shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! French Hallmark J C - any ideas?

DecoDreamin

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have a lovely perfume bottle and I am hoping to figure out the maker. It also has the eagle stamp which I know means 18k but it appears to be a double stamp, does anyone know why it would have two eagle stamps? Or am I seeing it wrong. Here is the info on the piece:

18k with what I believe is a silver or platinum top. It has a peridot on top with rose cut diamonds framing it. It also has more diamonds on the outside of the bottle. There are two eagles heads on one side. There is a makers mark but I cannot find the maker. It is J C with a symbol in between, possibly a goblet. It is 2 10/16th inches long and approx. 13.7mm in diameter. I believe it is rock crystal. I know Jacque Cartier use J C but I don't know about the symbol in between. Any help would be so appreciated!

perfume.jpg

_39161.jpg

mark4.jpg

_39163.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one place to look:
http://www.langantiques.com/aju/?page_id=66&listpage=1&instance=1#participants-list-1
A little easier to negotiate: http://www.langantiques.com/univers...Castellani+Jewelry+Mark.jpg#mw-category-media

Apparently there was a manufacturer of perfume bottles called JC Brosseau. It seems their wares were stamped with the full name, and were mass marketed, but... maybe they also had a higher end, one-of-a-kind line? It might be another lead worth checking out. (ETA - nope. looks like this isn't the one - http://www.jcbrosseau.com/index.php?id_cms=4&controller=cms&id_lang=1)

Your vial looks like a real treasure, by the way!

DecoDreamin

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you so much for the information, I have checked the Lang site but I will check all your links. It may just be that it is an unknown maker but I am surprised I can't find even one other online that is just like it. Thanks again!

sunnysunshine

Rough_Rock
I have a lovely perfume bottle and I am hoping to figure out the maker. It also has the eagle stamp which I know means 18k but it appears to be a double stamp, does anyone know why it would have two eagle stamps? Or am I seeing it wrong. Here is the info on the piece:

18k with what I believe is a silver or platinum top. It has a peridot on top with rose cut diamonds framing it. It also has more diamonds on the outside of the bottle. There are two eagles heads on one side. There is a makers mark but I cannot find the maker. It is J C with a symbol in between, possibly a goblet. It is 2 10/16th inches long and approx. 13.7mm in diameter. I believe it is rock crystal. I know Jacque Cartier use J C but I don't know about the symbol in between. Any help would be so appreciated!

perfume.jpg

_39161.jpg

mark4.jpg

_39163.jpg

Hello, I know this is a longshot, as this thread is a bit old. But i have an antique necklace and the clasp has the same exact mark, and an eagle head.
JC in a diamond with maybe a challis in the middle. the same exact mark.
I have looked and scoured any other online makers mark sites, but this is the only one I have seen. Have you found out what it could be? Many thanks!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect @DecoDreamin has left the building. Too bad - that was a great screen name!

More to the point though, this might be the information you’re looking for. The 925-1000.com website and forum focuses on silver jewelry and silversmiths, but can be useful when researching gold jewelry too.

sunnysunshine

Rough_Rock
Thanks!
If anyone in the future encounters this stamp, any info wuld be appreciated!
Thanks again!

MJLekit

Rough_Rock

perfume.jpg

_39161.jpg

mark4.jpg

_39163.jpg

Hi there, did you ever identify this mark? I have an item with the same stamp! Mine also has two other hallmarks that im hoping lead me in the right direction!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results