carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I did check out your new items last night. You could get some battery LED lights to put in the purple vase if you end up keeping it. Such a fun selection you have.

I always have to start with a clean kitchen too; drives me crazy otherwise. Our dining room table is our collect all. At our last house we only had a 36" round table and it was usually so full we couldn't eat there. We have a large rectangle table here that collects stuff on one end and we can eat on the other end. Sweet. My pile is way smaller than it used to be at the old house; I usually go through it every weekend. My cleaning lady is here now - she misses stuff but wow do my wood floors always look fabulous because of her.

Your stack of laundry sounds like a chore; hopefully the clean clothes did magically find their way upstairs. One can hope.

Is the new rug staying in place? When we were cleaning out my parent's house we decided the braided rug in front of the sink and dishwasher came with the house. My dad had glued it on the floor. No way were were pulling that sucker up; their floor had fairly new fake wood flooring on it and we had no intention then of replacing the section under the rug. The house also came with a dresser that had been bolted in to the cement foundation in the basement.

LOL to having a squirrel moment on page 3 of your document. That'ss about my attention span most of the time.

Nice to get a new monitor to use with your laptop. I hope it works well for you. I tried that at first but have adjusted to my crappy, cheap HP work laptop. I have a iMac at work so really like it. They took pity on me because of my bad eye so I get bigger / better monitors because of that. Too bad it doesn't apply to my work laptop.

Not much going on with me. Both my SIL and I have felt funny since Saturday. According to Dr Google we could both be having a stroke, a heart attack but that's highly unlikely. We just decided we were too mean to kill. We were kind of dizzy, lightheaded, headaches.

I have today off; I needed to use some time this pay period and today was the least amount of work or issues on tap so today it is. I think I'll head to Sams Club and get some dead animal and hoard some paper products.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, that's a good idea about putting lights in the vase! It's such a pretty color I think they would shine through beautifully. The rug is staying in place really well, which I'm happy about because it makes me crazy when I walk past the front door and the rug is all wonky. LOL about your dad gluing the rug down in front of the sink! How are you and your SIL feeling?

Yesterday the glasses that had gotten the most "favorites" in my store were sold. I'm glad they finally went to someone (I was starting to wonder why on earth no one had bought them yet since they generated so much interest!), but I'm sorry they're gone because I think they brought a lot of people to my page. Oh well, if you put something out in the marketplace you have to expect it to sell!

Speaking of selling, Ilya had a couple of emerald cuts sell out from under us as he was trying get my matched pair together for G.G. I finally said just buy them when you see a good pair and don't sent me the specs and wait for me to reply. He knew what I was looking for and what I was willing to pay so I trust him. He actually found some yesterday that are 6.2 X 4.15 and pulled the trigger. I'm glad they are a little bigger than my minimum (6 x 4) and I am excited to keep this project rolling along.

I somehow did NOT finish reading the document yesterday... but I have a call with my boss this afternoon so I need to get on that! OK, off to shower and READ!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I use colored LED lights in clear crystal vases, dishes or glass jars; I bet they would look great in colored vases. I am easily entertained so anything shiny or sparkly gets my attention.

Glad your rug is staying place. Our area rug in the entry way moves all the time. It's 8 x 6 feet I think; we bought a pad for under it rather than the non-skid mat and it needs pulled back or over frequently. Now that I have muscles I can do it myself.

I have not talked to my SIL today - I do feel better but I am pretty tired still. I just did my lifting and noticed I was a bit lightheaded after that. My sinuses are still talking to me.

That's the problem with putting things up for sale; someone will buy them. However, when I didn't want to sell my 1966 Mustang I got offers all the time; when I wanted to sell it no one was interested. Go figure.

Nice that Ilya got your EC sides for G.G. I was not overly eager to send you my EC studs because I really like them - they are not quite 6x4 mm though. I am wearing them tomorrow now that I mentioned them. I can't wait to see your ring.

I hope you got everything read before the call with your boss today. I was quite busy at work and it's only going to get busier. Joy.

I was delighted to work at home today - I guess our inch or so of snow last night made everything really slick. Good day to be home!

Off to eat supper - I am baking a mini pizza; last of the 5 I got out of my pizza mix.

