shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: 2 diamonds, can't decide which one to buy

Snowcat

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I found two diamonds on BN, but I can't decide which one is better and deserved to buy. I bought the first one in January, and I found another one with similar cut but larger last weekend. I'm not sure whether I will keep the first one or exchange with the second one. Could you give me some advice? Many thanks in advance!

1. 0.56 ct, I, SI1,
Clarity characteristics: crystal, cloud (I can see the little black crystal if I look at the diamond very closely and the crystal is not on the table)
Price: 1395, 2491 per carat
table: 57%
depth: 61.1%
crown angle: 34.5
pavilion angle: 40.8
crown height: 15%
pavilion depth: 43%
star facet length: 45%
lower girdle facet: 75%
girdle: thin to medium
symmetry: excellent
polish: excellent
Fluorescence: none
HCA = 1.3

2. 0.62 ct, I, SI1,
Clarity characteristics: knot, cloud
Price: 1425, 2298 per carat
table: 57%
depth: 61.3%
crown angle: 34.5
pavilion angle: 40.8
crown height: 15%
pavilion depth: 43%
star facet length: 55%
lower girdle facet: 75%
girdle: medium to slightly thick
symmetry: excellent
polish: excellent
Fluorescence: none
HCA = 1.3

What I'm concerned about the first one is the star facet length (45%), which I think will make the small diamond look smaller.
The second one is 0.06 carat larger with good angles, but the price doesn't increase a lot. What I'm mostly concerned is the knot, which I think might be a big problem for this diamond and make its price lower. Since BN doesn't provide the ideal scope pictures for diamond smaller than 1 ct. I can just choose from their GIA report.

Could you give me some advice on these two diamonds? Keep the first one, exchange with the second one, or discard both?

Many thanks!!

palmersj

Rough_Rock
I'd have bn send the second one to you so you could view them both side by side. The specs are to close imho. Tell them cs is vital and that you'd give them a great review if they'd do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results