carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Yesterday was a whirlwind! I took pictures for two listings, went downtown and did my open house (the prospective tenants came by, and I stayed late for them because the boyfriend's kid's basketball game ran long so hopefully they will take it!), came back and washed up a slew of glasses to list today.

I'll head downtown tonight instead of tomorrow morning for a friend's surprise 50th birthday party. Liam is going to run in too but he'll come back here to The North Estate again because YF and OF are here.

Alright, off to get some listings done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope the tenants decide to commit to renting the place. Nice to get more listings up today. Have fun at the birthday party.

I got up about 6 and have been working on laundry and not much else. I got the July club newsletter ready to go and just ordered dinner from Outback. I am feeling lazy today.

We watched several episodes of the Orville on Hulu last night so I got more done on mini me.

Off to set the table.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, no word yet from the tenants... but hope springs eternal. (Until it gets crushed. :lol: ) I took pics for seven listings yesterday but didn't have time to put them up. That's OK, it will happen eventually, and the picture taking is the longest part of the process. How are flowers doing? I think of you every time I look out the door to the back deck and see the basket... which is still hanging on despite virtually never getting watered!

The party last night was fun, and I was at my place in bed before eleven. This morning I woke up around six but refused to get out of the covers until eight. I just dread coming in to work right now. Ugh.

Alright, off to cruise the job boards!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I forgot to tell you about the nail polish. So I ordered seven new colors, which came over the weekend. One of the colors turned out to be blah -- the only word I can think of is "tan." Ick. And ironically that is the color I was most excited about! Anyway, sine OPI is the brand that works best and all the others leave me doing touch-ups after a few days I threw out Every Other Single Bottle of gel polish of other brands and just kept the OPI. So now I only have eight colors (the two I had and the six new ones), but I think I like all of them. That's a first!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, LOL to hope springs eternal . . .that's great! Very true the place will sell or get rented eventually. The flowers are doing good. I picked off lots of dead ones this morning. Your hanging pot is "hanging" in there - ha ha. That's good it is getting moisture from somewhere.

Nice to get pictures taken to post. I imagine that is time consuming but sounds more fun to me than washing everything by hand. Glad to hear the party was fun last night. I was wide awake in bed this morning too but put off getting up until about 6:30. I heard Marty at about 4:30 fixing himself something to eat before heading to the gym. So I got up and checked out the planets and moon - at least it was clear. Sadly, I was wide awake after that.

What did you find exciting on the job boards? Once you hate going in to work; it's probably time to explore other options. I am sure glad I did, even if I did start working agian.

Nice to clean out your polish and keep only OPI. I like them too; especially their brushes. Tan sounds very neutral and nice to wear. Of course, you never know until you see a color. I think I'll paint my nails tonight. Good idea!

Today was my first official day of proofing - so I worked a little this morning then ran errands. I started proofing after our late lunch. Afterwards, I lifted then had a sandwich for supper. Think I'll knit more tonight. I got mini me up to 12" last night.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to mention I got a bill in the mail today from Lenox. The crystal snowflake I finally got from them recently apparently never got charged to me. I paid for that inital order with PayPal so I logged on to make sure I hadn't already paid for it and they were right. The order was broke out in to several different orders so they just charged me for what they sent. I wonder if PP rejected the charge since it was quite a while ago?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, that's odd about the Lennox charge, but I guess if they didn't charge for the item before it's valid. There are a lot of things on the job boards... so many that I'm a little overwhelmed LOL. I'm also doing a good job of circling back with past colleagues and seeing what they know about. Hopefully something will pop! The hanging plant might get a reprieve from its thirsty existence because Liam planted a tree up in that area last weekend and since he's got to water that every day he's getting the basket too. I'm sure the poor thing is glad!

Yesterday I worked pretty late and then went home and did pretty much nothing. This morning I was AWAKE at 5:30 and seriously thought about coming in, but I resisted LOL. When I did get here I applied for some jobs and now I'm cleaning up my office because we're having a new group move down onto the empty half of this floor next week so it's a good excuse to get things organized. Dammmmmmn I have a TON of paper!

There is some ESG initiative that I've somehow been tasked to complete... but my boss is like, that's not our job, go back to the guy and tell him to do it himself. Talk about being stuck in the middle. Great. NOT.

