shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choose number of stones in custom omc and ruby band

Which configuration of stones do you like?

• #1: four diamonds, four rubies, lots of swirls

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • #2: seven diamond, seven rubies, less swirls

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • #3: somewhere in between, please explain

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I have CADs of my diamond and ruby swirl band. The designer and I are talking about the number of stones the piece should have. I have two mock ups. One uses all 14 stones I have (7 omcs, 7 rubies). The second uses only 8 stones. The benefit of this configuration is that more of the swirl pattern of the band can be seen. I'd like to see what the board thinks. If you have another opinion, please let me know what it is and why.

Thank you!

compare.JPG

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Hi Uppy!

Firstlly, I'd like to say what a gorgeous ring this will be!

I opted for something in between of the 3 choices you had. Reason being though the swirls are lovely, having 8 stones spaced around the ring will diminish the bling factor. At normal viewing distance with your fingers closed and palms down, only 3 stones will be seen which is kind of a waste. However, with the 14 stones, the ring loses the swirls.

I'd go for maximum 12 stones and minimum 10 stones, depending on how the swirls will look.

Hope this helps!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving the swirly design so I picked 1 but I'm thinking if you could do something inbetween where you can see
at least 3 stones across the top of your finger AND the swirls that would be perfect.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
tyty333|1316783830|3023763 said:
I am loving the swirly design so I picked 1 but I'm thinking if you could do something inbetween where you can see
at least 3 stones across the top of your finger AND the swirls that would be perfect.

I agree with this. I wouldnt want to go with too much swirling and then end up where you only see a diamond, or only a ruby at the top. If I had to pick between the two options Id do the second one with more stones and fewer swirls.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love the second ring you showed us. I know there is less swirl but I prefer more stones. Not that its for me of course. :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
smokey99 said:
tyty333|1316783830|3023763 said:

I agree with this. I wouldnt want to go with too much swirling and then end up where you only see a diamond, or only a ruby at the top. If I had to pick between the two options Id do the second one with more stones and fewer swirls.

I agree with both of these posts. I voted for #1 because I like the look of the swirls but I do think more stones should show when the ring is on your finger... Hmm... Is there an option with tighter swirls so that you could add a couple more stones? If not, I would still go with option #1.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results