carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am totally going to steal your idea and put that on my next self appraisal - I especially like the biting part. I swear I just want to beat my head sometimes (keeps their heads safe). Good deal you caught sight of those 5 snow flakes. We had light snow last night and this morning. I said too bad I'm still going. Our neighborhood was icy, the highway wasn't bad - there was a 5 mile stretch south of town that is kind of in a valley so had icy roads, blowing snow and low visibility - after that it was fine. The sun came out about 10 so the drive home was fine. Yes, dreams are crazy; I sure have strange ones at time too.

That is an ambitious project getting that many new listings ready and loaded up. I'll be sure and check your site tonight. Lighting does make a difference.

That is too bad about a tornado hitting the laundry room; Marty can destroy almost anything when he is looking for something. Did you get that pile of clothes tackled and get the floor swept up? I like doing projects while listening to a conference call. I do miss doing chores at home but I do like going out every day.

I did leave early this morning since it was still snowing here. It usually takes me a hour from my house but today was closer to 75 minutes; most of the drive was fine. I did get my new tires and they seem more quiet and didn't grab the groves in the highway. I don't know if you have grooves in your highways there but Colorado put grooves in their highways about 12 years ago now - with the idea of keeping standing water off the highway. Not such a good idea 9 months of the year though because when snow melts and sets in those grooves it freezes and expands. Voila ice skating rink! Not the best idea they ever came up with for highway safety.

I planned on picking up some cinnamon swirl bread from a bakery down there, iPad window shopping at Best Buy and then eating somewhere but I got the tracking notice of my rings I turned in for repair and they were out for delivery. Marty was only going to be here until about 1 or 1:30 so I headed home after I was done at the dealer.

After I got my delivery I went and ate lunch at Olive Garden then went and picked up produce at Sams Club. After I got home I did my lifting. I feel like work is less work. Ha Ha. The dealer got my Porsche car connect set up; it's pretty lame (which I already knew from the Macan forum). I can check my gas, info about the last trip (ha ha I can see how fast Marty drove), and I can lock the car plus fold in my mirrors. Ooh. Marty's connect with his F150 is way better with real convenient features. But then again he can't drive it like a Porsche.

Okay, off to unload the dishwasher. Speaking of looking like a tornado went through you should have seen the kitchen when I got home. Marty made eggs, hash browns, bacon, peppers and onions for breakfast then grilled pork for lunch along with a huge batch of rice in the instapot. The kitchen was a disaster area. I did that immediately when I got home; I can't stand a dirty kitchen.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I'm glad you got your new tires put on! We do have grooves in some of the highways here. They really annoy the sh!t out of me when I'm driving Billy Ray because of the weird noise they cause. You'd think the PCM in our cars would be top notch, right?! Funny story: In the original Billy Ray I used to play CDs. The ONLY CD that ever displayed correctly was one I brought back from CUBA... ?!? LOL on Marty's kitchen mess. I sometimes walk around the house and just shake my head at the havoc that's been wrought!

So I should be on my way to that estate sale right now... but when they posted the address yesterday and I mapped it it's an hour away (probably more actually because I looked mid-afternoon and I'm sure the morning traffic now is much worse). It's geographically in my 30 mile limit in my search criteria, but it's a classic case of "you can't get there from here." If I knew the glass was in good condition I'd probably do it, but given how often this old stuff is beat to hell I just don't feel like it's worth the drive. Plus, I've already got to go half an hour each way in the complete other direction to pick up some other stuff later in the morning. Oh well. I'll just tell myself it wouldn't have been pristine. Yesterday I did put up eight new listings and I have drafts ready for 14 more (plus I just remembered another one I forgot to set up).

There is a regulatory filing I have to do on the 23rd of every month (what an odd date, but that's the day the Treasury Department designated, so that's the day I do it!), but other than that I should be pretty clear on the work front.

Ok, up and up 'em!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Yesterday was a whirlwind of action and not a lot getting done (for me). Liam went to an auction and of course got a slew of good "man stuff." I headed north and picked up the things I got at the online auction last week, and then strolled through two Salvation Armys and an antique store while I was up in that area. I did get one blue glass at the Salvation Army for myself. It was a lone solider and chipped on the rim, but it's beautiful and I was able to sand the chip so that it's safe to use. Two bucks well spent! After that I stopped at the craft store and picked up some new bunches of fake flowers since I fell like everyone on etsy has seen the few that I have over and over again, and I also got some new fake fruit - HA!