Alright, off to move some files from one completely crammed cabinet into a new completely empty one. So then they will be equally crammed in a hour, ha ha. And of course I consider this part of my job the highest and best use of my masters degree, don't you agree?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, great idea to reach out to past colleagues on the job search. It's nice to know there are plenty of jobs listed. Good luck!

Nice that Liam is watering the hanging plant along with the new tree.

I was up at about 5 today as well. What were we thinking? I'm chilly and yawning right now.

Nice to clean up your office. I worked on mine for over a month. I do print out a lot of things with my new job. I need to clean out my email and notebook. I volunteered to help cover the main editor for her 2 week vacation. One task I'm fine - the other one I've never done before. Best get with her on that.

Sweet you can push that new ESG initiative back to the guy who gave it to you. Yay! Not fun to be caught in the middle though. Yes, moving files to a new filing cabinet is a great use of your masters degree. Be sure to do it "importantly". Ha Ha.

We went out for breakfast. Marty wanted to go somewhere different so I picked iHop. I won't pick them again. Mediocre at best. We are going out for dinner tonight so I had fruit and a piece of cheese for supper.

I did paint my nails last night - I really like the OPI lucky, lucky lavender shade. I need to buy another one.

I am almost finished with skein #1 in mini me. Sweet.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, you reminded me that my favorite shade was I'll Always Lavender You and I used it up ages ago. I should look and see if that's still available! The ESG guy was QUITE pi$$y about me telling him I wasn't going to do the thing he wanted. Frankly he's just a d!ck anyway, so I didn't mind that much telling him to go scratch. General consensus is he won't make it six months here, but we'll see. How do you know how many skeins of yarn a project will take? Or is it just kind of intuitive to you at tis point? I would think you'd want to buy as many as you think you'll need at the beginning so you can get the same dye lot... ?

Yesterday I applied for some more jobs, found out that a job I was perfect for has already been filled but the fill hasn't yet been announced (ugh), and got a call set up for today with an HR person at a company for another good job. So I'm making progress. I had to remind myself that I didn't even apply for the first position until last Thursday so to have something set up for today is pretty good!

Yester Liam picked up some things for me that I won on the Sunday night auction. I went through the boxes last night and it is a weirdly random array of stuff LOL. That's OK, I like a challenge!

Alright, off to get this show on the road. I've got five orders to pack up (thirty-one pieces of glass leaving the house!) and a bunch of laundry to do before my trip tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope they still have that shade available - I could order one of each. The ESG guy sounds like a real charmer - ha ha - Dee isn't going to do your job for you! Darn that the perfect job was already filled, that just means the more better job is out there waiting to find you.

I bet it is kind of fun to see the assortment you get in your boxes. It's nice you and Liam are both picking up things - it helps someone else can find things and pick them up. It saves time but you buy more things. Sweet to be shipping out 31 pieces of glass.

Where are you going on your trip?

Good question about how much yarn do I buy. If I have a pattern that I'm following, I usually pick up 2 more skeins than it calls for, just in case. Then if I don't use some of the skeins, I have some to exchange for my next project. For the afghans I made recently, I kind of checked patterns online to see how many ounces they called for and then added 2 more skeins. I didn't really have a pattern so I knit myself a 5" square sample, measured how many stitches I got per inch and then figured out how many stitches to use. The blue afghan was a tighter pattern so used about 50 ounces on it. The ivory afghan has a looser pattern so I used maybe 45 ounces. I only picked up about 40 ounces for mini me. You definitely know about dye lots, I have been burned a few times on that which is why I buy extra skeins in the first place.

I got up about 6:30 today. It's our 31st anniversary today so Marty said he'd take off early and we could go out to a nearby state park and take a few pictures then go out for lunch. He noticed some nice bluffs out there with reddish rocks and soil so he wanted to check the spot out. He likes to go out and take pictures really early in the morning when the sun is on them. It was gray out today with lots of clouds but I used my Photoshop elements app to add "blue sky" on two of my pictures. It was kind of fun.

I had 43 text messages when my do not disturb time was up. I had to help with an article first thing and then worked on updating another article. I had a meeting with the lady I am going to cover for while she is on vacation - it's a new task and something I haven't done yet. Wish me luck!

