shape
carat
color
clarity

Help evaluating a Montana Sapphire

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am looking at this sapphire that caught my eye, but I know nothing about sapphires, can I get some help evaluating.

I am told that there is no windowing, I love the shape, but don't really know what to be looking for. It is 3+cts, heat treated El Dorado Bar Montana Sapphire, pending lab report. I can post more picks once I receive if needed.

Thank you

IMG_5100.png IMG_5101.png IMG_5102.png IMG_5103.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The main 4 Cs apply:

1. Colour - Montana are notorious shifters so it is likely to look quite different under different lighting. This is where seeing it in person and making the final decision is important. You have to love it when it is under the lighting you are most frequently under.

2. Clarity - Eye clean to your standards. Looks pretty clean to me.

3. Cut - Looks very well cut and polished.

4. Carat - A decently good sized stone!

What lab is the stone sent to?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Id ask for more pics, bc montanas tend to go greyish in different low lights. But if there's a lab report and you like the color/size then go for it !!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see any windowing, but maybe a camera shadow in one pic. My first thought was that it looks the color and cut of some famed blue diamonds. I know it’s not a diamond, but I love the luster and polish, which is diamond like.

See the “blue moon” diamond on YouTube. Of course a sapphire is not a diamond, but it’s a pretty gem if you like greyish blues.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the first photo is natural daylight - that's depressing.
The other photos in different lighting is beautiful.
I love the facet pattern.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the option to have it sent to GIA or AGL.

I will have a better idea of the color changing once it arrives

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results