carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, good idea about getting the new tires and asking the dealer to use the old ones in the charity auction. LOL on taking an hour to get home. And I'm glad your parents didn't have anything to say about the new car, hahahahaha!

So Liam decided to buy a new truck on Monday night. The old one had some issues, but I thought he was just going to take it to the shop and get it fixed. Wellllll... he stopped at the dealer on the way home and next thing I know I'm getting text pictures of the new options. Huh....??? It's in today getting spray-in bed liner and (hopefully) some running boards (if they're in stock) because getting in and out of this thing is an acrobatic feat for me right now!

Yesterday I went into the city and took a rental client around. She found a unit that she loves, so that's good. Paperwork is underway!

Today I have a weather related migraine that just won't quite. I've well exceeded the limit on every drug in the house and also tried to take a nap, but so far no relief. Ugh.

My boss is going to call any minute now so I better have all my ducks in a row for our weekly conversation.

Later gator!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am anxiously waiting to hear the tires have arrived and that I have an appointment Saturday to get them put on. Yes, if someone answered me at the cemetery I'd be glad I had a FAST car to get away from there. Run away!!!

Nice that Liam got a new pickup. We have the steps that come down when the door opens then closes back up. They are great. The last pickup didn't come with them so Marty had to keep a stool in the back for me to get in the pickup with. I would just kind of fall out of the truck before we had those steps put on that pickup. What kind did he buy and what color is it?

That's great your client found a place she liked already. Sweet. Can you be a realtor in Liam's area too?

How did the call with your boss go? I had far too many chats with my boss today. We had a paperwork area last night that people are acting like someone lost an arm. Sigh. I spent most of the morning dealing with that.

I made tacos for lunch - glad they are quick to fix since time was not a luxury to get my work done today. I lifted after work and am baking my supper right now. Yes, I am so lazy about dishes I am baking a hamburger in a little tin foil dish. I'll have some strawberries with it and either cottage cheese or put the burger in a piece of toast.

The Curbymobile has just sat around in the garage today looking badass. It is so stinking windy out I hate to venture out anyway.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and my sapphire ring with a halo lost a diamond already. Boooooooo!

Any news on G.G.?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, the only picture I have of Liam's new truck is one he sent me the other night and it's dark out so you can't even tell that it's not black (it's blue, LOL). I'll text you one in the daylight --if it ever stops raining here! Oh no on the diamond falling out of your sapphire ring! And no news on G.G., but I'm taking Billy Ray downtown next Thursday for an oil change and I'll have a loaner so I'm going to email Ilya and see what's up. Telling him when we started these rings that I was in no hurry may have backfired on me, ha ha.

Yesterday was one of those days you survive, but not much else. My head never did let up. Fortunately the call with my boss was short, and right after I took Liam back to the place to pick up the truck. The bed liner looks great and I am happy to have running boards installed!

Today I need to get back on the annual review wagon. It's kind of dreary again so I'll just hunker down in the dining room and crank some stuff out.

I did my nails last night and it's kind of a relief to have that crazy bright pink off! I've been looking at the color choices from Ulta (I'm using their Red Carpet gel brand lately) and I think I'm going to order a few more. Too bad I unsubscribed from their emails (they were sending too many!) because there's probably a coupon out there somewhere. Oh well.

OK, off to get this adventure on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes it may not have been a good idea to tell Ilya you were not in any hurry. A case of no good deed goes unpunished, eh? Nice to get the oil changed in Billy Ray. My tire appointment is next Friday. Darn we have snow in the forecast too; I may get to find out how good or crappy those tires are in the snow. Ha Ha. Or completely chicken out. Who knows? We are still running down Saturday to get the rubber mats and set up the Porsche Connect. Then Marty can run me on to Denver to drop off my ring to be fixed. Not like he is going to mind driving the new car. I did promise the salesman and financial guy some cookies so I just finished baking them.

I'll look forward to seeing Liam's new pickup. Such fun to get new toys.

Sorry your head was talking to you yesterday. Those spray in bed liners are great! They had to redo Marty's from when that lady smashed in to him; it bent it along with other things. Sweet you have running boards now.

Did you get a lot done on the annual review today? I was at home and again spent too much time on the phone with my boss. More changes and blending the 2 teams which is a good thing.

We have an Ulta I should check out their polish selection. I sign up to all sorts of places to get coupons then never use them but when I want them I can't find the email. I try. I need to do my nails again but I think they have one more day left in them.

Another hectic day of work. I did play cribbage online with a friend of mine today during lunch. We ordered in burgers from Five Guys for lunch. I sent Marty a text to bring me an Arby's when he comes home.

