carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good idea to wave at any drone flying overhead; you never know these days who is watching.

Your road trip to Ohio sounds fun. I checked out that glass museum online; looks like you'll have a blast there. Nice!

I bet you are filling the basement with glassware. You are not only going to need a larger wagon for estate sales and auctions but you are also going to need a larger SUV. You are a regular shopping machine. That is interesting you found those glasses like my mom had in pink; I definitely didn't know they had them in that color. Pink would have matched her pink flower china.

Did you bring home a lot of treasures today?

I am with you on bad knees today. We picked up flowers this morning then planted them. My right knee is not only talking to me right now; it's yelling at me. But hey the flowers are planted. Our little sprinkler system for the 11 flower pots needed an upgrade which Marty sadly Marty decided to do that after we planted the flowers. He also forgot we put rocks in the bottom of the pots so Marty had problems getting the wider hose through the bottom of the pots but he got them all done. Looks like it will water the pots better than what we had and the hoses don't have connectors so if someone moves a pot it won't snap off the hose. He still has to hide about 3/4 of the hose under the rocks but after working out there from about 10 to 4 he was done for the day. I didn't snip off the flowers yet but will do that tomorrow. We saw another Macan that looked like mine on our way downtown to eat; it wasn't a GTS though. I didn't know I had a twin in town.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, the other 911s that I see out here are few and far between, and I can't think of any in Billy Ray's color, but it is fun to find another one on road. If I saw his twin I'd probably honk and wave and generally make a full of myself! Good for you (and Marty!) for getting all that gardening done! As for thinking of changing the watering system; isn't the always the way? The instant something is done you're like, oh... I wanted to switch that up... Ugh.

Yesterday reached about 8.75 on a scale of 10 in terms of miserableness there at the end. I bought an abolute sh!tload of stuff. That's a technical auction term BTW, LOL. Two full sets of dishes (or was it three -- I can't remember) and so much other stuff that if I had one more glass or plate or bowl Liam would have had to come and help me because I would have been completely out of room! There were eight boxes, six of which were already packed (e.g., the dishes), two of which I got from the guys and packed myself with stuff, and then four big plastic bins I had brought that I packed full. It was well over 90 degrees and sunny. I put sunscreen on my face yesterday morning, but neglected the rest of me... and I am Burned. To. A. Crisp. My arms, my neck/chest, my ears -- I swear even my eyelids are sunburned!!! It took me HOURS to pack up at the end and there was no shade whatsoever. I called Liam when I was taking a break from the bubble wrapping and packing and told him what the situation was and he called me back a bit later but I had put my phone on the dashboard so it wouldn't get lost in the fray and it got so hot I wouldn't work (you know when it just gets that picture of the red thermometer on the screen!?!) so it didn't ring He said he was thinking of driving over there because I sounded so miserable and he was afraid I'd collapsed of heat stroke or something! It also didn't help that I wasn't good about drinking water because I didn't want to visit the porta potty beyond the first trip (when it was still clean and relatively cool in there because I could only imagine if it was 90 outside it was about A Hundred And Ninety in there... and who knows what it would smell like. ACK!!!!!). Anyway, enough of my b!tching because I did come home with a complete carload of stuff -- for $237.50. I seriously though the lady had made a mistake and had her add up my number again to be sure. That's the way it goes though; stuff can be ridiculously cheap. I bought Wedgewood service for 18, plus all the serving pieces for FOUR DOLLARS. And frankly I may have been able to get it for less but I was tired of standing there by then so I started "paying up" on things to keep it all moving.

While I was waiting for them to get through the first row of hay racks yesterday I sat in the shade by the barn and got the photos all ready for seven or eight listings from the day before, so I can post those any time now. It really is a time consuming process and I'm glad I made good use of those few hours because otherwise I would have just been sitting there reading a book. You'll have lots to check out once I get those up!

Liam just brought me up coffee and a big pile of bacon -- bacon in bed is the best! I need to run through the shower, slap on some aloe vera gel, and get to work. It's going to be a looooong day. But at least I'll be in the air conditioning with nice bathroom facilities!

Later gator!

ETA: I just had to go back and edit this twice because my brain and my fingers aren't communicating well this morning. Sorry if you got three notifications on this post!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no - you got sun-burnt so bad yesterday. I hope aloe and lotion helps. That's a great technical term for making a haul at an auction. It sounds like you were challenged to get everything in your car. Glad you made it though. I imagine it did take a really long time to get everything packed in your car. That's kind of nuts your phone overheated and quit working. That's something I haven't experienced but I have run in to it's too cold for a camera to work. I bet Liam was ready to send a drone out to look for you as well. You are going to start having dreams now people are watching you. Ha Ha. I don't blame you for wanting to avoid the porta potties; they get nasty quickly as the day goes on. It does sound like you got a ton of stuff for a little over $200. You'll be busy for weeks getting everything washed, photographed and posted online. I saw you were back to 4 pages of items yesterday. I generally check out your site every night. I am glad you are doing well with it and enjoying finding new treasures to put online.

I totally do the same thing when I see a twin to my car and even another Porsche. They probably think what's up with that crazy lady?

