shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP - 8mm trillion peridots

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for help sourcing/finding stones.

I want them to be eye-clean (no black carbon visible to naked eye).

Anyone know where I can go for this AND how much I can expect each stone to run? Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe creativegem.com? If they do not have the things posted, is worth asking there...

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
bump....

still looking for some input. Having a hard time finding these.

Lawgem, Richard, Dave......anyone?

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
You didn't like the Creative Gem link - they still have that pair of 8mm stones I see.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I tried to order those.....they are out of stock.

Please........anyone else that can help me source these?

Thanks,

Al

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I have one 7mm stone which is very slightly "hazy" face up, but no black spots. Perhaps you can find a mate
love.gif
for it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/10/2003 7:26:46 PM DiamondExpert wrote:

I have one 7mm stone which is very slightly 'hazy' face up, but no black spots. Perhaps you can find a mate
love.gif
for it.
----------------

Ah, Gary, I really appreciate it, but these are going into pieces that have previously had 8mm stones, and I really want to stay with that size.

However, the stones do not have to match.......one is for a ring and the other for a pendant.

Believe me, they don't have to be ultra-, ultra-high quality.....I just want them to be clear (not milky/cloudy) and free from black spots.

Any suggestions where I could look? I can't seem to find any colored gem sources online.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
-----------
I can't seem to find any colored gem sources online. ----------------

This sounds funny, but I am not looking for those 8mm peridot trills, am I! Try multicolor (call them, they rarely post calibrated goods on their www-shop front). And Stuller is only wholesale... right? How about Thaigem? If thsese are misguided, look on the list of suppliers of say, voguegioiello.com.

Hope this helps!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Take a look at...Coast to Coast at - http://www.rarestone.com/index.html

They have a few, buy maybe not just exactly 8mm.

Good luck.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Al, how does this pair from Pala look? They are 8.7mm, Gary sells from these folks as well; or if you have another pscope favorite vendor they also can probably source from Pala as well.

Edit - looks like Hest has the same idea. They have another pair that's 8.09 but haven't uploaded a pic. I don't think this pair is expensive in absolute terms, but Pala is usually not cheap. Quality is usually high.

6122-pala-peridot.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Elmo......I could KISS you! Those are perfect!

How do I go about getting those?

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/12/2003 12:51:10 PM aljdewey wrote:

How do I go about getting those?
----------------

I'm fairly sure that Gary Dutton (posting above as DiamondExpert) and DBOF source from Pala, probably other folks here as well.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
aljdewey,

Those peridot trilliants from pala shold run you anywhere from $90-$100 ct. retail depending on the mark-up a particular vendor would add for brokering the stone.

Total carat weight is 4.81 carats which would put you at:

Low end retail: $425.00

High end retail: $500.00

Very georgeous stones, Let us now who brokers them if you indeed decide to go with this pair, I venture to guess your price should fall somewhere in between these 2 figures....

-Josh Rioux

Sitka, Alaska
read.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Gary: Can you give me an idea what they should run, then? Guess-timate?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

AL, you must be taking the same meds that canadiangrrl was on...because Hest posted that link for those same peridots in the beginning of the thread!!

1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/14/2003 4:22:30 PM Mara wrote:

AL, you must be taking the same meds that canadiangrrl was on...because Hest posted that link for those same peridots in the beginning of the thread!!

1.gif

----------------

Nope....no meds....I saw that.

LOL - YOU must be on those meds if you're missing dimension stats.! When Hest posted (which I really appreciated, she's so nice!), she only referenced 8.77mm stones, which are too large for my 8mm settings.

However, when Elmo posted days later, he noted that there was now a pair listed for 8.09mm, which I could get away with. Hence my response

naughty.gif
naughty.gif

Wow, and all this time YOU'VE been the one saying size matters! LMAO!

11.gif
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhhhhh I was looking at the pictures she posted which were I think of the 8.7mm! They loook the same anyhow. I'm on the meds
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 10/14/2003 4:49:46 PM Mara wrote:

I'm on the meds
2.gif

----------------
Well, DAMN......be nice and share them! They sound powerful! LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results