Our bench and tables showed up today but not the rockers. The tables had full page instructions "no assembly required". Too funny. The bench didn't line up just right in a few places but Marty cut a few things down and got it put together. It's in our living room right now.

Have fun on your road trip tomorrow. Maybe you'll be able to bring G.G. home.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, how exciting to have new patio furniture -- a sign spring is almost here for sure! I hear ya on getting one more day out of a manicure. I am always stretching it! I didn't get anything done on my annual review yesterday because I dropped my phone and broke the screen. Even though I had a screen protector, there were sharp little pieces of glass coming off of the area between the screen protector and the very top of the phone, so basically where you hold it against your ear. I ended up at T-Mobile (Sprint) and they replaced the screen for $29 but they didn't have any screen protectors so I had to go to Best Buy too. Of course there I learned they could have just done it all at once and it would have taken a lot less time than the two hours I invested at the phone place. What a PITA. Oh well, now it's fixed.

This morning I had an 8 am call (WTF?) and have another one this afternoon, but in between I need to move everything around in the basement so Liam can get to the tubs of toys to take to the auction tomorrow. I'm afraid there's rain in the forecast, but the date is the date.

My trip downtown isn't until next Thursday. I keep thinking of things I want to take down/bring back. I better start making a list!

OK, off to the basement now that my call is over. Wish me luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no for breaking the screen on your phone. I am glad it was fixable. Such a pain. Definitely going to the cellular store requires time and patience. Our Verizon store used to allow you to make appointments ahead of time but that didn't last long. Best Buy is always a good place to go; I pointed out one to Marty today saying "they sell iPads there". He kept on driving. Strange like maybe I just bought something else recently.

Phooey to an early morning phone call for work yesterday. Nice to get a tub of toys out of the house and to the auction. Did it rain there? We have rain and snow in our forecast starting Monday night. Nothing like our last big storm though.

I'm wishing you luck a day late but hopefully everything in the basement turned out fine.

Good plan to make a list of what you want to take to and bring back from the city. Since it's this coming Thursday that gives Ilya more days to get your G.G. done. I'm sending "hurry up vibes" now. I dropped off my 2 rings in Denver today. They have new COVID policies in full force on repairs. You have to park in selected spots (which we didn't do oops) and text a phone number that says curbside. Then they eventually answer you and you pick an option one of which is jewelry repair. Then they ask what you want and request a picture. We waited about 20 minutes maybe before someone came out. Luckily I took copies of all of my certificates so they didn't have to research through my tons of purchases to find my items. The sapphire solitaire ring which was too small is now too big so instead of having them size it; I asked for sizing beads. Apparently that is an additional fee. So I said well we can size it then "BUT" so I showed her they sized it too big and stretched the band rather and added gold so she said they'd replace the shank for free. Naturally I said sure. That's a better deal for me anyway.

Work was lots of fun yesterday. The boss is still angry so one of the changes for me is no more working from home. His other direct reports are in the office so I am sure he has been looking for a reason to get me back there too. It was so stupid too; when he called me about changing things and combining the teams on something I said "darn, I wish I had my SLING stuff here but they are at the office." While I understand where he went on that - I was referring to a hand written piece of paper I have a list of their tasks. He took it as I can't do that work without my "stuff". Oh well. I've been thinking of going in every day anyway. First I get to drive my new car every day and we are so stinking busy it's easier to work in the office.

We went to the Porsche dealer today. Our salesman had ordered us the rubber floor mats so we picked them up. He even didn't charge us for them. How nice! I took him some cookies today and we worked on setting up the Porsche connect which they will finish Friday when I go back for the tires. I guess we are bringing the Goodyear tires home; the salesman suggested we keep them to put on the car when we decide to trade it down the road. We got docked 2K on our trade because they said my old Curbymobile needed new tires which it did.

Then we headed to the jewelry store after which we headed out to lunch. I am still full but boy was it tasty. We both ordered 9 oz filet. Marty likes rare and I like medium so I ordered the large filet and cut the middle out for Marty and ate the 2 sides. That worked perfect. We also ordered a piece of carrot cake to split. I swear they brought us about 1/6 of a cake. It was delicious but we didn't finish it.

