Attachments

• 94D9C721-2F87-40B7-AB80-11F0E5D87D1D.jpeg
    94D9C721-2F87-40B7-AB80-11F0E5D87D1D.jpeg
    345.9 KB · Views: 3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, why should I have all the fun with wind and snow? :lol: I went to the store early this morning and walked around any and all puddles of water in case ice was lurking under the water.

I started skein four of four last night and knit six rows before my thumb called me nasty names. And yes, I sure work a lot for a retired person. The 75 minutes I put in this morning shot me over 40 hours this week. I could do more work today but why?

I did see some of the black glasses show up on instagram. Sweet. That's too funny you were playing wordle in the middle of the night and ended up on the phone sister #2 and a friend. I do hate those nights when I wake up and can't go back to sleep. They are more frequent than I'd like. Glad you got back to sleep. Speaking of sleep, I'm just thrilled (NOT) we are switching to DST tomorrow. I saw a Maxine comic this morning that say "Remember it's spring forward, fall back and why the heck are we still doing this?" Make up your freaking mind and leave it one way or the other.

I hope those alexandrite glasses arrive safely. I broke another one of my crystal glasses. Phooey. An ice cube hit the rim flying out of the ice dispenser and knocked a chunk of glass out.

Not much going on here today. I was up before 6 today and Marty had been up for a while. He is helping someone move today. I think this guy is always getting Marty to do things and he NEVER shows up when Marty needs help. I pointed that out to Marty but he still went to help him move. This guy every year waits until there is snow on the ground and asks Marty to blow out his sprinklers. And it's not just at one place but at two rentals he has as well. Some people. He used to come lift at our house when Marty had all his stuff in the basement and he would just plug his electric car in to a plug on our porch while he was here. Never asked once if he could use our electricity. Oh well, rant over.

All of my wrist claims are processed by insurance now. One ER and two doctor bills are still unprocessed by medicare. Even if they don't cover the remaining balance, it's at least under a $1000. Expense day at the jewelry store and nothing pretty to show for it.

This is day three of not doing the wristercises. I still have the full range of motion but my wrist is more sore. Then again, I am just doing every day things with it. The five pound bag of potatoes I carried in the house got it's attention by the time I got it in the kitchen.

Off to look at the sun. It's got quite a few spots and some nice prominences on the limb. I think I can get our solar scope on the deck now. If not, I'll open the shade and look from inside. Ha!

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice snow picture, Dee Jay!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, all that snow melted off the driveway and roads almost immediately... and then we got several more inches last night. WTF. It's mid-March! It sounds like that guy takes advantage of Marty. Nice people often get that and it sucks. Someone in Scottsdale bought all eight black goblets, eight tumblers, the pitcher and the butter dish last night! It's a large and heavy order and it's will take me a while to pack, likely going into two big boxes for safety. I'm a bit worried about Etsy payments now though due to the Silicon Bank debacle as that's who Etsy was banking with. Apparently some people who had payments due on Friday received messages that their payments are delayed. I usually get notification on Monday afternoon that my payment for the week is "on the way" and then it shows up in my account by Tuesday morning. I don't know what will happen this week, even though a new entity took over the banking as of Friday, but there seems to be some limbo status due to payments processed up until that point. I sold those four good glasses for $449 on Thursday so I don't know how that's going to play out. This is such a mess. Fortunately for me I don't need the money, but I know a lot of people due and it's going to affect them a lot. I really hope this gets cleared up quickly for them. I'm also tempted to turn my payment status to daily instead of weekly now.