Curby
Sun.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I read everything for the 12 o'clock call... and it got delayed to 4 pm. Grrrr... I then sent my boss a red-line with-mark ups and he asked me to scan him the pages with hand written notes so he could pick them out easily. Buttttt the red-line has the changes in RED. And they're UNDERLINED. So you'd THINK that would be obvious... ? But apparently not! Anyway... About your rug; I found a really good solution aside from rug pads (which work better in some settings than other's I've noticed. I got it at At Home and it's "sticky" tape that's about 4 or 5 inches wide and you put in around the perimeter of the back of the rug and then press it down on the floor. But "sticky" is relative -- It doesn't exactly STICK. It's just tacky enough to keep it from moving, but doesn't leave any residue or damage that I can tell. I've used it here in Liam's entryway, which is hardwood, and also on the rug in my master bathroom downtown, which is marble. Using it in the bathroom actually saved me a bit of money and hassle because the rug there is just perfect (visually) but it wouldn't stay put when the door was opened/closed because of low clearance. I tried this tape as a last resort before I bought something new and it worked like a charm!

My new monitor came yesterday and I can't believe I've spent the past year without it! I even managed to hook it up my myself with only one small snafu. See... you have to push the POWER BUTTON to get it to come on, ha ha.

Tomorrow morning I have an early morning estate sale adventure planned! There are pictures of some pink stemware I want, including one single very specific glass. It looks like there is only one in the whole field of pink; it's called the Tiffin Flanders Poppy. I have a tall and a small, but only one of each, and Liam found them at the Salvation army ages ago for 75 cents apiece. They are tied for my favorite pink along with the Tiffin Oriental Pheasants. There are some other pinks too that I would list on my store, but I want that one for myself. Yes, I know, I need to get a life! When someone plans on going to an estate sale two hours early to get a number in the hopes of buying One Single Glass... :lol:

Ok, off to get some work done now that I can actually SEE it on my new monitor!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, darn that your side stones for G.G. aren't good performers; the right ones are out there. I did wear my EC diamonds in your honor today.

I chuckled at your red line mark ups and underlined suggestions on that report not being good enough for your boss; sounds like my boss. He and I do not think alike. AT ALL! Thank you for the info on the non-skid stuff for rugs; I'll have to look for it. The one by our garage door could sure use something like that.

Nice that your monitor works so well; darn that elusive power button. I tried hooking my work laptop up to one of our monitors last year when I started working at home but the problem is our applications have such crappy resolution that blowing them up just makes it blobby.

I hope you are able to snag those pink stemware at the estate sale tomorrow. That's great you enjoy your glassware search and acquisition; it's a great hobby to enjoy! And way cheaper than gemstones and diamonds.

Work was crazy busy today - I even worked late. How decided am i? I baked chicken for us for lunch; I rarely eat chicken because it doesn't agree with me but I sure like it. We had rice and veggies with it. Supper was a grilled cheese; easy and tasty.

I'll be in the office tomorrow then the weekend is finally here. Woo hoo!

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of snafu - Marty ordered in a new barbell for the gym - they weigh 75 pounds and the darned cardboard tube they mail them in weighs a ton as well - I'm working and hear this loud clunk so start looking around outside to see what the heck that was - so I go out on the porch to get it in the house. I had to prop the storm door open and pick up the one end, pull that end in the house then go to the other end of the tube and pick it up and push. I was all proud I could lift it and get it in the house. Then I couldn't figure out how to get the storm door to close again; it was real easy to prop it open you just push a knob down and it locks the spring in place. Marty comes home to get the barbell and shows me how to close the door - you just have to open it all the way and it closes. It looked so easy.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, LOL on the door! I do stuff like that all the time. And once someone shows me how something works it seems so damn obvious! Ilya found me another side stone to go with the good one. It's narrower (so they'll be 6.25 x 4.12 and 6.23 x 3.99). He assured me I won't notice the difference in width... so I guess I'm going with them. Assuming of course when it shows up it's a good match. And he's got another back up too, so eventually we'll get this ring done! :lol:

This morning's adventure was just that. I got to the estate sale an hour and a half before the doors opened... and I was the eighth car! They gave out numbers an hour ahead of time. Some lady tried to cut in line and the mob turned on her. Man oh man -- you want to see MAD just go watch a bunch of old people object to some interloper thinking they can just walk right up to the door and buy the sh!t they have been standing around for 90 minutes in the damp chill to buy! I got some pink glasses, but a lot of them were chipped. There is also a TON of clear stemware, but it was priced too high. I'll go back tomorrow morning and hopefully snag some then. This particular estate sale company always has 50% off the second day. If a sale is three days then it's 50% of on day 2 and 70% off on day 3, but by then there's nothing good left.

