Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for pendant issue

rinni

Rough_Rock
My pendant, which is supposed to slide freely on its chain, doesn't. It gets stuck at a point of the chain and sits awkwardly when I wear it.

The pendant gets unstuck if the chain is adjusted, but I have to adjust it multiple times a day. The adjusting is driving me nuts and I find myself constantly looking at the mirror checking if the pendant is sitting right.

D0850798-4860-422A-B03B-D7632B0DC4A0.jpeg

I think the issue comes up because of the way the chain is attached through the very narrow openings on the side of the pendant.
23FE1A34-C684-4305-B561-7315E05F2BD2.jpeg

How do I fix this? Get a thinner chain? Attach a bale at the back?

lkolarik

Shiny_Rock
You could try a different style of chain, in addition to a thinner chain. Something like a wheat or rolo might enable the pendant to slide better?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pendant on a wheat chain and while I have more room for it to slide than yours, it is a very smooth chain and I think if you had the right size it would work on your pendant.

rinni

Rough_Rock
Hmmm, would a ball chain work? I've a really thin ball chain (1mm according to the receipt) and I wanna save some $$$

lkolarik

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, would a ball chain work? I've a really thin ball chain (1mm according to the receipt) and I wanna save some $$$
You could always try it, but depending on the space between the balls, you might have the same issue. But why not try?

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.