shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Choosing Side Stones

LindyLoooo

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies and gentlemen. I was hoping for some suggestions and ideas. I had many plans to buy an ACC and have been looking on Grace's site for a while now browsing and thinking about the best size/color for me. However, my grandmother would like to give me her 1.2 carat RB. It's H, SI1, a nice stone I fondly remember her wearing. It is a bit smaller than I was planning for my ring, but I could make it a three stone!

At first I thought diamond side stones and just ask the jeweler to find sides to match. I'm going to ask WhiteFlash, Wink, and David Klass Jewelry for quotes (at least that is my current plan). Leaning to White Flash for now I think, but quotes haven't come in yet. I like that WF has done this style many times before. I do really love colored stones and unusual stones. I would like to consider spinel or emerald for side stones. I am very gentle on my rings. I love that spinel comes in so many colors. I actually love grey spinel, I am one of not too many I suspect.

So my thoughts are:
1. Diamond sides (pretty plain and streamlined three stone setting in white gold for me, to let the stones shine)
2. Emerald Sides
3. Grey Spinel
4. Bright color spinel (red or orange)

I attached some pictures that are inspirational for me. I was laughing at the David Klass Jewelry twitter post. Maybe it's a sign to do grey spinel? Also, how creepy is 50 Shades of Grey - I digress.

I attached a few pictures of the spinel colors I am thinking of and a sample setting. Please let me know what you think!

image_6.jpg

orange_1.jpg

eme.jpg

three-stone-diamodn-engagement-ring-side-profile.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also a grey lover! I think 2&4 will pop the most, but 1 & 3 will be the most wearable, with full diamonds being ahead of the grey.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results