I ran to the post office to ship a set of glasses that sold over night and I wanted to go through Culver's drive through on the way back but the line was about 20 cars deep so I came back and ate yogurt and potato chips. Do I know how to live or what?!

This afternoon I want to take pics of the stuff I bought and some other things I've still got scattered about but haven't listed yet. I need to get that done and then find some reasonable way to pack up the stuff that's left that I don't intend to sell. And then I'll be all caught up!

Ok, off to see if my idea about using the dining room table with the sheers pulled closed behind it will work for a good backdrop.

Later gators!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG -- I have to tell you this!

So I had a lady buy a big fruit bowl from my store. And then a few minutes later she cancelled the order and sent a message saying she was sorry but she read the description after she bought it and saw that the items I used as photo props didn't come with the thing for sale. I was like... "Do you want the fake fruit... ?" Well she did! So I said, okey dokey, if you still want the bowl I'll include the faux lemons and oranges and grapes, oh my!

Deal done!

:lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG -- I have to tell you this!

So I had a lady buy a big fruit bowl from my store. And then a few minutes later she cancelled the order and sent a message saying she was sorry but she read the description after she bought it and saw that the items I used as photo props didn't come with the thing for sale. I was like... "Do you want the fake fruit... ?" Well she did! So I said, okey dokey, if you still want the bowl I'll include the faux lemons and oranges and grapes, oh my!

Deal done!

:lol:

That is pretty darned funny. So I’ll be watching for expensive wine and delicious chocolates to get shipped with my order. :lol-2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am still puzzled why that lady wanted the fake fruit. You have good taste in props.

I hope the new EC for your ring perform well and are a good match. This is slowing down progress to get the G.G. on your finger.

That is interesting how people can get upset and nasty cutting in line to get in to an estate sale. I know Black Friday shopping can bring out the ugly in people too! Nice you found some pink glasses you like and hopefully the clear ones are reduced tomorrow. I hope your new idea for a background works well.

You are probably frequenting the post office on a regular basis now. I tried to buy Culvers yesterday too and also decided that line was way too long. I am rather hungry right now as well; my piece of toast, one egg and 2 pieces of canadian bacon plus grapes did not fill me up. We are having a grilled tenderloin roast for lunch. I plan to fill up on that and strawberries.

I was out of the shower and dressed before 8 so we went to Sams Club first thing. Good call since the store wasn't busy at all then. I hoarded some more paper goods since "they say" the cargo ship stuck in the Suez canal will cause TP shortage again. We bought assorted dead animal for the freezer, eggs, flour, sugar, a new set of towels to try, OTC pain meds and Marty got cleaning supplies for the gym. After we got home it took me forever to take care of everything, split out the meat inn to freezer bags and start on laundry. I need a nap already since I was up till about midnight. Think I'll get the astronomy club newsletter done today. We picked up a almost 6 pound tenderloin roast at Sams and Marty plans on cooking all of it today. He eats for about 3 people so it won't last long.

I dialed in and took care of a few things for work; I even am helping my on call person tomorrow with monitoring several games we have to wait to finish then put blackout patterns on the following game. My poor team has been doing daily monitoring for over a month and since 2 people have to do it volunteers are harder to find.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, before I forget to ask (again!), how is your BIL doing? Going to Sam's first thing is the way to go. I'm all about the least possible people in my way between me and the merchandise, LOL. Did you read about the blockage in the Suez canal potentially impacting toilet paper supply? Guess I'll be picking up an extra zillion pack when I go to Costo to get the Easter ham this week! How is the tenderloin? :lickout:

This morning Liam and I went back to the estate sale and I got a slew (26!) of glasses for an average of about two bucks apiece. As I mentioned, the pricing on the second day is always much better. It is mostly clear stemware, but also a set of five super cute little pink glasses similar to a set I sold last week off my site. Five is such an odd number to list, but I see it all the time so I guess I'll give it a go. I did put up three listings between yesterday and today, two with the pink stemware I got yesterday along with some others, and another with clears. My dining room table idea works well, but only at a certain time of the day or everything is too backlit from the window. At least I know it's an option, but I have to take those pics early or they look crappy. Is your snow gone yet?

