shape
carat
color
clarity

Help a first timer rate this round lab diamond

whyjellyfish

Rough_Rock
Hi guys!

I'm talking to a jeweler online and I came across this 1.4 ct lab diamond.

https://numined.com/diamond/1.41-carat-d-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-lg451076007/

Carat 1.41CT
HCA score: 1.1
Cut Ideal
Color D
Clarity VS1

PolishEXCELLENT
SymmetryEXCELLENT
Measurements7.21 - 7.25 x 4.42 mm
Table Size58%
Crown Height15% - 35.3°
Pavilion Depth42.5% - 40.6°
Girdle ThicknessMEDIUM (FACETED)
CuletPOINTED
Total Depth61.1%
FluorescenceNONE

Is this a good diamond for its price? I asked for an ASET image but it seems like that's not really a thing for lab diamonds. I also understand that it's certified by IGI which means that the diamond might not be as good as it's graded on paper.

Thank you all!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not loving this one. The cut doesn't look great. What is your desired budget, size, color, etc?

whyjellyfish

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply! When you say that the cut doesn't look great, is that from the video or from the numbers I provided? I'd love to know what I missed!

I'm looking for a round diamond around 3.5-4.5k, 1.3-1.4ct, color d (being a bit of a perfectionist here, but E is fine too), VS2+ clarity. Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate on anything else.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your reply! When you say that the cut doesn't look great, is that from the video or from the numbers I provided? I'd love to know what I missed!

I'm looking for a round diamond around 3.5-4.5k, 1.3-1.4ct, color d (being a bit of a perfectionist here, but E is fine too), VS2+ clarity. Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate on anything else.

From the video. It's just not my favorite overall. I'll take a look.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll need to request the cert from james allen, but going by looks I like this one

And heres a solid choice in a D color

Another nice D color

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Could just be the lighting environment, or me, but I see some warmth? If you told me it was an GHI stone, I'd believe it. They don't have the iciness of the D's in @lovedogs ' links. Nor the brilliance :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results