shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Finding a Two-Tone Engagement Ring Please

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Exodus... I'd still put that stone on hold... can't hurt.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me make sure I'm getting this right (because you provided 3 links including the DBL link)
So you want a pear from BlueNile for the twisted halo setting

or

you need a pear that IDJ can get for the Windsor (Gabriel setting)?

Why did you provide the link the DBL ring? Is it still an option?

edit...just saw the past few post. what shape stone are you looking for?

Exodus

Rough_Rock
Let me make sure I'm getting this right (because you provided 3 links including the DBL link)
So you want a pear from BlueNile for the twisted halo setting

or

you need a pear that IDJ can get for the Windsor (Gabriel setting)?

Why did you provide the link the DBL ring? Is it still an option?

edit...just saw the past few post. what shape stone are you looking for?

Hi tyty333,

Yes the DBL ring is still an option as well, and I know it comes with the stock stone shown in the link, but I wanted to know if I am better off substituting that Pear stone for a different/better Pear. David from DBL told me it's something they can do and all I would do is simply provide him with the link/specs for my stone of choice, and he would return to me with options.

The second point is, I certainly wouldn't mind using the same stone for the twisted halo as I do for the Windsor. It could be a oval/pear/marquise twisted halo or a oval/pear/marquise windsor.

From conversations here, it sounds like the recommendations are to go with Oval, then Marquise, and lastly Pear (in that order).
I want to use the feedback I've received from all of you to make the best decision. For all intents and purposes we can eliminate pear from the equation.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From conversations here, it sounds like the recommendations are to go with Oval, then Marquise, and lastly Pear (in that order).
I want to use the feedback I've received from all of you to make the best decision. For all intents and purposes we can eliminate pear from the equation.

If you decide to go with the Windsor, the marquise is going to look better than an oval... IMO.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Exodus, did your GF change her mind about not wanting rose gold? I just noticed the DBL ring has rose and not yellow gold.

Exodus

Rough_Rock
@Exodus, did your GF change her mind about not wanting rose gold? I just noticed the DBL ring has rose and not yellow gold.

Yes, I teased her about that and she told me "I know I said I dont like rose gold, but that one looks really pretty."

Exodus

Rough_Rock
If you decide to go with the Windsor, the marquise is going to look better than an oval... IMO.

Thanks, your point is well received. The stone you referenced to me from jamesallen is also bookmarked and I plan to call them as soon as I am able.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, your point is well received. The stone you referenced to me from jamesallen is also bookmarked and I plan to call them as soon as I am able.

Can't wait to see which one you choose!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are getting that premade DBL ring, that ring has fancy pink natural diamonds in the halo - they are pretty rare, so idk if that is something that sways you to that option. You could also have one made with a yellow gold halo with yellow diamonds, I am sure, if you wanted yellow two-tone rather than pink, and DBL could find a similar center stone. Personally for ME, the coolness of having something custom made with natural fancy colored diamonds would be way better than a mass-manufactured setting by Blue Nile or Gabriel & Co - but it doesn't have the twist aspect or the wider near the center stone aspect you indicated your girlfriend wanting.

Exodus

Rough_Rock
I truly appreciate you all for the great insight, advise, input over the past month+.

In wrapping up the process, it looks like we are leaning on getting this particular ring (linked below) from DBL. My lady likes the appeal, compared to the previous ring, which is a similar pink one from DBL.

What would be the usual next steps following this? At a minimum I would request a GIA certificate.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The GIA report is on there, I dont think he is likely to unset it and send it back in without some sort of charge... You have a 7 day return period. Order it view it with your own eyes and see if you love it. If you do hooray. If you don't send it back.
DBL is run by a gentleman named David. I have worked with him many times, he is a solid citizen.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly appreciate you all for the great insight, advise, input over the past month+.

In wrapping up the process, it looks like we are leaning on getting this particular ring (linked below) from DBL. My lady likes the appeal, compared to the previous ring, which is a similar pink one from DBL.

What would be the usual next steps following this? At a minimum I would request a GIA certificate.

The GIA report # is already listed. You can input it into the GIA website report check to look at it. I assume they will send the paper copy when you purchase the ring.

The next step is to buy the ring, see it in person, see if you two love it, if so keep it, and if not return it. When you get it, be sure to take it into different lighting instead of just staying in one room - sometimes something that looks meh in the room I first open it in looks amazing in literally every other place.

It looks like a great ring!

Exodus

Rough_Rock
The GIA report # is already listed. You can input it into the GIA website report check to look at it. I assume they will send the paper copy when you purchase the ring.

The next step is to buy the ring, see it in person, see if you two love it, if so keep it, and if not return it. When you get it, be sure to take it into different lighting instead of just staying in one room - sometimes something that looks meh in the room I first open it in looks amazing in literally every other place.

It looks like a great ring!

I will do just that. Thank you.

Exodus

Rough_Rock
I will do just that. Thank you.

I do have a question on this, am I better off asking to have a less yellow stone set in it? I'm not sure how much the s-t affects the sparkle.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have a question on this, am I better off asking to have a less yellow stone set in it? I'm not sure how much the s-t affects the sparkle.

The color of a diamond should not affect how sparkly it is. The draw of this ring is that it has an S-T diamond set in it and has fancy yellow melee so is just overall a yellow ring. Pears also come in all different proportions so if you want a whiter diamond and like that setting, it is probably best for you to pick the diamond separately and have DBL make a new setting that’s just like that one for it. Otherwise I worry your budget would not stretch to getting a near-colorless diamond that would fit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results