Now I'm working on weekend chores. With going back to the office every day no more doing dishes and laundry while I'm working. Darn.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I am kind of with you on going back to the office not being a bad thing. Plus, I love my office. I'm in a corner overlooking Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline -- very inspiring! It will be a drag though not to be able to clean up the kitchen or do laundry during all my endless calls, I totally agree with you on that! Good idea to keep the tires for when it's time to trade the care in. Liam had just put new tires on his truck when he traded it in, so someone is getting the benefit of that for sure. Speaking of Porsche connect, I am having a problem getting the PCM to recognize my phone. I think it's confused because I currently have two phones, one of which is a replacement for the phone I had when I got the car, and all three of them have been hooked up at some time or another. It's trying to recognize SOME phone, but it's not always clear on which ONE. I'll ask the guys when I go in on Thursday for the oil change. I'm sure they can sort it out.

Yesterday I got up early and zipped off to an estate sale while Liam and his cousin headed to the auction. I found some interesting things, but I'm not sure anyone else will like them but me, ha ha! For instance there were these absolutely adorable little gold crystal cordial glasses with a cool curvy shape and I just HAD to buy them! There's also a bigger version of that glass that I got for myself. Because... yanno... I'm still buying glass For Myself. :rolleyes:

G.G. is most definitely not going to be done by the time I go downtown this week. It's a good thing I wasn't in any hurry to wear it, LOL. I'm also trying to step away from the evil instagram because every time I go on there I find some new shiny bauble I want, but I haven't even finished building stuff with the shiny baubles I HAVE! It's hard though, I have to confess!

Today I need to run to the grocery store and then list some things I've got sitting around. I think I have at least have a dozen listings I could put up, and since I've sold a lot these past two weeks I need to do that to keep my store full. There's also an estate sale six miles from here that has some glasses pictured that I might want. I had an epiphany last night about what they were and when I finally put the right words into google they popped right up. I might or might not get motivated enough to go over there and get them...

OK, off to seek out some more coffee!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I haven't visit your site for a few days; you have some great new things listed. Are you having fun with it?

The view from your office sounds fabulous. I see my pictures and other things on the cube walls but it's a good view. I have a ruby red slippers magnet to remind me there's no place like home. Yes, I will notice my house chores won't be done anymore.

Darn that Liam just put on new tires; that was my first A6. We'd had new tires on for a month when it froze up and they used a wench to pull the car on to a flat bad; I figured well those tires are shot now - flat on one side. We traded that car though so oh well.

Our Audi's and the last Porsche did have trouble switching between our phones. If we go disconnect them then connect them again it usually fixes it. They do seem temperamental. I am sure the dealer knows what to do.

Well of course you still have to buy cool glassware pieces for yourself. Did you post those gold cordials? If so, they are quite cool.

Darn that G.G. won't be ready. Every time I open Etsy is shows me new sapphires. That fire sapphire yesterday was sure tempting but I moved along.

Did you go get those glasses today? I too went grocery shopping; in person even! We headed back to Colorado to meet my sister, BIL and nephew for dinner. We have 490 miles on the new car already. D'oh!

I did lift this morning too. I emptied the dishwasher when we got home. I might have a baby Coke now. I had some red wine with dinner but I do enjoy my Coke.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I took a few pictures to send you of Liam's new truck and I must have deleted the one of the front (that I walked out into the middle of the street to get because the truck was at the end of the driveway pointed out with the trailer attached). I'll try again tonight, LOL. Do you like the regular Coke or are you a fan of the special Mexican coke made with cane sugar instead of corn syrup? I've never actually had that, but people rave about it so if I ever come across it in the wild I'll give it a try!

Yesterday wasn't nearly as productive as I'd hoped (and don't I start almost every post like that?!). I got up early and went to the estate sale, where I did get those glasses (10 of them in perfect condition, and really gorgeous! They are the Bohemia crystal ones I posted last night with the blue prosecco bottle). Then I went to the grocery store and after that I worked on some listings, but somehow only got about three of them done... ? After the ferals went home I was hoping to get a few more up but I was doing it in the dining room and it was too dark. I've still gone one little vignette with footed iced tea glasses and fancy soda bottle set up on the table that I want to snap some pics of this morning before I clear everything off and set up and my computer. I sold something overnight so I need to pack that up and take it to the post office with the other box I've got going. I hope they don't hassle me on the weight of the other thing because it's 3 lbs 12 ozs and I did the label for 4 lbs, but they always say the scale is under, even though Liam uses it for his ebay stuff and it's always spot on... ?

Anyway, I better get moving if I'm going to take pics and do a post office run before I "go to work."

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, don't you hate that when you delete a picture? I do drink regular Coke; I've tried the Mexico Coke made with sugar; I didn't like it at all. The Pepsi made with sugar I really liked though. Strange, huh? I should try the Coke again. I only drink those little 8 oz mini cans but I am sure sugar is "slightly" better than high fructose corn syrup.