Laters.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don’t have that color anymore but Achievement Unlocked looks good.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, Happy anniversary!!! Tell Marty I said he's a lucky guy! LOL on waking up to 43 text messages -- do you and I work in the same place?! I just ordered a bottle of I'll Always Lavender You off of ebay. Who knows what it will be like; the bottle is the old format... but does this stuff go bad? The ad said it was unopened. I guess we'll see when it shows up! I had some more orders come in yesterday so a total of 46 pieces of glass left the house! It was pretty funny... I loaded all the packages for both the post office and UPS into my car and went to the post office first. When I came back out I had another order, and it was for UPS so I went home and packed that. Then when I got in the car to go to UPS I hadn't even put my car in gear to back out of the driveway when my phone when cha CHING again and it was ANOTHER order, also to be shipped by UPS, so I went BACK inside and packed THAT, and finally went to UPS. Nothing's sold overnight but I'm not leaving for the airport for another three hours so if anything does hopefully I'll be able to get it out before I go. I also haven't loaded a single thing into my suitcase yet...

My conversation with the in house recruiter yesterday didn't go as planned. About half way though he started talking about Europe... and India... and China... and I was like, Uh, buddy, NONE of this is in the job description and I have NO interest in going all over god's green earth on the heels of a pandemic with the potential to get stuck somewhere with potentially substandard medical care for some indeterminate amount of time. So I took a hard pass on that one, but there's another job -- US only, thank you very much! -- that might be a good fit and he's going to give my resume to the hiring manager. I've also applied for a few more roles online. Today is one full week of job hunting... how come no one's hired me yet?! :lol:

Alright, much to do and only a few hours to do it. Better get hopping!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks - I did tell Marty he is a lucky guy - I don't think we convinced him though. Nice you found that color of polish; it should be okay. It's not like it spoils and if it was never opened I would guess it's fine. Wow, the orders are rolling in for you; that is great. I haven't checked you site for a few days, but I'll do that shortly.

I totally agree now it not a good time to travel overseas. I was totally a basket case when Marty was overseas so much; especially some of the places they sent him. What is up with no job offers rolling in this week? Soon you'll have so many you won't know which one to choose.

Safe travels.

I got up about 6 this morning but didn't get to work until about 8. I totaled up my June hours and I averaged about 30 hours a week. I'm rolling in dough, NOT! I spent quite a bit of time on the giant spreadsheet again today. The boss found a few duplicates so once again I downloaded the spreadsheet and sorted first by title and found maybe 5 or 6 duplicates and then by URL and found a few more. I guarantee there are still some duplicates of the same subject but wildly different titles but there isn't an easy way to find them. I started my color coding today but got bored and will continue that later. I am highlighting topics that change all the time and will go put them in the month when they occur next time. Sounds like tedious and boring plus quite a bit of research. Did you know the next time we have 3 Friday the 13th in one year is 2026? Now I do. Then I did an article on do sharks smile?

I worked about 7 hours today, lifted and picked off dead flowers. I am on skein #2 of mini me but kind of bored watching TV and knitting. I'm restless. It is raining pretty good here tonight. Which is great because we are so dry. I ordered in an individual pizza for supper and ate 1/2 of it. And now I'm hungry.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I'm sure Marty DOES know, he just doesn't want to admit it to us! :lol: Your giant spreadsheet sound so much like my giant spreadsheets I think we must do the same job LOL.

We are having quite the weekend of not doing much here in Connecticut! After #2 picked me up from the airport we went to lunch, stopped at the grocery store, had a glass of wine at her country club, and ate an entire party sized back of potato chips and onion dip for dinner. At midnight.

Yesterday we lounged around by her pool all day and then went over to a BBQ at the beach with about a dozen people. Then we came home and had cheese and crackers for a snack. At midnight. (Are you starting to see a theme here? :cheeky: )

She's out walking the dog now and then we're going to lunch and having a bit of shopping. There are supposed to be storms later and we don't want to be out in those, so out goal is to make it back before that weather hits. And then we can lounge around for a while and have snack food. At midnight. HA!

There is a job that I think I might really want (I'm starting to sound like a broken record!). One of my friends that I got to Aspen with works there, and another friend knows someone there, so I'm working on an introduction. I figured nothing will happen until next week so I didn't even bother applying. General consensus is the place is a bit of a hot mess, but isn't that what I excel at? I always say I'm a builder and a fixer!