This morning a lady in Canada bought a little bowl from me. The shipping was literally more than the bowl. I'm going to see if I can do anything to improve that when I get to the actual packing and labeling. Maybe I can save her a few bucks if I'm clever with the packaging.

Liam and I are going to head to an estate sale first thing, and then I've got eight more listings to put up. As Liam says, "have to keep feeding the beast!"

At least we're having nice weather. I didn't even wear a coat yesterday, and when we went to dinner I just threw on a light down vest, which was really more for show than warmth. Everything here is also really green and pretty. Ah -- spring!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you were certainly busy yesterday. Nice to find that blue glass that was easily "fixed" so you can use it and what a bargain. Good idea to swap out your flowers and pick up new fruit; who knows they might help with a future sale. I hate to hear shipping a bowl to Canada is so costly. Hopefully you can find a cheaper method to get the bowl to her. LOL to Liam saying you have to keep feeding the beast.

It does sound like spring has arrived there. We are having lovely weather again today but not green in sight. Tree pollen is surging upward though so the trees must be getting ready to bloom. Yay about 10 days of utter torture coming my way.

Yes, those stupid grooves in the road are annoying and noisy. I agree you'd think the PCM would be a little more modernized than what they are; that A6 Allroad had a lot more features even. That is pretty funny about the CD from Cuba. I am with you walking around and shaking your head at the havoc wrought on the house, Marty's office in the basement has a narrow path to reach his desk anymore.

I've been busy this weekend. We went to breakfast both days, we are having one of Marty's clients over for lunch today, I got laundry done, did my lifting, finished and sent off the article for the local newspaper, pretty much then finished the club newsletter for May, swept off the little turds left all over our sidewalk from aeration and annoyed Marty about his furniture arrangement on the deck. I wanted the bench where he had it but he moved things around and I wanted them put back or at least the bench. Then he ended up with rocking chairs near the window and house which I pointed out apparently too many times that's probably not a good idea because of our wind. Sigh.

We messed with Zoom last night and plan on trying an astronomy club meeting in May with that. We will see how that works.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, it's so funny you mention the turds left by the landscapers! Liam's people were here last week and when the kids showed up for the weekend they were like... WOW, there is a A LOT of dog poop. It was pretty funny! As for the rocking chair next to the window -- definitely move that! Yesterday I was upstairs putting laundry away and I heard a horrible scraping noise and then the dogs started barking like mad. I went downstairs and the wind had moved the patio table with the umbrella across the deck. (This is the same deck BTW that the grill blew off of a few weeks ago!) The umbrella crank started acting up at the end of last summer, and it had gotten stuck in the up position a while ago. We figured we'd just replace it. We'll apparently we didn't do that fast enough! It broke at the point where it tilts, a few feet from the top, and it was blowing around like mad right by the sliding glass door. I called Liam and he came home right away, but I literally had to hold the whole think upright and in place until he got here because I was afraid it would go through the glass door. Of course I jacked up by back in the process because I was fighting against the wind. It was not exactly the best time of my life.

Last night I went to an auction right over the Wisconsin border because they had three big flats of Jadite. Well when I got there I could see it wasn't the old stuff, but rather then stuff Anchor Hocking made in the second wave. Plus there was a guy there who has a resale shop and he was prepared to pay crazy money for it. The was a lively round of bidding but I think the flats went for over $400 a piece, and I just couldn't see how to recoup the money in that no matter how I did the math. I did stay for a flat of some green glass, which went literally next to last. FIVE HOURS I stood around on that concrete floor! Had I known any of this I definitely wouldn't have gone, but of course once you're there you might as well stay. Oy.

Today I need to keep cleaning up the house a (I made some headway yesterday but it's still a bit of a mess) and do some actual work! We're going to a friend's for dinner and apparently the morel mushrooms are starting to pop up, which Liam and his friend are a big fan of, so there's going to be some mushroom hunting too.