What a deal that Liam brought your coffee and bacon in bed. That's a great way to start the day! We had bacon but at a restaurant. I indulged in pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. Mmm. After we ate we stopped at the grocery store; we split our lists and were out of there in easily under 10 minutes. That's the way to shop!

I am almost done with laundry, I did my Sunday lifting and snipped off most of the flowers in our pots. A few plants either didn't survive the night or got taken out during the replacement of hoses - but generally everything still looked good today. One of the mums or sunflowers sure has big leaves. Until about 10 years ago we had 2 of those big whiskey barrel planers that we use each summer for flowers. My BIL loves to garden so he started us a bunch of flowers one year in his basement. He brings us a tray of little plants, all carefully labeled and in their own little pot. One was significantly larger than the other plants, not labeled and we decided oh it's like a large center plant to add greenery to the pot. A few weeks after planting our flowers that large plant just took over the planter and it stunk to high heaven - it was a stink weed. Ha Ha. Real funny! After the whiskey barrels fell apart from old age we bought the assorted ceramic pots we have now.

I thawed out some sirloin steaks to grill today. It's actually getting hot this week; I even cranked on the ceiling fan. Marty keeps turning the AC to a lower temperature and I keep tweaking it back to a higher temp. I wonder who will win?

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, that is too funny about the stink weed!!! In Liam's house the one winning is the thermostat. It's like HAL. No matter how Liam or I set it, in a few hours we'll be like... "Does it feel warm/cold in here to you?" and we'll look at the screen to see it's on a temperature that neither of us set it at. Like yesterday, it was on "hold" at 76 degrees. Uh... NO. There's no chance we would ever make it out of the grocery store in that short an amount of time. I swear it's a big as a football field -- it take ten minutes just to get back where the milk is, and we ALWAYS need milk!

Yesterday I took some photos, picked up the stuff from an on-line auction earlier in the week and stopped and got a pedicure because I was getting burned out by being The Glass Goddess and needed a little break! We went out and had sushi for dinner. Last night I sat down with a big glass of prosecco and put up about a dozen listings.

Today I've got some training to do and I'm going to ask my assistant to pack my calendar for tomorrow because I'd like to get another chunk of people done. My regular work is starting to feel like a break because I'm at least sitting down and not climbing all over the house taking pictures from strange angles and carrying stuff up and down the stairs and packing up boxes to take to the post office!

The dogs are making a ruckus; I better go see what's happening downstairs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is too funny the termostat is conrolled by Hal. You try to turn the AC up cooler and it says "I'm sorry Dee, I can't do that". I am truly suprised Marty doesn't have all that automatic stuff in our house; we hardly use Siri.

I would imagine your grocery stores are larger than ours. It was amazing we got out of the store that quickly yesterday. We honestly didn't need as much as we normally do. I took the produce / bread side of the store. Marty ventured off to get meat, eggs and milk and we were done. The store closest to us has milk, eggs and juice on the same side as the produce but Marty's greek yogurt and cottage cheese is on the other side of the store. Of course it's also by ice cream so it gives me an excuse to be on that side of the store.

That's great you got a pedicure. Do you know I've never had a manicure or pedicure? I'm always too cheap for that but will blow money elsewhere. Ha Ha. That's a good idea for you to relax for a while.

Good luck with getting lots of people trained. I bet regular work is less work than picture taking, hauling things up and down the stairs and packing up items to ship. I am worn out thinking about it.

What were the dogs warning you about? Or were they just pranking you?

I am utterly bored right now at work. About 1/2 of the things I checked today had issues so I cried, whined, nagged or bitched at the appropriate people to fix them. Since my boss is gone I get to bitch at his other employees too. Fun for me!

Marty was so busy today he never got home to his office from the gym; they are on conference calls all day and the first one started while he was still at the gym. He is going to pick up a new AC unit for the gym and install it. Might be challenging since it's over the front door. The landlord said if Marty bought it he could deduct it off his rent check. Since Marty had to pay so much on taxes for his $2700 profit last year he seems determined to spend any profit he makes this year.

My right knee kept yelling at me off and on all night last night; I'm not too wide away today. I'm wearing my ruby band so at least I have something fun to stare at rather than work.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I have gotten this training thing down to a science -- I did a rough tally one time and between new hire and annual compliance training I've now done virtually the same presentation over 800 times at this firm. I'll be in the old folks home completely senile but I'll be able to repeat this spiel word for word! I can still do the training I used to present when I worked for a different financial institution back in the late '90s, early 2000s: "I am D..... N.... and it's MY job to help you do YOUR job within the bounds of the Federal securities laws, the exchange mandates and the firm's policies and procedures. Please open the binder on the table in front of you and we'll start with the blue tab... " !!!!!

I'm happy to paint my own fingernails, but my toes are another story. Since my back is so jacked up I'm afraid that contorting myself if a way that gets me close enough to actually SEE my toes while painting them is a badddddd idea, LOL.

The dogs bark at passers by, squirrels, other wildlife, the wind, their own shadows... Last night Blue was dead asleep on the floor in the kitchen (he likes to lie behind me while I'm washing glasses, which I'm convinced with result in me tripping and a whole lot of breakage some day!) and one of the neighbors set off some fireworks. He sprang to his feet and started barking like mad. So then of course the little one bolted in from the other room and started barking like mad too. Scared the living pi$$ out of me! The Fourth of July is a real joy around here... NOT!

