shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing princess cut E VS2 or E VVS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jwlcndy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Well I don''t have all the specs, but which princess cut diamond would you choose? I haven''t seen these diamonds in person:

a) 1.06 ctw, E color, VS2, Excellent cut

b) 1.07 ctw, E color, VVS2, Excellent cut

c) 1.06 ctw, F color, VVS1, Excellent cut

Which would be the best in terms of Value and Quality? I like White and Sparkly diamonds. Do you think they would all relatively look the same in person??

Does clarity affect the whiteness or sparkle factor? ie. the VVS1/VVS2@ vs. VS2

I''m sure there is a premium for Clarity over Color - am I correct? (ie. F, VVS1 vs. E, VS2)

Help! Thank you!!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 3:08:43 PM
Author:jwlcndy
Hi Everyone,

Well I don't have all the specs, but which princess cut diamond would you choose? I haven't seen these diamonds in person:

a) 1.06 ctw, E color, VS2, Excellent cut

b) 1.07 ctw, E color, VVS2, Excellent cut

c) 1.06 ctw, F color, VVS1, Excellent cut

Which would be the best in terms of Value and Quality? I like White and Sparkly diamonds. Do you think they would all relatively look the same in person??

Does clarity affect the whiteness or sparkle factor? ie. the VVS1/VVS2@ vs. VS2

I'm sure there is a premium for Clarity over Color - am I correct? (ie. F, VVS1 vs. E, VS2)

Help! Thank you!!
35.gif
Welcome!

It would depend on the quality of the cut for me and the personality of the diamond. It is cut which gives the sparkle factor, so getting the best cut Princess you can is of the utmost importance. This can help the whiteness of the diamond which is really dependant on the colour grade. Assuming the three diamonds above all have an excellent cut and are reliably lab graded ( GIA or AGS) then I would choose the E VS2 combo from the limited info I have. Also don't go by labels such as Excellent Cut if vendor applied, AGS are the only lab to grade Princess for cut quality at this time, so any descriptions such as the above are no guarantee of a well cut diamond.

It is also crucial to know which lab graded the diamonds above, are they GIA graded? Are they also with an online vendor or store jeweller? If they are online then it would be best to ask the seller if they can supply detailed photos and ASET images of the diamonds as it is very difficult to choose a well cut Princess by just a couple of proportions such as the depth and table, this at best only gives a chalk outline of the diamond.

This page explains about ASET images, their usage and benefits when purchasing a Princess.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

jwlcndy

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your informative reply Lorelei!!

So based on the limited information, you would go for the E VS2 over the E VVS2?
I''m guessing because the VS2 is a better value money-wise correct?
So getting the VVS2 for a lot more money doesn''t necessarily mean its a "better" stone and value in terms of saving money?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The information you provided doesn''t show anything about the cut. What are the actual cut specs and images of these stones? It''s impossible to pick one without this information.

Personally though, I would drop down in color and clarity to the G/SI range to save a bundle and you wouldn''t be able to tell the difference.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 3:49:53 PM
Author: jwlcndy
Thank you for your informative reply Lorelei!!

So based on the limited information, you would go for the E VS2 over the E VVS2?
I'm guessing because the VS2 is a better value money-wise correct?
So getting the VVS2 for a lot more money doesn't necessarily mean its a 'better' stone and value in terms of saving money?
You are most welcome!

Personally I don't want to pay for what my eyes cannot see, so VVS clarity is unnecessarily high for my personal preferences, therefore VS2 is a much better fit for me claritywise. Colour and clarity is a matter of preference and budget, cut is what will give your diamond beauty, even a D IF would look like a chunk of glass if the cut was bad. If you prefer and would value having VVS clarity then thats fine but it doesn't make it a ' better' diamond necessarily than the VS clarity - only if you feel it is because that is what you personally find desirable in your diamond. As long as a diamond is eyeclean then it clarity comes down to personal preference and budget.

jwlcndy

Rough_Rock
Thank you again Lorelei!! This is what I was thinking, I would not want to be spending extra bucks for VVS2 as I would be quite happy with VS2
4.gif
Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track
2.gif
Unfortunately I don''t have the exact specs yet, but from what I''m told, they''re all Excellent cut (but I''m not sure according to which lab yet). Just needed a general idea based on the limited info I have so far since I''m not the one choosing by the way ;-)

jwlcndy

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your input! Unfortunately I do not have the exact specs at this time... just wanted to start with the info I did have so far
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 4:43:39 PM
Author: jwlcndy
Thank you again Lorelei!! This is what I was thinking, I would not want to be spending extra bucks for VVS2 as I would be quite happy with VS2
4.gif
Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track
2.gif
Unfortunately I don't have the exact specs yet, but from what I'm told, they're all Excellent cut (but I'm not sure according to which lab yet). Just needed a general idea based on the limited info I have so far since I'm not the one choosing by the way ;-)
I am very glad to be of assistance! If you could get more info on these diamonds that would help, are they for sale with an online seller where you might be able to get images, or from a store jeweller?

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Clarity refers to the inclusions within the diamond. The sparkle factor is due to it''s cut.

VS2 and VVS2 will look the same with the naked eye. You will pay less for a VS2 and it will look no different to you than the VVS2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results