shape
carat
color
clarity

Hello, my name is fsu1227...and I''m addicted to SALT.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday I added it all up and..wait for it...I consume 20 X''S the recommended daily intake! I eat really healthy, the salt/sodium comes from pickles, banana peppers, salad dressing, veggie juice and actual table salt.

At what point is this a problem? My attempts at cutting back include not buying pickles(for one week!) and buying low sodium table salt.

Any fellow salt addicts out there?!?

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I put soy sauce on everything, full sodium.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dad used to shake salt onto everything. His blood pressure started rising a few years ago, and my mum had enough and tossed the salt. Shakers, canisters, sea salt, garlic salt, everything.

I remember complaining for a good couple of weeks everything was tasteless and awful, but I guess we just got used to it... I don''t put salt on anything now, and dislike eating most pre-prepared meals or out at restaurants without specifying they don''t add any salt at all - my taste has completely changed, and the tiniest bit goes a long way.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like salt. I don''t know that I eat 20X the recommended daily amount, but I sure do love it.

I love pickles and banana peppers, too! We make our own salad dressing, though.
2.gif

My SIL loves salt and my BIL once bought her these big slabs of salt that you use to cook salmon, I believe. It was really funny.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I like salt too. The problem is, the more you have it, the more you crave it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE salt. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I would bet that it is possible that I eat around 50x the daily recommended amount.

I have extremely low blood pressure. So low that when I get it checked (every two weeks) it''s very often that my doc looks at the numbers and says, "So, I see you''re still asleep today..." And it''s 2pm.

LURVE salt. The more salt, the better. Well, to an extent.

And I even put salt in my (very sweet) desserts. My favorite ice cream is Haagen Daaz''s Fleur de Sel Caramel. Unfortunately it seems as though they have stopped making it. Dooshes.

Salty caramel...mmmmm...

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
This may be from left field, but have you ever had your thyroid levels checked? I was diagnosed with Hashimoto''s Thyroiditis when I was 12, and I dump a ton of salt on EVERYTHING.

My doctors told me parents that it was OK for me to have the extra salt, because people with thyroid disease have low iodine levels. So, the iodized salt helps to supplement. It''s like my body knew that it needed it and gave me mad salt cravings ...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I love salt too.
41.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi...my name is Tyty and I''m a saltaholic.

There, I said it.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love salt too- not to the 20x the daily limit I don''t think, but I really love it..
When we were kids, my mom had a ban on salt in our house so I didn''t grow up eating a lot of salty foods - perhaps I''m making up for it now?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I consume waaaaaayyyy too much salt. Trying to cut back, but it''s hard.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I'll take salty over sweet any day. Not good.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like your "earth element" is out of balance and wreaking havoc on your "water element". Read up on chinese 5 element theory, each one governs many things about our lives and body. When each one is insync there is nothing to notice but when you "crave" or "dislike" or are "uncomfortable" those are indicators that something is amiss. Seriously. If you must eat a lot of salt then make sure it is SEA salt for the nutrients you''ll be getting from it and drink plenty of water so that you are not retaining unnecessarily. Sea salt is good and will help balance the water in the body meanwhile pay attention to other things that are not typical.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 7:08:48 AM
Author: vespergirl
This may be from left field, but have you ever had your thyroid levels checked? I was diagnosed with Hashimoto''s Thyroiditis when I was 12, and I dump a ton of salt on EVERYTHING.

My doctors told me parents that it was OK for me to have the extra salt, because people with thyroid disease have low iodine levels. So, the iodized salt helps to supplement. It''s like my body knew that it needed it and gave me mad salt cravings ...

My good friend has this - her parents used to give her a salt lick...the kind given to guinea pigs and bunnies.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I use no salt from a salt shaker,it must be in the food already.I wasnt allowed to eat salt growing up and many canned items like soup are way to salty(canned soup has one of the highest salt contents of any canned food)I use pepper and other seasonings like nutmeg and cinnimon for flavoring.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 2:18:30 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I LOVE salt. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I would bet that it is possible that I eat around 50x the daily recommended amount.

I have extremely low blood pressure. So low that when I get it checked (every two weeks) it''s very often that my doc looks at the numbers and says, ''So, I see you''re still asleep today...'' And it''s 2pm.

LURVE salt. The more salt, the better. Well, to an extent.

And I even put salt in my (very sweet) desserts. My favorite ice cream is Haagen Daaz''s Fleur de Sel Caramel. Unfortunately it seems as though they have stopped making it. Dooshes.

Salty caramel...mmmmm...
I love carmel topped with a tiny amount of sea salt....mmmmmm!!!

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 7:08:48 AM
Author: vespergirl

Humm..Now that you mention it, I never craved, loved and had dreams about Salt the way I do now a few years back...I used to never put it on anything and I didn''t miss it. I''ll mention my obsession to the Doc next time I am in.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have hypothyroidism.
37.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey fsu-have you ever tried Celtic Sea Salt? I buy it at the health food store. I can''t even describe the taste except that it is a ''softer'' taste. There are no additives as in table salt (like sugar!) so you get
a ''purer'' salt taste with less salt. It has natural minerals and is supposed to not be so hard on your blood pressure. My whole family loves it and we us it exclusively.

We are a family of salt addicts.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Me too. I salt everything, and DH is even worse than me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results