shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts & Arrow Cushion Cut Engagement Ring

mb101

Rough_Rock
Just got my finished Hearts & Arrows Cushion Cut engagement ring finalized for my girlfriend.

Stone - 2ct H&A Cushion Cut G VVS2
Setting - 1ct diamond setting by Gabriel & Co

img_1866_0.jpg

img_1859_1.jpg

img_1861_0.jpg

img_1850_1.jpg

Thanks.

bugbear

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty ring!

Q

Queenie60

Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I am sure she will love it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful - she will be thrilled I'm sure!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Come back and post hand shots after you propose!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :appl: Well done! :clap:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Congratulations.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just simply beautiful :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi mb101 :wavey:

I'm going out on a limb a little here, so feel free to take my comments with a pinch of salt.

I think your center stone is lovely, but I think the setting lets it down. The prong work is *very* heavy and not balanced and those prongs aren't sitting evenly either. They're far bigger than they need to be and occlude far too much of your gorgeous center stone.

Also, has your girlfriend shown a preference for channel set stones? They tend to be a very specific taste, so it might be wise to check if you haven't already.

To be honest, were that my ring, I'd be taking it back to whoever set the stone and telling them to fix those prongs and shave them down considerably. Claw prongs should come to a point at the tip, whereas those are very rounded and lumpy. If your jeweler can't fix them, I'd take your ring to someone who could do a far better job of them. IDJewelry in NY is someone who would fix them for you and their bench does lovely prong work. Ditto David Klass in LA. Either way, I think your gorgeous center stone deserves a lot more love than those prongs are giving it.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer on this - just thought a different opinion might be of use. Have a look around PS in the Show Me The Bling page to see how beautiful claw prongs can look - I think you'll see the difference immediately.

Good luck!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is really beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results