Alright, time to get this show on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, those lawn turds do look like dog poop; you should have told the ferals they had to pick them all up. Ha Ha. OMG to the patio table with a wild umbrella whipping around getting blown across the deck. We had an umbrella with the pole snapped in the middle and I just knew it was going to come through our window some day and take me out. Stupid wind, huh? I am sorry to hear you jacked up your back holding it back from the window in the door. They are heavy and definitely hard to control in the wind. Glad Liam was able to come rescue you. Are you feeling better yet? I hope you are way better already.

Ugh to standing around on cement for 5 hours; did you get the green glasses? Definitely a good idea not to pay more money than you can get back from the glassware.

Have fun with your friends at dinner. Are those mushrooms big? Sounds interesting.

We are having both rain and snow today. Dark skies all day and rather chilly out. I thought of digging out my trench coat to wear but I picked a fleece jacket instead. I was rather wet by the time I got to my car after work. Of course I told Marty earlier I was concerned I'd melt in the rain.

They moved my part 1 of my dental torture session to tomorrow so I took the day off and hope it's no where near as bad as I expect. I may run down to the county clerk office to see if they have my title yet so I can pay my taxes and plates.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, good luck today with the dental work. I need to make an appointment for a cleaning, which I'm looooooong overdue for thanks to covid. I did get the green glass, and after looking everything up I see there's a lot more value in the flat than I'd first thought, so that's always a pleasant surprise.

Dinner last night was good, and the guys tromped around the woods beforehand and found about two dozen mushrooms, which they coated with flour and fried in butter, so we had those with our steaks and chicken and potatoes and green beans. Yum!

The house is relatively put back together and today and I need to do some work. I was hoping to get a walk in too, but the weather looks a little ominous, so that might not happen. Rut ro -- I actually just heard some thunder as I was typing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's great the flat you bought has some bonus items you weren't expecting. I was just checking your page a while ago.

Dinner sounds fun and delicious last night; anything cooked in butter has to be good. Marty saw Gordon Ramsey cook steaks on the stove and he puts butter in the pan and keeps spooning the butter on the steaks so Marty tried it. I was saying wow these are the best steaks ever and he told me what he tried. That's also why I am fairly confident any recipe of Paula Dean's is good because her main ingredient seems to be butter.

Yay for the house being back together. Did you end up getting thunderstorms? It was decent here today - in the 40's and only breezy. It's funny this time of year when it's in the 40's I'm like screw that I'm not wearing a jacket; in the fall I need to get out my parkas when it gets below 50.

I slept in a bit then got around and did a batch of laundry then rounded up the paperwork to go register my car. Lines weren't bad considering it's almost the end of the month. After paying for the taxes and plates for a year I comforted myself with the knowledge most of it is tax deductible. Ha! I picked up lunch on the way home so I could eat something before heading to the dentist.

The dental torture wasn't as bad as expected. The muscle at the back of my mouth where he put in the "big" shot is pretty sore; I kind of feel a bump/blister or something there too. My teeth don't hurt much though. Marty was heading to Jax when I got home but he said I should stay home because my face looks like I had a stroke. I tried drinking some water when I got home and it went all over me and not much in my mouth. By supper time I could drink out of a straw and had soft food for supper. I had 2 baby bell pieces of cheese, mashed potatoes and a brownie. I figured I needed a treat after the torture session.

I lifted after Marty went shopping; it was funny because doing my inhale before lifting was tough since only one side seemed to work.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess we had 1.5 inches of rain yesterday. Or so Alexa told my sister this morning. I tried to ask Siri then but "she" couldn't answer that question. Lame!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

My thrill-o-meter showed no movement today but my bored-o-meter was pegged. Glad tomorrow is Friday. I saw a commercial for a restaurant here that it's strawberry season so I stopped there for supper. Sadly it did not meet my expectations. I ordered a burger and fries and piece of strawberry pie. I believe the grill probably hadn't been cleaned much today and my piece of strawberry pie had 3 medium and 1 small strawberry - the rest was sauce. Bummer. Oh well, I got enough to eat and brought home half of my burger for lunch tomorrow.

It was nice here today. We could be in the 70's for the next 2 days. Yippee!!!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, isn't it disappointing when a meal doesn't live up to expectations, especially when the restaurant advertises something special? I haven't seen any strawberries here yet, but it should be soon! Our weather is crazy. It was 88 degrees earlier this week. In April ??? Now it's back to the 60s, which is normal(ish) for this time of year. I"m hoping for decent weather tomorrow since I'm going to spend the day standing outside at an auction... which probably means it's going to rain, ha ha.

