• Diamond 1

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Diamond 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AlanDiamond

Rough_Rock
Hello PS gurus,

I have settled on two diamonds and hoping the community can help me decide on which is better:

Diamond 1 (VS1 I-Color):
Light X
Fire X
Scintilliation X
Spread VG
HCA 1.2

Inclusions:
Crystal, Feather, Pinpoint, Natural. Clouds are not shown. Additional pinpoints are not shown.

Crown: 34.5
Pavilion 40.8

D1 - Hearts.JPG D1 - Arrows.JPG D1 - ASET.JPG D1 - IdealScope.JPG D1 - Real Image.JPG D1 - inclusions.jpg

Attachments

• inclusions.jpg
    inclusions.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

AlanDiamond

Rough_Rock
Diamond 2 (VS1 I-Color):
Light X
Fire X
Scintilliation X
Spread VG
HCA 0.9

Inclusions:
Crystal, Feather, Needle, Cloud

Crown: 33.5
Pavilion 40.8

D2 - Heart.jpg D2 - Arrow.jpg D2 - ASET.jpg D2 - Real Image.jpg D2 - Still.jpg

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a real life pic of stone 1 (like you have for stone 2)? I think I prefer stone 1 but it would help to see a real life view.

AlanDiamond

Rough_Rock
Diamond
Do you have a real life pic of stone 1 (like you have for stone 2)? I think I prefer stone 1 but it would help to see a real life view.

Diamond 1 Video:

Last edited:

AlanDiamond

Rough_Rock
How does one tell which diamond has better cut than the other? For Diamond 1, would "Clouds are not shown. Additional pinpoints are not shown." be a concern? Is it that there's too many to show, or that' it's negligible? Would both diamonds be eye clean as they're VS1 clarity?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How does one tell which diamond has better cut than the other? For Diamond 1, would "Clouds are not shown. Additional pinpoints are not shown." be a concern? Is it that there's too many to show, or that' it's negligible? Would both diamonds be eye clean as they're VS1 clarity?
Both will be eye clean at VS1, and you don't have to worry about clouds or pinpoints "not shown". We only worry about that when the stone is SI1 or SI2 and it says "clarity based on clouds not shown", because that might mean the stone has an overall hazy or cloudy look. But that definitely isn't the case here.

In terms of cut, it's just a matter of judging based on the advanced images you got (ASET/IS). I personally prefer the 1st one since it looks cleaner and crisper than the 2nd one in those advanced images.

Sometimes it helps to compare with "ideal" advanced images (like those from WF ACA line or CBI sold by HP diamonds). Here's an example, but you can literally look at any stone from the ACA line. Ignore color and clarity here, because as long as it doesn't have massive inclusions the ASET/IS will be ideal on all ACA stones.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4089370.htm

So that might give some more context for why I prefer stone 1. Because to me the ASET is more similar to "ideal" than the 2nd one.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it just me, or does this diamond look kind of brownish?
I don't see any brown. Mayve you are seeing the black background through the stone when it turns ?

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not seeing brown, instead my eyes are picking up a greyish hue on the vid.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ASET on diamond 1 is marginally better than that of 2.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results