Yesterday's auction was good but not great. I got a lot of things, some of which were cheap and some of which I had to pay up for. Then there was a loooooong gap between the second to last batch of stuff I wanted and the last two tables. There was some guy I've never seen before there buying a bit of glass and when we got to the last table, which had nine things I wanted, he said to the auctioneer let's just do the whole table because this is taking too long. And the auctioneer said, OK. So he and I were bidding against each other and when we got to $67.50 I let him have it. Afterwards I said what on earth did you want on this table that was so valuable? He said he just wanted it over with so he could go home. I bought the one set of glasses I really wanted off of him for $15 and a set of plates for $3, but he got the rest, which I would not have paid $49.50 for anyway. So annoyed though at the auctioneer and I made that clear! Then I bolted home, unloaded my car, and went to meet my old assistant at a local bar for drinks because she and her husband were up here for the weekend. When I got back Liam told me there was a tragedy; he set one of my boxes down on top of another one and it fell over, breaking one of the glasses. Fortunately it wasn't anything spectacular, but now I've got a set of five instead of a six and that's always a tougher sell. Oh well, if that's the worst thing that happens I'm doing OK. And I told myself to just let the auction thing go. Let it be Dee!

Did you see the sunset picture in the nature thread in Hangout? It is spectacular!

Today I need to take a bunch of pictures and get the counter cleared off. Liam also wants to list a few more coats, and I'm all for that, even though we're out of room downstairs to put them until we get another shelving unit redeployed. But they can't sell if they aren't listed!

Alright, off to the shower. And BTW, this hour later thing is for the birds!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids1

Dee Jay, does it snow much there after March? We get snow well in to May and sometimes even early June here. I hope you actually have spring there.

Nice to sell so much of the black glassware. Good idea to pack it up in two boxes. I saw a blurb somewhere about Etsy and payments. I feel for the people that rely on that income. What a mess. Both of us have retirement accounts through our local credit union. They don't technically house the money there, it's through another financial place, but the "talk" of other banks being in trouble is pretty scary. It certainly seems to be a HUGE mess and not one any of us are going to enjoy.

Wow, that kind of such about the auctioneer being in a hurry but nice you were able to buy what you wanted off the "new competition". It's too bad one of the boxes fell and broke one of the glasses. I was eyeballing a set of four Waterford glasses yesterday since I broke three of mine in the last year. These are 13 ounces. I looked through all of your pages to see if there was anything I wanted in clear. I didn't buy anything yet because I really don't "need" them, but I am considering it. I usually drink water out of Tervis thermal cups, but I like crystal glasses for milk, Coke or other drinks.

I hope the coats sell well and you can get those out of your giant stash in the basement.

I will go check out the sunset picture. I don't spend much time on PS anymore because I work too much and have quit carrying my laptop in to the living room.

Marty didn't get home from helping that guy move until about 6. As expected, the guy had not found any other "sucker" to help him move. Marty was going to grill rib eye steaks for us when he got home, but I was starving by about 4 p.m. so I made myself supper. Marty had me order pizza for him when he got home.

We went out for breakfast today and we are meeting my sister and her family in Colorado for lunch later. I'm packing out the rest of Christmas ham for them since neither one of us are huge fans of ham. Her son takes a lunch to work all the time, so he'll be sick of ham sandwiches in no time.

I plan on doing 20 pound and 25 pound lifts today. Wish we luck. My wrist is a bit more sore than it has been all along so I 'll see how it goes. I did one or two sets of wristercises the past few days. We got a huge box of beef delivered yesterday so I have to clean out our two freezers (the ones on the refrigerators) to get enough room for the delivery so maybe lifting all that irritated it.

Laters.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a lot of nice pictures in that thread including your eagle shots. I haven't gone through that thread in a long time. Since there were a few sunset photos on the most recent page, were you referring to Eli22? Nice colors.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a lot of nice pictures in that thread including your eagle shots. I haven't gone through that thread in a long time. Since there were a few sunset photos on the most recent page, were you referring to Eli22? Nice colors.

