carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, oh no to the curbing! Itmreally doesn't look that bad though -- and having curbed two wheels on my last 911 I KNOW what a bad curbing looks like, LOL! You and I are both having teeth problems... ugh. I bit down on something yesterday at work and I felt a shooting pain in one of my lower left molars. It kept me up off and on all night. I called the dentist first thing this morning and he can't see me until next Tuesday so I went to Walgreens and got seventy eight dollars worth of ambasol and cup of soup (I'm afraid to eat anything real!) and who knows what else. Let's hope the pain stays at bay until I can get to the dentist!

Aside from the Walgreens trip, I packed up two orders that came in over night, took everything to the post office, and then took the ferals so the eldest one could get a haircut, made a swing through Kohl's to get them swim shirts because part of the weekend's adventure involves a water park, and finally went through the Culver's drive through for milkshakes. I wasn't really sure I would be able to have a milkshake but I kept the coldness well away from the sore tooth and it worked out OK. So now my diet consists of cup of soup and milkshakes. Super. Tomorrow Liam is going to work in the morning and I'll work on getting us together for the journey.

And... guess who may have just placed an order for the stone we were texting about... I blame this all on you! :cheeky: No idea how I'll set it; I guess I need to get it first and see if I even LIKE it! There is a gem show coming up at the end of August/beginning of September and maybe I'll see if anything there strikes my fancy. I've never done that before, and I do worry about ending up with lousy prongs, but for the right price I might be willing to give it a go. First though, the thing needs to make it's way around the globe and I have to decide if I even like it!

OK, off to clean up the kitchen a little. Apparently while I was trying to catch a little nap since I didn't sleep last night Liam and the ferals had a pizza. Oy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I'll take the "credit" for that stone if you "love" it. If not; then I had absolutely nothing to do with it. That's just the way I roll (and Marty would say I'm not hip enough to talk that way.) The upcoming gem show sounds fun. You never know what you'll find. I went to a gem show in Denver once; it was just okay. The Tuscon gem show was quite fun though. Soooooo many gorgeous stones but I had my mind set on a tsavorite and I stuck to that goal.

That sucks about your tooth. Is the ambasol working? I have heard whisky works on babies when they are teething. Of course giving a baby alcohol is probably why I never had kids. Good luck eating for the next few days. Glad to hear your Culver's shake worked okay. I picked up some Cold Stone cake batter ice cream on the way home tonight. I froze half of it. I literally feel your pain. My temp is still sore - don't know if it is from the 2 shots on the inside there or that the tooth broke off under the gum so it's like a air pocket or what. When I looked at it in the mirror (as well as you can inside your mouth) it looks kind of open at the gum. It is bugging me right now. I usually eat dry cheerios at work for breakfast; I took some milk with me today. Made it WAY easier to eat. I think I kind of grit my teeth while sleeping so I keep waking up because that sore spot starts hurting. Why oh why us????

Oh no you had some curbing incidents with your first 911. I hadn't done any damage (I have hit curbs since then though) for over 4 years. That scrape looks worse at the top of the tire than the bottom. I will contact my salesman and see if they have any kind of touch up paint for it. My red A6 got "curbed" so many times at least 2 of the wheels were maybe 3/4 scraped up in places and the other 2 were maybe 1/3 to 1/2 trashed. They told us we had to get them fixed before we traded. They had a guy come in and and we paid him to fix them; they looked amazing. I have his phone number and might call him. It was very reasonable what he charged us.

The water park sounds fun this weekend. I guess we are taking one of Marty's clients to Fort Collins tomorrow to get a MRI. She got rear-ended on Wednesday and was taken to the hospital; she doesn't have a car so she asked Marty to take her. I honestly don't care for this lady; she is really pushy and pretty mouthy - reminds me of my former employee Negative Nellie. I sure as heck ain't staying home though. Maybe we can go to my favorite kitchen store when she is getting her MRI. Marty promised me my favorite steak house down there then for dinner.

