shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choosing a diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wrightj7

Rough_Rock
Any advice on the ones below. Price is about $150 increase over the previous option. I''m thinking the GIA cert. Should I be worried about the H color and all the clarity issues pointed out in the cert. Do I take a chance on the EGL at all, as she''d like the biggest looking diamond possible.
Also, does anyone know what would make a stone "whiter", 18k white gold or palladium. Or are they pretty much the same. Thank you very much all!!

Option 1 -$2,260
Diamond Report EGL - 7700402424
Shape Round
Carat Weight 0.83 ct.
Cut EX
Color F
Clarity VS2
Depth% 60.8
Table% 58
Crown% 14
Pavilion% 43
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Girdle M-S.TK FAC
Culet NONE
Fluorescence N
Measurements 6.06x6.11x3.70

Option 2 GIA Cert.
ROUND BRILLIANT
Measurements: 6.10 - 6.16 x 3.65 mm
Carat Weight: 0.82 carat
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Very Good
PROPORTIONS:

Depth: 59.5%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 32.5°
Crown Height: 13.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted (3.0%)
Culet: None
FINISH:

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS:
Crystal, Feather, Needle, Cloud

Option 3
Diamond Report EGL - 7700262024
Shape Round
Carat Weight 0.91 ct.
Cut EX
Color G
Clarity VS2
Depth% 59
Table% 57
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Girdle M-S.TK FAC
Culet NONE
Fluorescence N
Measurements 6.33x6.35x3.74

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
proportion of 1 looks promising, but EGL is known to be softer in color and clarity grades, so get it independently appraised if you are considering that. 2 looks promising too but cut more for brilliance than fire. not enough info for 3. Would prefer to see an idealscope image before making a final decision.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi wright,

This page explains how the grading labs rank, I would definitely advise making the sale of an EGL graded diamond final on getting an independant appraisal.

Can you get Idealscope images for the first two? With the last diamond the crown and pavilion percentages are needed if you can get them.

I don't think there would be much if any difference between white gold and platinum concerning how white the diamond looks when set, the accuracy of grading could make a difference here.

wrightj7

Rough_Rock
Option 3:

Crown: 13%
Pavillion: 43%

Is palladium really gray"er" looking than 18k white gold? Thanks.

wrightj7

Rough_Rock
Thanks! So, would the EGL Israels basically be a joke? I''d have a 30 day return policy.

wrightj7

Rough_Rock
Or do I buy both/ all 3 and see which one is best?

wrightj7

Rough_Rock
I think I''m going to go with the GIA diamond. Does anyone know if it will be too brilliant and not have enough fire? Thanks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 5:56:11 PM
Author: wrightj7
Thanks! So, would the EGL Israels basically be a joke? I''d have a 30 day return policy.
rotflmao2.gif
YES!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 11:34:31 PM
I think I''m going to go with the GIA diamond. Does anyone know if it will be too brilliant and not have enough fire? Thanks.

I do think that if you had this stone and a more fiery RB in hand you''d notice a difference in performance, but one wouldn''t be a "better performer" than the other - just different. At this point you''re getting into subtleties and personalities which may or may not be your preference
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/5/2010 11:34:31 PM
There is no way to tell without seeing the stone unfortunately. The proportions suggest it will favour white light/ brilliance compared to fire, but no way to tell in reality without seeing it.

wrightj7

Rough_Rock
Thank you all very much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results