That's great the new glasses were in perfect condition. I am so anal about keeping glasses and dishes nice I make sure nothing is touching in my dishwasher. Shocking , I know! I hope you get some good light today to get the pictures taken. Definitely go figure the scale works fine for Liam's Ebay boxes but not yours. Tell the post office guy to get his finger off the scale. Ha Ha. I noticed the lady who wanted the fruit commented on your page.

It's gloomy, cloudy here today. Snow and rain are headed our way. I'll be sad if it's icy Friday and I chicken out on driving 100 miles (there and back) to get my tires. The highway should be okay but I'll see.

Work was hectic and I even got there early and left late - what's up with that?

One day back in the office and the darned cheap office soap has my hands are all dry and cracked already. No nail polish this week. We still don't have enough water in the bathroom on our floor to wash your hands. The water heater went out over a month ago and they still haven't been able to replace it. You get a trickle of cold water; today I started getting my hands wet with the trickle, got soap on them then walked out to the mini break room sink and rinse them off - it's still cold water but enough to get the soap off my hands.

The new Curbymobile didn't have any issues getting me to work today. I just pulled on the outer loop by me and was up in the 60's in no time. Oops.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the soap in some places is HORRIBLE! In the ladies room at Liam's bank I swear the stuff could take paint off. I took in a bottle of lotion and put it on the desk I was using when I helped him out every night because my skin was so uncomfortable dry and tight after washing my hands. I didn't even think about Pepsi being made with the different sugar too. Guess I'll add that to my list of things to also try if I ever come across it! I ended up taking the packages to the Pack 'N' Ship instead of the post office because I had another one too that was "close to the line" and didn't want to chance it.

Yesterday I did some stuff related to certifications and then (as you saw!) put up some more listings. Three of them were mixed sets in an effort to "use up" some of the random glasses I've accumulated over time with no mates. That took care of 18 of them, and I hope someone likes them because I spent a lot of time trying to coordinate sets that went together well. I've got some others to mix and match downstairs too, but I'll save that little adventure for another day.

Today is All Annual Review All The Time. I am going to take the stemware boxes downstairs from yesterday, along with the fake flowers and other props, and put the giant screen back up on the dining room table. It's going to be a lonnnnnng day...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, LOL to some soap could take paint off. I totally believe that. I need to get some lotion at work; I won't wear it though with rings so what to do, what to do? Sparkle or have dried, cracked hands?

I think I'll pick up both a Pepsi and Coke and try them again. About once a year I pick up a bottle of orange Fanta. Flashback to being a kid there; I always picked orange soda.

Great idea to go to Pack and Ship; I used the one near us a lot but they went out of business. Very convenient plus they had cool things to buy in there store - funny cards, cool magnets, pens, sticky notes - fun stuff.

I think a mix and match set of glasses is a good idea; I hope they sell for you.

How did your long day go of All Annual Review All the Time? I had another busy day at work. Trying to make sure my team's new task is as streamlined as possible. It's going to be painful getting them all going but oh well we do what we must.

Marty got the last rocking chair put together. Now we just need some warm weather. Snow is predicted for the new few days.

I just got back from sending a birthday card to a friend of mine that you'd like. It says something like 'I met a lady that said you can make ice cubes out of leftover wine. I didn't know you can do that.' Then the inside says - ' that you could have leftover wine, I mean." Ha Ha.

Doing a few batches of laundry tonight. The cleaning lady was here today so washing up towels and the table cloth.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0D5909CE-4C1B-4D03-BE1E-D1A60677D622.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, your new furniture looks GREAT! I really love how big your deck is too. Was it a big PITA for Marty to put it all together? I finally remembered to take you another picture of Liam's new truck, which I just texted... and then I remembered how early it is where you are -- sorry!

Yesterday once again did not pan out like I expected. But I got some more etsy-ing done and a bit more organizing in the basement. Today I've got a bunch of work zooms, my weekly call with my boss, and our department happy hour so I have no choice but to work, ha ha.

First thing I need to run a few boxes to the post office and also go by the auction place and see if they're open to pick up a saddle that Liam bought on Sunday night. That will unfortunately entail me cleaning out the back of my SUV because I don't think it would fit in the back seat.

OK, off to get an early start!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we lucked out on getting a bigger deck and patio. Our backyard faces a greenway and there was a yardage restriction of structures from the greenway so rather than getting the standard 12x12 deck they gave us a 10x20 for no extra charge. We were the first house in our section and every other house along the greenway ended up with the smaller deck / patio. The deck furniture wasn’t hard to put together but Marty did have to shave one spot down on the bench to get it to fit.

