shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding a diamond

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone :)
I am looking for a 2-2.5 ct diamond for about 20K (not more than that). I have a few questions:
-Is it even possible in this price range?
-I am okay with an eye clean Si1. But ideal cut. I have noticed the old cut rounds are more sparkly.. is it true?
-Color wise I am okay with G,h and I.
-Please let me know where to start from? I am relying upon your expertise as I am totally lost... Please help me :D (good vendors, what questions to ask, what to look out for?)
Thanks so much in advance!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
High Performance Diamonds, WhiteFlash, and Brian Gavin Diamonds would be the best places to start for Ideal-Super Ideal Cut Diamonds.
Any of these vendors can tell you if achieving what you are searching for is possible with your budget.

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
Found a thread that talks about lower coloured diamonds, to help you gauge what a K is like. In this thread @diamondseeker2006 also provides the parameters to look out for in the diamond. If you go by the parameters she's provided, you can find a fine looking stone quite easily!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/considering-a-warm-colored-diamond-k-or-l.239282/

Ideal cuts are:
A Cut Above by whiteflash
Crafted by Infinity through High Performance Diamonds
BGD Hearts & Arrows/BGD Blue by Brian Gavin
ID Jewelry also can source nice stones within your budget if you give them a call

Good luck on your exciting search!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I would think for this you are not in branded super ideal territory and should probably talk to ID Jewelry about finding something beautiful in your budget.

If you're good with a K:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4113565.htm

You can get a non-branded well cut stone for your budget. The closest at whiteflash is $22k. That's for 2.5ct, for 2ct you can be branded and under $20k.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also move up into the "I" range with super ideal as @kb1gra mentioned...

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3817255.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2936493.htm

Some nice looking Js too
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4113560.htm
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4097135.htm

You really do need to go look at some I/J/K well cut GIA/AGS stones to help you decide on color. WF has
a very easy upgrade process so you can always work your way up to a G.

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much all of you for your input. Now I know where to start from. I will ask for your valuable opinions through out the process.. Thanks :love:

Manomi

Rough_Rock
YEs I am okay with non branded diamonds. I just want it to be GIA graded.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
YEs I am okay with non branded diamonds. I just want it to be GIA graded.

It’s a bit more difficult to find a GIA graded super-ideal ... have you considered using a diamond concierge? Why are you looking for only GIA graded? Are you overseas from US?

Manomi

Rough_Rock
It’s a bit more difficult to find a GIA graded super-ideal ... have you considered using a diamond concierge? Why are you looking for only GIA graded? Are you overseas from US?
I am for US. From what I have read, I understand GIA is the most 'respected' certification.. is that not correct? Also I am not sure what a diamond concierge is. Can you please explain? Sorry I am such a newbie!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am for US. From what I have read, I understand GIA is the most 'respected' certification.. is that not correct? Also I am not sure what a diamond concierge is. Can you please explain? Sorry I am such a newbie!
Gia and AGS are the 2 most respected labs. AGS is most respected for cut.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

Concierge is where you have someone find a diamond for you ... Good Old Gold has this service and I think August Vintage ...

GIA has been around longer and is more recognized outside of the US, although it is a US organization ... GIA and AGS are quite comparable but AGS evaluates diamonds using a computer scan and analyzes all of the angles for light performance. Most of the super-ideal diamonds sold by the PS recommended vendors are AGS graded, which is why I was thinking it would be harder to find one that is GIA graded.

If you stick with High Performance Diamonds, Whiteflash, or Brian Gavin, you will have an easy time finding a super-ideal diamond ... but they are AGS graded, just so you know ... I would not be concerned about that, if I were you ... AGS is considered a top-notch certification.

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Concierge is where you have someone find a diamond for you ... Good Old Gold has this service and I think August Vintage ...

GIA has been around longer and is more recognized outside of the US, although it is a US organization ... GIA and AGS are quite comparable but AGS evaluates diamonds using a computer scan and analyzes all of the angles for light performance. Most of the super-ideal diamonds sold by the PS recommended vendors are AGS graded, which is why I was thinking it would be harder to find one that is GIA graded.

If you stick with High Performance Diamonds, Whiteflash, or Brian Gavin, you will have an easy time finding a super-ideal diamond ... but they are AGS graded, just so you know ... I would not be concerned about that, if I were you ... AGS is considered a top-notch certification.
Got it!! Thank you for taking out the time to explain :love:

Manomi

Rough_Rock
Hi again :)
So I have read good things about old world diamonds and I follow them on insta. I know that their stones are low in color but they seem sooo gorgeous. Adam told me that antique stones face up whiter. I was looking for some stones online and according to the report,there are lotts of flaws in the stone (like polish and symmetry). For example this one:
http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/dia...=PRICE&shape=OM&item=diamond&referer=diamonds
Is it wrong to think that all of OWD's stones are good performers? The stone that I put the link for, would you buy it?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are just different. They are a different flavor and a different feel. More chunky facets designed for the lighting of the time and can be amazingly beautiful.

There is no right or wrong here. It’s about what the person who will be wearing the ring likes.

Manomi

Rough_Rock
I think they are just different. They are a different flavor and a different feel. More chunky facets designed for the lighting of the time and can be amazingly beautiful.

There is no right or wrong here. It’s about what the person who will be wearing the ring likes.
that's true...what do you think of this stone? specification wise?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's true...what do you think of this stone? specification wise?
You cannot pick an old cut without pics/videos. There are no formulas for ideal performance like there are for modern rounds. You need to see it and decide what you think

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results