Thursday was our annual company meeting, which we all dialed into by zoom. Since I was trapped there for 4+ hours I took advantage of the time to put up listings for most of the green glass I got at the Monday night auction. Today I hit three estate sales and two Salvation Armys, but only bought stuff at the very first place. Liam had to pick something up just over the Wisconsin line and he grabbed me a set of glasses at a sale he stopped at, so between all that and whatever I buy tomorrow it's going to be a busy Sunday with new listings!

Liam is picking up the kids right now. I texted him my order (he's picking up window food for dinner -- to quote you!) and I hope he gets here soon because I'm on my second glass of wine and I haven't eaten much today.

OK, off to look some glass patterns up while I wait. (It's either that or I'm going to break out the cheddar goldfish, which I'm really trying not to do!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you have some great new items on your site. Sweet.

Yes, it is disappointing when a meal doesn't meet expectations. I've been ordering strawberries in my weekly grocery pickup orders but they last a day at best. I like good strawberries.

It sounds like your weather fluctuates quite a bit this time of year like we have here. We ran the AC yesterday and today; tomorrow the heater gets turned back on. At least the forecast only predicts rain not snow; doesn't mean it won't freeze up at night. I hope you didn't stand out in the rain today. Marty picked up a rain coat this morning for his trip to D.C. since rain is in the forecast.

Good deal to work on listings during your 4 hour zoom meeting; I do miss working on chores while "working".

Did Liam get home with window food before you finished the bottle of wine? I just sent a friend of mine a birthday card about making ice cubes out of leftover wine - the inside said something like I didn't know there were such things - leftover wine. Ha Ha.

I had to dial in to work last night and fix yet another crisis but I did save a racing network and got their Churchhill Downs race in the guide. I fixed their guide through May 21st so even though they sent me a schedule to load through June I figure that can wait until Monday morning.

We went out for breakfast early today and that Jax store was open at 8 so we wandered around the store for about an hour - it felt like old times. Marty got a rain jacket, I picked up some Watkins vanilla and we got a star decoration for our yard. I got laundry done, got some things ready to mail and other house chores. The thrill-o-meter didn't get any action today but I did set on the deck today trying out our new furniture. Marty got the plates put on my car.

Speaking of rain; we sure have rain clouds out there but so far no action.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: We must have been posting at the same time Curby!

Happy Saturday kids!

Currently procrastinating washing a wholllllle bunch of dishes and glasses! First thing this morning I went back to the estate sale where I bought stuff yesterday and got a bunch of cool red highballs, which were too much at full price but ok at half off (i.e., second day pricing). I also had a brief chat with the owner of the estate sale company and we're going to connect this week. It sounds like she used to have a booth at an antique mall, but that's no longer operational, and she's got some glass she'd like to unload.

Then I spent All Damn Day at the farm auction. I didn't realize it, but the auctioneer was one that Liam has complained about in the past because he inserts a lot of random conversation in his patter. It you add 30 seconds of extra chat to every item it really draws out the process. I got there before 9 am and by the time they got to the dishes I wanted... after 3 pm... I was ready to throw myself on a pitchfork. Fortunately I did get them, and by that point I would have paid virtually any price because I'd been there for sooooo long, LOL. The two things Liam asked me to bid on for him went WAY high. Like the STARTING bids were more than he was willing to pay. There was a wicked wind blowing all day and we were up and down a gravel drive so I came home coated in sand and grit. I swear I could feel it between my teeth when I bit down. Ick. And it was one of those "four season days," starting out nice, going cold and even raining a little, chilling off a lot, and ending at 87 degrees and beating sun. My cheeks and nose are PINK!

My plan for tomorrow involves not leaving the house if I can help it, haha.

OK, off to put my hands in some hot soapy water...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha Ha we were posting at the same time. Red highball glasses sound cool; I hope you can get lots or goodies from the estate sale company at a reasonable price.

What a long day at the auction; glad you got your glasses though. Darn that Liam's items started out too high. Ugh to getting grit in your teeth; that's fun, isn't it? That is all too familiar to me; stupid wind. Sorry the weather was all over the place today. I hope your rosy checks don't turn in to a bad sunburn.

