shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts & Arrows please explain????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rachel

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I have just been reading more on the site and checking out some of the retail sites. And have come across the Hearts & Arrows cut. Is this an actual style of cut??
Please explain to me. This obviously hasn't hit the UK yet??Thanks
smile.gif
Rachel

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Leonid said "Ideal-scope shows you whether a diamond is leaking light. You still can see the Hearts though. You can use it for any diamond, not only super symmetrical."
Correction - You can still see the arrows.
Someone has mentioned that removing a pice of the pink on the idealscope turns it into a H&A viewer. This is feasible.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Good morning Rachel.Hearts and Arrows (H&A) pattern can be observed using H&A scope on round brilliant diamonds cut within specific proportions and with superior symmetry. Combined with ideal (close to Tolkowski) proportions, H&A diamonds are usually very beautiful (and romantic).Check out this page: www.pricescope.com/tutor_hna.asp Take a look at www.gemology.ru/cut/english/collection.htm where you can simulate H&A pattern and see how it depends upon proportions.

rachel

Rough_Rock
Good morning to you too Leonid,Thanks for clearing all that up for me. It is very interesting. I have seen some items for sale from links to your site can you buy and would you reccomend (obviously just a personnal comment) buying the H&A scope and the ideal scope.
Iam just checking the link you sent me
smile.gif

Thanks so much Leonid you really are helpful.Rachel
smile.gif

rachel

Rough_Rock
WOW Iam a cut rock already in 24 hours. Iam impressed
smile.gif
Thanks Leonid
biggrin.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by rachel:
I have seen some items for sale from links to your site can you buy and would you reccomend (obviously just a personnal comment) buying the H&A scope and the ideal scope.
H&A scope and Ideal-Scope have different purposes. H&A scope shows the symmetry and H&A pattern from both pavilion and table sides. Some vendors like Whiteflash.com give you H&A scope with your purchase. Or you can pay extra for it ($40-$60).Ideal-scope shows you whether a diamond is leaking light. You still can see the Hearts though. You can use it for any diamond, not only super symmetrical.

rachel

Rough_Rock
Cheers!
biggrin.gif
Rachel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results