My day in the office was broke up by a luncheon for a lady who was quitting today. It was fun and got me out of the office for over 2 hours. Sweet.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ewe - bug

Bug.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how is your tooth doing? I hope you are surviving the weekend and drinking plenty of shakes. I picked up bing cherries this morning and decided after eating the second one I probably shouldn't be chewing cherries down to the pit in my mouth. So I cut the cherries off and nicked my index finger with the knife. I've had worse. Ha Ha.

Our trip to Fort Collins was fine. We dropped that lady off at the hospital and went to that kitchen store. We didn't get much but did spend about $170. I picked up new pot holders, a gift set to keep on hand if I need something at the last minute, some mini spatulas - I have one and Marty always seems to have used it when I want it. We got a cool cutting board that is a map of Wyoming - I plan on using it for a hot pad not a cutting board. I also picked up some of the baking ingredients and Marty got some hot sauce. It's a fun store.

After we picked up that lady we went to our favorite steak house and ate. As I mentioned yesterday I am not a huge fan of this lady and she didn't do anything yesterday to change my opinion. We drove her there and back and she didn't offer to buy Marty's dinner, didn't even offer to buy her own dinner or kick in some cash for a tip or gas. My parents would spin in their graves if I didn't pay for everyone's dinner if they took me somewhere as a favor. It's not the money it's the principle. Okay, I'll quit ranting. Today I went and checked Marty's business accounting and some payments keep getting rejected which he didn't know, this gal we took to Colorado yesterday hasn't been listed for months - so I'm like I don't see any payments from her. She and one of the guys pay cash and he hasn't got that put in account yet. I shut up after pointing out some of these people are getting your coaching for free. He has invoices set up to automatically go out; I don't know if he gets notices they paid or if their credit card was rejected. Oh well.

We finished the Bosch series on Prime last night. This morning I went to the grocery store, took some flower photos and lifted. Marty is grilling us filet and corn on the cob., I thawed out 2 brownies to make us a brownie sundae for dessert.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how is your tooth doing? I hope you are surviving the weekend and drinking plenty of shakes. I picked up bing cherries this morning and decided after eating the second one I probably shouldn't be chewing cherries down to the pit in my mouth. So I cut the cherries off and nicked my index finger with the knife. I've had worse. Ha Ha.

Our trip to Fort Collins was fine. We dropped that lady off at the hospital and went to that kitchen store. We didn't get much but did spend about $170. I picked up new pot holders, a gift set to keep on hand if I need something at the last minute, some mini spatulas - I have one and Marty always seems to have used it when I want it. We got a cool cutting board that is a map of Wyoming - I plan on using it for a hot pad not a cutting board. I also picked up some of the baking ingredients and Marty got some hot sauce. It's a fun store.

After we picked up that lady we went to our favorite steak house and ate. As I mentioned yesterday I am not a huge fan of this lady and she didn't do anything yesterday to change my opinion. We drove her there and back and she didn't offer to buy Marty's dinner, didn't even offer to buy her own dinner or kick in some cash for a tip or gas. My parents would spin in their graves if I didn't pay for everyone's dinner if they took me somewhere as a favor. It's not the money it's the principle. Okay, I'll quit ranting. Today I went and checked Marty's business accounting and some payments keep getting rejected which he didn't know, this gal we took to Colorado yesterday hasn't been listed for months - so I'm like I don't see any payments from her. She and one of the guys pay cash and he hasn't got that put in account yet. I shut up after pointing out some of these people are getting your coaching for free. He has invoices set up to automatically go out; I don't know if he gets notices they paid or if their credit card was rejected. Oh well.

We finished the Bosch series on Prime last night. This morning I went to the grocery store, took some flower photos and lifted. Marty is grilling us filet and corn on the cob., I thawed out 2 brownies to make us a brownie sundae for dessert.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, you have lots of cool new stuff on your site. Sweet.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I was really pleased with the result and the price when I had my wheels fixed after The Curbing Incident so hopefully the guy you used before will come through for you again. That lady didn't even offer to pay for dinner or kick in a little $$$ for gas or anything?! That's pretty nervy! I'm the same way and you and your dad! Hopefully Marty really is getting paid by these people (including this lady) because he definitely deserves to be compensated for his services.

