shape
carat
color
clarity

heart rate monitor suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone work out with a heart rate monitor (wrist style)? My "power yoga" class recommends one and I see so many different kinds and prices. I want to get a good one but I also still need to be able to afford to take the class! Any recommendations?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be wrong, but I think Mara might have had one....She might chime in with suggestions!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
I have a Polar F4 that I bought from Amazon and I'm very happy with it. However, if everyone in your class is going to be wearing an HRM, it might be worthwhile to invest in the F6, so that you don't have crosstalk problems. I haven't had any issues with my F4, but I'm not often in situations where others are wearing an HRM nearby.

I find mine to be a great motivator, since I can see when I'm slacking off a little during my workout and need to step it up again.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Shortblonde! That''s one of the issues I was worried about... the interference. My instructor wears one as do a few other people in the class, and I want to make sure I''m actually looking at MY heart rate, not someone else''s! How would you know, really? just weird. This one has a strap, right? Do you wear it, or can you just put the monitor in your bra? I don''t like the idea of having a chest strap on... seems like it might be annoying, plus I have a large chest and want to make sure it will fit, but I could avoid that if I could just tuck it into my sports bra.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
yes, it has a chest strap. i have never tried to just put it in my sports bra. i wear the strap right below my sports bra and have never really noticed it or found it uncomfortable. it has a couple sensors that need to be in contact with your skin to work properly, so you would need to be careful that it was placed properly if you aren''t using the strap. the sensor itself is fairly wide, so i actually think it might be more uncomfortable or slide around without the strap.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

cara

Ideal_Rock
I found a women''s size Timex HRM at Target for a reasonable price - though its not a common item for them to carry. I realy like it over many of the Polars which are just so clunky and big!! I''m a big girl but for some reason the huge watches really bug me. This one is acceptable in size for wearing in general. So far I''ve been happy with and don''t get too much interference at the gym, but its not the best one out there about giving you a good reading before you are sweaty. All the HRM work better once you get a bit of moisture on your skin, but I notice it a bit more with the Timex.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I ordered a Timex from Amazon and got it last night. It''s great. The strap and watch both fit fine and it says it has a "dedicated signal" so it won''t pick up someone else''s in class. Plus when I set everything, including weight, it told me I burned 750 calories during my 40 minute power yoga workout. That''s the DVD. Class is 90 minutes! Can''t wait to see that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results