shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding this ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with this ring by Bunz but i can''t find anyone who carries his line except for one place in the midwest. looking for someone on the east coast.
Also, what kind of stone is in the ring. i''m clueless and deseperate to find it!

Thanks in advance for your help.
elle

P.S. i hope the file attached. i''m pretty new at this.

Bunz.jpg

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could help you on this one, but I do like that ring.... it's my birthstone...
lickout.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks anyway, Bree.
But i still don't know what the stone is??

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Elle,
That stone is probably a topaz or an aquamarine. That design is very attractive, but, like many designer pieces it looks like it might be hard to wear for any length of time. The sharp corners hanging out in space look very exposed and may be prone to being easily damaged if they were hit on another hard object, (or worse, poking holes in soft objects, like other people). Wear it carefully !

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi Michael,
and thanks for the info.
While you're probably right about the ring I still love it.
It's very hard for me to find a piece of jewelry i go "wow" over let alone makes me drool like this ring. I just adore it. Also, my better half and I just received our wedding bands by another german designer but i still haven't picked out an engagement ring, (it's been over a year..lol) so i was thinking this would be perfect.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with Michael that this stone is probably blue topaz, or a VERY expensive aquamarine. Guarantee that if you wear this as an every day ring for an engagement ring that you will damage the stone unless you are extremely careful with your hands. Aqua is I believe a 7-7.5 in hardness and topaz is an 8. Neither is a good choice for an every day ring.

Sorry to dissapoint, but those are the facts.

Michael could make you one very similar if you wished, why not give him a call? He could custom cut the stone for you, maybe he could round the corners a bit if you did not think it would detract from the look and the ring would be less likely to be damaged the first time you caught a point on a table top or other obstacle. Obviously he would not make it exactly the same, for that you would need to contact the original designer, but you would then have your own original design inspired by the design that you have seen.

Wink

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Wink,
Based on your and Michaels responses would it be possible to substitute the stone for a sapphire in that color or very close to? Also, since one of the reasons I’m attracted to this ring is the cut of stone. Can a Sapphire be cut to those proportions? I’m assuming the answer would be yes, but I’ve never seen one so have to ask.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It would have to be custom cut, finding one in that tone of color could be difficult. Same problems with damaging the points of the stone, even if it were diamond. It is not a particularly wearable ring unless you take a LOT of care.

Wink

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is listed among the designer pieces at Stuart Moore
1.gif

StuartMoore.JPG

jnt

Rough_Rock
I have a friend with a very nice 2ct aqua in a cut like that, she wears it as an engagement ring.

She chipped the stone no less than 5 days after having it and is getting another stone re-set.

I would seriously look at either:
1) not wearing that often
2) rounding the corners
3) protecting the stone via a better setting

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Great ring, Valeria.
I just checked out Christoph Blatters page and while it's similiar, my heart is still set on the Bunz ring or something very close to it.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jnt,
The thing is, if I take the suggestions that you, Michael and Wink have noted, the ring ceases to become what I want. What makes it beautiful to me wouldn't exist anymore and it would just become a typical ring in my eyes.
I am however sorry for your friend. But i guess as everyone has said, that's the the chance you take when you decide to purchase a piece like that.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
I am new to this site so sorry for the late response to this one. The design that you are looking for is typical of many European designs as it is clean and contemporary but not so wearable. That is why most design competitions now have scoring for how wearable something is. I travel to most of the world's jewelry shows and see most of what is out there. I also have won 18 awards for design. THere are ways to take what you like about that design and make something wearable but not for a wedding ring, unless you understand that it will be damaged at some point which others have expressed to you. Topaz is what it most likely in that ring although many synthetics like synthetic spinel is often in that color. Topaz is brittle which is more the problem than hardness. Sapphire would be pricy in comparison. 10 mmm Topaz = $100 10mm sapphire = $1500 easily. If you keep the clean lines and height, but figure out how to protect the corners of the stone, you the look but can wear it. If you do select this design, get an extra stone from the maker of the ring at what ever the cost. Sometimes the stone is not available a year later.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results