Yesterday I worked, worked and worked! I also picked up the stuff from the Sunday night auction, including a mid-century punch bowl set in green crinkle glass that conjured memories of my grandmother, ha ha. I really only wanted the glasses but it was a set so now I have a giant green bowl bigger than a basket ball and I need to figure out whether to list it or not because it's heavy as well as huge and shipping will be a b!itch. It's pretty sturdy though so I think it would make it to its final destination perfectly fine if well packed. If the light is good today I'll get that and the glasses listed because they look really cool in the sun. I'd like to get the pink stuff I picked up on Sunday listed too because that's taking up a bunch of space in the dining room. Of course I haven't even touched anything I bought at the sunburn inducing auction on Saturday... and Thursday morning we head out east to buy MORE. Liam assures me this is peak buying season with all the estate sales and auctions and it will slow considerably come fall/winter. I hope that's true or else I'll be buried under a mountain of inventory like the bad witch under the house in the Wizard of Oz. They'll find me in the basement beneath a pile of dishes with only my fuzzy leopard print slippers poking out!!!

Off to get ready for training. It's on zoom so I better make an attempt to beautify myself!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay that is great you have your training down to a science. Makes it way easier. If you’ll excuse the pun I was that way for me teaching astronomy. I gave basically the same lecture every few months so I could do it in my sleep. Now I’ll dig an old lecture out for a program and I forget half of it. Something you repeat 800 times doesn’t fade away quickly.

Good idea to not throw your back out to paint your toenails. I have problems with cutting my toenails. Short arms and unbendy knees don’t work well for that task. I need to find toenail clippers with 15 inch handles. Ha ha.

The dogs are just interested in what’s going on in the world and want you to know it. Too cute Blue likes to sleep behind you while you are washing glasses. And yes I shudder to think of you tripping over him sometime with all of your glasses. I bet getting the dogs going does startle you and the 4th of July won’t be fun.

The mid century punch bowls sounds cool. I truly enjoy seeing the pictures of these items you describe. Lol to “sunburn inducing auction”. That is interesting where auctions and estate sales peak now then fall off during fall and winter. I guess spring cleaning leads to getting rid of everything!!! If you do wind up under a pile of dishes a la Wizard of Oz remember to click the heels of your fuzzy leopard print slippers and say there is no place like home plus watch out for the flying monkeys. I am totally imaging the stacks and piles of glasses everywhere.

We had some big thunderstorms move through here last night. At our house it was all talk but no action. My nephew got pictures of a tornado that touched down just a few miles from where he works in Colorado. I’m eating lunch at work and watching the clock. My stupid Joey keeps dying every 5 minutes so I can’t even catch up on TV.

Speaking of short arms I had to get bird droppings of my windshield and wipe the fog / film off the inside of my car on the windshield which I did last night. I could t reach the center of my windshield outside but I tried. It looked so clean in my garage. This morning I got out of the garage and sunlight hit the windshield and it looks like your dogs licked it everywhere. Damn short arms!!!!

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that was a storm and it just started up again. Got water through 2 windows. Some hail. Torrential rain and it’s continuing now. I’ll send you some videos tomorrow if they won’t post here.

30F7272B-51F3-4AF6-A352-62B1A8719E44.jpeg 76A4D02E-2FDD-4793-80AE-73146D0ECFAB.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, those pictures are super cool, but too bad you had go endure such a storm to get them! Water through the windows... ? Did it come in around the window frames at the wall or where the windows meet (like in the middle where you put windows up/down)? It that something your builder can address? Cleaning the windshield is a big PITA for me too! And it seems like the instant I get it finally truly clean (on the outside) I drive about 3 feet and a giant bug goes SPLAT right in the middle of my field of vision! Argh.

Yesterday I had two calls and then three training sessions. I was tired of hearing myself talk by the time it was over, LOL. I also took pictures for some more listings and got that stuff taken downstairs. I posted everything but one because I still need to finish editing the photos on that last item (the green glasses that go with the giant green bowl). I'd like to get a few more done today in between calls so I could get the credenza behind the dining room table cleared off too, but we'll see if that actually happens.

Tomorrow morning we hit the road for Glass-A-Polluza! I need to do one more load of laundry and get packed. I've also got ten glasses to ship off to a nice lady in Minnesota. Since it's only one box maybe I'll take Billy Ray to the post office. Vroom vroom!