The ferals are now here for a week because they have spring break. I am thinking of decamping into the city for a few days, but I know the moment I get in the car people will buy stuff and I won't be here to ship it. I also have to come back by Thursday morning anyway because I have a vaccine appointment. Or at least I think I do. It's complicated... And I also think it's the J&J, which is what I want. We'll see how/if this all works out like it's supposed to!

There is likely going to be Panda Express for dinner. I usually try to cook something (including a form of vegetable!) when the ferals are here, but I'm just tired today after getting up two days in a row before seven to go to that estate sale, LOL.

Alright, off to start washing some glasses!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Last night I decided to do my nails, even though I could have probably gone another several days if I just repaired the thumbs since I jacked those up getting the price tags off all the glasses. Hey! I said, It's SPRING! So I went Bright. With a Capital B. Oy. This is likely to be the one and only time I ever use this neon-ish pink. Yet another color that looked good online and in person... woah.

Liam has headed off to a farm auction and I am going to list stuff today. I made him speak to the children before he left because last night the younger one was Out Of Control and I'm not dealing with that level of feralness. If that doesn't work I'll just duct tape him and put him in the bathroom until Liam gets back. :lol:

My car is an absolute disaster. The mats need cleaned from all the salt and I ate a crumbly granola bar that resulted in a total mess. The Audi dealer said the car wash will be open as of the 15th of March. I think I'm going to find out if that's true this week and take it over there.

OK, off to dry my hair and get to listing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my BIL was back in the hospital; they found a blockage in his heart and put in a stint. Since they found that they are waiting a few weeks before trying the shock treatment to try and correct his aFib. He is on new blood pressure and blood thinner medicine. Poor guy has been fighting this and trying to get on the road to recovery for over 2 months. Thank you for asking.

I totally agree the best time to shop is when there are not many people in the store. I did hear that boat stuck in the Suez Canal could impact TP supplies again. Joy! I picked up TP, paper towels, Puffs and napkins yesterday.

The tenderloin was delicious. We have leftovers for lunch today. I got a free 2.5 pound ham with my last order from Omaha Steaks so we'll have that next Sunday.

Nice you picked up the glasses for $2 each. I did see your new listings and the window lighting in the background looks great. I have to try and use natural lighting in my house because i hate all our "yellow" bulbs. My friend sent ma a picture last night of one of her glasses. Her 12 year old daughter had 3 friends over for breakfast then my friend took them to a early movie. She made them fruit and yogurt to go with breakfast and put them in her lime green glasses. Glad to see she is enjoying them so much. Her birthday isn't until April 1st but I gave them to her early.

Our snow has melted quite a bit but it's still there. The street drifts are maybe 1 to 2 feet now; some down the street are maybe 4 feet now. Such fun. Hoping they are mostly gone before our next storm - we easily have 7 to 8 weeks left for big snow storms left here.

Oh no for spring break time. Good luck with the ferals there all week. I did chuckle at your idea of duct taping the youngest if he acts up today; I doubt Liam or feral #2 would find that amusing though. I totally get it. I am not around kids that much anymore and they can sure get on my nerves. There was this rotten little kid in the grocery store one time; he was probably 5 or so and totally out of control screaming and yelling, wouldn't get out of people's way; his mom wasn't paying attention or trying to control him so about half way through the store I come around the corner and he is in the middle of the isle and has no intention of moving. Mom is no where is sight so I looked him right in the eye and kept heading his way - strange he moved and stayed the heck out of my way the rest of the store. Punk kid!

If I was getting the vaccine I'd pick the one shot option as well. I hope you get your shot okay and have no side effects from it.

Yay for bright neon pink nails. I totally need to do mine today as well. Seems like I broke over half of them yesterday doing chores around the house.

I hope you get your car washed. Can you take my car in to get washed as well? I can get mine washed and cleaned inside if I want to drive 50 miles to get there.

