shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! French V cut pave or Scallop pave

Alexmalex

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am having a halo ring created and I had given an image as inspiration and asked for the setting to be modeled after that. A bit late I realized they had designed the ring to have French V split pave, and I am not sure if that is the best choice for a halo style ring. Now I am second guessing whether I should go back and change to a scallop (U prong) style pave instead.

Here is the image I used as inspiration - is this French V Split pave?

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 12.55.56 PM.png \

Here is the jewelers rendering:
625713_V4_Render2.jpg

I want to make sure the melee stones are showcased nicely and not overpowered by too much metal.

Thank you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cads do tend to overemphasize metal that will be finer in person, but you should ask the jeweler.

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Alexmalex,

One of the things to keep in mind with CADs is that the small details like the pave isn’t what might actually be on the final product. The pave is hand finished on a piece. The ring comes in a “clean slate” and the pave is basically formed on that empty metal. The CAD is usually there to help the client visualize what a complete item might look like. Ideally you would check examples of the type pave that you’re interested in.

Another thing to keep in mind that each craftsman has his “signature”. The same type of pave from two different vendors would probably look a little bit different.

As far as the best choice, that’s totally a matter of preference. Each type of modern pave is very slightly different from each other. Just pick out the one that speaks to you the most.

Good luck!

Alexmalex

Rough_Rock
Cads do tend to overemphasize metal that will be finer in person, but you should ask the jeweler.

Thank you Victor! In your expert opinion can you confirm that the top photo was in fact French V split pave?

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Vendors sometimes use different names for the same type of pave types. There isn’t standardization in the terms basically. I’m not clear on what French V Split Pave means to you. As far as the first image, I’m pretty confident that it’s u-cut pave. You can see the shadows of the semi-circles along the sides of the band.

All the best,

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is a close up on the first one, it looks like U to me.. As to what to call it .. dont ask me lol

pave1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results