OK, time to get this show on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I forgot to send you my video today - the rain and hail was blowing hard like a blizzard or hurricane. It was nuts! Our windows were post the house build. The big picture window leaked all the time during heavy rains so we kept having the builder come "fix" it while the house was under warranty - they basically put up more caulking but then next summer it'd start leaking again. We finally had a local window company replace it. The new window was leaps and bounds better than what was in our house so we replaced all the windows in the house. They are vinyl but very thick and the window E rating if rated for our climate. The leak comes from a "well" they have at the bottom of the window that they intentionally include where one slit is over a sponge and the other slit is where any build up water runs out. I totally remember Marty telling me the day they were installed there was a drip tray we'd have to clean out at times and I kind of remember asking how the heck are we going to do that in the 2 bedrooms that are not reachable from the outside unless you have a very very tall ladder. Marty had me call the window company today and ask someone to come out and drain them. The guy uses a chisel in the big slot and keeps tapping it to loosen anything "clogging" it up and then the water should drain. Come to find out these 2 windows didn't have the slots lined up properly. The guy actually punched a hole through one of the window frames to which Marty sent me a text saying "that's exactly why I wanted them to come fix them". We paid plenty for the windows so we should get good service from them. They will replace your windows for life if something ever goes wrong with them. A new frame is on order. They make the windows here so hopefully it won't be too long.

Don't you hate the bugs splatting all over your windows? Marty picked me up a tub of car wipes so I can use them for the many bird droppings I get at work. They flock to the many satellite dishes right by my car.

You did have a busy day yesterday; I do hate talking all day as well. I'll check your site later tonight.

Have a blast at the Glass-A-Polluza. Are you taking the pickup so you can fill it with glass treasures to bring home? I will be anxious to hear all about it and see what you get.

It's sunny tonight. Let's hope it stays that way. The flowers are pretty beat up but hopefully they perk up in a few days. I lifted after I got home. I have batch 2 of towels in the wash; strange we used a bunch of towels last night. I guess the airport here (yes we have an airport ha ha) had 2.37 inches of rain last night. I would believe it. It rained most of the evening. Lots of cool lightning too.

I made breakfast for supper and have no idea what I'll take for lunch tomorrow. I am rather sick of some sort of beef sandwiches.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I know you are in seventh heaven right now on your Glass-A-Polloza this weekend. Sweet.

Not only has summer arrived in Wyoming it got HOT really fast. Marty, his sister and a few of the gym gang went hiking this morning. I went and had donuts and water (I don't drink coffee) with some of my dad's buddies. It is amazing the people who own that donut shop still know who I am. I always get a yellow cake donut with chocolate frosting and 3 donuts hole which was my parents usual order. Not only did the donut shop owners know me she then commented that was your parents order. Kind of made my day. My dad had buddies everywhere in town.

Then I went grocery shopping and came home to find the garage door wouldn't open. Phooey. While carrying in my groceries went to see if I could get the garage door to at least close. Nope. I am too short to reach the cord. I asked one of the neighbors who was out trimming around his trees if he could do me a favor. He got the door shut anyway. Marty checked it when he got home and the spring is broke in 2 places. We decided not to call on the weekend and pay the emergency fee they charge on the weekend. We've had to do that a few times with our furnace which always seems to have an issue on the weekend and during a snowstorm so then I just sucked it up and paid that emergency after hours fee. Marty got the door open and we parked my car inside which I won't need out again until Monday morning. Marty's pickup is on the street; I keep asking him - don't you want to put it in the driveway? He seems unconcerned.

We went out for lunch then walked around the Botanic Gardens. Not many flowers in bloom right now because they must have had the same hail we did. Phooey. I did go snip off our plants and dead / dying flowers this morning. Our poor flowers really took a beating. Stupid hail!

Not much going on this afternoon. Laundry is mostly done and I am toying with the idea of popcorn for supper.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, that's too bad your garage door spring is broken! They are under a lot of pressure -- did it just snap and stay in place or did the pieces shoot off somewhere? How charming that they remember you, and also what your parent's used to order at the donut shop! I'm sure your dad did have buddies all over town!

Well we are back!!! It wasn't as fruitful as we'd imagined, but I got about 20 pink glasses at one place, a slew of clear and green at some garage sales, and then we stopped at an auction in Indiana on the way home and picked up some carnival glass. I guess our theory about going to the area where all this glass was made and having it laying around all over the place was wrong, LOL.

We did go to the Ohio Glass Museum, and that was super fun for me! I had a nice long talk with the docent, watched a glass blowing demonstration, and bought a bowl in the gift shop that had been made right that in the museum's glassworks. It's really pretty -- I'll send you a picture.

I took today off so I'm going to work on getting some more stuff listed. My boss is out all this week so I'll have some extra time and in a perfect world everything I have right now will be listed by the end of this week. We'll see how that goes, ha ha.

Someone just placed an order while I was typing out this post so I better get up and get going. I need to run by the post office with other things to ship so might as well get this packed up now too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3D3FFE8E-B1DC-425C-9FAD-E6978936E27E.jpeg

BTW, I waved to you on Saturday night! See the drone in the air?! It was flying in the area where we went to have dinner with friends. Everyone was like, why are you waving at that drone? I said, oh, that’s just Marcy checking up on me! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, too funny you waved at the drone. I was just trying to see how much glassware you were attempting to get in the car.

The garage door is fixed. Woo hoo! The spring broke in 2 places but luckily it didn't shoot off any pieces. Last weekend we heard something kind of pop or snap when we were leaving but didn't check too closely. I guess next time we will at least take a peak at things. It's a double wide where we park so Marty had them replace both springs today. It is so quite a bit more quiet than before when opening and closing the door. When Marty said they were going to replace both springs I thought he was talking about the single door where Marty has his garage shop. That is packed with stuff so I figured would would have to clean out a path for him to work on that side. But I was wrong; he was just fixed the side where we park. Little conveniences are nice to have.