Not much going on today - seems like I got most everything done yesterday that I need to get done. Woo hoo! And I finished book 2 of a 5 book series I am reading. I lifted this morning and am baking potatoes for lunch to go with left over tenderloin. I think I will fix us a dish of grapes and strawberries to go with that. I am totally toying with buying myself a new iPad. The one I have is "fine" but I have convinced myself it would be so much better to have the bigger iPad or get the light blue iPad Air. I just can't resist shopping. I also have to work off and on most of the afternoon to take care of live sporting blackouts. Such dedication.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I hope they get your poor BIL sorted out soon. He's really been down a rough road. I'm glad your friend is enjoying her glasses so much! I am sorry now I didn't put the other four aside at the time and that someone else bought them. But I will likely come across some more that are similar (if not the same!) between now and x-mas and she can add to her collection, LOL. I skipped getting my car washed when I gassed up on Saturday because it was already sprinkling. My Audi only gives me how many miles I have left in gas in five mile increments. When I pulled out of the driveway it said I had 5 miles left before I ran out. I have no idea how far it is to the closest gas station but I was praying it was less than 5 miles, ha hah.

Yesterday I did a good job of listing stuff (which I'm sure you saw), including not only the things I bought at the estate sale but some of my "backlog" too. I think now I've taken care of all the matched sets of four or more and I just have the ones I'm going to try to coordinate into mixed sets. The big computer table in the basement is still completely covered and I can't imagine where I'm going to put all those when I finally get the pictures done... I already sold the set of four pink etched champagne coups I bought on Friday, so I was pretty pleased with that.

I have decided to "improve" my eating because... well... yanno... PANTS! Anyway, I was pretty good yesterday... uh... until the ice cream... with chocolate sauce... :lol: But other than that I did well!

Today through Wednesday is Major Clean Up for work. The quarter closes on the 31st and that also closes the period for the annual compliance review so I have to be ready to do with no loose ends. It's going to be a lonnnnnng few days!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Not much exciting to report from yesterday. I did sommmme work... but not enough, LOL. The ferals were really good and quiet so I promised them I would get Culver's for lunch today. I have to go to the post office anyway so it will work out well.

The weather here is pretty decent at the moment, approaching 50 degrees and not windy, so I'm debating a quick walk around the neighborhood before I shower. Speaking of windy, it was CRAZY here yesterday. When Liam came home he put burgers on the grill and all the sudden there was a loud BOOM. We rushed outside and the wind had blown the giant grill right off the deck and into the yard. This is not small or light grille BTW, it's a giant heavy Weber! The wind must have lifted it up by the two "workstation" metal plates on the sides. Needless to say we had pizza...

Alright -- up and up 'em!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you about my BIL - he has had a rough road. My other BIL is in way worse shape; he has stage 4 lung cancer. His tumors are inoperable, he went through chemo and then amino therapy. He seemed better for a while but has since gone downhill. Marty, his sister and his parents are all going to see him in May. I kind of hate to take a week off from work with our workload so I'll stay home. I doubt he lasts long. He used to smoke like a chimney and even 15 years ago was hacking up a lung all the time. Pretty sad.

If you do come across more of those glasses I could buy them for my friend for Christmas. Easy shopping!

Oh no you were down to 5 miles left of gas. I have been considering buying an A6 Allroad. Our Porsche / Audi dealer must need used cars because they signed me up for Carfax who keeps sending me emails you could trade your Macan for this amount. I must say it has held it's value really well - it would be worth about 60% of the original price 4 plus years later. I love, love driving the Macan but do I need another Porsche? I loved my A6 sedans and they are rated really high for safety. We will see. I spent all of last night reading reviews and watching videos on YouTube - they had one filmed in Fort Collins during our recent blizzard and looks like I wouldn't get stuck in it.

And I still will probably buy a new iPad. See - even if II decide I've spent too much on jewelry I still find things to buy.

I bet your table is full of glasses; that is great you are selling so many pieces.

Good luck with all the major clean up at work and end of the quarter and annual compliance review. I will have hellish days until about mid May - my Gordon Ramsey vocabulary is showing. Maybe that is why I'm shopping. Ha Ha.

Good luck eating better. I am trying to eat better too - Marty strongly urges me to eat more protein. It sure keeps me full longer. I have a major sweet tooth. I eat less sugar at home than at work; I get too stressed at work and then snack. I swear I have lost 2 to 3 sizes on the top but maybe only one on the hips. My tops are so sloppy but I just put crew necks under them so I don't have to buy more clothes. I am so cold it's good to wear layers.

