shape
carat
color
clarity

help..5 stone wedding band????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

consumer1234

Rough_Rock
Hello, I have a .80 ct. princess cut e-ring in an evgraved antique style setting and am looking at weding bands. I really love the look of 5 stone bands, i went to a jewler in Phily on jewlers row and he showed me 5 stones that equal 1.75 ct. together. Do you think this will look to big? I do want somthing substatioal in size. Does anyone have a similar set to look at? He said he would set the stones and then I could decide if I liked the look. He also said I could get it appraised before I buy it. I will, I had problems with the jewler for my E-ring. I am going to David Atlas to apprais it. Any adive on this? Thanks so much!!!!!
25.gif

I should also ask if anyone knows of reputable jewlers on Jewlers Row...not sure if I can mention names????????

my E-ring:

VV1

Color H

consumer1234

Rough_Rock
I forgot to add that it will be a shared prong setting and that my finger is a size 4.

thanks again for any advice on this
35.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My approximate calculations: each stone in your WB is visually half the size of the .8

It helps to know what your e-ring looks like.

lucyh

Rough_Rock
This is similar to what I have except mine is curved to sit flush against my E ring. It is Ajaffe. 1.50 total carat.

WRS001.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think slightly smaller stones would make your e-ring stone look larger. I probably wouldn''t go over five 20 point stones if it were me.

consumer1234

Rough_Rock
I don''t have a picture yet to show...but, the band tapers in tward the stone. I found one on line that looks similar but do not know how to post it.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I think it will really overpower your e-ring, but if you like the look go for it.

consumer1234

Rough_Rock
I looked at a ring with 1.56 ct. and liked it very much...but thought ...that is big...but I am thinking why not??? I really love diamonds!!!!!!!!! only if it will make my E-ring look bad, I won''t go with it...My Fiance picked the E-ring out himself...and would be upset if it really upstaged the E-ring....but he does know that i love diamonds and want a wedding band that is a 5 stone setting, and he was there to see the 1.56 one my finger and thought that it looked great..but this is a bit bigger.......

I know I don''t have a pic yet but... it tapers in toward the stone and is evgraved in an antique style setting.

again thanks for the advice...........

ps.. any advice on a good jewler in Philly would be great..not sure if I can name names yet or not, but I am working with one on jewlers row, and after the time we had with the other one ( rittenhouse)........a recomendation would be soooo helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results