Darn your trip wasn't as fruitful as expected but it does sound like you had a lovely time and did find some nice things. That bowl you got at the museum is very pretty. I'm glad you had such a fun time this weekend.

Good deal you had the day off of work today. Hopefully you do have a quiet work week with your boss out all week. My boss gets back tomorrow. That will be nice to get all of your treasures posted. I'll go check here shortly.

Marty stayed home sick today (which is hard to do since he works at home). He said he did participate in a few calls but was back in bed by 1 pm. He has a bad headache and backache and is coughing. Hopefully he is feeling better tomorrow. I told him his headache and coughing sounds like my allergies I've been miserable for the last few days. Stupid pollen!

I planned on meeting a friend for supper tonight but after Marty was sick and I didn't know if I needed to come home sometime to meet the garage door repairman I postponed that until tomorrow night. Marty was napping when I got home so I ordered in some burgers for us from Five Guys.

It was in the 90's here today. That's quite hot for June around here. Tomorrow is mid 90's.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, how is Marty feeling? I'm with you on the allergy thing; this season is really really bad! Do you have a lot places that deliver food? Here in Bumfvck where Liam lives I'm always surprised at the places that DON'T deliver. You'd think, especially with so many restaurants that had to close for indoor dining last year, that pretty much everyone would at this point, but nooooo....

Yesterday I worked all day but couldn't tell you exactly what I got accomplished! Today I have to do two group training session in the afternoon but I hope to run to Kohl's around lunchtime and to also get some more listing pictures done. At this point there are no estate sales that are showing pics of anything I'm dying to have so at least I won't be adding to The Giant Glass Pile that way this week. A lady who bought five sets of glasses from me the very first week I opened my store bought a set that I picked up in Ohio last weekend so I'll get those shipped off this morning. Woo hoo -- stuff leaving the house!

The ferals are here now through the weekend. The battle for internet bandwidth begins when they get out of bed so I'm off to see if I can get a few things done before they rise!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty is slightly better. Aspirin is helping; he said his joints feel like they are made of broken glass; he has a headache and cough. He got a bit more sleep last night and did go for a walk today. I agree this allergy season seems pretty bad. Stupid allergies. That is too bad restaurant delivery options are not plentiful there. We did have quite a few places that delivered here; during the shut downs or they set up spots outside to pick up orders. We have been using Door Dash recently and I was pleasantly surprised how many places locally are on that. Quite a few of the family owned restaurants are closed forever. I hated to see that. I picked up Culver's for us on the way home tonight. Since we ate when I got home I didn't lift; no way I'm doing that with food in my stomach. When I bend over to do a deadlift that might not turn out well.

How did the training sessions go today? I had another busy day at work but felt like I was on a hamster wheel; I do feel I deserved a gold star today because to use your phrase - I didn't kick, bite or hit anybody but I sure wanted to. Darn there aren't any estate sales calling your name this weekend. Sweet you have a repeat customer. You have a lot of cool stuff; if only we needed more glasses, eh?

Who won the battle for the internet today? Do the ferals at least sleep in so you've got plenty of bandwidth in the morning?

I woke up hot about 3 am. Some of Marty's symptoms are among those for COVID and I'm thinking at 3 am great it is COVID and now I'm getting it. I got up and put on a short sleeve top and took off my slipper socks (yes I sleep with slipper socks on) and left the covers off. I thought of turning on the ceiling fan but since Marty was actually sleeping I worried it might wake him up. I got chilly again about 4 am and pulled the covers back on top of me. Sadly I didn't sleep well from 3 until 6. I can still smell things and my temperature was 97.2 at work so I'm good for another day - I love the little tablet telling me I'm normal - well okay it just says normal temperature but I take it as I'm normal. Ha Ha. I know I can still smell because a friend of mine at work must bathe in perfume; you can smell her coming. We went to lunch recently and I suggested we take our own cars saying I had an errand to run just because I didn't want that smell in my car. I felt bad.

It was hot here again today; this is like July / August weather. The northern part of our state already has about 6 different forest fires going on. Ugh.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, Marty sounds miserable, and now you might have something too -- yikes! Is he (are you) going to get tested? I hope it just a regular ol' bug! Last weekend in Ohio it was in the upper 80s and humid and I kept thinking... Isn't it too soon for this?! We've had some nice weather the past few days, but I'm sure it won't last LOL.

Yesterday I did a bunch of work and put up two listings. Then Liam and I went to dinner with my assistant from my financial job because she and her husband are from this area up here and are visiting friends for a few days. It was great to see them! We had BBQ and then went out for ice cream. When we got home I queued up five listings and now I just need to take the pics and post. Of course I "won" four lots of glass (two of them really quite large... ) on last light's auction. It's an uphill battle! I really hope Liam is right that this is the time to buy and that inventory dries up come fall/winter or else I'm in a world of trouble.

