shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP - Backs for Studs

gemsandmore

Rough_Rock
Hi all -

I have 2.4 tcw studs currently with screw backs. My earlobes started drooping as did the pronged diamonds so I got 1/2 inch plastic ear stablizers which are worn behind the ear before putting on the screw back. They help the drooping, the diamonds sit up the right way.

NOW, the screws seem to be coming UN-DONE easily. In fact, I came home one day and one of the screw backs was gone! Thank heaven i did not lose the stud....but it was half out of the ear and on its way. What a scare!!

SO, WHAT TO DO?? Can the post be elongated? Or is there another type of back?

Any advice is appreciated. TIA.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Push-backs with longer posts. Mine are longer and have two grooves on them which would help the backs to get caught if they slipped off the first groove.

Or you can opt for La Pousette backs.

Here's a thread which Frankie started (hope you don't mind, Frankie) and which I contributed to - see further down the thread.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/excited-but-also-very-nervous-about-j-colored-studs.166154/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/excited-but-also-very-nervous-about-j-colored-studs.166154/[/URL]

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the La Pousette backs (locking backs). I've had mine for 10 years and never had an issue. Here's a photo...

Best-Locking-Earring-Backs.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screwbacks never worked for me either - they got tangled in my hair and started unscrewing themselves.

I now use plain old pushbacks, the extra large 10mm ones (that are really more like 9mm IRL) - I have one silver, one 14k, and one 18k pair and I use them for all pretty much all my post earrings. The plat was a lot more expensive, I only have one pair of plat earrings and they're tiny so I didn't need them. The more valuable studs are double-notched on the post like Phoenix describes. I take pliers to my backs to tighten every couple of months - dunno if that's the way you're actually supposed to do it, but so far so good! I tried La Pousettes too once, they didn't work for me - maybe I just got a bad pair, but the spring thingies broke after just a few weeks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results