Nice the ferals were good and quiet; Culvers sounds good for lunch. Oh no for the wind picking up the grill and knocking it over. Yes those things are heavy. I hear ours get knocked around on our deck too which makes me very nervous. Stupid wind. On that Polywood furniture I ordered for our deck I made sure the tables were the heaviest among their choices.

I did do my nails Sunday night and the polish was too thick - what a mess! I was too lazy at 10:30 to take it off and start over and I still haven't taken the polish off. It's smudged but since it's so think it's not chipping yet. Ha!

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, do you use thinner or polish remover to try to mix in and deal with thick polish? I've tried it a few times on colors I've really liked but had a long time and it never worked very well for me. Good idea on getting the heaviest possible furniture. I never imagined the wind would take that giant grill off the deck... but clearly I was wrong! I'll be curious to see what you decided to do about a new car!

Yesterday somehow slipped right away from me... I did have an interesting order from a guy in Russia though! He bought all of the yellow uranium glasses I had listed. There was a lot of back and forth on how to address the package and the paperwork. When the customs form printed out it said the contents were "uranium glasses" because it pulled right from the listing language. Uhhhhh.... NO!!! I am NOT shipping something to RUSSIA with the contents listed as URANIUM, hahahahaha!!! So I had to get creative with some cutting and pasting on the customs form before I went to the post office. Can you imagine how THAT conversation would go? "Hello ma'm, were from the NSA and we'd like to have a word with you." YIKES!

I've got a call set this afternoon with one of my colleagues to go over everything we need for the quarterly stuff because when the system closes today DONE is DONE.

There are chicken fingers in the oven and Liam just came home for "family lunch." As you can tell, the excitement here is out of control, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I have tried to thin my nail polish with polish remover and never had luck with it. If I didn't have so many bottles they wouldn't get old and thick

I can't believe what wind can pick up around here or knock over - like me. Whenever I pass semi trailers on windy days I really punch it going by them. After bad wind storms there will be dozens of them on the road between here and Fort Collins or Laramie.

I am still considering that A6 Allroad - I planned on calling our sales guy today but never had the time. One of my employees called in sick so I did his work and my work. Busy day. At least this quantity of work will only last about 6 more weeks. If we custom order a car we missed the end of quarter today - order slots close the end of March for builds starting in July then delivery in the fall. I know more about the Audi / Porsche order process than I probably should. There is one in Denver I really like - it's a kind of teal green with blacked out trim and grill. I watched several more youtube videos today. I put my Audi bear on the coffee table in front of the TV so he could watch them too. Ha Ha.

I did totally chuckle about shipping Uranium glasses to Russia - that would result in all sorts of unwanted attention. A different description should work fine. You have quite a few new things there - I tried to like all of them.

I hope you got the quarterly stuff wrapped up today.

Chicken fingers for lunch sound good. I ordered us burgers from Five Guys with Door Dash. I have no idea what I'll do tomorrow. Both of us are too busy to run out and pick something up or take time to stop and cook.

I had some Gordon Ramsey outbursts while working today and a friend and my sister kept texting me which didn't help. I was glad to log off at 4:30. I went downstairs to lift and had to dial in 3 times tonight because something is triggering an error message in our system at midnight on the morning of the 2nd. I sure can't see a problem in my stuff.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I had to go look up the Adui Allroad because I wasn't familiar with it. So it's similar to the Q3 but a little more like a car (? - at least that's my interpretation). I actually really like that and would have considered it if I'd seen any on the lot where I got my Q3. I can't find the teal color though, is it special order? I tried to do the "build" option on the site thinking I would find it, but no luck. I also like the blacked out trim version on Audis! Will you have to be at the ready to deal with the mysterious error at midnight on the 2nd if you can't get the problem cleared before then?

Yesterday I had a two hour call with the other guy in my department that I work with to do the certs. I cleared up two things... and now have like seven more to take care of today LOL. But I think we're set for the certs.

Nothing sold yesterday, but that's OK because the whole Russia thing with all the back and forth and crazy packing to try to make sure the goods make it there intact was a lot the day before. I did have a lady message me last night and say she should have bought the uranium glasses when she first saw them. I'm not really sure what to say in a situation like that... I mean, usually when something like this is gone, it's gone. Depression era uranium glass is not exactly falling off of trees, especially in that unusual yellow color, so I don't have any more to offer her. I do feel bad she's disappointed, but there's only so much I can do to make people happy...!

