shape
carat
color
clarity

Help design a ring

shopping_girl

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I would like to custom-order a three stone ring with an east-west emerald cut diamond in the middle and two melée size diamonds on each side. I wondered what the best proportions are for the emerald cut vs round diamonds. Ideally I would like to go for a slightly understated look rather the big bling. Do you think 0.5 -0.75 ct for the emerald cut diamond is sufficiant?

I attached a picture of the ring I would like to re-create (saw it on ebay but failed to buy it). Ideally I would like to make the same ring, e.g get the right measures of the diamonds. All I know is that the ring is size 6.5/ 7 US size (M/N UK size) and was made in Australia.

I played around with different diamond sizes and quickly realized finding the right measures and proportions is essential for this design. The round diamonds quickly looked out of proportion if I went too big.

I would also like the ring to not sit too high on the finger. Is this the right design?

I would like to do more research and homework before I have an educated talk to a jeweller about the order. Frankly, I enjoy doing the research and learning about making the/ a ring. I feel if I just went and ordered the ring with a jeweller I wouldn't learn as much and it wouldn't be as much fun to me.

Thank you very much for your help. 20220227_150202.jpg

Attachments

• 20220227_150113.jpg
    20220227_150113.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220227_150138.jpg
    20220227_150138.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 3

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS.

Emerald cuts come in different length and width ratios, and I would advise deciding on the L/W ration that you like first, as everyone's preferences are different.

For me personally, I am not too keen on chubby ECs and prefer slightly longer/skinnier ones.

The length and width of the stone would also affect finger coverage.

For an East-West setting with 2 round side stones, IMHO, a chubbier EC would be better.

However, each to their own and all that.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results