Alright, off to find some allergy pills. Whatever is blooming here is just KILLING me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure Marty and Liam know how lucky they are - but they don't want to admit it.

It does sound like we are both in spreadsheet hell sometimes. I worked on mine briefly this weekend. A BBQ on the beach sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds like your trip to Connecticut is starting off right - wine and chips for dinner. You are obviously enjoying the holiday weekend. Did you get home before the storms hit? We didn't - more of that below.

Nice to have some connections on the job you might be interested; these days that really helps. Good luck with that. Cleaning up messes is kind of fun - sometimes.

Friday I worked about 7 hours. We've had a busy weekend. We went out for breakfast yesterday then picked up groceries. I had a few articles to proof and we continued watching episodes of the Orville. Marty made us chicken and pasta yesterday to crack open a bottle of Chianti - then we forgot the wine. WTH? Today I made homemade biscuits and we had pchana and corn on the cob for dinner. After Marty went to the gym this morning, I ran errands. My first stop was Kohl's to return some slipper socks that were too thin. So to get that all import $15 refund credit, I spent $84 on new clothes. I got quite a few short sleeve tees because they were on sale for $6.99 each. I picked up a pair of pants and a jean jacket. Then I ventured over to Walgreens looking for a magazine put out by our local paper that I still can't seem to find. Then I zipped out to cemetery and realized I left my flag windmill at home. Oh well. Afterwards, I stopped by the gym. We headed to a hardware store and ended up getting a folding chair, and 2 chairs with a little bistro table for the deck. Now we can eat out there! It's almost Tiffany colored too. We finished season 3 of the Orville tonight and I got quite a bit of knitting done on mini me this weekend.

I almost forgot the torrential rain story. We came out of the hardware store with a big square box containing 2 chairs, a thin box with the table and a folding chair. We push the cart out to their loading area and Marty goes to get his truck, I watch multiple "it's all about me" people simply park in the open loading zone spots and just walk in to the store; luckily one spot was still open. I started to feel rain drops when Marty pulls up. The folding chair and table fit easily in the pickup bed but the box with 2 chairs was way to tall to fit under the topper over the pickup bed. So Marty wonders if it will fit in the back of the Macan - I go to get the Curbymobile and by then it is pouring. I start to pull in to the then only open spot and Marty wants me to back it in - I'm like um no not in this rain - I can't see where I'm going. I pull down to another loading zone section and we find out it won't fit in the back of the car or on my back seat. By then both of us are drenched from the rain. Marty finally gets the box on his back seat. Naturally, it stopped raining by the time we got home. We planned on eating dinner out there but it was really windy then so we ate inside.

I do have some work tomorrow and plan on making BBQ ribs for dinner.

Laters,
Curby

Here is our new little table and chairs
IMG_1509.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Fourth of July kids!

Curby, LOL on the rain story; that totally sounds like an episode in the life of Liam and Dee! Your new table and chairs look GREAT! I imagine you're going to have to bring those in when the wind kicks up... ? As for the rain here: Not One Drop. It was a bunch of storm watches/warnings that equaled absolutely zero. Oh well, I guess better that than the other way, right?

The long weekend of a whole bunch of nothing continues! Yesterday #2 and a friend played nine holes of golf while the friend's wife and I ate brunch on the patio at the club. When the golfers got done with the front nine they picked us up and we went with them for the back nine. When all of that golfing/goofing around was done (!) we came back to the house and had some people over. It was an amazing pool day and dinner was absolutely fabulous! Today I think will be more of the same in terms of pool and food.

Time to put my swimsuit on and let my cellulite greet the sun!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Day After the 4th of July!

I don't know how well those chairs and table will do in the wind; they are about 15 pounds. We will see. We sat outside last night.

I know the feeling on the threatening storms that end up being all talk and no action. It is that way here right now. It will probably blow on through and pound someplace in Nebraska.

Your long weekend sounds perfect. Relaxing, shopping, eating, drinking, swimming. What more could you ask for in a long weekend?

We did watch pretty fireworks from our driveway that the city set off in the park. Sadly many neighbors decided to light them as well on our dry, crunchy ground. Brilliant, I know! I heard the boom and crackle until well after 1 am this morning so I had some mint cocoa to wake me up earlier today.