Luckily I was awake when you texted me today. I have different alerts for work and since the alert wasn’t from work I wondered who was texting me so early. Liam‘s truck looks great.

Darn you had so many calls today. I was slightly less busy today. I have Friday off this week so one more day to go. I cancelled my tire appointment since we could get 6 inches Thursday night. I reschedule for next Thursday.

I am sure a nice saddle would sell. You and Liam are real wheeler dealers there.

We had about 2 inches of snow last night. It was really icy going in to work today. My car kind of slid twice but the car controlled it right away. We will see if the Michelin tires do that. Ha ha. My car is filthy now too being out in snow. Marty told me he excepted me to be in the garage washing it down. Not. My heated steering wheel warms up quicker than my last car. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids. Happy Thursday!

The best reason to come in to work everyday is driving my new Curbymobile. The second best thing about it is the face detector that takes my temperature tells me every morning I’m normal. I sure have it fooled.

We had some snow over night and more on the way. Darn that Mother Nature.

I have tomorrow off though. Woo hoo!!!!!

Me

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, when I took Billy Ray in today they gave me a Cayenne for a loaner. I felt like I was piloting the Queen Mary, LOL! Frankly I don't think it was any bigger (and really maybe even smaller) than my first Lexus, but I was like WOAH! This thing is BIG! As for normal... I'm not sure I know what that is like, so I'll have to live vicariously through you!

I made it to the car dealer about 20 minutes early this morning, but they took me right in. I had a notification that I'd sold some glasses to a lady in Chicago, and her address was literally between the car dealer and my condo so I dropped them at her front door. Less than four hours from placing an order to having it in your foyer -- if that isn't some sort of customer service record I don't know what is!

For lunch I met my work friend. We went to a seafood place and ate WAY WAY WAY too much. Both of our bellies were hurting. I had to take a small nap when I got back to my place before I went back to the dealer. Traffic out of the city was a real PITA since I didn't get on the road until 5 pm. It didn't help that I was talking to Liam and missed the highway entrance the first time and had to circle through a residential neighborhood at a snail's pace to go back to the ramp.

Tonight I have to pack up some glasses for a lady in California and then I'm going to go to bed early and read my latest book. I want to get up early tomorrow and go to an estate sale that has some pink glasses. It's only 9 miles from here so hopefully I'll get an early start and be in and back to the house before 10 am.

OK, off to do some packing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, the Cayenne seems huge to me after the Macan. Marty sure likes it though. I'm so short I think I'd have trouble getting in to the Cayenne plus think of the curb accidents I'd have in a larger car. Glad you got Billy Ray all tuned up. Did they get your phone connection fixed? My Apple Car Play keeps skipping on my music. I might delete the phone and pair it again; or better yet delete Marty's phone from devices.

Nice that you met a friend for lunch. Sounds fun. Darn you had so much traffic leaving the city. The roads were dry this morning and even coming home but my poor car was sure iced up when I got off work. Temps are near freezing so we were getting rain / snow mix all day so it was pretty icy in spots.

Enjoy reading your book. I hope you get those pink glasses. Marty has to get up early to head to Laramie (50 miles to our west involving crossing a high mountain range) to weigh in for a strength training competition he and 2 of his clients are in Saturday. I am sure the road will be awful for them. I have the day off tomorrow but I don't have any plans. I should go find some new shoes and clothes but that sounds like too much work.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, funny you mention curbing the Macan... when I pulled into my parking garage there is a tiny curb that seems to stick out for no good reason that I have become adept at missing my my cars but that I just ran right over in the loaner the other day. Oops! And I figured out that my PCM wants to connect using bluetooth, even though my Audi can connect either through bluetooth or by plugging it into the cord, which I always do so it charges when I drive, and therefore I never have bluetooth on any more since it drains the phone battery faster. It does take a while for Billy Ray to recognize and pick up my phone connection, but I let the car idle down before I put it in gear anyway so that's fine. Do you go looking for new clothes and shoes? I toyed with the idea of running over to Nordstrom Rack when I was in the city on Thursday but ended up doing stuff at my place and never made it.

The estate sale yesterday was a bust (all six of the pink glasses were badly chipped), but I got some stuff at the Salvation Army on the way back. When I was washing it up I realized one of the sets of six I bought I actually got five, and then one different glass. It must have been right there together and I just grabbed the wrong one. Liam and I swung by on the way to dinner and I explained to the manager what happened and she said it was fine to swap out the mismatch, but I couldn't find that sixth glass anywhere.