My office is "closed" tomorrow so in theory I could try to work on clearing up some of the mixed sets of glasses I want to put together and list, but who know if that will actually happen. There is an estate sale that has some pink, but it's by one of the expensive companies and I think I'll try to run over on Saturday morning and get the Day 2 discount. It's not really stemware, but they have some interesting looking candle holders that I'd like to check out.

OK, off to start the day's adventure. I'm kind of motivated now that I got the first half of that big chore done yesterday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay that color is one of the regular selections; it's called avalon green metallic. I posted a picture below that kind of shows it. That color is one of the hardest colors to photograph. In the old film days working at the photo shop / portrait studio we hated to hear the wedding party hiring us were going to have bridesmaid dresses in teal. Fuji film captured that color the best but to get the dresses to look right then skintones started to go funny colors.

I guess Audi used to sell the Allroad station wagons in the US until 15 years ago; then they brought it back in 2020. I had a Mercury tracer wagon and loved it; I was teaching then and could load up books, projects, telescopes, etc in the back and be good to go. From what I've read this drives like the A6 sedan and is only an inch longer than the sedan; but 10 inches longer than the Macan. I emailed our salesman but didn't hear anything today. If I don't hear by about 11 am tomorrow I am going to call. The blacked out trim does look great; kind of makes it look mean. Vroom, vroom. I'd just bypass him and go straight to Denver to see this car but if I buy it from the dealer in Denver I'd feel funny taking it to Fort Collins for service.

That error was still there this morning and finally the determined they needed to update the query and remove the old channel numbers. Easily fixed. Several sports networks were in take down today and about 30 minutes before I planned on calling it a day my boss told me I had to remove about 400 blackouts off those channels. I am like are you kidding me? Then of course I figured out the quick and dirty way to take care of it - about 10 minutes later (most of it was confirming it worked) I emailed a response "like that was hard". I told my boss it pays to know how your tools work. Ha!

That's great you are pretty much wrapping up all the certs. Woo hoo to getting that behind you.

I bet packing everything to ship to Russia would take time. I guess that lady will maybe realize you snooze you loose. That happens to all of us; we should have bought it when we saw it. No one's fault but our own. That's kind of where I'm at with the car. The back of my mind doesn't want to afford having the Porsche fixed if it ever breaks down. I know I could get an extended warranty but for $4 to $6 to add 2 years? Seems to make more sense just to buy a new car. When my 2005 A6 broke down and was 5 years old we finally traded it while it was still tore down in their parking lot. It took them 2 months to find and fix the issue, tried and rejected many parts that had to come from Germany the labor on that would have probably required us to take out a second mortgage on our home. It ended up the steering wheel locked up thinking someone was stealing the car; that chip just needed replaced.

I hope you find some great treasures on day 2 of the estate sale.

Other than work today I did 2 batches of laundry. We are going out to dinner with some of Marty's clients tonight - they are actually the parents of the lady I bought the green glasses for from you. Her birthday is today but she is visiting her sister in California. We thought it would be funny to go celebrate her birthday without her.

I had Marty bring me some apple pie last night from the restaurant he ate at after the gym; i zapped it in the microwave to warm it up and it was awful. I threw it away and thawed out 2 cookies to eat instead. The apples weren't not baked enough so were hard.

Laters,
Curby
A%.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I do like that color -- although I can see how it would be hard to capture and also balance other things like skin tone. I have a hard enough time taking pictures where just one thing matters, like bling or glasses, ha ha. I'm glad you got the work problem fixed and didn't have to get up at midnight and reset the alarm, LOL. I'm channeling you today with the laundry. When I passed through the laundry room on my way to the garage this morning I realized that the clothes have achieved Mt. Everest status once again. Having the ferals here this week certainly hadn't helped...

So I am vaccinated!!! J&J, which is fine with me. I know some people want the other ones but I am more than happy with this version. The "kids" from the national guard unit running the clinic looked about twelve! But they were all super sweet and it was a very efficient process. Liam's appointment is this afternoon around 3:30.

I'm going to go over to the storage place early tomorrow morning to try and retrieve Billy Ray from his winter vacation. I say "try" because I'm not sure if the trickle charger set-up worked... Fingers crossed because getting him jumped would be a REAL PITA. After that I'd like to swing by two estate sales, the one with the pink candle holders and another with some interesting looking stuff. Not really depression era things, but vintage nonetheless, and in a fun colors.

