shape
carat
color
clarity

Heirloom OEC update! 3.96cts?!!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, as of this week, I have my heirloom OEC in my grubby little hands, and the results of the appraisal are in!
3.96 carats! (I was guessing around 3.5...)
SI1 clarity
And T/U + color
I've been advised to send it to GIA, as it might qualify and a fancy light yellow...
I'm looking at CVB to build her new home.
In the meantime, please enjoy some crappy iPhone pics now that she's quite literally been set free from the awful setting she was in.

_4872.jpeg

_4873.jpeg

_4874.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowa...almost 4 carats! Close enough to say 4 IMO!!! She has a beautiful color...lovely candle light. What design are you
thinking about for her new home?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, it's gorgeous!!! The table looks impossibly tiny :love: :love: :love: . LOVE the buttery golden color so much. I would love to see what color it comes back from GIA. Yes please share some CVB options you're thinking about....it'll be stunning!!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm leaning towards something like this pear setting w/ YG bezel and scalloped white diamond halo...

_4879.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O.M.G. is all I can say! I am a sucker for lower colored diamonds and I just love this stone! Even more than before now that it's been freed from it's old setting!

I know you didn't ask for opinions on settings, so 100% feel free to ignore me, but I LOVE these choices from CvB and think they would fit your stone really well. I can't wait to see it set!!! So excited for you!

il_570xN.993506411_bon7.jpg il_570xN.783480704_dcgz.jpg il_570xN.842271980_4oj2.jpg il_570xN.783156219_bp3f.jpg

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
Wowza 4 carats! Lucky girl - congrats for having wrenched this stunner from your aunt and her monstrous setting.

Are you going to try to bring out the yellow tone in her new home?

Can't wait for updates!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lovesdogs: I love that first CvB setting you posted! I also love the magnolia, which I'm attaching.

I'm so pleased at the appearance of the stone without the old setting. I love the shade of yellow and am looking forward to playing it up. It also has a nice spread at 10.35-10.55. I thought it would be more wonky, but it was so hard to tell in the old setting!

I know I am really fortunate to inherit such a piece. My grandmother gave it to me with my mother's permission (she was supposed to inherit it first). My gma had gotten it from her SIL (my great aunt) who had inherited it from her great aunt, who was known as "Sweetie Pie". Therefore, I've started calling it the Sweetie Pie diamond (a la the Taylor-Burton diamond!).

_4888.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMCh|1469153877|4058205 said:
Lovesdogs: I love that first CvB setting you posted! I also love the magnolia, which I'm attaching.

I'm so pleased at the appearance of the stone without the old setting. I love the shade of yellow and am looking forward to playing it up. It also has a nice spread at 10.35-10.55. I thought it would be more wonky, but it was so hard to tell in the old setting!

I know I am really fortunate to inherit such a piece. My grandmother gave it to me with my mother's permission (she was supposed to inherit it first). My gma had gotten it from her SIL (my great aunt) who had inherited it from her great aunt, who was known as "Sweetie Pie". Therefore, I've started calling it the Sweetie Pie diamond (a la the Taylor-Burton diamond!).

oooh yes, I also like the magnolia as well! Really you can't go wrong with any of the CvB options--she has a lovely aesthetic that combines sleek/modern with vintage/details. If I had the $$ I'd get one for myself (or more than one!) :clap: I am excited to follow your journey with this stone!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
holy gorg! I would def send to GIA! LOVE CVB. she will do an amazing job!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really looking forward to seeing the final results of this! What a gorgeous stone and inspiration rings, I think it will be divine! :appl: :love:
(what a wonderful gift to be given - and what an awful ring it came from! :saint: :sun: )

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, love the color and what a great size. Like others have said, you can't go wrong with CvB whatever you choose.

I would send it to GIA if it were mine, it may come back as a fancy which would be great!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you hyperventilating?! What a dream stone! I would def. send it to GIA!!! I honestly can't wait to see what you do with it. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How lovely and exciting!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooh wish it were mine... I like the setting Wink did for an OEC diamond.

wink-custom-engagement-ring-video__1_.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DEFINITELY send it to GIA- it will be worth every penny!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Leukolenos- no hyperventilating yet, but I think it's bc I'm still in SHOCK!
I've been begging for this beauty for years...dreaming of how I'd rescue her...trying her on every chance I got. I think I finally wore my mom and gma down! They said they realized I would wear it, and that my dad and wouldn never cough up $ for a reset. I thought I'd be drawing social security well before she'd ever be mine, though! I just turned 31, so they made this my present. I took my gma with me to the appraisal, and she was stunned by the results. No one in my fam knows anything about diamonds, so I don't think they realized what they had.

I spoke with DH, who is 3 states away currently, and he agrees we should do the GIA cert for sure!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1469202262|4058339 said:
ooh wish it were mine... I like the setting Wink did for an OEC diamond.

wink-custom-engagement-ring-video__1_.jpg

OMG!! I love LOVE this!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely heirloom!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LadyMCh|1469205947|4058359 said:
Leukolenos- no hyperventilating yet, but I think it's bc I'm still in SHOCK!
I've been begging for this beauty for years...dreaming of how I'd rescue her...trying her on every chance I got. I think I finally wore my mom and gma down! They said they realized I would wear it, and that my dad and wouldn never cough up $ for a reset. I thought I'd be drawing social security well before she'd ever be mine, though! I just turned 31, so they made this my present. I took my gma with me to the appraisal, and she was stunned by the results. No one in my fam knows anything about diamonds, so I don't think they realized what they had.

I spoke with DH, who is 3 states away currently, and he agrees we should do the GIA cert for sure!

Don't worry, I'm basically hyperventilating for you over here! That would totally be my grail stone- and I am sooooo pumped that you have it and that we get to live vicariously through you! I can't wait to see what GIA has to say.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seriously....drop...dead...gorgeous!!! Can someone tell me how you go about sending such an heirloom to GIA??? :o I don't mean to threadjack, but would it best to first insure it (like jeweler's mutual...can you insure just a diamond??) or is it best to have your jeweler help you send it to GIA? When I bought a gemstone and returned it, I insured it with Fed X, but with this being a 3.96 ct diamond how does one send to GIA? What to do, what to do!??

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hmm. I can't answer what's right or best, but I can share my plan. I checked to make sure our policy would cover just a stone, then got it appraised out of the old setting. We're adding it to our policy then shipping it insured to our jeweler who has offered to send it to GIA for grading while she makes the mounting. My appraiser stated she would update the appraisal based on GIA findings.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THIS STONE IS INCREDIBLE! What an amazing heirloom. So happy for you and can't wait to see how you decide to set it!! :love:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, lucky girl! Love the huge size and tiny table. Love all the posted settings. I assume this is a rr ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! I can't wait to see it set!!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZERS! :shock: :love: What a lovely inheritance! Can't wait to see CvB work her magic on this beauty! :appl:

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Deposit is in, and collab w/ CvB has begun! So far, planning for a YG bezel, and scalloped/milgrain halo of about 20 OECs set in platinum! Squeeeeeee! Shipping to CvB this week, and she will ship to GIA after getting the specs she needs. I'm preparing myself to be patient for the long journey ahead...deep breaths!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARGH!!! I cannot WAIT to see it set!!!!!!! :dance: :loopy: :love:

Really, really excited about this project 8) !!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the color of your stone. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results