Good plan to take it easy tomorrow.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday. Marty left for the airport at about 5 am; I did finally got back to sleep and slept until 8. I picked up my grocery take out order and just goofed off today. I did my lifting this morning. I cooked some petite sirloin in BBQ sauce in the crock pot and shredded it a while ago, I have enough for 10 sandwiches left for lunches. Sweet. We've had rain today. It smells good outside.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, ooof for Marty's early morning airport trip! When I was a regional compliance officer for a past financial firm and my territory was Arizona, Utah and Colorado I would take the 6 am flight to Phoenix, Salt Lake or Denver every Monday morning. Sometimes I would wake up at the end of the flight and have to get off the airplane to remember which city I'd gone to. Once I filled in for someone on medial leave and went to Louisville. When I got off the plane and looked around I had to ask someone where I was because I had a moment of panic I'd somehow gotten on the wrong plane, hahahahahaha!

Yesterday I listed all day... some of which didn't turn out like I'd hoped... I got the brilliant idea that I would set up on the side deck and take pictures with the yard in the background now that things are starting to bloom. Wellllll... later, when I was looking at the photos I could not get the color adjusted in a way that made sense. Either the cream colored tablecloth I was using ended up looking blueish or the grass in the background went toward the yellow. I ended up retaking a set of photos for one listing while Liam was ferrying the children home, and then I just gave up and worked with what I had for the rest. What a bummer; I thought those pics were going to turn out so well! After that I packed up two boxes of stuff to ship off today, and depending on who much stuff Liam left for me to take to the post office I might take Billy Ray out for a little drive. If there's a lot though I'll be Audi'ing it!

We're having a firm update zoom this afternoon. I think they are going to officially announce we're going back to the office after the Fourth of July. Woo hoo!!! Some people want to stay home forever, but I am eager to get back!

OK, off to clean up the mess in the dining room so I can turn it back into my office!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, someone bought the blue glasses that are just like your mom's green ones. I packaged them up last night (they are heavy!) and of course I thought of you! I forgot to tell you I got one of the green ones in with a batch of other stuff I bought a few weeks ago. I'm using it as a vase in some photos because the color looks good with the fake flowers.

Yesterday I got the house pretty much back in order, although it seemed to take all day! I also cleaned up the set of really cute Hazel Atlas dishes I bought at the auction last weekend. A few of the pieces had some marks on them, and strangely enough one plate (but just one...?) had a lot of marks. Maybe that one was one the top of the pile and everything got scraped across (?). I read up on the vintage glass blogs and ended up trying a few things before finally using regular toothpaste and then the cleaning stuff for the glass cooktop. It took ages because I was being so careful, but the plate came out pretty much perfect, so it was worth it.

When Liam came home we went to dinner at an Italian place we have tried to get into before but it's always too busy. Well last night we walked right in! The food was pretty good, although a few things could have used a touch of salt (which is odd for me to say because I never salt anything).

It was a pretty early night. Today I need to get some actual work done and also run to the post office at some point, but I had a lady ask a question about some glasses late last night so I want to wait a little and see if she buys them so then I could take them too. I like to get stuff shipped off right away -- I'm a little OCD about that, LOL.

Alright, off I go!

Jane Rose

Rough_Rock
Yes, indeed the weather has been lovely. I have been trying to enjoy the weather and relax but work-related stress always gets in the way. However, I have tried CBD for anxiety and it has really helped me de-stress and relaxed. Highly recommend adding it to you daily regime, it's an upcoming superfood, I just know it

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is pretty funny you'd forgot where your flew to for work on Monday mornings. Frequent trips can make a hectic life. Marty hadn't been on a plane since year ago January before he headed east this weekend.

Darn that some of your pictures didn't turn out as expected. Everything looks great on your page though. Sounds like you'll have a load of packages to take to the post office. Audi / Porsche - tough call to make the drive. I thought this car would be an Audi; maybe the next one, eh?

Did you find out if you are going back to the office in July? I have to admit I like working in the office again. Although I am working at home tomorrow; I have part 2 of my dental procedure and didn't want to go in with a numb face - I look funny and can't talk.