We all survived the Michigan trip... but it was touch and go for a bit, especially for the little whiny dog! He has this high pitched whine that just goes right through your brain and it started about half an hour from home. We tried everything (every person in the car held him in their lap at one point, including Liam -- and he was DRIVING!) but nothing we did worked. Finally I took a little bit of meat left over from the younger feral's sandwich and rolled up a benedryl and gave it to him. It worked a bit, but not as much as we'd hoped. That night we put the kennel with the two dogs in the room with the kids and the younger one came into our bedroom about two in the morning and was like, you have to help us, Sunny Just Won't Stop. So we brought him in bed with us and I slept with him next to me. We had to do the same thing the second night too. Fortunately he was better on the drive home, but I swear we were read to stop at an animal shelter and leave him!!!

The water park was a success and all three of them are sore from the activity! While The Boys were off water parking my friends and I went to lunch, did some antique malls, and ran by to see a lady my friend used to live near. She's 91 and just as sharp as a tack. May we all be so lucky!

I had three orders to pack up when I got home and I've got two more this morning before I go to the post office. Things are really hopping! Since we were home just after noon yesterday I did take pictures for four listings that I need to pick up, and last Friday I got a boatload of really beautiful blue glass at an estate sale (two cabinets full!) so I want to get that posted at some point because it's just stunning. I picked up two small lots at last night's one auction, but they shouldn't be a big deal, and I'll swing by after I go to the post office today and get those.

OK, off to the showers because I also need to do some real work today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sounds like your weekend trip was fun! That's too bad Sunny didn't enjoy the trip or weekend; he definitely must not like car rides. Pets seem to be funny that way - either love them or hate them. Glad he calmed down and slept with you okay.

That is good your curbing incident was easily erased by the wheel expert. They save us! I think I will give that wheels guy a call; it's bugs me knowing that scrape is there. Yes, I thought that was pretty nervy of that lady too. I thought of downloading Marty's bank statements and check deposits versus number of clients but maybe I don't want to know.

Was there any glassware you like at the antique malls? That is awesome about the 91 year old lady. Yes, we would all be lucky to be like her.

I did check out your site before coming here. Lots of cool stuff there. I keep hoping to see GG or BB in the background so I can order it and say I want the props too. Ha Ha. I will watch for the blue glasses. I am glad sales are steady.

Speaking of which - how are GG and BB?

Not much new here. I picked up a burger and baked potato for supper. I ate a peach as well. It wasn't quite ripe but I ate it anyway. Trying to eat better.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, at one of the malls I bought two sets of glasses that were vastly underpriced (as opposed to most of the rest of the stuff, which was vastly OVERpriced!), and a few things for myself (of course!). I've got pics ready for some listings, but I haven't had time to put them up yet. GG and BB are good, but I keep forgetting to bring any jewelry with me into the city to wear to work because I've got it all hidden away at TR's. I have a funny email about the grey spinel from the seller. I'll text it to you. At first I was like W...T...F...?! But once I thought about it it made a lot of sense.

Yesterday I had a burst of productivity from about 2 to 7. Wow--it's amazing what you can get done in five hard hours! Liam took the ferals home and then we met a guy in the Meijer parking lot to look at a 1986 944. I'm wasn't sold on it... and once Liam looked a few things up (like the crazy whining noise it makes when you turn the key!!!) I think he's going to take a pass.

This morning I drove Billy Ray in! I did get to 105 on a clear stretch right where I get on the highway up north, but then it was into regular ol' traffic. Today I'm seeing the dentist at 11:15 -- yay! Tonight Liam is coming into the city and we're having dinner with friends.

OK, off to do some work now that I have access to big monitors and printers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay that's great you found some under priced glasses at the antique mall. Even better you found some things for yourself.

Glad to hear GG and BB are doing good and not a bad idea to leave your treasures hidden at TR's place. That is pretty clever about the spinel; you wonder how many incidents led to them trying something different.

Nice to have a burst of energy; yes you can get a lot done then. Sweet.

That's too bad the 944 wasn't a keeper. Those are good looking cars.

Challenge accepted. I only got up to 104 last week! I am sure Billy Ray was purring along at that speed. Sweet.

