shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Emerald cut diamond ER

Fsmu

Rough_Rock
can anyone post some larger than 2.5 carat EC ER in yellow gold settings?? I typically wear yellow gold. But my rings have always been a platinum. I hate my rings. And am thinking of changing to yellow gold, just not sure how it will look. I know all about color guides etc. and my stone is white but it’s an I stone - so maybe if set in a yellow gold setting it would be warmer. Which I guess I’m ok with. I just want to see it first.

Also with that— I was told white gold is more risky than platinum because you can lose the stone. And yellow gold is even softer, so it’s even more risky. But then I also see people say gold is better for larger stones. The stone is 4.5 ct.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Please post some images of your current ring from different angles, including side view.
Then we can give better feedback so we know what you are working with.
You can have double prongs instead of single to give you a little extra security. Also, just have your ring checked every six months... or even every 3 and get your ring cleaned while you are there and you will be confident that all is secure. And, of course, be sure to get an updated appraisal and have it insured!
I think I color is the tipping point between going with a white metal vs yellow. And with an emerald cut, in general, as well as one of significant size such as yours, there will be more depth of color. I had an I color in a 3.29ct round set in plat and I felt it looked too tinted in white metal, but I am overtly color sensitive so maybe it was just me.
Anyhow, post photos!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results