shape
carat
color
clarity

Help for pendant issue

rinni

Rough_Rock
My pendant, which is supposed to slide freely on its chain, doesn't. It gets stuck at a point of the chain and sits awkwardly when I wear it.

The pendant gets unstuck if the chain is adjusted, but I have to adjust it multiple times a day. The adjusting is driving me nuts and I find myself constantly looking at the mirror checking if the pendant is sitting right.

D0850798-4860-422A-B03B-D7632B0DC4A0.jpeg

I think the issue comes up because of the way the chain is attached through the very narrow openings on the side of the pendant.
23FE1A34-C684-4305-B561-7315E05F2BD2.jpeg

How do I fix this? Get a thinner chain? Attach a bale at the back?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
You could try a different style of chain, in addition to a thinner chain. Something like a wheat or rolo might enable the pendant to slide better?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pendant on a wheat chain and while I have more room for it to slide than yours, it is a very smooth chain and I think if you had the right size it would work on your pendant.

rinni

Rough_Rock
Hmmm, would a ball chain work? I've a really thin ball chain (1mm according to the receipt) and I wanna save some $$$

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, would a ball chain work? I've a really thin ball chain (1mm according to the receipt) and I wanna save some $$$

You could always try it, but depending on the space between the balls, you might have the same issue. But why not try?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results