Not much going on here. We got our replacement shade installed today. It works and looks nice. Now to get Marty to hang up our new drapes. Our cleaning lady is always willing to take things off our hands so gladly took our old drapes home with her. She has several kids that are newly married so they are always eager to get freebees.

I cooked some boneless ribs in the crockpot today. I was going to put BBQ sauce on them but Marty doesn't like processed stuff so I baked them with some water, salt and pepper. I swear they came out better than if I cooked them in BBQ sauce. I had cottage cheese with mine and Marty had rice. Easy lunch.

Work is asking me to do more chores. I worked on the giant spreadsheet today and still have to go through looking for things that change dates, ask about a few I doubt should be there and also where to put the full moon every month. Then I think I'm done.

Mini me is coming along. I am almost through skein #2. Yay!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, it's nice of you to give your things to someone (or someone's kids) who can use them! Did Marty get the new drapes hung? I don't understand the fascination with at-home fireworks... The big displays put on by municipalities are fine (although they often go on too long for my taste), but the appeal of ones that people do in their own back yards pretty much escapes me. For the most part that are just about making noise and not even pretty, and that part where they could set the whole neighborhood on fire... yah... NO.

It's been a busy week! Wednesday after work I went to the birthday party for our friend. It was at a seafood restaurant and was fine, but I'd never go back there. Yesterday I worked a bit, had a phone interview (sadly they can't afford me), and left a little early to drive over to Michigan. My best friend from law school's partner is having surgery today so I came over to keep him company as there's likely an over-night stay in the hospital involved. Not sure exactly how the day is going to unfold, but I'll just go with the flow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, luckily our local aerial fireworks only last about 20-30 minutes. They used to do ones on the ground as well at our local Frontier Day's stadium but they quit that a few years ago. The lady I hear from at corporate from my old job had bushes catch fire from her neighbors shooting off fireworks. She put the fire out by the time the firetruck and sheriff showed up and naturally she was really ticked off when the sheriff asked her if she started the fire and was blaming it on her neighbor. Nice!

Marty did get the new drapes hung; they look good and the wrinkles are coming out of them.

Darn that you interviewed with someone who can't afford you; good practice having an interview though. I am sure your friend appreciate you coming to stay with them while their partner was having surgery. I hope things went well.

We had a busy weekend. I worked Friday until about 6 pm. I was writing captions for charts on events in August and planned on quitting at mid-month but just kept on going. I was going to proof them today and then have someone check them tomorrow but I'm rather tired today so I will jump on that in the morning.

Yesterday we went out for breakfast and picked up burgers, brats, hotdogs and buns for Marty's BBQ for the gym. We had about 18 people here. Things generally went well except I sure wanted to go Gordon Ramsey on some kids. Here is my rant - the one couple has a boy and girl - grade school age that are hyper active - mom and dad don't pay much attention to them. Every party we've had their parents buy them some new toy to keep them busy. It's always an action toy that one way or another causes a problem. Once they brought one of those toys that launches things and they darn near took out our TV downstairs. This year was an alligator head with an open mouth that you connect to a hose. The game is to push on a tooth and if you choose the right tooth the sprinkler will spray you. So the 2 kids and another lady's kid were playing that game. They all got wet and without asking me or Marty went in to our bathroom (all the doors on that side of the house were shut) and used our towels and threw them on the floor. The one girl also picked up my new afghan off the couch and wrapped it around herself and was walking around with it. She was wet, dragging it on the floor, took it outside on the lawn plus eating while wearing it too. WTF???? Also, I have no idea if Marty let them or if they just decided to turn on the TV while they were upstairs. So they were hanging out in our living room rather than watching TV in the man cave or playing outside. I came up once because they disappeared and I found soda pop spilled on our coffee table, food everywhere and every door upstairs had been opened. IMO that is just poor parenting - when you got to someone's house you don't open closed doors and you don't use something without asking. I was so stinking mad about it I could hardly sleep. They came downstairs from their movie to get some things to eat and drink and I told them they had to eat it there and not bring something back up stairs. The little boy tried several times to head upstairs with food in his hand. I reluctently agreed they could finish their move upstairs but told them to come back down when it's over and stay in the living room. I had hid my iPad at the bottom of my knitting bag before everyone arrived and folded the handles over. After they left I noticed it was wide open, yarn on the floor and iPad on top of mini me. I have a little jewelry box in our closet that I put the jewelry in I'm wearing the next day and those weren't neatly stacked anymore but moved around so they were in our closet snooping. If they weren't Marty's clients I would have given them a colorful piece of my mind. The next party will be Christmas, I will attempt to make sure they don't venture upstairs again. GRRRRR!!!! And I ate too many brownie bites yesterday. Luckily the afghan did wash up okay and it wasn't stretched out of shape.