Today I'll be heading over to the fairgrounds for the monthly auction. There are some things I'm interested in looking at, but they are in the main room and things always go higher there so we'll see. My luck is better off to the side room, which they never get to until mid afternoon and by then a lot of people have left so the competition is less and the prices are better.

Ok, off to find some clothes and see what's happening downstairs because there's a fair amount of woofiing going on.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Oops for running over that curb in your loaner. Glad you got your PCM figured out. My last Macan the Apple Car Play had to be plugged in to the cord; this one can connect through bluetooth. It worked better for me today.

Darn about the mix up on glasses at the Salvation Army; too bad you couldn't find the 6th glass again. Did you make it to the fairgrounds? Did you find anything?

I did not go clothes shopping. I got up at 6 and had breakfast with Marty and one of his clients that was competing in the meet today. The other guy wanted to eat breakfast at home. After they left for the meet I logged in to work for a while then took my shower and headed off to the lifting competition. I was really ticked off all the salt and sand on the road from our recent snow storm was getting hurled at my car from the semis in front of me as they play their go slow and try to pass each other trick. I honestly thought of turning around and coming home but I continued. The parking lot at the competition was packed so I double parked behind Marty's truck and it was funny because almost every time I went to the restroom someone was telling the person at the desk hey someone is double parked out there.

The competition ran from 9 am and got over about 4 pm. Sitting on those hard folding chairs made me really stiff; I took Advil a couple of times. The guy who was lifting from Marty's gym pulled his hamstring on his 3rd squat. He didn't try anymore and was in a lot of pain so as soon as Marty finished his last deadlift I left and brought that guy back to town. He left his pickup in our driveway and had me drop him off at home. The roads were mostly clear with a few ground blizzards here and there. After we got back to down and heading north on the interstate a car pulled on from the on ramp and threw up a rock I could see coming. I am pretty sure it chipped my window. Rats.

I took a PBJ and 2 cookies to the competition so I had lunch there. When I got home I decided to do my own lifting today rather than tomorrow. My SIL met us at the meet and came back to our house for the night. Marty is grilling pichania tomorrow and ended up ending the lady client who competed today over for lunch. My SIL are going to go look for a pineapple in the morning to grill.

I need to figure out a topic for the May article to submit to the newspaper and get that done tomorrow.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I am still stiff and sore from those hard arse folding chairs I sat in yesterday but I have got a lot done. We went out for breakfast, picked up a few groceries then came home and did Sunday chores. One of Marty's clients came over to eat lunch with us; we had pichana, asparagus and pineapple all cooked on the grill. It was TASTY. I just got back from topping off my gas tank and getting my car washed. Yes it is going to snow tomorrow but it was filthy. Having short arms I have to open the door to use those touch screens like ATM or at car washes and then my parking break turned on and I couldn't get it to come off. I am sure the people behind me thought what an idiot. I definitively have 2 small rock chips in the windshield and the glass over my headlights are a bit pitted now. The front bumper seems to have a few chips but it could be something stuck on it since I'd image they are rubber but not sure. I didn't want to scrape on them to see. I started my May article for the newspaper this afternoon. #nothingthrillinggoingonhere

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, YOWCH to the guy who pulled his hamstring. Was he able to pick up his truck? And double YOWCH to the rock hitting your window. Maybe it's not chipped though. I have plenty of things that hit my windshield that I think, "Well that's going to be a problem," and then it's fine.

The fairgrounds yesterday was very fruitful! And today Liam and I went up to two auctions right over the Wisconsin line just a few miles apart and we both got a bunch of stuff there too. I swear I have a TON of new listings to put up (over 20!) but I'm too tired, LOL. I did totally score on some things both days, so I"m really happy about that.

We are having grilled chicken and burgers for dinner, which I'm looking forward too because food today was hit or miss. I did have two glasses of wine when we got home from the auctions though, ha ha.

OK, off to get some potatoes ready to bake and clear off the table so there's room to eat!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Wow, I slept like a rock! The past two days really took it out of me. Not sure how today is going to unfold; I have a ton of work to do but the dining room table is covered with glasses and moving them only to have to put them back and take pics doesn't sound very appealing. It might be easier to move my "office" to the kitchen table, LOL.

Liam just said it was starting to sprinkle. Whatever weather thing is going to happen here better happen SOON or else my head is going to explode. Yesterday the younger feral even said he had a headache and I'm sure it's weather related too. Poor kid, I feel for anyone who suffers through barometric changes like this. Ugh.