How did the dentist go? Hopefully you'll feel better in a few days. Stupid teeth problems.

Isn't it fun to have access to a big monitor and big printer? My monitor is an iMac; it's pretty nice.

I hope you had fun at dinner.

I went out and snipped off dead flowers again tonight. The flowers are doing well so I have to do it every couple of days. That's a good thing!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, Liam has purple balloon flowers (at least I think that's what they are!) out by the front door and I just noticed the other day how many dead ones there are. I need to take a page from the book of Curby and go out there and take care of them. They are so pretty and add a nice spot of color to the front area!

The dentist yesterday was meh. He shot some air around in my mouth to confirm there was "nerve engagement" (buddy, I could have told you that!) and then took an xray and 3-D image. Next week I'll be setting an endodontist for a consult on a root canal. Ugh. The worst part is the tooth thing is giving me a headache too and I can't figure out what to take to make it go away!

Liam came down last night and we went to dinner with friends up by their place. It was fun... but there was A LOT of garlic involved. I'm not a huge garlic fan, and I feel sorry for anyone who has to talk face-to-face with me today, LOL.

I've got a lot to do, including cleaning up my office in general because I keep just piling things on top of other things and I really need to get better organized. So that's the mission for the day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, it is amazing how much better flowers do when you pick off the dead ones on a regular basis. My mom was always out there every morning tending to her many flowers and you could tell she had a green thumb. I will try every other day. I will look up balloon flowers, not sure what they look like.

Well crap you need a root canal. Blowing air in you mouth sounds painful. Ugh to having a headache from it. I hope they can get you in soon and you can get your root canal behind you. Stupid teeth problems.

I am glad you had fun with friends last night. I’m not big on garlic either, Marty loves it. I have to cover my face in bed sometimes after he’s eaten lots of garlic or onions, those smells linger.

How did organizing go today? We are moving emails from Outlook to Gmail and I tried to read he info first and got bored so switched to videos and those out me right out. I might learn the old fashioned way. On the job training. I see some things that aren’t moving over could be a problem. Group calendars I have arranged for infinity on rotations, etc don’t appear to transfer.

I was sure relieved not to find a wrapped cheese slice on my front porch this morning. There was seriously one there yesterday. Strange, eh?

laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, what's this about a cheese slice... ? Could there be kids in the neighborhood that played a prank? Or maybe with your mad wind out there a package of Kraft singles fell out of someone's cart at the grocery store and the wind distributed the slices around the state, ha ha! Here's a funny story about Bill and garlic. When we were first married we went to this French restaurant by us all the time and he always got the coq au vin. The garlic level was always rather high, but one time it was INSANE. I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't take the garlic breath in the bedroom so I tried putting the covers over my head, but eventually I had to move into the living room and went back to sleep on the couch. Bill woke up and came looking for me. I could smell him coming down the hall! I wouldn't get near him for two days, LOL.

Yesterday I got quite a bit of work done. And then the phone upgrade started... We just cannot let a new piece of technology come out without giving it to everyone in the firm. Well I am behind in my phone upgrade, and since I'm only in the office now two days a week it was hard for IT to find a time to connect with me so the they just gave me the phone and sent me instructions on how to set it up and move everything over. Children do this, right? So I -- a 50 year old fully competent professional adult -- should be able to handle it too... yes? NO! I was still struggling with the process (I got hung up on step two!) at five o'clock another one of the IT guys stopped by to say hi was was like, what are you doing with all those phones? (I had my personal phone, my old work phone and my new work phone spread out on my desk.) When I told him what was going on he took over -- thank god! It still ended up being almost seven pm by the time he could get my email to sync. If it was me, I'd have had to spend the night under my desk! Anyway, it got done and I was SUPER grateful! Then I drove Billy Ray back up north and here I am!

Not much exciting today. I have a work call from four to five, and I'm waiting for someone to call me back on a policy, but otherwise I'm going to work on listings for a bit and see if I can make any more progress on the dining room.

According to the tracking my spinel is supposed to be delivered on Friday. I had it sent to my condo because the receiving room will sign for it as I was afraid it would show up here at a time I was out running an errand or something and then I'd miss the delivery, so now I won't get it until Monday. That's OK; at least I know it will be safely in the receiving room. I'm hoping I love it, and I'm really hoping it's big enough! Just under 9 mm sound good in theory, but you know I'm a bit size ho!