Yes, that one. Amazing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our website has a community photos page, we get some great pictures submitted there as well. I totally enjoy looking at pictures.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I swear some years we get more snow after March 1 than we do before! I've got all the black glass, plus two other orders, ready to go... but I'm not dropping the shipments off until I see if that money hits my bank account tomorrow. My deposit this week should be over $1,000, which I realize is not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but a thousand dollars of glass is A LOT of glass and I'm not sending it without payment. Liam and I listed three more furs yesterday and then we were able to put all of our own coats back into the closet. It was momentous! We do like a bit of ham every now and then. Liam will pick one up at Costco for Christmas and Easter, and we'll even get a small one on occasion and fry up slices for a few meals before we get tired of it LOL.

Yesterday I listed like mad. And then I packed up orders until after ten. In between I did some laundry, and when Liam got back from taking the ferals home we had an appetizer type dinner of bacon wrapped jalapenos and cheesy lobster bites. It was pretty good!

This daylight savings time things is kicking my a$$. I am going to be dragging at the end of today, I can feel it already...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my Etsy payment is going through! This morning when I logged on it had the regular message that I get for every weekly payment. Then my payment date got moved to NEXT Monday (3/20). So I changed my payment frequency from weekly to daily and used the "request my funds" button. And then the message said my payment was processing. And then it changed the payment date to tomorrow. And THEN it said the funds have been sent to my bank account and now my outstanding balance is $0. So I guess I'll know tomorrow when I look at my business checking account if the money actually got in there, but I'm taking this as an encouraging sign!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's great it looks like your Etsy payment is going through. I wouldn't ship those glasses either until you get your money. Sounds like it processed but definitely wait until you see that money in your account. I went to our credit union this afternoon, there wasn't a "run" on it so I proceeded as planned.

That's awesome you were able to get your own coats back in the closet. Sweet.

We don't mind ham occasionally either but we had way too much left from the Christmas dinner. When you plan on feeding 20 and only four of us eat, there's a lot of leftovers. I order Door Dash from Taco John's for supper today. I was on my way to pick it up myself and found another article I had to proof for tomorrow.

Now, the boss is chatting with me. Looks like I'm at eight hours again. Glad I stopped and ate supper.

Meeting the family for dinner was fun yesterday. We all had some good laughs. It was the "fun" part of the family.

It's kind of nice here today so I topped off my gas tank while I was out running errands. Some guy wanted to talk to me about me car, I guess he really wants one. I highly recommended the Curbymobile to him.

Off to have some ice cream.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the money showed up in my account this morning "pending" like it always does on the day of the transfer so I ran at lunch to UPS and sent everything off. Fingers crossed I don't look tomorrow and it's been yanked out LOL! I also thought about filling up my car on the way back but I have this weird idea that maybe gas prices will take a bit of a dip given what's going on with banking right now. No real connection there I can articulate... just some wishful thinking! Ice cream sounds marvelous! I'm on day three of "being good." So far the thing that's saving me is the secret stash of dark chocolate from Ikea!

Last night I went to Costco right from work. Liam was going to come and meet me but he got stuck on a call. He pulled into the parking lot as I was pulling out, so I drove home to put everything away and he stayed and had a hot dog for dinner. I had an order to pack up and some things to put away out of the laundry room, but that was about it. Early night!

This morning I had three hours of meetings back to back. In the one with IT I had to go all Release The Kraken over something. The comment that set me off was to the effect of "What is the business case for this request? Just because the SEC says it's a requirements isn't a good enough reason to spend this kind of money." I think the other people in the meeting were a little taken aback by my vehemence... and a couple of F bombs. "Hello, I am Dee and I am your new compliance officer." :lol:

Alright, off to look up some regulations. The excitement never ends!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is great your money is at least pending. I hope it's transferred to your account then tomorrow. It's hard to say on gas prices, right now I go with the theory of fill it today because tomorrow it could be higher. Not of fan of what's going on these days. I do tend to eat some ice cream every day but I don't dish up a lot of it. Also, I buy those Dove bites that are 60 calories per "bites". They are just enough to satisfy me. I also have a small amount of chocolate every day. Right now I'm pretty hungry too. I was going to try and grill myself something but the wind is going Mach 1 out there right now. Maybe it's Door Dash time.

