shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart of Water / Finewater sapphire ring pix!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! The sapphire I bought from Gary Braun (Finewater Gems) has been set by Sally in her Nur setting. I asked her to use her highest carat yellow gold and she used 20/21 k :twirl: For those who wonder, the sapphire is .93 carat round, VVS clarity, royal blue Sri Lankan sapphire (heated but no other treatment). Here are the photos she shot. I cannot wait to get it in the mail. I will update this thread with real life hand shots once I have the ring in my hands :appl: So thrilled!

sa1.jpg

sa2.jpg

sa3.jpg

sa4.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW look at the yellow on that high carat gold! That's gorgeous!

Sally's work is just wonderful isn't it? The twisted shank is to die for.

Let's hope it gets to you quickly!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, that is absolutely GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see hand pics. Take them the MINUTE you open the box, ok????

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
WOW... That is one STUNNING ring!! The high carat yellow gold really makes the bright blue of the sapphire pop!! :appl:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I blummin' LOVE that! The colour combination is to die for! Congratulations! :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think this is my fav. Heart of Water setting! I also think it's cute that both vendors refer to the water of gems.

Was it difficult logistically to send the stone to Sally in Thailand and have it returned? Are their customs fees on both sides?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your blue sapphire and the yellow gold of the ring look Amazing together!!! The colors ase So Rich!!! Cant wait to see hand shots!!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's beautiullll!!
I've been thinking of putting a blue sapphire in my original yg ering setting. Your ring shows just how perfect the conmbination can be.
Congratulations. Enjoy it and wear it in good health!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning in the high kt gold :love:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Stunning...hand shots!!!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone :) I will upload handshots the moment I get it. Pregcurious, it was super easy to ship to Thailand. Sally sent me a looooong list of very detailed instructions. I was shooting bullets when I went to the post office as I was freaked out by the idea of mailing a sappphire in a bubble mailer! But I followed her instructions to a tee and sent it off. She immediately sent me an etsy message upon receiving the package (it took 7 days). I did not have to pay custom fees and it was not very pricey (about 30 bucks). The next time I have to send something to her I will be much less nervous :D

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the combination of the high carat yellow gold and the blue sapphire :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, and beautiful setting! What is the diameter of the stone?

GoldieATX

Rough_Rock
The gold is so, well, gold. Really makes the blue stone look fantastic.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys :) crasru, it is 5.9 mm.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh beautiful ring! I never would have thought to put that sapphire in that setting but I'm loving it! Saving to my inspiration folder now! I'm sorry if you already mentioened it but what gold is that? 14k, 18k or 22k..it looks really high!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
the gold against that royal blue is stunning. good choice.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! I think I've missed previously, but who is the setting vendor? I got the Sally part but..... ?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely!

Was the head handmade as well or is it manufactured?

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lady Disdain, I believe it is handmade.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1313595845|2992617 said:
Lovely!

Was the head handmade as well or is it manufactured?

I'm pretty sure Sally (or her benchpeople) handmake all the settings just like Daniel M.

I forgot how popular Sally used to be on here before JKT and Daniel M came into the picture. It seems no one really uses her anymore, though i will say it is a pain in the rear to ship stuff to her in Thailand.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simple and lovely, just a touch of flair! Very nice! :appl:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
The stone and the ring are each individually beautiful and together they are gorgeous!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the links!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
OMG my ring came in the mail today and it's perfection! The sapphire sparkles so much and is such a rich color I could drown in it :love: I am thrilled to bits!!!

To those who care: the roses in the picture are Mr Lincoln (red) and Clotilde Soupert (pink) - I'm a rosarian 8)

blue5.jpg

blue3.jpg

blue4.jpg

blue1.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Those pictures show the beauty of the ring even more clearly than the vendor pics! :love:

I hope you don't mind, but i have asked sally for a quote to set my 5.8mm Mahenge spinel in a Nur. I was looking at simple settings, but getting distracted by twist bands, so maybe it would be clever to combine the two...! :wink2:

Spinel%20in%20sun.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I love the gold/sapphire combo! and the twist band is fantastic!

I looove HoW, and Sally is just the sweetest person. I have slowly been expanding my collection from her, just received lotus studs not too long ago :love: For entirely handmade pieces they are extremely well done imo :halo:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your photo just proves that Gary has an excellent eye for color! His sapphires are really beautiful. The ring looks awesome on your hand. Does the stone hold its color well?

The spinel is bright and beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results