shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Did I damage my diamond with this cleaning product?

rwillya

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have several diamonds in my wedding band and I used a cleaning product to clean up a mess after my puppy had an accident. I forgot to take off my wedding band. Will the chemicals in the cleaning product damage the diamonds in any way? Here is a link to a list of ingredients.

http://www.rbnainfo.com/product.php?productLineId=832

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AFAIK diamonds are basically inert to pretty much everything!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I have several diamonds in my wedding band and I used a cleaning product to clean up a mess after my puppy had an accident. I forgot to take off my wedding band. Will the chemicals in the cleaning product damage the diamonds in any way? Here is a link to a list of ingredients.

http://www.rbnainfo.com/product.php?productLineId=832
No need to worry about your diamonds..I’m positive they are fine..

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
You’ll be good. I did that all the time when my dog was puppy. I very rarely take off my rings when cleaning and they were fine.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
As a rule, if your skin survived, your diamonds are just fine - your skin will melt off zombie style long before a diamond is damaged. Do just wash off harsh chemicals that can oxidize the metal your stones are set in.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamond is the hardest substance on Earth.
Cleaning products will not hurt your diamond.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always check you setting if chemical exposure. I ruined a ring while using bleach.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our older dog has had some issues - my rings are WELL acquainted with that cleaning product!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results