I might have slept 4 hours last night between Marty's snoring and being agitated. So I've been lazy today. I picked up some stuff at Walgreens, thought of taking out a loan to fill my car - ha ha - and just watched TV.

We had some rain but not much.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Yay, I slept all night. I ended up working about 8 hours today. I did get my lifting done, ate supper and goofed off on angry birds for a while. I'm on level 719 now - Marty is almost at 1200.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, WTH about those kids?! I would seriously allow them access to one room and make sure there was nothing in there they couldn't get into. Translation: Lock Them In The Basement! How are the wrinkles coming in the curtains? The surgery went well and they released him to come home around eight o'clock that night. I was really surprised because I figured that once a certain time rolled around they'd just keep you overnight, but apparently I was wrong!

I drove back to The North Estate on Saturday. Sunday I took pics for half a dozen listings, zipped downtown for my open house, went BACK to The North Estate, packed up my outstanding orders and went to bed. Yesterday I made it downtown super fast (no idea why traffic was so good... ?), worked all day, and met an old work colleague for dinner. I ate wayyyyyyy toooooooo muuuuuuch. Ugh. This morning I rolled into my office around nine. I have to stay downtown tonight too and come in again tomorrow, even though I normally don't come in on Wednesdays but do to some *fabulous* office politics I have to be in here an extra day now. Too complicated to explain, but it has to do with maintaining my outside corner office rather than give it up to someone else for an interior office. Such bvllsh!t. (I'm sure you can see how thrilled I am about this...)

There needs to be a trip to Macy's in my future. I've only gone one suit at the moment that looks decent on me, and it's a heavier fabric, so if I do have to go on a real interview I better have something that works. And speaking of interviews, I'm talking to a bank tomorrow afternoon (that likely can't afford me LOL) and a regulatory agency on Thursday and also may not be able to afford me, but I might consider them anyway as I think it would be a good place to work. Fingers crossed!

Bonus payout countdown: 80 days!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Last night after work I went in search of a suit. Macys... Nordstrom Rack... Marshalls... Burlington Coat Factory... Ross... Nordstrom (regular store)... NADA. I cannot find a suite ANYWHERE!!! Macy's was my best chance, but for the ones where I found a blazer that fit there were no corresponding pants and vice versa. I was so annoyed! Ann Taylor was closed and there is no Talbots downtown anymore, so there is still hope for those places, but MAN. CRAZY!!! I'm trying to figure out when I can get to the big mall that's half way between here and Liam's. I think they close too early for me to be able to go there tonight on the way north, and I hate to make a round trip from The North Estate because it takes at least an hour in each direction. Argh.

After that I went down in my storage locker and got the file with all of my diplomas, transcripts and licenses. At least that was easy -- it was in the first drawer I looked in!
And now I'm here. Ugh.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy rainy Friday kids!

The hunt for a suit continues... yesterday I went to two malls. Nothing. Although I did severely over pay for one pair of black pants just because they made my butt look great. :lol: There is one final mall I can try and I might make a pilgrimage there today or tomorrow, yet to be determined.

Other than that, there's an estate sale I want to run by today to see if it's worth going back to tomorrow morning to get things half off, I'm getting my hair trimmed at noon, there's another estate sale I really want things at starting at 4, but I have a phone interview with a company that likely can't afford me at 3:30. Not sure exactly how that's going to work out LOL. I guess I'll do it from the car!

Alright, off to see how this all unfolds...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow! I've been ignoring you. It has been a busy week. #whosaysiamretired?

Dee Jay, before I forget - horror story to follow - some lady's brother (she works with me) picked up linens at an estate sale and brought bed bugs home. They had to move out to get the place fumigated and are probably going to need it done 3 more times. BTW, my BIL brought them home and it took 2 years to get rid of them. I immediately thought of your bringing home aprons, tablecloths, napkins.