Nice that someone bought the blue glasses like my mom's. They are definitely heavy glasses. So many of your pieces really remind me of my mom; she would have loved your site and I totally wish I'd known about your "hobby" when we cleaned out there house - you would have loved a lot of her things. The green salt and pepper shakers you have posted could have been her set. That is amazing you were able to use toothpaste and stove top cleaner to get that plate all cleaned up. Pflatzgraff has a scratch cleaner my MIL swears by and it's always sold out on their website when I wanted to buy some. A few of my white china plates are getting lines on them - Marty really pushes hard when he cuts things on his plate. I should try to clean them up.

That's great you were able to get in to the Italian restaurant. That sounds good. I rarely add salt to food either. I like salt on potatoes, corn on the cob and popcorn. Other than that I never think of it.

We have had rain for the last few days; even some small hail today. Last night I was really chilly from the rain so I cranked on the fireplace for a while. Marty didn't do his time conversion well and sent me a text at 4:14 am yesterday. He said his brother isn't 100%, is coughing a lot but doing better than he thought he would. I hope their visit for the week doesn't wear the poor guy out too much.

My SIL is giving me crap she's moving in with us for 6 months - I keep sending her gifs of people drinking. I think she wants to get an AirBNB here after she retires this summer. She plans on buying a small RV and traveling. She is late 50's but started working for the census bureau at 18 so has in enough time to retire.

I yawning so maybe I'd best get to bed on time tonight. I tend to stay up longer when Marty is gone.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm glad to hear your BIL is starting to do better! Good to know about the Pflatzgraff glass cleaner -- I will definitely check that out! Holy cow to your SIL on starting to work for the census at 18 and being ready to retire. That would be AMAZING! A friend of mine went to Annapolis and then right to work for the State Department so he was in a similar boat with retirement available at a super young age. He keeps taking "jusssssst one more tour" with the Department (they are four year stints) and I think he's afraid he'd be bored if he gave up working now. We ARE going back to the office July!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

Yesterday I did some work, packed and shipped some glasses, and went to a "new" store that I had completely forgotten about but Liam make me think of the other day. I was GREAT! I got four sets of glasses, including one set of really awesome crystal champagne coups! Not sure when I'm going to have time to list them, or the set of dishes from last weekend, because I'm going to Missouri this weekend with my girlfriends to visit "family." I did wash everything up last night, and I'm chomping at the bit to set up some photos and get them up, but alas, my day job keeps getting in the way, LOL.

If you have a second, I posted a thread in hangout about what to do with the "extra" glasses since I often find things in odd numbers. If you have an opinion I'd love to hear it!

OK, today I have to continue down the path I started yesterday on the annual review. There was actually some progress there so I better seize the momentum and keep it going!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Not a lot exciting to report from yesterday... Now that it's summer the BBQ place down the way has opened again. On Wednesday nights they do a little "car show" where a bunch of old cars show up and park in the grass while everyone eats their pork chop sandwiches. So that's our Wednesday night plan for the next four months! I usually get the pulled pork and the sandwich is so big I've got half of it left over for today.

I did finally get the set of Hazel Atlas dishes I bought last weekend listed last night because I wanted to get them put away safely out of the dining room before I head to Missouri tomorrow. Of course the other set that was listed on Etsy sold yesterday (before I put mine up) so I hope I didn't miss The One Buyer who wants a set of this stuff, LOL. I've still got the slew of glasses I bought earlier in the week, but I think those may have to wait a bit.

My mission today, after calls with three people related to the annual review, involves getting out my suitcase and packing! I haven't been anywhere in so long it's going to be a strange adventure! I also have one box of glasses to pack up and take to Fed Ex. They are a bit larger than normal and I'm going to use a big box so I think that's the best way to ship. I'll tell you, if you ever need to send Anything Anywhere I can now give you advice how to do it!

OK, off to the shower for an early start!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I’ll show those glasses to Marty and see if he wants them for the man cave. Thanks!

I did check that cleaner online but as always it says out of stock. They often have stores in outlet malls so maybe you might find some at one of them. I sadly noticed it doesn’t work on china but I’ll see if I can find something that does. I bought 12 pieces of each because you know things break now and then.

Yes that is a really nice to be able to retire in your 50’s; military retirements work out that way too. When I started teaching I didn’t bother to set up a retirement account with them (it would have been with the state) and I sure wish I had. I taught 21 year and the state matched 15%. A friend of mine taught for 12 years and only did one 3 credit hour class each semester and she gets about $700 a month from her retirement there. Oh well.