Nice of you to pick up things at Costco and get them all taken care of before Liam got home. I need to go get some more bread and strawberries. Maybe tomorrow.

So your released the Kraken on IT? Now people at work will know not to mess with Dee. I swear most of the IT people I've dealt with over the years deserve having the Kraken released on them. I loved it when Marty ran the IT at my old job - I could bitch about his team all the way home from work. I often got prompt attention to issues then - Strange.

I couldn't fall asleep at DST time last night and then laying there in bed, I decided the printed Snoopy on my shirt irritated the forearm that's still kind of bruised so got up about 11:30 and changed PJ tops. It never bothered me before. Then I still woke up at new DST time so I feel hungover today and didn't enjoy any wine to get that way. I made myself a farm fresh egg and cheese 1/2 sandwich for breakfast. I swear that egg was twice the size of a large egg from the store. And obviously way tastier. Marty had a grill rib eye steak and two eggs. For lunch it was fruit and yogurt which is probably why I'm so hungry at 4 p.m.

I worked on assorted things today but cut it short a bit before eight hours. Yay me.

I got six more rows done on mini me #2 last night. I'm still getting that numbness in the left thumb.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my forearm is sore but I did lift 27.5 pounds - 18 times. For presses I did 22 pounds and rows I did 25 pounds. Yay! I even managed to grill a burger for myself for supper. I used my right hand to lift and hold the lid (it's quite heavy) and then used my left hand to flop the burger on the grill and use the spatula to turn it. Such progress. I have to admit my arm is pretty sore but that's to be expected from lifting.

It was near 50 here today. I still needed a coat to walk over and get our mail. I think since I've stayed home so much - mostly because of ice - that I have a bad case of cabin fever.

I worked nine hours today. Guess I am in charge of training a new guy how to update older articles. Fun for me. He'll be taking my job then if he's doing that. The one he picked to work on was one of those whoppers that required a lot of editing.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you money show up today?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I was a bit sore last night from lifting but not too bad. Yay. I will add a few more pounds this weekend. And by that, I mean on the bar not my butt.

I was up bright and early today and noticed cool clouds stretching across the sky so put my fisheye lens on my camera and took a few shots. It's kind of strange what turns out, but it was one of my Christmas presents so I'll play with it. It certainly distorts the image. Looks like it covers 167 degrees of the sky. Interesting.

After playing with my camera and doing dishes, I worked for only seven hours today. Ha! I'm retired, after all. :lol:

We had a bit of snow and it's cold and windy again. I need to win the lotto so I can buy my tropical island and move there.

I didn't work on mini me #2 last night, so will do that tonight. Last night, I rented the new Tom Hanks movie and got bored FAST so rented the Brandon Fraser movie Whale but Marty came home and we finished watching an old Adam Sandler movie we started on Sunday. I need good TV to watch while knitting.

Laters,
Curby

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the fisheye image from this morning

Fisheye X copy.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy St. Pat's kid!

Curby, when I first saw the picture I thought "Oh, Curby's on an airplane!" because it looked like a photo taken out the window, then I realized what's going on. It's a really cool effect! I'm happy to report that my daily deposits are coming in as planned, so that's nice! Of course it was always more impressive to get the "big" deposit once a week rather than these piddly little ones, but at least I feel like there's less at risk in case something else goes awry. When you win the lottery please be sure to designate a room for me as a permanent house guest!

Yesterday all I did was work, meet, work, meet, work. This being employed for the birds! After that I met up with Liam and some of his work colleagues at a local bar to watch basketball. Somehow we got talked into buying tickets to a boxing match over Memorial Day weekend where one of the guys is going to get the sh!t beat out of him for charity. Doesn't sound like much fun to ME, but I guess it's not my decision to make!

