shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Recipes

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
JaysonsMom and I thought it might be a good idea if we could all swap some healthy recipes. I recently lost 31 lbs and I have 1.8 left to go until my goal weight is reached. I have taken on a "habit" of taking pictures of all the healthy meals I prepare for myself and SO and sometimes my parents too.

Here is a sample:

Instead of "taco night"...I made my family dinner and we had "sandwich night"...this recipe was taken from WW Sizzle It. In the book the serving size is 2 but I only had one serving so it ended up being 4 points. This is just some of the ingredients used in the sandwhich. For the chicken, it was marinated for two hours with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, some salt, some pepper, 2 tablespoons mint, 1 tablespoon thyme leaves. Then for the "dressing" there was 1 cup fat free greek yogurt for the whole recipe (3 points), 1 crushed garlic clove, and kirby cucumbers.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
PS is going to make me go psycho since it isn't allowing me to upload the picture. Strange because I uploaded it in a different thread with no issue.

Here is a link:

**Link removed by moderator. In order to comply with forum policies and prevent broken links please upload photos directly to forums**

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Great seeing other WW members :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cooking Light has some great recipes. I found it pretty easy to make lighter versions of many of my regular recipes as well. I use lean meat, low fat cheese and obviously weigh out my portions.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Great idea for a thread!

AutumnNovember - if you already uploaded a picture in another thread, then you need to change the name of the picture on your computer before you can upload it to PS again. One of the rules of uploading is that the picture has to have a unique name.

Here''s my recipe. It''s really tasty and filling, and you''ll usually have many of the ingredients lying around, and it is so quick and simple! I have no pictures, sorry!

Fry one small onion
Add 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Add a thumb-sized knob of fresh ginger, also finely chopped
Add one chopped chili pepper
Season with salt and pepper
Turn the heat way down to minumum
Mix in one tablespoon of greek yogurt
Add the juice of half a lime

Add 2 white fish fillets and cover with the mixture

Fry until the fish is cooked.
Sprinkle with fresh coriander. (Can also top with sliced almonds if desired.)

Serve!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
check out the healthy lifestyles forum, there''s a sticky thread of healthy recipes about 7 pages long. i''d link but am on my phone.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not much of a recipe cook but you really don''t need one for this.
On these hot days I make a salad with every vegetable I can think of or have on hand in it onion, celery, carrot, radish, bell pepper,zucchini,cauliflower florets, mushrooms, tomatoes. For greens I use romaine chopped fairly fine so it doesn''t taste bitter. For a complete meal add protein: eggs chicken or turkey shrimp etc.
This is so flavorful that You really don''t need much of whatever dressing you like. It tastes good and makes you feel good.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Cilantro Turkey Burgers

lean ground turkey meat
good handful of cilantro leaves chopped
about half an onion chopped well
a couple shakes of cumin
1/4 c. or so of soy sauce
salt
pepper

mush it alllll together in a bowl, make patties and cook!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice! Here is the picture:

chickenpic.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
One that I''m enjoying right now b/c it is light, crisp, and full of water

My Favorite Blueberry Craisin Salad

you can either use 1 head of romaine or a good portion of a bagged salad mix
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup feta cheese

Toss thoroughly
Add either balsamic vinaigrette or wishbone puts out a light raspberry vinaigrette that is delicious.

Another good recipe:
Grilled Shrimp Kebabs

I get 1 lb pre boiled peeled shrimp to make my life easier
Cajun Seasoning
Lemon juice

Skewer the shrimp on kebabs and sprinkle with lemon juice. Thoroughly cover both sides with the cajun seasoning. Cook on an open grill for 5-10 minutes. Serve.

This one is super easy and fast

The two recipes go well together.

OR I like a whole baked potato with the shrimp. Bake it on the grill, add a tad of sour cream and some cheese and voila!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Guys,

When I was trying to lose weight, I made a lot of lettuce wraps (because I liked a higher protein to veggie balance). I''m not great with writing down recipes, I''m usually one that cooks from my head, but here goes.

Cut 2 chicken breasts into small cubes,
Marinade for 20 minutes in (1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 clove minced garlic, dash of rice wine or mirin, and a sprinkling of sugar)
right before sauteeing, add one TBSP of cornstarch to the marinated chicken cubes (this thickens sauce, and prevents over-drying of chicken)

Add 1 tsp of sesame oil or peanut oil to pan (these are 2 very flavorful oils, a little goes a long way, and gives the dish asian flavor)
Saute chicken on high heat until cooked through, about 4 minutes.

Wash lettuce leaves, dry, and set aside.
Serve with: shredded carrots, bean sprouts, chopped scallions even diced cucumbers, or any favorrite raw veggies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results