There is going to be a gem show in the area next weekend for the first time in over a year and I think a few of the local PS peeps are going to meet me there. I"m SOOOO excited!!! Not sure how big the show will be under the circumstances but I'm just happy to have some form of socialization and normalcy and it will be fun to go and look regardless of whether I get anything. Plus I lurve these gals and really miss them! Did I mention how excited I am?!?

Alright, off to get this busy day going!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I do have 2 little chips in the windshield. Darn. My car was clean until I drove it to work this morning. Double Darn. I hate to admit it but the Goodyear tires have done fine on the ice and in the snow. I'm still getting my Michelin's installed on Thursday though.

That poor guy who pulled his hamstring is still in lots of pain. His wife picked up his truck. The video of him lifting when it happened shows his entire leg shake when it happened. I wonder if he tore something. A friend of mine also sliced off the end of her thumb with a knife; bad weekend for pain.

Good deal to find some more glassware to post on your site. Dinner sounds great! We tried our rotisserie with pichana yesterday; it was awesome. I told Marty he should try a chicken for us next.

Sweet you had a good night's sleep. Did you set up at the kitchen table today?

Did you get rain? Snow? We had snow all day. It will quit overnight sometime. That is too bad on of the boys gets headaches from weather changes; I have that problem and it sucks.

Wow that would be awesome to go to a gem show and see some PS members. I wish I was there. Maybe you'll get G.G. by then.

Work was it's usual chaotic challenge today; I only took a 20 minute lunch. Tomorrow one of the team is out so I'll do her work. The new tasks started today and the first lady who had that task today really struggled. I'll see how the other 2 do with it. In the long run it eliminates some duplicates across the 2 departments and makes everyone a little more involved in both departments.

Strangest thing my eyes are suddenly different and my 2 plus year old glasses work better for me than my new glasses. I've been wearing my computer glasses at work so maybe my brain has changed how / what I see?

Tomorrow is the Apple event - I hope to hear great new specs on an iPad pro so I can have an excuse to buy one.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, oh no about the chips in the windshield! I got one in Billy Ray's windshield and the car guys had it filled so it didn't turn into a crack and spread. They did such a good job that I have to really look for it, and when I find it it's just a little speck. Is the guy going to have his leg checked out by a doctor or just do "the man thing" and wait to see what happens? I did set up on the kitchen table yesterday and I will likely be there for a few days yet until I get around to taking pictures of some of the glass and storing it. I did order some more storage boxes yesterday but of course after I placed the order I did a more careful reading of the reviews and some people said they weren't super sturdy. I never stack more than a few high anyway so hopefully it won't be a problem. I did get some a few years ago that are really good but they were very expensive too. Everything in life is a trade off, right?! No snow for us yesterday and really only a sprinkle of rain. This spring weather is just meh right now.

Today I need to continue down the path I started yesterday and work on my project some more more (which is not the annual review, but it's something my boss wants done anyway). If only there were more hours in the day!

I've been looking at the estate sale pictures for this week and there's a set of green glasses with blue stems I would like to get, but the sale is 30 miles away and I'd have to get there (no joke) like two hours early to get a good number so I could be in the door in the first wave. I wouldn't mind if I knew that I'd have a good enough internet connection to work on some of my draft listings and upload pictures, etc., so the time waiting would be well spent, but I am of course not sure of that. So once again, the balance between going to get inventory I may never see again vs. working on the 20+ listings I have sitting right here that need to be put up. What was I just saying about not enough hours in the day?!

I think the landscapers must be at the neighbors' house because I hear some sort of equipment running and the dogs are going nutso. Better go put them in their kennel or I'll never get any peace in which to take my shower and get ready.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday Indeed!

Dee Jay, glad they were able to fix the chips in Billy Ray's windshield. I might stop by Thursday afternoon when I get back with my new tires and have them look at it.

It sounds like that guy is doing the guy thing. He is better today whatever that means. I'll never forget the day I called in sick to work because I had bronchitis and thought I'd have to feel better to die but then Marty got up and said he was staying home because he felt like crap. I just went to work; I figured it was easier to feel like crap at work than put up with Marty being sick. Am I bad or what? Everyone at work said I thought you called in sick. I told them it was a joke.

I hope the boxes you ordered work okay for shipping. I am sure super heavy / sturdy boxes cost more. The tubes they send barbells in seem to weight more than the barbell. They'd be a great weapon if I could swing one. Ha Ha.

We had sunshine all day so everything was melted by the time I came home tonight. More snow expected tomorrow night but I should be okay to go get my tires Thursday. It was slick in spots this morning on the drive to work.

Did you decide to try and go get those glasses? They sound interesting blue with green stems. I had no idea the process you go through to get prime picking at estate sales; it does make sense.

