shape
carat
color
clarity

HeartStar Diamonds any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SeekingInput

Rough_Rock
After reviewing pricing information and speaking with a few other jewelers in the area and the responses here...very helpful thank you, I have begun looking again with a new B&M store to see what ese is available.

This particular B&M store deals with HeartStar Diamonds...They appear to be similar to a Hearts on Fire Diamond, but without the enormous price tag. I was checking some of the diamonds they had in inventory and the looked very well cut. (This was just a visual inspection they didn''t have a particular diamond ct, clarity or color that I was looking for, so I didn''t look into a bunch of detail.) The prices seemed reasonable for what they are. At least to this point.

I got an e-mail from the dealer today that they will have a G/VS1 Heartstar in the store tomorrow in the ct. range I was looking for, I will have more details on the diamond itself tomorrow after the visit, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with HeartStar diamonds.

I looked out on the website, (www.heartstardiamonds.com) and saw that the stores that carry them are fairly well spread out, so I was looking for anyone with experience to comment before I go into the store.

Thanks for any help!

SeekingInput

Rough_Rock
I posted this last night late and wanted to move it back to the top. Hoping to get more information Today about the diamond itself and I will update then, but I was hoping to get any input on HeartStar Diamonds that anyone might have before I go to the store.

Thanks in advance for the help, this forum has been great help in looking for an Engagement Ring thus far :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like they are just another branded h&a cut from the website.
Get the angles off the report, ask them to see the hearts and report back with how the hearts look the angles and the price.

Here is an page on h&a
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/hna.asp

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whats funny is their diagram on the website is wrong as to what angles Tolkowsky came up with.
They say 34/41 and it is 34.5/40.75
The 34/41 combo cut right however can be a great combo.

SeekingInput

Rough_Rock
Well got some information from the jeweler now that the diamond is in the store. Haven''t actually seen it, will this afternoon.
Any input is apreciated on this.
Branded HeartStar Diamond (H&A)
AGS Certified 9/26/2007 Any concern about the date being older? Just curious all the ones I had previously looked at had been graded this year.
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.41 - 6.48 X 4.01mm
Cut: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 1.5 (G)
Clarity Grade: AGS 3 (VS1)
Ct Weight: 1.017
Comments: Negligeble Flourescense/Laser Inscribed Cert Number

The Measurements are a little hard to make out on my fax''d copy so I called to confirm:
Table: 54.6%
Crown Angle: 34.0%
Paivilion Angle: 41.0%
Depth Percentage: 62.1%
Culet: Pointed

On this faxed copy, I can''t make out exactly where all the flaw mapings are, but it lists in the key: Crystal, Needle, Cavity, Indented Natural. Not sure if there is anything to worry about there.

Thanks for any help you all can give, Anything I should be looking for? I know they have the H&A Viewers at the store, I don''t believe they have any other light performance imaging tools ASET or Ideal-Scope. That worries me a bit, but what can I do about that?

I haven''t actually been quoted a price yet, they were still putting the item in there inventory, the SA said that it will most likely be under 8.5K.

Thanks for the input and Help

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers look good to me.

Price looks good if it comes out to be a H&A stone with good light returns.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I noticed that the information on the website states that the Starscope measures light leakage. That is not correct. It shows the precision of the H&A pattern. To assess light leakage, you would need an IS or and ASET. You could purchase either online. I bought a HOF diamond and brought my own IS with me. We looked at the diamond under the microscope to compare the inclusions to the AGS grading report; used the H&A viewer; I used the IS; we took it under a variety of lighting sources; louped it and compared it to other HOF of different colors and clarity. I also ran it through the HCA. Did I mention that I'm a very picky consumer
2.gif
I owned a WF ACA that I used for additional comparison. I haven't heard of this brand and I would put this stone through its paces and be sure it's what they claim it to be.

SeekingInput

Rough_Rock
Having no way to really get a light performance image bothers me a bit...How much doen an Idealscope run. Not sure that I want to purchase a tool that I will opnly use one time. I am also a very picky consumer so lacking that information bothers me. I''m also concerned about this cavity... I wish the faxed report was clearer so I could make out exactly where the issue was. Or is this something I shouldn''t even be considering as it''s an AGS rated VS1?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agreed. At least an ASET.

SeekingInput

Rough_Rock
Well just got back from the store, it''s a beautiful diamond. That cavity on the report, apparently it''s right on the girdle according to the cert and the gentleman at the store. Said it is so small that it really wouldn''t be anything to worry about. It is nearly opposite on the girdle of a natural on the other side. With the diamond being graded a VS1 I would tend to believe the gentleman at the store that it really isn''t a major concern.

Don''t have anything to really look at light performance, wish they did have something or I had something to be able to judge it. I didn''t make any decisions. The cavity thing kind of bothers me, asked them to look in the same range to see if there is another diamond they can bring in.

Price they shot me was $8400/including the setting. Much better than the last diamond I was looking at.

Should I be concerned at all about the cavity?

Also the hearts and arrows pattern was crisp and clean when looked through the viewer, at first I was not at alll impressed, but when we lifted the viewer the diamond was a little off kilter...straightened out and it looked good.

Is the ASET or IdealScope really necessary, I know 2 people have already said get one, which would be better the IdealScope or the ASET set-up from the before mentioned site. (wish I knew someone to borrow one from)
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Cavity and Indented Natural need looking at.
AGS is pretty strict when it comes to clarity and durability issues but it always pays to have your pro double check.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2009 6:14:26 PM
Author: strmrdr
The Cavity and Indented Natural need looking at.
AGS is pretty strict when it comes to clarity and durability issues but it always pays to have your pro double check.
Ditto.

Also ASET is a better all rounder as it can show both leakage and light return, and can also be used effectively for fancy shapes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results