shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Assessing 1.8ct Round Diamond from NYC Diamond District Vendor

daken1010

Rough_Rock
Hi PS! Longtime lurker, first time poster now that I'm finally engagement ring shopping (AHHH!). Thanks for having me!!

I sourced the diamond below from a reputable NYC Diamond District PS vendor (you can probably guess who from the photos provided) and would LOVE it and truly appreciate it if I could get some cherished PS opinions on it. Including all images and the GIA report below (Note that there is a hair at around 8 o'clock on the first 2 images)..

I was searching for a 1.6-1.9ct round diamond with an I color and VS2 clarity or better with a budget of about 12k for a solitaire setting.
Was offered this 1.8ct, I, VS2, Triple Excellent GIA rated stone with what look to be excellent proportions except for maybe the depth%. Without an untrained eye it seems like maybe the symmetry is a little bit off where the arrows meet, but very excited to hear your feedback!

Thank you so much in advance!!!!! Let me know if any other info is helpful!!!

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.JPG

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like an amazing find, if the price is right. ?IDJ

The clefts in the hearts are from a longer LGF% but they are reasonably symmetrical.

daken1010

Rough_Rock
Looks like an amazing find, if the price is right. ?IDJ

The clefts in the hearts are from a longer LGF% but they are reasonably symmetrical.

Yep IDJ. Thanks for the input! Really appreciate it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it a lot!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree w/ the others....looks like a nice find for the right price.

Hearts is off a tad, and so are arrows but still very good overall. Also some manipulation around the girdle that appears to be 3-4 degrees of painting only of the crown. Nothing that is overly worrisome though.

By chance, did IDJ give you a SARIN report also? Agree the increased clefts look to be a result of longer LGF's but the arrows view show them a little fatter than I'd expect. Perhaps just a visual illusion, but arrows look to be close to 78 but I'd guess clefts to be that of an 80-82. Perhaps @Karl_K would be kind enough to provide a graphic since I lack the software myself.

85 LGF's:
1580247361411.png

78 LGF's:
1580247377989.png

03.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yea 81 to 83 or so on the lgf%
Need to be look at to check there are no issues with it being hazy.
Not 3-4 degrees painting its less than that.
Not h&a.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Personally I've stopped commenting on a few degrees of painting because it creates more doubt than benefit to an otherwise great stone.

daken1010

Rough_Rock
yea 81 to 83 or so on the lgf%
Need to be look at to check there are no issues with it being hazy.
Not 3-4 degrees painting its less than that.
Not h&a.

Thanks @Karl_K @sledge and @gm89uk for the help, really great feedback! Here's the OGI that they were able to provide. Perhaps this can shed more light:
SCANOX.JPG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the additional info. Looks like LGF actual values range from 78.6 to 81.4 with the bulk being in the 80ish range.

Also nice to see all your pavilions are staying at 40.6 or above.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results