shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a smaller rose cut?

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I'm in the early stages of looking for a rose cut diamond to set in a pendant. So far, it's proving to be a challenge! I've contacted a few of the old cut vendors with no luck, I either don't get a reply, or don't hear back from them. I'm guessing the size I'm looking for might have something to do with that. I've searched on ebay, etsy, rubylane...but I'm not really confident enough to judge the quality of a rose cut online so I'd rather have it sourced by a tried & true vendor. Any advice? Anyone seeing anything in your online travels that might fit the specs below?

5.5-6mm (larger is obviously fine, but budget dependent)
Eyeclean
Lower colors completely acceptable (metal will be rose gold)
Round/oval shape
Budget around $1,000. Is that unrealistic for a rose cut?? If so, what should my budget be?

Any help is appreciated!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I expect you've tried Jewels by Grace? She often seems to have parcels of diamonds of various sizes.

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Snowdrop- I've tried calling a few times and just sent an email to her. I stalk her site almost daily hoping something will pop up!

Steahl

Rough_Rock
MissElizabeth thanks for that suggestion, I think I've stumbled across her IG but never thought to check her site. She seems to have a lot of rose cuts and her prices are great! I've emailed her so we'll see. Thank you!

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Just by way of wrapping up this thread - I ended up finding a lovely rose cut on LT a few weeks ago, and it's making its way to DK for a custom pendant now :) thanks for the suggestions!

pearaffair - I've been following your friend's rose cut ering journey from your posts, can't wait til you post her finished ring!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I'm glad you found a rose cut!

And meeeee tooo! Can't wait to see her ring and you better believe I will update with pics as soon as I have them :)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Just by way of wrapping up this thread - I ended up finding a lovely rose cut on LT a few weeks ago, and it's making its way to DK for a custom pendant now :) thanks for the suggestions!

pearaffair - I've been following your friend's rose cut ering journey from your posts, can't wait til you post her finished ring!
Can't wait to see the pendant!

Steahl

Rough_Rock
Me neither haha! David hasn't given me a timeline (I haven't asked tbh) but I hope it's here before daughter #2 decides to make an appearance sometime in late Aug - Sept! (Its a baby project) I'll definitely be showing it off in smtb tho :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results