Ok, off to get this show on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am glad IT came along and set up your phone. I’ve had great luck and awful luck doing that. Just seems to depend. The new IPad I bought in May was a cinch. I just sat them by each other and told the old one to copy to the new one. Magic!

Speaking of magic that cheese seemed to have appeared from no where. I keep checking to see if I find another one or at least they leave some wine with my cheese. I even checked the camera footage to see if I saw anyone out there. That one camera is inside the house so doesn’t get anything other than the inside screen at night. I agree the wind is the most likely suspect. Strange though.

Stupid garlic lingering.

I will try and remember to check your site tonight for new things plus enjoying looking at everything else.

Good idea sending your spinel t-shirt to your condo. I am very anxious to hear what you think. It’s a great price and wow to such fast shipping. 9mm sounds big to me but i have short fingers. They go with my T Rex arms. I might browse their spinels if you love yours. I had a very pretty pink oval spinel but sold it in one of my jewelry liquidation sales to buy something else.

Marty and I were shooting the moon last night - literally. We took some pictures of the moon in between clouds and the sky still blue. Then when it got dark we tried again. I am amazed at how my handheld shot turned out. Marty used a tripod and his details on the moon are slightly better but not by a lot. When I would have taken a picture of the moon through a telescope I’d have been delighted to get the shot I got last night. We plan on trying Friday night since it will be a full moon that night.

I started a new book which is keeping me busy. Keeps me from watching stupid videos.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My moon photo
541562EC-3840-43B7-8C36-A3BB0D7F3A87.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, that pic of the moon is AMAZING!!! It looks like you could reach right up and touch it! My T-shirt delivery, which previously said tomorrow, now keeps saying "check back tomorrow for an updated delivery estimate" when I try to track the progress. I guess that super fast shipping was too good to be true.

Yesterday I was a laundry maven. Five loads, all washed, dried, folded and put away! I have no idea where all that laundry even came from because I do it constantly, but there were two loads of just whites, which I save up and do together, so I must have gotten behind on that. I also took a few pictures and put up five listings last night (which you probably saw, LOL). Today I am going to take photos until the cows come home. There weren't any estate sales that really compelled me this week so I'm not adding to The Pile today... although there is an auction tomorrow. Unfortunately all the blue stuff I bought last week needs to be washed before I can photograph it, which adds a ton of time, but it is what it is. I also want to run by Home Depot and see if I can get a tension rod and some sheers for the kitchen window to keep from being blinded in the late afternoon, and I have one order (so far) that I need to pack up and run to the post office. The excitement here just never ends!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you - I would have been thrilled getting that nice of a picture of the moon through my telescope and on film. Digital cameras are so much better!

Darn that your t-shirt delivery is delayed. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Isn't it annoying how quickly laundry can pile up? I usually try to do a batch during the week but never got that accomplished this week. Darn.

Did the cows come home? I'll check out your site expecting new products. Darn that the blue glasses require washing. Good idea to get some sheers up at that window. I must admit I miss having a window to look out from the kitchen sink; I face the TV now. I can look out our window if I look left though. We have a small window in our front door that this time of year lines up just right so the sun is right in my eye. It also lines up just right sometimes I can see the moon or Venus through it too. So it's not all bad.

Had weird problems at work today which reminds me I need to log in and check something.

Marty's brother has to start chemo again; apparently his cancer has spread again. I was going to send them a check this weekend for part of a beach house we were all renting for the fall of 2022 but don't know if I should now. I kind of hate to ask Marty too; I'll see if the subject comes up this weekend.

BTW - while I accepted the 105 challenge I have been hampered by people going only the speed limit or under; but I'll get back to you. There was a sheriff out here on the outer loop I come home on tonight; glad I wasn't speeding then. My engine control fault popped up again. I called the Porsche repairman today and he said he's had others call him about that this week too. Apparently it remains a known issue that doesn't have a fix.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I'm sorry to hear Marty's brother has to start chemo again. Good idea to hold off on the beach house check; maybe it will just come up in conversation and then you'll have a better idea of what to do. My delivery is now "expected" on Tuesday by 7 pm. We'll see. It was last tracked at the airport in Dubai. Whatever is going on with the engine light is super annoying; I hope they get that figured out for you!