I have to dial in to a call at 8:30. Fortunately it's just a voice call and not a zoom because I'm still in bed! Better go get logged on though so I have the number. This early morning stuff is definitely not my forte!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Marty is slightly better. I am not sick - so far anyway, I tend to get hot spells when I’m sleeping sometimes. Probably because even in the summer I sleep in sweat pants, long sleeve t shirts and slipper socks under a sheet and Cotten blanket. I am generally cold. I’d had a big supper and wine that night so that might have triggered that hot spell. Marty isn’t having problems breathing and his taste and smell seem fine so it’s probably a normal old big. The pain on the top of his bald head most likely sunburn. The baseball cap he wore hiking was 1/2 mesh - um the sun shines through that. He is irritable for sure and well enough to pick on my teddy bears.

We are cooling off a bit here starting today. Hit and humid does not sound fun. Do you have high humidity there? We are very dry with low humidity here. Humidity really hits me since I am not used to it.

Nice to catch up with some friends and BBQ always sounds good to me. And of course ice cream would always be a welcome treat. That is very true if the supply of glassware doesn’t dry up you’ll be busy and run out of places to store everything for your site. Nice that you won 4 lots in an auction.

That’s nice if you can dial in to meetings from bed. I hate meetings where I am on camera. I usually cover my camera and just use one of my sunset or sunrise pictures as a background.

Any news of your emerald ring? I am already trying to figure out when I can go sapphire shopping again. I should get new shoes and lighter pajamas to sleep in for the summer but I like sapphires so much more.

Have a great day!
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, how are you and Marty doing today? We do get quite a bit of humidity here and I don't like it One Bit. Couple that with high barometric pressure and summer can be rather miserable. Ugh. Last night the A/C took a crap so now it's humid inside as well as outside thanks to the thunder storms we had all night. Double Ugh. Liam got ahold of the A/C company and they are supposed to come this morning. I hope that's true!

Yesterday flew by. I did a bunch of work and also took pics for some listings. Today will be more of the same. Lather rinse repeat.

Better make it short this morning so I can get in and out of the shower before the A/C guy comes knocking on the the door since we're supposed to be first thing.

Later gator!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Marty is slightly better but still really tired and weak. He's not eating or drinking much either. I might suggest he get some Gatorade. I am doing fine. I was "normal" again according to the temperature reader at work. The one benefit I see from wearing a mask is I can mumble things and no one is the wiser - because when the temp reader said normal temperature I said "sucker". Ha Ha. I just got up to get a piece of Lindt milk chocolate; I had to make sure I haven't lost my taste or smell. The chocolate luckily tasted the same. I am sneezing a lot but that is because pollen is high plus we have moderate smoke again today. Stupid allergies.

I kind of figured humidity would be high there being near those big lakes. Yes, heat and humidity can make for a miserable summer. I remember when we landed in Myrtle Beach in August - that 90 plus temp and humidity hits you like a brick wall.

Did they get your AC fixed? What a time of year for it to crap out.

My days seem to be lather, rinse, repeat as well. I'm generally good with routine though. I did meet a friend for lunch today though; we used to meet every week so it was a nice flashback Friday there.

I picked up Olive Garden on the way home. I got 4 baggies of leftover spaghetti and meatballs for lunch now. We don't eat out much anymore so my leftovers have dried up that I relied heavily upon to give me 5 lunches each week.

A few of my flowers did start to peak out today. Yay. It's raining right now but so far no hail.

I don't know what is in store for the weekend. Marty should probably avoid spreading his Covid or non-Covid germs to the world.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I think testing your sense of taste/smell with chocolate is a great idea! And frankly your insurance company should reimburse you for the cost of the candy since it's all in the name of medicine, LOL. I'm a big fan of leftovers too, although no one else in this house is. More for me!

The A/C may didn't come yesterday until after 5 pm (so much for "first thing in the morning"). The temperature in the house kept rising. I stopped looking at the thermometer when it hit 82 on the main floor. It was much hotter upstairs in the childrens' rooms, but they were up there playing video games anyway. I suggested they go down in the basement where it was cooler, and even offered to start my car and we could all sit in the driveway with the awesome Audi A/C blasting, but no takers. I brought up a big fan from the basement that Liam used a few years ago when he got a little water at the foundation after a torrential rain and focused it on myself as I washed a bunch of dishes. I sorted and cleaned the two giant boxes of Wedgwood Countryside from the "sunburn auction". There are WELL over a hundred pieces (dinner plates, bread plates, bowls, cup, saucers, serving pieces) and my goal today is to get them listed and down in the basement. There's a whole 'nother set of dishes (Anchor Hocking Blue Sapphire Bubble) that I haven't even touched yet, not to mention glasses galore. This afternoon I need to run over and pick up the stuff from last week's online auction. I feel like a hamster on a wheel!!!

Tonight we're taking the ferals to a local fair with food and rides and music. Of course it's still supped to be 90 degrees here, but starting tomorrow it drops into the 70s for the next several days.

Alright, off to the shower!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

I had a very relaxing evening! Liam and the ferals went to the fair with some friends of ours, but I opted to stay home... alone! There was some prosecco! There was some leisurely listing of the Wedgwood dishes. There was some more prosecco! There was some cleaning up of my packing area in the basement with a good murder mystery playing the the background. There was some more MORE prosecco! It was lovely. And did I mention there was prosecco?! :bigsmile:

Today we're going to an auction about half an hour away that has flat after flat after flat of glass. Instead of the Q3 I should have gotten the Q8 LOL. If what I'm seeing in the pictures is accurate it looks like the glass stuff is inside, but I'm taking the spray- on SPF 1,000,000 just in case. And an umbrella... because the radar is projecting we're going to get wet right around one o'clock.

