shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding glowy drop bridal earrings?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends,

I have been on the hunt for a pretty pair of simple drop earrings (might be open to studs for the right pair). don't want anything teeny tiny or super dainty.

I love the look of the softly glowy stones like chrysoprase, chalcedony, even jade, there might be other stones i do not know about (faceted opals glow??)---- I looooooove emerald and paraiba, and other blue/green tourmalines but doubt i can afford

I am all over the place with color - just want something of nice, glowy quality and where the color isn't super muted & greyish - doesn't need to be in your face. I like blues, greens, aquas, even bluish-purple (periwinkle), yellow/gold if it is WOW

I seem to be only finding acorns which i can't tell if i like, but I am open to faceted, carved... my favorite is bezel set, but having trouble finding, have no idea where to look other than Etsy. i don't think i can go for loose stones I have to find a jeweler for - because I need to find something before September.

Budget is ideally >$300, up to $500, i know that isn't much. Need to be at least 14k solid gold, prefer white gold but will do yellow.... - I am extremely sensitive to silver and have had allergic reactions in the past

Here are some ideas, I truthfully feel a bit lost, i want something simple and elegant, but can't tell if i like any of these enough to buy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/801656823/sale-30-off-natural-jade-green?ref=shop_home_active_129&frs=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/583284...allery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&sca=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/724518322/sale-30-off-natural-aqua-color?ref=shop_home_active_112&frs=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/636327...ivid-green?ref=search_recently_viewed-4&frs=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/684958...blue-chalcedony?ref=shop_home_active_92&frs=1

Reactions: AV_

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so you love green :kiss2:
me too
i really love the shape of those first ones and congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming nuptials

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
I love the 2nd and 3rd ones, the aqua chalcedony earrings! Especially the bezel trillium ones... The emeralds are cute but what I would definitely call teeny-tiny.

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
It is such an exciting time! Stressful too at times!
I sympathize with you on this hunt.
I was in the same boat this time last year and tried on dozens of earrings before finding what worked for me. I needed to see them in person to see what went well with my hair color and complexion so I could tell how they would read overall. Hairstyle is a factor also.
I was mainly looking at pearls and gold.
I ended up with a small collection, as one does. Lol

In the end I veered off course and chose a sparkly pair that read as just the right amount of presence that I wanted.

I do agree that the emerald earrings would be too tiny to be seen, although they’re super pretty.

I love the aquamarine. That would be a softer look. I think you’d have to try them to see how you like the shape and if they have think the glow and presence you’re after.

Margo Morrison New York is a designer that works in faceted semiprecious stones. I love her earrings, but they are either sterling or 18ct gold over sterling. Don’t know if that would work for you. She has a website you can check out.

If you’re near Phila, there is a great antique jewelry store called Halloween with a ton of earrings; vintage, antique and some new as well. Their prices are fair too.

Good luck in your search! Have fun!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!

I would definitely splurge for wedding jewelry as it's an occasion that will make the pieces very sentimental and meaningful. I regret not doing so myself and just wore CZ studs, as there was so much going on I didn't even think about investing in fine jewelry.

Here's something I found on Blue Nile that might match what you are looking for.

You may also want to check out Ross-Simons.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
thank you all so much - in full transparency - my wedding, as it was intended to be, was cancelled as of two days ago, it was meant to be this September at a beautiful hotel called the Chicago Athletic Association. But, sometimes life gets in the way and things don't turn out as you expected!

PS has been a fun place to find solace and pre-occupy myself. And to displace the sadness, I am trying to find fun, little things to look forward to and make it special. We will elope or do something small and casual with family - so I want earrings that are more unusual and with a bit color instead of the more formal look I was planning on :)

Looking now, i realize multiple etsy listings I shared are no returns...not a great idea! I wish I could pop into stores right now, but chicago is a bit of a mess....we can't even snag an in-person appt for my fiance to get a suit, but hey, that's nothing too surprising in this strange, new normal i have found myself in! committed to finding some beauty in the chaos

thanks all for the suggestions - i will check out those links! and anyone else, feel free to chime in with ideas too!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
eloping sounds very excitting !
but im also sorry you had to cancel the big do but most importantly im really happy the romance is still burning brightly for you and your intended
with a bit of the pressure off enjoy the search for your now sparkly wedding jewlery
i look forward to seeing the options and what you end up with

i still really love those very first green earings you linked and i think he should buy those for you !
even in my NZ dollars they are a really good price and you need cheering up after having to cancel the big wedding

Attachments

• il_794xN.2326431588_nbuz.jpg
    il_794xN.2326431588_nbuz.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 39

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Since none of the ones you’re considering have wowed you yet, I wonder if any of Yvonne Raley’s earrings would suit? She’s got some really beautiful blues and greens listed. It also looks like she has a two week no questions asked refund policy.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I found these on Ebay. They're a little more pastel but really pretty and versatile.

Last edited:

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I’m so sorry you had that disappointing news.
It’s hard dismantling a dream and building a new one. I wish for you that the new plan can be just as special in its own way.

Having some special piece to mark the occasion will help make it feel more so.
Finding beauty in the chaos is a great way to go. The stores and shops being closed make your hunt more of a challenge.
Hopefully in the next couple months you’ll get to try on things in person. Keep the faith and I’m sure the right pair will find you.