Yesterday I ran to the auction early and got a few things... including ANOTHER set of dishes. I need to write on my arm "No More Dishes!" when I go to these auctions and that way when I put my hand up with my bid number I would see it and (hopefully!... maybe... ?!) pull my hand back down, LOL. Everything I wanted went early so I was home by 11 and I hopped into the shower and got to picture taking. I photographed all of the blue and took it downstairs. Only four of the listings are up at this point, but I can keep working on them this week. Today I am at it again... The ferals will come tonight, and tomorrow morning I'm heading downtown.

Better get moving, those glasses aren't going to take pictures of themselves!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good idea on leaving the beach house check alone until it comes up in conversation. I made myself a calendar appointment for next June - I should know more by then. It is pretty sad he has to start chemo again; stage 4 lung cancer isn't a good place to be.

Hoping your t-shirt shows up Tuesday. I am quite anxious to see what you think of it.

I bet it is easy to get caught up in the moment at auctions. No more dishes? Good luck with that! I'll check your page later to see your new things. I can totally see the spaghetti glasses we had when we were kids.

We went out for breakfast then went to the grocery store,. Marty is grilling burgers for us and I am making us some mixed fruit and put out cottage cheese to go with them.

I need to send off my article for the newspaper today but I'm done with lifting and laundry so the rest of the day is MINE. Dishes and not much else. It is so smoky no way do I want to try taking pictures outside.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It's another hot day in the west - and smoky. I forgot to put my ear plugs in and got "startled" awake about 4 am when Marty's alarm went off. My heart quit pounding enough I could fall asleep again about 5:30. I slept an extra hour and showed up late at work. What a way to start the day! Amazing how much quicker I can get to ready for work if I don't pick up my cell phone and start browsing. I stopped by the bank after work and picked up a cashier's check for a memorial check to send for one of my uncles. I have a burger baking (yes I am that lazy I don't want to do dishes) but am looking forward to my dessert - Marty picked up some cinnamon swirl bread for me in Colorado today. Mmm. I already ate my plate or raw veggies.

Marty's shoulder surgery is August 17 - he has to keep that arm immobile for 5-6 weeks. Sounds fun, eh? I have a doctor's appointment August 5th. I think I need to get some things "checked".

Maybe your t-shirt will arrive tomorrow.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, is it t-shirt yet? I don’t have anything on its way to me to I’m living vicariously through you. :D

I thought I had an open road this morning but I only got up to 85 before catching up with a delivery truck. I am working on my challenge though.

Our annual rodeo week is underway so be town is rather crowded with tourists. I avoid most of the festivities being a local and all. I do plan on watching the Thunderbirds tomorrow morning though.

I’m bored at work and cold. Bummer.

laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the T-shirt arrived around 11 am so I walked home at lunch at got it! The stone is growing on me... but I wish it was bigger. I looked up the measurements of Uni though, and this one is only .08 mm shorter and over 2 mm wider, and once that was set it was plenty big so maybe I need to go plunk it in some settings and see how it looks. I'm trying to remember if there a Kays or a Jared's or something like that near Liam that I could run into. How fun that the rodeo is in town! And I do love watching the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels whenever I have the chance too. Poor Marty -- I bet being immobilized after the surgery is going to drive him crazy!

Yesterday I worked until around 8 pm. When I got home I put up two listings and finally went to sleep around 10. I must have been tired because I got up to pee in the middle of the night, but when I woke up again this morning it was after 8!

I'm working through something today that I should be done with, but I keep getting interrupted. Argh. Better get back to it or this thing is going to drag on for.ev.er.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, glad you got your t shirt. I hope there is something like a Jared’s near Liam’s house. They have lots of settings. I can’t see it in anything other than white gold or platinum. But that’s why you try It out in settings. Fun!!