OK, off to figure out how to ship something to Hawaii. The excitement here just never ends!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

The auction yesterday was pleasant in terms of temperature (but the last hour or so it did get pretty humid), in that there was an actual building to sit in, and they had Real Bathrooms (!!!). BUT. It took hours to get to the glass (Liam had long since bought what he was interested in an went home at that point) and then the seller (it was an estate) had instructed the auctioneer to sell By The Piece instead of by the flat. The process took For.Ev.Er. And there was a lady there with a store so she bought a bunch of the stuff I wanted. I did get quite a bit, don't get me wrong, but normally there's not a ton of demand for this type of stuff so to have someone else snapping up 20 things at a time was a little disheartening. Oh well, live and learn.

Today I need to do a bunch of the work my company pays me for, LOL. I also never did get over to Kohl's the other day so I think I'll try to run by there around lunchtime and also bring something back for the ferals to gnaw on.

We had quite a bit of rain yesterday afternoon and last night, but it looks like it's over now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

I am downtown! This morning I headed down early and have been working from my dining room table here. I've gotten some stuff done, and also of course wandered around my condo doing a bit of not really much of anything, LOL. Right now I'm listening to a call, and then I'm going to hop in the shower and get ready for dinner with my friend tonight.

Tomorrow I am -- drum roll please!!! -- Going To My Office!!!!! It will be the first time in 15+ months and I can't wait to sit down at my desk and look at the skyline and just enjoy being back at work like a normal person. I'm sure that sounds crazy, but I really do love being in my office!

OK, I need to go and put a few things away (how on earth did I manage to clutter the place up already?!) and decide if I'm going to take the covers off the furniture out on the balcony.

Life in the city - Aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! ;-)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I've been gone too long; the website looks different!

Hi Kids! I am alive! Thanks for checking on me Dee Jay; I've ordered my camera and lenses so I quit obsessing (or at least about that).

I totally like the idea of submitting receipts for my Lindt chocolate bars as "prescriptions" to BCBS. I am sure they'd go for it.

What a miserable time of year to have the AC quit working. Good idea to stay home from the fair; especially since you could enjoy some prosecco. I get tired thinking about how many dishes you wash. Do you put on some music?

Sweet the auction had way better accommodations for you. A bathroom and no sunburn is a plus. Darn they opted to sell the glassware by the piece and you had competition. If she keeps snagging things you want maybe we can figure out ways to distract her so she'll miss bidding on things. Yes, you might need to swap for a Q8. Someone from corporate was in the guest parking spot today with an A8 Long. I didn't catch who it was but I was curious.

I totally can identify with having to do the work we get paid for; I've got to admit I was doing my camera / lens research at work too. Darn those pesky jobs.

Glad it dried out there; we got some rain tonight. It's dark now but it's after 8 too.

How exciting to be going to the office tomorrow. It sure seemed strange but familiar to me when I started going back. It is a nice feeling like it's back to normal though. I hope you had fun at dinner tonight. Have fun tomorrow.

So as you know I decided I wanted a new camera. Marty tried to convince me we could share his new one but since next week is our 30th anniversary I know better than that. He takes it to the gym most days, has it hooked up at his desk for conference calls and his vlogs to send his clients commenting on their lifting, then if he goes hiking he'll take it with him - so when would I be able to use it? Then he knows how picky I am about lenses so he got excited thinking if we both have a Sony camera we can share lenses - which again I didn't fall for because if we bought one or two really nice lenses who would end up with them? I finally decided on one of the Canon Rebel cameras - they are small, light and I have always got the cheapest camera I can and put money in good lenses. Plus since I only have one "good" eye it's not like I wanted to spend more than 2K to get myself something decent. After narrowing it down to 2 different models then I started reading reviews and watching videos on YouTube. I picked the SL3 because it always makes the top DSLR lists and I can get it in white. It will match the Curbymobile - white with black lenses. Ha. I didn't want the "kit" lens though but ended up ordering it because the body only options are few to none. I ordered a telephoto zoom and a fast aperture 50 mm. There is a macro I almost ordered but it's a fixed focal rate and $350 so I'll see how well the 50mm works for macros; you know I need to be able to take pictures of flowers and jewelry. If the lenses I picked don't take good macros then I'll order the macro lens. Marty was also ordering a pricey wide angle lens for his camera so Amazon was happy tonight.

Not much exciting going on with us. Marty is better but not completely well. He is still irritable.

We are having a corn hole contest and BBQ here for the gym on Saturday. Sunday we have family in town for a celebration of life for an uncle that passed away in Georgia in the spring.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

I am glad it is Friday. Dee jay are enjoying being in the office today? I’m eating lunch and sitting here at my desk with a lap blanket over my shoulders. I’m freezing right now. Boo.

It’s chilly and rainy here. Hopefully the wildfires around here are getting rain too.

