shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrow Follow Up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dieterbaylor

Rough_Rock
I got a sarin report on a stone I really really want:

Sarin Report:

Shape and Cut
Measurements 6.53-6.58 x 3.98mm
Weight 1.02 Carats

Proportions
Depth 60.7%
Table 56%
Crown Angle 34.3 degrees
Pavilion Angle 40.6 degrees
Girdle Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet Small - 0.9%

Finish
Polish Good
Symmetry Excellent (GIA cert says Very Good....Should I worry?)

Clarity Grade VVS2

Color Grade D
Fluorescence None

Cut Grade 0 (I have no idea what this means) (0 out of what?)

Price was under 9K How did I do? Thanx in advance

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice HCA Score....0.6 TIC EX

One question....I don't recall your history but is there a specific reason you are going for D VVS? I'm sure you know you are paying alot for the markup associated with the colorless, VVS stone. If you dropped that down to E or F VS you'd save about $2-3k depending on the price you are getting this one for (assuming around almost $9k).

If you are set on the D VVS, this stone looks like it could be very nice from the numbers, and the price is very good for a D VVS well-cut stone as well!

Do you have any scope images or similar to show light return? Have you seen the stone?
1.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
A very nice diamond and at very good price for the color and clarity. It is a keeper if that is what you are looking for. However, like Mara stated, you can save yoruself so serious money if you are willing to go down in either color or clarity, or both.

The Sarin report is using AGS terminology so the cut grade of "0" is from the AGS cut grade scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is best and 10 the lowest grade. So the cut grade of "0" indicates it is an ideal cut diamond. With regards to the symmetry of "Excellent" versus what the GIA diamond report indicates (very good) is not a concern. AGS rating of "excellent" is equivalent to GIA rating of "very good" - GIA rating of "excellent" equates to AGS rating of "ideal"

rodent.gif

dieterbaylor

Rough_Rock
D VVS2 was the only available for this particular HA diamond. Looked at whiteflash and other places and HA diamond with D VVS2 was alot more expensive than this one. I picked it up yesterday. Looked through a HA scope and looks awsome. Took 3, yes 3 hours but talked him down to 8700 for it. I think it was worth my time. Now getting it mounted on platinum band with 1/3 ct princess diamonds on each side of center stone. Can't wait.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats DB!!! Post pictures please.

knowverylittle

Rough_Rock
Nice specs. Where did you buy it from?

dieterbaylor

Rough_Rock
In houston at diamond exchange of houston. Will post pic as soon as it gets mounted

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your purchase - a lovely choice.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results