That's great your friend's partner got to go home after the surgery. You sleep better at home. My BIL is getting a pacemaker put in this coming week and they will let him go home that day. I was surprised.

The curtains are looking great! And I'm on skein 3 of mini me.

Dinner with a colleague sounds fun and we just have to indulge sometimes. That is CRAP about having to go in on Wednesday so you can keep your corner office. Makes that other thing you've been toying with a bit more appealing, eh? Nice to be counting down to bonus day but who knows what can happen. That is too bad you can't find a matching suit or one you like. I know our stores don't have the stock of anything they used to have on hand. Marty was surprised his suit jacket still fit him for that funeral we went to last week - he is bulking up for a meet he is competing in this coming November. Good luck finding something you like and sweet your diploma and documents were in the first place you looked. Did you stop and buy a lotto ticket after that? Yay for finding the perfect pair of black pants. I sure need to invest in pants, bras and shoes.

What the heck have I been doing? Working quite a bit, I started reading a book and setting out on the deck at night. Thursday night we had our community neighborhood night out BBQ. We always go because they want to use our star party registration booth tent for the food tent. We are popular with the committee that plans the BBQ. They grill burgers and brats, have beer, soda, water and chips for everyone then people bring side dishes. It's kind of fun. They do them around town and the local police and sheriff stop by with t shirts for the kids and visit with people. I had Marty bring me home about dark and he went back and tore down the tent.

Last night I was reading, knitting and rented the new Jurassic Park movie - the bad reviews I've heard about it aren't far off the mark. I will finish watching it but I wouldn't recommend someone pay to rent it.

This morning we went out to breakfast, got the Curbymobile washed and stopped at Walgreens. We had grilled steak and veggies for a late lunch and finally got to set out at our new bistro set for dinner. We sat out there for several hours but I had to come in and proof a few stories for tomorrow. I don't think they've realized yet that since I edit quite a few of the articles, that I end up proofing my own stuff. I don't think that is allowed; I told Marty, I guess if they figure it out they'll tell me. I have worked on so many articles it's like fresh material to me anyway.

We've had some rain on and off this week. Yay.

I got this great shot of anti-crepuscular rays and the almost supermoon the other night while reading on the deck.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Rays-Supermoon.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We had a busy day. I worked 2 plus hours helping a guy learn how to edit - that's like my old job. Ha ha. Then I dashed off to the local Botanic Gardens to take pictures. Our 10 day rodeo starts next Friday and I turned down the street where they were herding in the horses; luckily my car is small and quick so I got out of there before I got stuck behind everything. I took several pictures of flowers and the park. Marty and I went out for lunch and then I spent the afternoon reading. I got our laundry done and checked out the sun. Kind of a relaxing day overall. I even painted my nails. Hopefully I can finish my book before bedtime today. I spent time looking for cardigans - they aren't plentiful in the summer. I finally ordered one from LLBean. I have some new bras on the way too. Now, I just need to go get some new shoes.

Have a great week!
Curby

A collage from today:

FlowersBG.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I have no idea how on earth it didn't occur to me that bedbugs might be a problem. Holy sh!t... And of course I just won three lots of vintage aprons on auction. I'm going to put them directly in the washer -- like literally have the washer lid open and when I walk in the house I will dump them right in there (using rubber gloves) and then take a shower. Ewwwwwwww!!!!! Wow, you are working A LOT! That's OK, it's more $$$$ for bling, right?! Love all the new pics, especially the blue bridge!

No idea where the weekend went... I did go to that estate sale on Friday and bought about four dozen lovely etched glasses, some of which are already rehomed. The lady for the job interview called me fifteen minutes late so how we're rescheduled for the end of this week. Whatever.

Saturday I took pictures and... uh... no idea what else LOL. And yesterday I took a few more pics, zipped downtown and did my open house, made a quick appearance at a birthday party, did my nails (which I didn't really have time to do but I knew if I didn't I'd regret it because the polish was cracking on the tips and that leads to breakage), packed up thirty-one glasses to ship to a lady in California who has a company that organizes things like baby and wedding showers, and communicated with another customer of mine who is also in California so the fact that it's after midnight for me doesn't really register for her. I got less than five hours of sleep last night. Ack.