I totally love watching the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels. They used to alter every other year who came for Frontier Days but then it became just the Thunderbirds. It’s over a week of fun or try to avoid the crowds.

Yes, Marty won’t do well being immobilized that long. Wish both of us luck!!!! Yay for sleeping that long last night. I only got up once as well.

I hope you got your chore / project done today.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Thunderbirds. Marty got this shot. B51C3791-8019-4CBD-B146-7977178B73B3.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

I got up at 6 and had to run the trash can out for pickup. Then I went back to bed only to be rudely woke up by my friendly neighborhood barking dog. Sigh. It's our local "Day" which includes a free pancake breakfast (which is actually very good) but I made my own pancake and had a peach with it. Then I ventured outside to watch for planes. The Thunderbirds started at about 10. I shot a few videos with my phone but Marty brought out his camera with zoom lens and got some pictures. The sky is so hazy from smoke it was hard to find them at times but I always enjoy the show. We saw the B52 flyby as well; but didn't get a decent picture of it since it was so far away. A B-1 Bomber was supposed to fly over as well but if it did we didn't see it. I dead headed our flowers while I was outside, got most of the club's newsletter done for August and did a batch of laundry. I did my lifting as well so for being lazy today I was busy. We ordered Door Dash for lunch and had burgers delivered. I got myself a double and cut it in half so I can use the other half for lunch tomorrow. I debated baking cookies but hated to heat the house up for something I shouldn't be eating anyway.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, wow, that picture Marty took is GREAT! I agree the Darth Vader (ha!) will only work in a white metal. I plopped it on top of Uni's original empty setting to see what I though about the contrast of a diamond halo. It's rose gold and even Liam said, uhhhh... I don't think that looks too good.

Today I have to go over all the paperwork people submitted to me after the seven zoom calls I had yesterday (ugh!) and then start hunting people down who haven't done their quarterly certifications yet.

I made some progress in the dining room yesterday, including finally setting up the printer I bought a while ago, which got that giant box out of the way. I washed a bunch of things with the hope of taking photos today, but for the life of me I can't find a set of pink bowls that go with the pink plates I bought them with. I know I have them because I took a specific picture of one pink plate and one pink bowl at a lady's request and sent it to her a few weeks ago. Oh well, I'm sure they'll turn up!

Better get cracking here today so I can clear up all the work work and then get to the things I actually want to do!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, first I need to say "challenge accomplished!" 108 this morning.

I like the name Darth Vadar - I am anxious to see it plus what setting you find.

Yay for dealing with quarterly certifications. Hopefully that goes smoothly. We are switching from Outlook to Gmail in the middle of August, I keep trying to watch the training videos but my mind wanders. I figure I'll wing it - which may or may not be a wise idea. What do I care if I miss emails?

I'll watch for new pictures on your site. I've chipped or broke a few of our every day dishes and just happened to get a discount off email today from Mikasa so I will see about replacing them. Our pattern is no longer available but I bought some plain white pieces to go with it as well and that's mostly what I need to replace. I bought 12 pieces of each so I'm good either way.

Work was rather busy today so my day zipped by. I stopped by the cemetery on the way home and had my mind set on a BLT for supper - Marty was frying bacon when I left this morning so I thought ooh that would be good for supper with a peach. Well, sadly he fried up all the bacon this morning. So I had a taco / nacho bowl without lettuce since we didn't have any but I had tomatoes.

Marty was going to get his prescription filled today for his surgery - check out his supply - he figured it would last him 129 years. I told him we could sell it and retire somewhere. Too funny!! At least he doesn't get a refill.

Curby

580000.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, you make me want to get Bill Ray out on the open road and go vroom vroom!!!! That prescription is... um... crazy! I really hope you presented that to the pharmacist just to see the look on his or her face, ha ha. Darth Vader hasn't see the light(saber!) of day since I brought him home, I've been so busy. Need to get that stone out again and play around!