My camera kit should show up tomorrow and I decided I’m ordering a macro tonight. It’s important for jewelry pictures.

I did hit a curb yesterday going home but it looks like it only got dirt on the tire. I can’t ruin my Michelin tires I’ll have to put Goodyear’s back on them.

Have a great weekend. Off to check your site.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I expect some awesome -- and a LOT of -- bling pics from you once you've mastered your new camera! And you are totally right about not sharing with Marty. It sounds great in theory... but... Interesting that your weather is cool because I think the rest of the country is having a heat wave! It actually not THAT hot here today, but the humidity is absolutely horrendous. Think The Everglades minus the alligators. Ugh.

Today I was pretty efficient! I went to the estate sale first thing and got a bunch of stuff and also left bids on some other things that I wanted but wasn't prepared to pay full price for. Then I picked up all the stuff I won on last night's auction, shipped two orders at the post office, and circled back to the estate sale because the lady called and told me I could have the things I bid on at the prices I wanted. By then it was raining and rather crappy but it did let up a bit after not too long so when Liam got home he grilled us a big steak. After that he picked the ferals, and then we went to Home Depot and got a new water softener which is now installed. What a night!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to the local auction, but part of me almost hopes there's nothing I want because I'm absolutely drowning in inventory right now that's still waiting to be unpacked.

OK, off to check Hangout and then this little glass mogul is going to sleep!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am so sad - Amazon sent Marty an email my camera cannot be delivered so the order is cancelled. WTH? You can't find a phone number to call and talk to someone. It said we'd get a refund within 2 days. Once I see that cash I am placing the order somewhere else. Grr. So anyway my great pictures will be delayed.

Ugh to horrible humidity there - but no alligators running around is nice. It was cool here today and we might get rain. Marty's gym BBQ went well though. I guess there were about 10 people here; they had fun playing corn hole. When they left people either took what they brought or took stuff left behind. Everyone carried "stuff" upstairs. I put a few things in the dishwasher, filled up a trash bag, wiped off the countertops downstairs and said "Wow, that was the easiest party cleanup ever!" Nice.

You were very efficient yesterday. You got new glassware, mailed out some orders, had a big steak and yay for a new water softener.

Did you come home with anything from the auction today?

For some reason I set my alarm last night so my alarm woke us both up at 6 am. Ugh. We got around and went out for breakfast. I washed our sheets and Marty just "happened" to walk by when I was going to make the bed so I had him put that stupid fitted sheet on for me. My short arms makes it challenging. I spent my morning reading the manual of new camera that didn't show up. I've got a lens for it though and one more will show up tomorrow.

I need to paint my nails tonight. We are having a family GTG tomorrow afternoon with my uncle's family. Some assorted cousins are coming to town for it too; he passed away several months ago in Georgia.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, WTF about the camera?! Don't you wonder how stuff like that even happens in this day and age, and also what's really going on there? I had something last year that happened to too (I can't remember off the top of my head what it was... ) and it seemed to be readily available from a bunch of other sellers at pretty much the same price so it's not like it was the last one on earth. Hopefully your refund come through quickly so you can get another one ordered ASAP. I am the queen of alarms! I set them for work calls and to remind me to bid on auctions and for pretty much everything -- except I don't set a wake up alarm LOL. Good deal on Marty's easy clean up! I have to paint my nails too because it's been almost two weeks, and I've broken three of them lately. Of course Ilya let me know my emerald is ready (YAY!!!!!) so when I pick it up tomorrow I need to have good nails for PS photos! I hope you have a good time today at the BBQ, although I'm sorry for the reason. And I hope your weather is better than ours for it!

Yesterday I had a pretty successful time at the auction and got everything I wanted with the exception of one bowl (which honestly I was kind of relieved when someone else bought it because it was heavy and shipping would have been $$$) and one set of glasses that were cute but not a heart breaker to loose.

When we got home Liam took the ferals to a birthday party at their friends' nearby and then he was like let's make burgers on the grill and list stuff. I put my foot down and demanded a few hours away from the ebay/etsy adventure so we went out for sushi. It was good and we ended up talking to some people at the next table (about auction stuff of course, ha ha).

Today I am listing listing listing! I need to wait until the sun moves in the dining room so everything isn't backlit, but that's OK because I've got some cleaning up to do before I can take a single picture. Plus Liam has a big pan of bacon on the stove so I'll have some of that with my coffee while I contemplate the work to come!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Well my picture taking went pretty well yesterday... but I only got one actual listing up. And I did put some stuff down in the basement, so the dining room is marginally better!

This morning I drove downtown. There was rain so bad twice that I was counting on the tail lights in front of me to keep me on the road. And by the time I got downtown it was completely sunny... ?

This is Day 2 back in the office. Frankly it's been a lot of catching up and eating lunch with people! Oh... and visiting Ilya!!! Super happy to have The Green Goddess! I honestly don't know which one I like more -- GG is stiff competition for BB! It's a good thing my boss isn't in today because I've got both rings stacked on the same finger and I'm just sitting here moving my hand in the light! :lol:

I'm staying downtown tonight. No idea what I'm going to do other than get in an early bed time. Zzzzzzz......

OK, back to staring at my had -- I mean working! :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results