This week my Super Junior Woodchuck is on vacation and the guy I work with on certifications is working remotely so I'm frankly screwed. How on earth am I supposed to find a new job when I'm so busy doing THIS one?! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you best throw your clothes in the washer too and put those things in a bad that is disposed outside. That would be SUCH a nightmare to bring home bedbugs. Now, I'm all paranoid about our vacation this fall - we are spending the first night in a motel and then will be in a rental house with Marty's family for a week. When Marty used to travel a lot, especially overseas; I made him empty his suitcase including what he was wearing in the wash the minute he got home.

As for my hours, I didn't have much to do today but had to ask the boss several questions and then I was busy.

How rude to show up late for your appointment, your salary requirements just went up! Ha! And even worse you have a busy week "working" so that will certainly inhibit your job search. Don't people realize you have more important things to do? Good luck with your search. I don't know that I need to keep working, I just won $30 on a Mega Millions. I don't know whether to save it or go put a few gallons of gas in the Curbymobile. Bwhahahahahahahahaiha.

Strange day for me so far. I got up really early but had nothing to do, so I lifted already and was reading. I am almost done with my book. Then I finally got a text from my boss and had some things to do. I am still waiting for her to go through some of my things so I can finish those up. That might now be tomorrow's task.

Marty had to get a flat fixed this morning and left his key there so needs to run back and get that. He had a full gym this morning but people didn't have to wait long.. He is picking up a 2 more person rack in Denver sometime soon. Someone had it for sale in Glenwood Springs for quite a while so he offered them full asking price if they'd meet him in Denver. That person doesn't have a truck, but agreed and will get back to him when they can meet him/us. The drive up to Eagle and Vail would be pretty but I told him either ask for a reduced price or meet him half way. They could no more than say no.

I ordered a cardigan sweater from LLBean last night. Strange that sweaters are so hard to find in July. You'd think they'd be in clearance everywhere. I'm always cold.

I hope to get out this afternoon to get some new shoes.

Laters,
Curby

riverkim

Rough_Rock
Los accidentes de carro, además de estrés y angustia, nos generan muchas preguntas, que por lo regular se quedan sin respuesta, si es que no acudimos a la instancia adecuada. Nuestro abogado de accidentes de carro en San Bernardino te va a decir primero que debes hacer luego de que sucede un accidente.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had a busy day. Marty realized last night our hot water heater wasn't working. He tried to get the pilot light lit again but kept getting an error message. The plumber got here about 9 and replaced one part but no dice. He said he could try the gas valve but usually that only lasts a while so we had him put in a new water heater. My shower was chilly this morning. Part 2 today, Marty bought some more racks for his gym with out money rather than gym money. Good thing I'm working so much.

I did work about 7 1/2 hours today. Made the mistake of saying I could modify text on charts so the boss was sending me assorted ones to update all afternoon.

I decided to go try the new Culver's in town for supper. Today's flavor was caramel fudge swirl with cookie dough. It was delicious. Then I stopped by the gym to say high. I sat out on the deck for a while but got tired of the wind blowing on me.

The thrill-o-meter isn't registering much tonight.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Ole Curby! :lol: How's the hot water situation? I am a total monster if I can't have a lonnnnnnng hooooooot shower! I haven't had Culvers custard in so long... #LivingVicariouslyThoughYou!

This week isn't so bad, LOL. I'm working through a bunch of crap related to quarterly certifications for our managing directors and covering for my two colleagues who are out, but somehow, well, it's almost OK. Still applying for jobs left and right though! I submitted an app for one around eight o'clock last night that I'd be perfect for. Why haven't they hired me yet?! :cheeky:

Tonight I'll go back to The North Estate. Tomorrow I have a call with an in-house recruiter in the morning and the client for The Townhouse That Will Not Sell in the afternoon. In between I need to pack up my outstanding orders and answer a couple of questions for people. But then... I have to go and pick up the three flats of aprons (that I'm now 1,000,000% freaked out about!!!) and... uh... two large sets of dishes that I got so cheap I just couldn't resist. One of them is a Christmas set and they seem to sell really well so hopefully come new years I'm not still sitting on a big pile of plates with Christmas trees on them!

Alright; much to do and not enough hours to do it. Off I go!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results