Have a great time this weekend; how exciting to go somewhere.

The car show / BBQ dinner sounds like a fun time. Our mini car shows tend to be at McDonalds but last year they at least moved to a bar parking lot. More appealing beverages anyway.

I will go check out your thread and new listings. I bet you are becoming an expert at packing and shipping things.

My round 2 of dental procedure was nothing like round 1. A different girl did the dirty work this time. I didn’t get as much Novocain so I could feel what she was doing but it wasn’t painful. The numbness wore off quickly that way. I kind of had reaction to either the topical deadener or the angle she placed me in the chair plus nerves but it got better. I lived to tell the tale.

I worked from home yesterday and a friend of mine came over to work as well. They were putting a generator in at her house and she was without power most of the day. She sent me a text saying she was going downtown to work at a coffee shop she likes so I suggested she come work here. It was kind of fun. She also came over for supper today and to play cribbage. We picked up Olive Garden, I am stuffed!!! But it was fun.

Take care and have a great trip.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, if Marty wants those I'll just GIVE them to you -- I don't want money!

ETA: They aren't super big BTW. Just pointing that out because if someone wanted like a big drink of soda or something these are probably about the size of a double highball in volume, even though they are taller.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby... you'll love this! So this morning I woke up to a message from someone asking if I could wrap the poker glasses as a gift if she wanted to send them to their father. And would I wrap the playing cards and poker chips separately or would they be in the same box? Uhhhhh... no... the props are not included... I had to double check that the lady was not the same person with the fruit, LOL!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

We made it to Missouri yesterday in decent time and I drove the first 5 or so hours. At one point Sister #1 nonchalantly said, as she was looking at the speedometer, "I don't usually go this fast through here... " Translation: You're in Missouri with out of state plates and you're whipping along at more than 20 miles over the speed limit. I slowed down, LOL.

Today's adventure will include a trip to the grocery store and then preparations for a birthday dinner tonight. Sister #2 is an awesome cook, so I'm looking forward to that!

OK, off to get my self organized. I'm hoping I put things in the suitcase that will actually produce a decent outfit!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is too funny about the poker glasses and assuming the cards and poker chips came with them. You can't win. If you don't include pops then someone will complain about your photos. Does she still want the glasses? Thank you for the offer for Marty; he gets home late tonight and I will see if he wants them for the man cave. His cupboards are full already but I will certainly ask him.

Glad you make it safely to Missouri. Luckily you didn't get pulled over for speeding. We still chuckle about the day Marty got pulled over in the Macan. He was behind 2 cars going the speed limit (so suffering from road rage) and as always punches it once he can get around one of them. A policeman pulled him over immediately. When Marty rolled the window down the policeman said "my this thing is really quick". I truly believe Marty didn't get a ticket that day because he didn't have time to clock him. Speaking of the Macan I might move my loan to my credit union; they have a special going on and it would drop my payment about $30 (it was already about $50 less than before).

That reminds me I guess about 175 businesses in our state didn't use all of their COVID business loans (or didn't use as directed) and they have to pay the money back. One guy they had on the news says he has to pay back $175,000 which he no longer has. I feel bad for them.

What's for birthday dinner? I went grocery shopping first thing today myself.

I made myself a homemade pizza today and now have several pieces of pizza in the freezer for lunches. I'm thinking popcorn and a movie for supper. Marty lands at DIA about 6:30; then has to drop his sister off but I imagine they will eat before he heads home. I was a bit ticked last night. We were texting back and forth and all of a sudden some weird comment shows up - he said he didn't send it. Then another one shows up - so I sent him an email I think someone at your gym can see your messages on the iPad there. He has one client I am not a fan of and I was right she was answering texts. First I thought that is tacky to be reading someone else's personal texts; then continuing to answer moved in to rude and after that she posted a portion of our texts in his gym's chat group. I felt that really crossed the line. I was not able to delete the image she posted; I will ask Marty tonight if he can delete it and if not I want him to ask her to delete it. I thought of texting her myself last night but I was so agitated by it I might say something nasty. Marty is removing the messages off the iPad tomorrow. He is using my old iPad mini there for music.