Oh wait -- I lied! There was one bright spot in the middle of my day yesterday! Liam texted me a picture around lunch and said "Garage sale going on now from Facebook marketplace." Pink glass! So I ran over and got a bunch of it. Frankly I paid more than I wanted, but the lady was really nice and is moving out of her condo into a home so I was happy to give her $95. At one point as I was wrapping everything up she said... well there IS more... I was like ??? So she went into the bedroom and came out with a plastic tub of stuff still wrapped in ancient newspaper. Her daughter had told her not to put everything out at once because it would look like "too much." People! Folks like me want it ALL!!! I didn't even unwrap it, I just said I'd give her $20 for whatever was in there, sight unseen! So that will be a little adventure today when I take that out and look at it LOL.

I started a "show me your green" thread. Post some emerald shots!

Alright, off to get this party started! Green beer for breakfast!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy green beer day.

Dee Jay, the fisheye lens is quite unique. I don't know how much I'll use it but it's a fun addition to my lenses. I need to keep lifting weights and working my way back up in strength, my camera bag is heavy.

That's good your daily deposits are coming in okay. I saw where some of the CEO's or board members of that bank were selling off things the week before. Nice!

For sure, we'll have a Dee Jay room in our island mansion. I tell my family we can all have mansions on our island, but I did tell my sister-in-law that lives in a motor home she has to drive her RV there to live in because she doesn't get a mansion. :lol: She's as fun to pick on as Marty.

Darn that pesky work keeping you so busy yesterday. I'm officially over 100 hours for March. WTH? We have far more important things to do with our time.

I saw college basketball was on TV last night. I no longer have to keep track of sports since it's no longer my problem to make sure people's program guide is correct. Going to a boxing match does not sound appealing. Take your phone.

Nice you scored some more pink glass. I'd have pink or blue glasses but I'm sure Marty wouldn't be amused. He probably wouldn't complain about blue, but probably draws the line at pink. He basically uses coffee cups though.

Good idea to start a show me your green thread. I could snap a few pictures. I am not working right now. I quit after six hours and can't do more until some articles for Sunday get done. And Marty is napping so I hate to venture to the living room and turn on the TV.

We had some snow last night but not much. Today it's sunny, WINDY and cold. Think I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. I heated up some ground beef for lunch and had cottage cheese with it. The thrill-o-meter didn't register.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, over 100 hours for March? You definitely work more than I do! :lol: I saw your contribution to the SMYG thread. I really love that moi et toi! Our weather can only be described as "sucks" right now. That's a level beyond "pants." Cold. Snowing. Mid-March. Sucks.

This morning I went to an estate sale and got three sets of glasses and some more sack cloth dish towels, which are the best for drying things I also stopped at another sale on the way back and got another bag of glass. This wasn't a company I knew and they wanted to take everything over to the hold table and wrap it all up themselves. But they were clumsy and stuff got all clinked together, and at one point four of eight glasses got knocked over on the table. My inner monologue escaped and became an outer dialogue. It started with "Jesus Christ!" and ended with me snatching the paper out of the lady's hands and wrapping everything myself, which is what I wanted to do in the first place.

Liam and the ferals went to the mall and while I was taking pictures someone came to the door. It was actually a guy who works in the same office I do and he was canvassing for a political candidate. I went outside and talked to him in the driveway because the dogs were going nutso. When I came back in it was suspiciously quiet... and then I heard the crinkle of plastic... Blue had gotten a brand new package of pepperoni off the counter that I was going to use to make a pizza pie casserole and he and House P!sser ate it all. So of course where was some screaming. And now the dogs are in the kennel for the duration.

I need to clean up the kitchen and store all the things I took pictures of today, but really I just want to take a nap...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

I got a second wind late yesterday and was productive until about midnight. There are things for five listings ready for pics, and I also need to do a bunch of laundry and work on the taxes for the two ladies. If I knuckled down I could probably have it all done in about an hour each, but it's just such a PITA...

