shape
carat
color
clarity

Heeeeelp! Who / where is 'Sako'?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw someone recommend this jeweler on a previous thread, but now can't find the link. I believe his real name is something else, but his instagram name is Sako. I can't find him searching 'Sako' on Insta. Does anyone have any idea who he is, or how to find his instagram account? He does beautiful vintage-looking pieces, not unlike CvB,

Thanks all!

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! I’m having a ring made by him as we speak! I’m super excited and can’t wait to get my ring. He seems like a fun guy. I heard about him from someone else on here.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great info, @LittleRed! Can I ask how his quote stacked up?

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Certainly.... I don’t have much experience with having rings/settings made, but I have in the past gotten a quote from DK, a quote from VC, have seen CvB prices, etc. I was not put off by his quote. I found it quite reasonable.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Probably worth noting..... The ring I’m having made is his design from his newly launched line, so it’s not a custom design on my part.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Interesting work. But what’s up with his Fidel Castro obsession?

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I got quotes from Sako and DK for the same design on some earrings. Sako was only slightly more ($250 more) mainly because he charges a CAD fee.

That’s helpful information. Did you move forward with your design with either of them?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for that info, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE - that's really helpful.

And ditto LittleRed's question - did you have your design made?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@LittleRed I was anxious to set some pink/purple spinels set, but fell hard for a pair of studs DK made recently... so I'm hunting for blue zircons for those. Spinels are back on hold:roll2:

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LittleRed I was anxious to set some pink/purple spinels set, but fell hard for a pair of studs DK made recently... so I'm hunting for blue zircons for those. Spinels are back on hold:roll2:

:lol-2: I know how that goes! I was going to set my sapphire but I fell for Sako’s new ring as soon as I saw it. I think it was you who called my attention to him in the first place. Thanks!!! :kiss2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's the bench for a number of well known PS vendors he has done the CADS and made a number of well known rings on here, he has a public price and a trade only price.... Lovely guy too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results