Yesterday I was all about the estate sales! There was one only a few miles from us that had some glasses I really wanted so I went there crazy early and just parked the car and hung out. It was productive; I did my makeup, ate yogurt and adjusted pictures for four listings before they ever came out with numbers! In the hour in between giving out numbers and letting us in the door I ran to Meijer to get gas and bought donuts for the ladies at the estate sale and also a dozen for those of us standing around in line. I did get the glasses there, and then I headed to another sale that can only be descripted as "in the middle of Bunfvck." I got everything I wanted there too, and I ran into some friend's of Liam's that I see almost every weekend now at one sale or another. And fiannnnnnnly, I went to another town where I had an "appointment" at a private estate sale. There was some very specific stemware I wanted in three sizes, and the tallest ones had sold by the time I got there, but I came away with three flats of glass or less than $20 so it was well worth the trip. Plus, I had some time to kill before my appointment so I stopped in the local town square, had ice cream for lunch (!) and walked around to all the little shops. It was very pleasant!

Today we're taking the elder feral to Iowa, where is brother as been for the past several days. Tonight we'll spend some time at the fair before we drive back. A very wholesome midwestern "family" outing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you get Billy Ray out to run wild and free this weekend? How about Darth Vadar? I took a few flower photos this morning but other than that I've been mostly lazy today. Marty got up early and went out to the wilderness to take pictures. I'm just not that ambitious. He ended up walking through a creek so came home with soaked feet and pant legs.

Glad to hear you got the glasses you wanted at the first estate sale and nice of you to provide donuts. I picked up mini bagels last weekend at the store - I find bagels a bit too chewy but what a great way to have an excuse to eat cream cheese. Sounds like estate sale #2 and #3 were productive as well plus you enjoyed a pleasant day and some ice cream. That's a win win!

Going to the fair today does sound like a very mid western family outing. Our fair starts next week - they have pig wrestling as one of the events; it is pretty funny to watch. While I refer to putting on fitted sheets as pig wrestling I swear what they do looks easier.

Not much going on with us. Marty got his "40" pain pills yesterday. I am sure the insurance company and pharmacy would question his original prescription. I watched a few movies this weekend, have the newsletter for August ready to post on the club's website, have the laundry mostly done and am waiting for Marty to grill steaks for us. I have rice a roni cooking in the microwave and need to get out some raw veggies. I already took care of pulling out our last 2 brownies to accompany some ice cream for dessert. You know, the important things first!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I'm not much of a bagel fan either, but every once in a while I do like a cinnamon raison one toasted with some butter. Pig wrestling sounds like a hoot to watch! And I hear ya on the sheets, especially with the sleigh bed footboard on Liam's king size. Changing the sheets is a real CHORE. Billy Ray hasn't been out and about lately, but I did play with Darth Vader a little and it's growing on me. I think seeing it in a setting that actually works will make a world of difference.

On Saturday we went over to Iowa. Liam had something to drop off for his cousin so we left the older feral with his brother and the grandparents and headed out. I had no real desire to stand around while Liam and Ken talked about whatever man thing they had to discuss so I was dropped off at the little downtown area to do some shopping. I walked into a thrift store in town and there was a case of glassware. And in that case was a set of six of the glasses I had gotten up at the a$$ crack of dawn to buy the morning before. For a buck apiece. I swear I've never seen these before and now this happened two days in a row?!? You can't make this stuff up!

The fair was fun and we won some gold fish... one of whom departed for the great tank in the sky overnight, but the other three have settled right in. The youngest feral road a bunch of the rids (the older one is now "too cool for school" and has no interested in that sort of thing) and there was much junk food consumed. I had a ball at the petting zoom and got to feed and pet all the animals, although the goats are a bit too aggressive for my taste. I ended up driving Liam's truck home because he was really tired. That's the first I've driven it since a small drive right when he got it. Man, that thing is a monster!

Yesterday I washed glasses and took pictures and did a little general cleaning up. The younger feral decided at 10:30 last night that he wanted ramen noodles, which always results in a dirty pan, bowl and spoon left in the kitchen as well as little bits of the dried noodles and the spic pack stuff all over the counter. I was like, NOPE. Have some cereal or something else I don't have go deal with in any major way as we now approach 11 pm! Needless to say I was less than popular, LOL.

Today I have to do my HR appraisals. I haven't even opened the system yet this year and they are due by 5 pm. Ugh. Better get hopping!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results