Right now I'm eating bacon in bed and contemplating whether I have the energy to put clothes on LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I keep seeing new postings come up on Instagram. Are you getting any sales from there?

LOL to your weather rating being sucks which is worse than pants. That's 9 months of the year around here. Sack dish towels are great, I still have a few that my mom had. Oh no those people insisted on wrapping your glasses and did a crappy job at it. My inner dialogue would have leaked out too, glad you took over for them.

Did the dogs get sick from eating the pepperoni? They found something to distract them from barking anyway.

Glad you were so productive last night. Marty had a moment of second wind too about 2 a.m. but that's because our security cameras all of a sudden went down and he couldn't even log in again. So he woke up and went down to his office to try and fix them. He figured it out but couldn't go back to sleep. Since we are having company today, I got my laundry done yesterday including washing the sheets for our bed.

My moi and toi ring was my first piece of nice jewelry that I bought after graduating college. It had a smaller diamond accent but a few years ago I had the local jewelry replace it with a half carat diamond I had as a solitaire pendant. It's a medium blue fluorescent diamond too. I really like the style because it's so different, but the emerald is small - maybe 3.5x5 mm. I'll see if I can find picture of it with the small diamond.

One of my retirement plans was to take more pictures with my camera, so I played with it yesterday as well as took a few with Marty’s older Sony mirrorless DSLR to compare. The pictures between my camera and his were close enough it’s not worth worrying about which one is better. Marty would say HIS but my camera is white and matches my car. Plus, he’s a BOY and doesn’t carefully put lenses away in pouches, he leaves the lens cap off, leaves his camera and lenses just sitting around collecting dust. Nope, I don’t want to share with him.

I did make one decision though - the lens he bought me for Christmas is probably going to be traded for a different lens. Ha! The best Canon lenses are called a L series and the one L series lens I have obviously takes better pictures. So I want to trade the new lens for a L series lens. Marty wants a different lens too so we are looking at trying used lens as long as they are rated as like new or minus like new. He’s in all the camera forums and watches videos all the time so this one place has a great reputation for being fair and accurate on used lenses. I pointed out I’d rather have new but I’ll trust his decision. He is a big on buy it nice or buy it twice. Maybe I should remind him of that.

We have friends coming over for lunch today. I made lasagna and Marty is grilling chicken and homemade garlic type sauce then putting it all on top of mashed potatoes. Since there will be six of us, I bought frozen mashed potatoes that you microwave then mash and add milk and butter. Peeling that many potatoes would drive my left hand crazy.

I did lift again today, 25 pounds presses, 27.5 pounds rows and 30 pounds deadlifting.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did find a picture of before and after:

Emeraldring.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, wow, what an improvement on the whole ring replacing that stone made! I honestly don't know if I'm getting any sales from Instagram... A few things that I've posted pics of have sold, but they might have sold anyway so who knows. The dogs has NO REACTION to eating the pepperoni. I wish they HAD because maybe then they would have learned a lesson. But then again I doubt their little doggie brains would have made the connection between eating it and feeling bad. Buy it nice or buy it twice -- I should cross stitch that and hang it up!

Yesterday I got more listings done than I thought I would, so that's always a bonus! I also finished up some other stuff relatively early and did my nails... and then it was later that I thought it should be LOL.

Today I've got meetings (surprise! NOT!!!) and I might motivate myself to run by the grocery store on the way back to The North Estate. I've also got packages to drop off at UPS and Fed Ex at lunch. The excitement of running an internet empire never ends!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, yes, just adding the larger diamond made a big difference. I like the unique style of the setting.

That's amazing the dogs didn't seem to be bothered by the pepperoni. The "drinkers" came over for dinner yesterday and we lived up to our names. I believe we averaged about one bottle of wine per person - again. I, unlike the dogs, had to hit the alka seltzer and didn't sleep too well. And it wasn't because I ate that much food.

I should get Marty a tee shirt made that say buy it nice or buy it twice. He'd probably tell me to wear it.