I thought some of the Ross Simons recommendations looked promising.
I love the turquoise and gemstone earrings @Gloria27 mentioned. Might be out of the price point, but they’re gorgeous.
Best of luck and I’ll keep brainstorming to see what I come across.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Prehnite.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
those turquoise ones are stunning
maybe turquoise is an avenue worth exsploring some more

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is double to triple the budget you had in mind, but I stumbled across these earrings and they are beautiful! Totally worth splurging for as wedding earrings!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh thank you all SO MUCH for the suggestions - they all sent me on some real explorations!

I agree...those Tiffany's earrings are bee-utiful! Lots of thinking to do....the turquoise ones are truly out of the question given cost - but they are lovely

The gem suggestions are great, Prehnite, moonstone...so many to choose from!....I also discovered carnelian, which isn't blue or green - but has a beautiful glow/richness of color

I have found so many gorgeous chrysoprase earrings, but man they are all out of budget! I am not sure if anyone has worked with Ormachea? Maybe they can make me a custom pair in my budget but I am sure this might be wishful thinking

Ormachea 1
Ormachea 2

cant tell if these are too small
Etsy chrysoprase earrings

I love these too, kind of surprised by how much....they are so unique but also out of budget...maybe need to talk to fiance about getting something more expensive / special :roll2:

Annette Ferdinandsen carnelian orchids

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Check out these earrings from Kendra Scott too! She uses gold plated brass for a lot of her pieces, not sure if you are allergic to brass, but that can help lower the price vs. solid gold!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not familiar with this vendor, but chrysocolla is pretty and budget friendly.
F02CFD72-0252-4F89-9966-FB238E99A589.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Check out these earrings from Kendra Scott too! She uses gold plated brass for a lot of her pieces, not sure if you are allergic to brass, but that can help lower the price vs. solid gold!

I WISH I could wear anything other than gold / platinum...but I can't - my ears in particular react terribly - brass, steel, silver, etc is off limits

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hhaha!
I almost sent those to you! I love the color on these.
I thought the shape might've been wrong
This site is a lot of gold filled, but they have some really pretty examples for little money.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow that last pair is great! Ugh!!! I am a December baby and always had a fondness for turquoise....my late grandmother had the most incredible turquoise squash blossom necklace / earring set that got lost years ago in family squabbles....*SIGH*

Anyways, spoke to my fiance. He is funny - very rarely expresses his opinions. I have to look for clues! We are upping the budget to $1k (but really NO MORE) - and I showed him a deluge of options everyone shared, and others I had found.

The ones he preferred, had pearls! Go figure.

He tends to be a bit traditional, and I now suspect he may have been imagining me in pearls! I know diddly about pearls - I have mostly seen dull and listless strings of pearls that never left me impressed...but once I started looking at photos, some of the blues, greens, lilacs and light pinks in the sheen some of them have is reminiscent of the glow I have come to like in many gemstones. Maybe I am nuts?

So now, I am a bit confused and now....looking at pearls? :roll: I might save a fun, punchy pair of chrysoprase or calcedony for daily wear down the road...i admit none of the ones i found felt "special" enough....

Maybe I should dig around the pearls forum? I found two pairs that stuck out:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/814337..._query=earrings&ref=shop_items_search_6&frs=1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/806332...e-natural?ref=shop_home_active_12&pro=1&frs=1
- i thought this pair would be so pretty mounted on white gold hoops like this pair

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you don't want traditional pearls, look at Little H. She has super pretty studs with gemstones embedded in them. It's classic with a twist.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
If you don't want traditional pearls, look at Little H. She has super pretty studs with gemstones embedded in them. It's classic with a twist.

OOOhhhhhh they are SO cool. I looked - didn't see a single pair of dangles under $1k - :(2 hoop is fine, but I think I want some kind of drop component (feels more dressy)

elizat

Ideal_Rock
OOOhhhhhh they are SO cool. I looked - didn't see a single pair of dangles under $1k - :(2 hoop is fine, but I think I want some kind of drop component (feels more dressy)

She will do custom. Her studs are in your budget. Perhaps they could be set slightly different? On a basic dangle finding or fishhook for example? If you like the idea, I'd ask. @yssie has done a project with her before.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She will do custom. Her studs are in your budget. Perhaps they could be set slightly different? On a basic dangle finding or fishhook for example? If you like the idea, I'd ask. @yssie has done a project with her before.

Oh! Definitely reach out to Hisano if you like her style @annagene12!! She's really wonderful to work with, as is Inta!!

She prices by both labour and materials - a given quantity of, say baby freshwaters costs less than that same quantity of recycled ruby. And a number of her pieces are quite large in-person (larger than you might expect from photos!) so reducing scale may be another venue to bringing costs down.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh! Definitely reach out to Hisano if you like her style @annagene12!! She's really wonderful to work with, as is Inta!!

She prices by both labour and materials - a given quantity of, say baby freshwaters costs less than that same quantity of recycled ruby. And a number of her pieces are quite large in-person (larger than you might expect from photos!) so reducing scale may be another venue to bringing costs down.

Thank you for the details! I was trying to avoid custom just for time and headache sake (I find it a bit daunting still) but I may do it...I will take one final pass looking for pearls, and then this will be the next option I pursue.

much appreciated

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results