Darn that the activity next door stirred up the dogs. The dog next to us is about the size of a colt; when he barks he scares the crap out of me.

One of my employees was gone today. I did her work and mine and had it all done by 2 pm. Do you think my employees paused and thought huh, how did she get all of that done so fast? Probably not. It was fun though, I kind of like doing work work rather than my usual.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on just going to work instead of being home with Marty sick. When Liam had his after effects from the covid vaccine I thought to myself thank god I never had to deal with him having actual covid because just the small stuff he had was like a TRAGEDY! It might be good the people next door have a big scary dog because that is great security even for your house. Blue (the Aussie) is a real sweetheart, but he's got a mean bark. Sometimes if I'm just running to the post office or whatever I leave them out if I don't feel like securing the whole house because I figure he's enough of a deterrent for anyone that might come by. The blue/green glass adventure will be on Friday morning but I had a crazy dream about them last night. The sale was in a highrise (instead of a regular house) and I got there super early to be number one in the door, but then all these other people rushed in ahead of me and went for the elevators. Another lady (who I think was actually my friend Brenda, but I'm not 100% sure) said she was taking the stairs since we only had to go down three floors. I followed her but when I exited on the right floor she was nowhere to be seen and I ended up wandering around looking for the right place. Eventually I ended up going toward the kitchen of the Walnut Room, which is a grand old restaurant in the Marshall Field (not Macy's) building downtown and some bartender bolted out from behind the bar and was like, Lady, you can't go in there. I'm not sure if I ever got the glasses! Let's hope Friday is a more successful outing than that!!!

Yesterday I had a miserable earache. I think it must be sinus related, and even though I loaded up on the meds it still hurt like he!!. Today I need to do a bunch of work to make up for what didn't get done yesterday. Plus I have my weekly call with my boss, so that will be joyful. NOT.

Not much else exciting to report. Might as well get up and get on with it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I totally chuckled at Liam's reaction to the side effects from the vaccine. I feel your pain. Years ago there was some comedian talking about her pathetic her boyfriend acted when he didn't feel good yet no matter what she asked him he didn't know what hurt. She decided he had "left". A friend of mine and I to this day still refers to our husbands as having "left" when they are sick.

I agree a dog with a good bark would be a good deterrent. People even with half a brain aren't going to tempt fate with a unknown dog. My stuffed animals aren't going to scare anyone though. Darn.

What a crazy mixed up dream you had. I hate dreams like that; they wear me out and of course you think about them and wonder what the hell did all that mean? I hope getting to those glasses is no where near that much hassle. And how rude that the bartender didn't even give you a drink. WTH?

I hope your earache is better tonight. I bet that was miserable.

We have had light snow all day. I am STILL going to go get my tires. I am not leaving until a little after 8 so it should be fine by then. I even saw snow coming straight down this morning; a very novel sight for Wyoming. My main accomplishment today was not losing it on one of my employees; I swear a 3 month employee would have a better understanding of our job that he does.

Spring must be on the way though our lawn service did our spring aeration. Ooh.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, your accomplishment at not losing it on one of your employees reminds me of something I once put on a performance review: I did not hit, kick or bite anyone this entire year. Ha! As for what the dream meant... who knows. My brain does crazzzzzy thing when I sleep! We had snow yesterday too, but only like five flakes. If Liam hadn't pointed out the window right then and said look, it's snowing, I would have missed it. Hopefully you don't get any more today and the roads are good for your tire trip.

Yesterday I actually got a bit of work done. Today and tomorrow I am going to try to get all my new listings up, and there are three or four old ones where I realize the pictures aren't doing the glasses any favors so I might try to at least take a new cover photo for those. This all sounds so simple... but 20+ listings is rather ambitious. We'll see how far I get! I was toying with using a different part of the house last night because there's a long table at the entryway that gets good light, but the wall behind it is very yellowish beige. I might try a few pictures there to see how they turn out, but I'm not too hopeful.

There must have been some sort of tornado in the laundry room because it's a complete disaster. I have a bad habit of taking clothes out of the dryer and folding half and putting the rest of them on to to deal with later. Well apparently I've done that several times in a row because there's a mish mash of folded and unfolded things, clean but unmatched socks, etc., and the pile is in danger of toppling over and burying me, so I need to deal with that too. Plus I'd really like to take everything out of that room and sweep the floor because it's also the entryway from the garage and there are little bits of leaves and grass and stuff around. I've got a call I need to listen to from 11 to 12, maybe I'll make that my project then.

OK, off to start today's adventure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results