Nice you got up a lot of listings yesterday. I seemed to spend a lot of time in the kitchen - prior to consuming alcohol anyway.

LOL to running an internet empire. Dee's world. How were the meetings today? Did you go Kraken on anyone?

I had a dental appointment for a cleaning. He found a whole in my tooth but I think it's been there or was a little bump that maybe they scraped off today. Great. He didn't seem concerned after I said I think it's been there. Now, of course, I "think" I feel it.

It's freaking cold here again today but at least no snow in sight. Ssh, don't let Mother Nature know I said that.

I had a piece of leftover lasagna for lunch. There are two more servings left, so I think I'll freeze them for some other day.

I am only working about six hours today. I started the day off participating in an interview for work. I asked one question.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, these dogs can eat something they absolutely should NOT and be fine... and then they will puke up their regular dog food. No rhyme or reason. One bottle of wine per person is starting to sound like my regular nightly intake. :lol: (Kidding! But not by much... :cheeky: ) I might have a tooth thing going on too. I thinnnnnnk there's a little sensitivity with one of my fillings, but I'm not sure since I noticed it a few days ago and not really since then. Fingers crossed. I keep getting roped into these meetings too where at the end they're like "Dee, anything feedback or questions?" Uhhhh.... NO! Well, that's not entirely truly. Generally my feedback is that we didn't need to have the meeting in the first place and my question is why we keep doing stupid sh!t like this... but I have refrained to this point!!!

Yesterday was busy (of course). After work I ran to Fed Ex to drop off a package for Liam and then to UPS, but I pulled into the UPS parking lot and the line was literally out the door so I kept on going since I had BBBS starting at six o'clock. Those candlesticks will just have to be on their way today instead of tomorrow!

Speaking of things going on their way, around 7:30 while I was sitting at the kitchen table eating cheese and crackers for dinner (Liam was down in one of the 'burbs buying a car for OF) and contemplating packing up a set of tumblers I'd sold, my phone went CHA CHING! Seven hundred and fifty dollars worth of old pink dishes, SOLD! Liam came in just as I was heading down into the basement and I said I think I'll be in bed by midnight if I start packing now. I wasn't far off -- I crawled between the covers about 11:45. It was a BIG order! And it cost a small fortune to ship it. Wow, shipping prices are CRAZY. Oh well, that's another 38 pieces of glass leaving the house!

Alright, I better figure out what I'm going to have for breakfast (the exciting choices are a granola bar or yogurt, LOL) and get ready for my first meeting.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, so the dogs generally have a cast iron stomach. I guess that's a good thing. Oh no, I hope your tooth is feeling better. I plan on NOT repeating all my dental visits like last year. So Dee is being consulted about meetings and I'm with you, so many of them are unnecessary. I think they are for people who LOVE to hear themselves talk.

I'd wait for another day to drop off your package at UPS since they were so busy. Our local UPS has really strange hours too. I generally drop them off at Office Depot or the shipping store (or whatever they call it.) Nice, you had such a big order come in last night but boo to staying up so late to pack it.

Did Liam get the OF a car? What did he get?

I worked eight hours today. Chatted with some people at my old job. I guess they had a ransom ware attack about three weeks ago and still aren't completely recovered. The lady that replaced me is having fun building adult PPV events. The titles are often amusing though.

Two other ladies and I got volunteered for another new task at work. I was already doing about half of it anyway, but hopefully it means other than quick updates on the weekend, I no longer have to do much work on Saturday. We'll see.

It's been crazy windy here today but I only ventured outside once to see where a fire truck went that came flying by out front with lights and sirens on. It wasn't anywhere in sight when I walked out front, so I don't know what was going on. That was my BIG outing for the day.

