shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts on Fire or Tiffany

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pc_tom

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am about to buy a diamond ring for my girlfriend.

Here are 2 diamond rings that I have in mind.

1) Tiffanyy diamond G color, VS2, 0.53 Carat Price : $43xx including Platinum band

2) Christian Bernerd D color, SI1, 0.59 carat, Hearts-on-Fire cut, AGS 000 (ideal cut , ideal proportion , ideal symmetry) , diamond only, Price $46xx
(the diamond is from Canada)

Does anyone have any idea which one is better, or do I need to shop around some other places ? Does any one know where the diamond in 1) is from ?

Thank you very much
appl.gif

chas

Rough_Rock
Hi pc_tom,

You might want to checkout Superbcert and Whiteflash and see what you may be able to come up with. They both have and excellent product and quite possibly a better deal for the money.

Good Luck To You,
1.gif

Chas

hakalugi

Rough_Rock
I can't speak to the origin of the 1st stone, but what caught my eye is the 'mismatch' of the D color and SI1 clarity.

Even tho a true SI1 is eye clean, you'd get a better bargain not paring a D color diamond. If you are color crazy- go for it, just know that you can get a better deal (apples to apples, meaning if you stay w/ HOF, or stay w/ Tiff) by thinking G/H/I and VS2/SI1 - especially if you find one w/ the inclusions away from the table.

there has been lotsa talk about branded vs. unbranded, so do a search on that. also, visit the cut section on this site (have you purchased your ideal scope yet?)

spending close to $5k.... I'd buy a sub $40 tool first.

good luck

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
pc-tom
If you want to buy, and pay for, the Tiffany ring, go for it. She will love you because you cared enough to go to Tiffanys for her ring. If you looking for a beautiful diamond w/o the Tiffany name, get the HOF. But you have a third and more sensible choice.
Go to: https://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp which is right here on pricescope and put in .62-.80, D-E, VS1-VS2, AGS only and hit go. You will see seven choices that are all just as or more beautiful than the HOF and they are all larger and less expensive. Of course, none of them have the Tiffany name attached but you will still have money left for that ring that you want and I dare say she will love how beautiful her larger diamond is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results