It was gorgeous here yesterday, in the 60's today but really windy. Rain and snow is moving in tomorrow. Looks like if we end up with snow it could be about 8 - 10 inches.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday! I did laundry, lifted, read and ordered a new iPad today. Back to the salt mine tomorrow. The snow has started already. So far it's melted.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, good idea to switch your payment to the credit union and save $! Birthday dinner was a Mexican feast! Sister #2 made a slew of stuff, including pork carnitas, a salad with strawberries and candied pecans (I don't normally like sweet things in salad but this one was great!), and a bunch of other stuff. It's a good thing I don't know how to cook like that or else I'd be huuuuuuuuge, LOL.

The visit was fun, although we mostly stayed home with the exception of a visit to the grocery store and then a quick in and out at a graduation party for the granddaughter of one of the 'rents' friends. It was held at a winery and was well spaced out, but the 'rents are very very nervous about being around other people even though they are vaccinated.

I drove the entire way home and we made it in really good time, although I was more cautious in Missouri, ha ha. When I got back to TR's I had four boxes to pack up with stuff that had sold while I was gone, which made for a long night. Yesterday I sold two things, including the entire set of pink crinoline dishes from the auction a few weeks ago. There is so much bubble wrap in the box that if the Fex Ex guy drops it it would bounce! I also ran by the auction place and got the stuff I won on the weekend online auction. There is A Lot there. A. Lot. I was really surprised because it didn't seem like nearly so much in the pictures. I've got most of it washed up, but I didn't even get to the box that's full of glasses and cups because I was pretty worn out and water logged by the time I finished the plates and saucers and bowls and serving pieces -- oh my! I also picked up three new sets of glasses yesterday. I'm going to have a long listing day at the end of this week!

Tomorrow a friend and I are using a groupon to have high tea at the Russian Tea House downtown. She texted me yesterday and was like, "do you mind if we leave around 9 am and stop at two work places for me on the way down... oh, and can you drive?" That was the first I'd heard about us (a) going together, and (b) leaving at 9 am for something that is scheduled for 1:30 pm. That's all fine, but I had to basically clear my work calendar for the day. Ugh. And speaking of work, I better get up and get some done!

Later gator!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the birthday dinner sounds fabulous. Glad you had such a nice time. Good idea not to speed through Missouri; Nebraska is our strictest neighboring state. Now Montana on the other hand - you can just GO! Quite a few of our interstates have 85 or 90 speed limits. I get excited when I see one of those. That Allroad I test drove had a Traffic assist package that actually set your speed based on signs. Marty would definitely have shut that feature off.

Those pink dishes you sold are pretty cool looking; I can imagine the look I'd get from Marty if I served him breakfast on them though. Definitely not a "guy" style. (I'm thinking of the pink kind of ruffled looking dishes in case I'm thinking of something else). That's great the lot you bought online has so many items in it; score! I bet that takes a while to wash all those dishes. I'd run them through the dishwasher; it's safer for a klutz like me.

Have fun at the Russian Tea House; darn you have to head out early though since your friend has some errands to run.

Darn that we have to go to work; it is such a distraction from more fun things.

We met with our tax lady this afternoon. Not the most we've ever paid but close! We need to get with her in September to see if we should make quarterly payments. Marty was not thrilled he had to pay social security on his whopping $2700 profit at the gym last year. I talked to her yesterday and got the damages and then I remembered last January when Marty started getting paid by the other company he works for; he went from getting paid every 2 weeks to twice a month so there was no way to do a direct comparison. His first 2 checks hardly had any deductions taken out; so I turned in to an instant nag to fill out a new W4 and get that fixed. Once that kicked in they took out too much so I nagged him again to go fill out another one - that new W4 form is clear as mud to us non IRS speak people. About March then we hit a happy middle range and although I thought they weren't withholding enough we decided let's see how our taxes turn out. Based on what I thought last year I was pretty close on the difference; but I sadly failed to add up how much that was times 20. Mad Math Skills. Ha Ha. Tomorrow I'm going to fill out a new W4 and have them withhold an additional $100 on my check every 2 weeks.

Even though I got home late tonight I was a good old lady and did my lifting. The snow is mostly melted. Woo hoo! Thunderstorms are now in our forecast later this week; winter and spring in one week. Fun.

Off to see your new stuff!

Laters,
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results