Off to fix supper. Tomorrow is lunch with friend who is picking up Olive Garden for us. My thrill-o-meter isn't showing much activity.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, Doncha just love getting "volunteered" for things? I got "volunteered" for something last week and went into a panic to the tune of "I don't even understand this thing, let alone if we can change it." But then I made contacts at another larger bank that does something similar to us and yesterday a guy I talked to gave me the exact piece of information I needed. If my boss isn't happy about this then NOTHING will make him happy LOL. OF received, in honor of his 16th birthday, a white Mercedes ML. I kid you not. It is used, but in very good condition. I keep telling myself that the white will make it visible to other drivers, and I believe it to be a safe vehicle, which are both good things, but seriously. There's sooooooooo much guilt and other stuff going on there I can't even begin to explain it. So that's what he got. I wonder where that fire truck was going. Just glad it wasn't going to YOUR house!

Yesterday I was pretty productive, including a call with the head of IT explaining to him why he/his team was going to do the thing I needed done. It went pretty well, especially once I gave him the regulatory reasoning and a list of sixteen other financial institutions who had been fined MILLIONS of dollars less than six months ago for NOT doing the thing I need. He, like others I talked to on his team, have expressed that I am the only one that tells them WHY something needs to be done, just TO DO IT, and they really appreciate that.

Today I've got a few things on the calendar, including lunch with our lead trust officer. She's a little wacky, but I like her!

Liam and I have "committed" to the idea of getting the disaster in the house cleared up to the point that we could have the cleaning people come through before Easter. If that actually happens it would be an Easer miracle indeed!!! I'm going to make a list of the most major stuff and start on it TONIGHT. And you can bet your sweet bippy that dealing with Packing Box Mountain is #1 on that list!

OK, off to sign up for a conference in San Antonio in May. Four days of my life with regulatory info coming at me non-stop. I need a drink already!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, no I don't like getting volunteered for things - I'm retired after all. :lol: That's great you got an answer from another bank on your volunteered project. Go to someone who know these things already.

I hope the Mercedes for the OF is a safe car. Our first cars were tanks. And rightfully so. Generally, I think German cars are pretty safe. Does it go fast?

That's great the IT department likes how you interact with them and you'll get way better service from them. Sweet.

How was lunch with the lead trust officer? A friend of mine came over for cards and brought us lunch from Olive Garden. I'm hungry already since I only at 1/2 of my lunch size portion. Instant supper though after I lift.

Good luck with the pre-Easter house cleared up. I sure enjoy having someone clean our house. A four day conference sounds like a good reason to consume some alcohol.

Had a lovely sunrise with a sun pillar this morning but the pictures didn't turn out nearly as good as what I saw. I had a hard time concentrating on work today. Phooey. Think I'll go lift now.

We had vertical instead of horizontal snow today too. How unique.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm sure the car DOES go fast... but I doubt OF will drive it fast any time soon. There is some law in Illinois that makes kids have their permits for period of time before they can drive alone without a parent/adult and OF got his permit "late" so he can't go out alone until June even though he's already sixteen. Between now and then the plan is for him to drive around the neighborhood and local area A LOT with his mother so when the time comes he's good with the car. Liam also said he's not going to put an I-Pass in the car in the beginning so OF won't be able to go on the highway. I actually thought that was a brilliant idea! It will take him an hour to get from his house to here on the back roads, but really, he's a kid -- what else does he have to do?! My meeting right before lunch ran long so I had to bail on the trust officer. Instead I went to Meijer to grab something from the deli and pick up one or two things. A hundred bucks later... ! Vertical snow. How fun! NOT!!!

Today I have a couple of meetings but mostly I need to start working on The List. I had a good storage idea yesterday that I need to see today if it will work. I've also got a order to pack. A lady in Las Vegas bought a sugar and creamer set in that golden foliage pattern. I was like... uh... I've got a bunch of glasses in that same pattern... so she bought eight pilsner glasses and five cordials too. Excellent! If I have to pay $$$ to ship to Vegas I'm glad it's a bigger order!

Alright, if I'm going to make my 9 am zoom I need to be in the shower in about 2 minutes. Later gator!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results