shape
carat
color
clarity

Help choose! In love with 2 old mine brilliants!

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi there again! You all have been so helpful through this process of finding the right diamond for myself. I started with a regular cushion but through PSers have completely fallen head over heels for the antique cuts. B9AFED80-89E2-4245-8FB1-0697D0FF70ED.png Oh my gosh there is nothing as beautiful. I love love love them in all different colors. I have even seen Q/R’s that take my breath away.
Anyway.... I really adore this stone on LAD but she has 2 that are so similar I just want your all’s thougts between them. I know the obvious differences. But Im just curious what you all think and what you would do!
I definitely lean toward the lower color K, even with her teensy freckle. She may not be a “perfect” diamond but for some reason I get such a wonderful feeling when I look at her. And when I look at the pics / vids on Erica’s finger I’m even more drawn!
I respect all of your opinions so much and would like to know....Which one would you choose???? Thank you!!!!

255C4BA1-3116-4C5D-A941-E1A5AD90E075.png

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d vote the K because it draws you - they’re quite similar but you’ve already found the one that’s caught your eye and makes your heart sing

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d vote the K because it draws you - they’re quite similar but you’ve already found the one that’s caught your eye and makes your heart sing
I agree!

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok thank you!!! I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything obviously wrong with it. It almost seems too good to be true to me!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:loopy:I would also go with the K, choose the one that you love!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes to what everyone above wrote. Choose the one that makes your heart sing:kiss2:...K is for Kick A** Krazy beautiful! Good luck!

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love: Hahaha I loooove that, missy!!! Thanks for the extra push!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one is the K? Can you provide the links (are they on hold)?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would Erica video or take pics of each one together on in stone mounts on her hand?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the top one! Not sure which one is the K....

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes the top one is the K.... but Erica says it's definitely a high K / J. And like missy says K is for Kick A** Krazy beautiful. I just love that! The 2.23 is a little more square which I thought I wanted but the K has a bit better spread and there's just something about it!! I always wanted that incredible flower petal pattern but I'm going to hold off on that for my next one. These are more windmill, right?
The videos are in the links she does such a great job and they both look enormous on her finger or is it just me?
Would you do a bezel? I don't think I want to because I love the outline of the stone. I love a solitaire.

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
tyty333 yes the 2.36 K is on hold for MOI!!!!! It's almost all paid up but I just wanted your votes just to make sure I'm not missing something. You are all the experts so I listen to what you say!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the K. It's cheaper too!!!

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Soxfan, sorry to bug you but is there anything specific about the K that you like better? Does it just appeal more to you or is there anything technical about it that makes it better? Other than the price?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soxfan, sorry to bug you but is there anything specific about the K that you like better? Does it just appeal more to you or is there anything technical about it that makes it better? Other than the price?

It's bigger, has a smaller table and I like the shape more. A K in an old cut is divine. I have a K old cut pear and it's very white.

I have an L OEC and it's also white.

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!! Thank you!!!

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And is that pattern called windmill? It’s not petals right?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No expert here but the K is more attractive to my eyes. Also the price compared to the J?!! :lol-2:

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I saw the K on LAD’s site! It’s so beautiful and what a great price! It makes me sad that these old cuts are getting harder to find and are being recut. They are my absolute favorite and I never knew why until I inherited my mother’s and understood the difference in the facets and unique character. Can’t wait to see how you set it.

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well I'm so excited the K is mine now!! Thank you all for your input!! I really appreciate it.
Now I just have to decide on the setting. I guess that's the fun part?!
I'm thinking solitaire but I shoud probably do a new thread for that/
If any of you have any old mines in solitaire settings I would love to see them!!!
Oh wow scoutfinch I bet your mother's is beautiful. Do you have pics?

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Im so excited for you! You made a great decision here in my opinion!! Your K is just beautiful and I know you will enjoy deciding on a setting for it! Here are my two in my avatar. The OEC was my mother's and the OMC was from my husband. The facet patterns of the old cuts are so very pretty to my eyes. I'm new at posting pictures on here but you could take a look at some of Erica's settings on LAD or Caysie Van Beeber's lovely work. CBV is working on a setting for my OMC. I'm sure you will get alot of good advice from the experts on here. I'll look forward to following your story of your gorgeous K!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some ideas (I'd love tab prongs with that stone)

3-06-carat-old-european-cut-diamond-ring_3_10-3-7451.jpg daa10c3b6cfbfd5686c9a96364cd8b18.jpg VB_persophone_front_view_web_740x.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm so excited the K is mine now!! Thank you all for your input!! I really appreciate it.
Now I just have to decide on the setting. I guess that's the fun part?!
I'm thinking solitaire but I shoud probably do a new thread for that/
If any of you have any old mines in solitaire settings I would love to see them!!!
Oh wow scoutfinch I bet your mother's is beautiful. Do you have pics?
Oh how exciting!! Totally looking forward to seeing how you set it :appl:

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for making this process even more fun and exciting with your encouraging words!! It means so much!!
Scoutfinch... Oh my goodness!!! Your rings are absolutely gorgeous!! Lucky you. I would love to see side views of the OMC if you can figure out how to post the pics!! I love the double prongs. Perfect.
Soxfan gosh darnit where did you find those photos??? Those are exactly what I have in mind, are there any other views of those or can you tell me where you found them???
Thank you foxinsox for kind words!!!
Should I set up a new thread for the setting or keep it here???

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results