The older feral spent the night at a friend's house and Liam is supposed pick him up at noon. I hope he brings lunch home. Not that it would be anything exciting (probably just culvers) but at least I wouldn't have to make pizza or chicken nuggets for the umteenth day in a row...

OK, off to figure out what to do with all the stuff on the dining room table. I need to put all my technology somewhere in anticipation of Easter lunch and I might as well get a head start on it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Yes indeed it's Happy Friday!

I was glad to get that issue fixed at work so no one calls me in the middle of the night. That's the not so fun part about being on all all the time.

Glad I could help out with the tower of laundry today; some days you just can't avoid it. Pesky chores.

That is great your J&J vaccination went so smoothly and nice that Liam is getting his today as well. Isn't it funny how 20 somethings look so young to us now?

Did you retrieve Billy Ray? I hope the trickle charger worked; my dad used them on things and they seemed to work great for him. How exciting to have your mean cruising machine out. On my way to work I was thinking "I love this car. Why am I thinking of trading it?" I am going to test the Allroad tomorrow. Apparently the owner of the Porsche / Audi dealer is driving it so our salesman had to make sure he could get it at the dealership tomorrow for us. My first thought was - okay the owner can drive any car he wants so either the Allroad is really great or it's the one new car he figures will be hard to sell so he drives it. My mind goes to strange places. Tonight coming home I got gas, cash and picked up window food; and my backup and drone view cameras were blank - is that a sign? I was also wondering when I'll need new tires and battery? These are things I'll have to weigh pros and cons once we take the car for a spin. If I don't love it problem solved. If I like it; then it could be easily titled either way. Or maybe I won't even like it. I have a hair cut at 10 then we can head south afterwards. I was just looking at online pictures of the metallic blue and I really like it as well, I am a sucker for blue (like sapphires ha ha).

How were the estate sales? Did you get some bargains and new treasures? Hopefully Liam did bring lunch with him after picking up the older feral. I considered going to Culvers tonight but picked Wendy's instead and did get a small frosty.

Work wasn't as bad today as every other day this week - that was nice for a change. We have so much work though my reports easily took up a half a ream of paper. I finished going through everything about 3 pm today but there were lots of things to go check on as I went along.

It's gorgeous here today. Maybe all the snow in our yard will melt this weekend.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I picked Billy Ray up this morning! I could have bent down and kissed the hood ornament when I clicked the remote and it chirped!!! That's been my big fear for the past six months so it was a HUGE relief! Buttttt... when Liam and I were on our way home (after stopping by some estate sales, LOL), I had this weird thing were it wouldn't go out of first gear. In retrospect I think I hit the sport button when I was leaning over trying to plug in my USB cord, but I about p!ssed myself. All I could think of was, "How much does a new transmission in a 911 cost?!" I was right by a cemetery so I pulled in and turned the car completely off and back and and it was fine. I also went for a long drive, both on country roads and the highway, and took it up over a hundred twice with no problem so I really do think it was the sport button. Whew!

I got one of the things I wanted at the first estate sale, but other stuff was gone. And the second sale with the pink candle holders had a line about 25 cars long so we didn't even stop at that one.

Today I need to pack up some glasses that are going to a nice lady in Oregon and then embark on a blitzkrieg of cleaning in anticipation of Liam's parents tomorrow.

What did you think of the Audi?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is great the trickle charger worked on your car and Billy Ray started right up. Oh no to having the car act up but glad it cleared up by just shutting the car off and starting it again. I totally get the oh no what is that going to cost to fix on a Porsche? Yay for getting it up to 100 a few times to test it out. As you know that is what drove me (literally) to car shopping today. I still can't believe we came home with a new Porsche but what can I say? We like driving them. The Allroad was a very nice car, plenty of horsepower and a very smooth ride but this white and black Porsche sat there going "pick me" "Pick me" so we did. I wasn't even going to buy anything today but we were there; why not? I didn't even test drive the Macan before we bought it but we just took it for a spin now and I drove.

Nice you picked up some things at one of the estate sales. Definitely a good idea to skip the long line at the second sale though.

Have fun tomorrow with the family for Easter. We aren't doing anything -probably just setting up the new car.

Laters,
Curby

Side view and Marty's finger

IMG_8683.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoppy Easter kids!!!

Curby, that is one good looking Audi, LOL! You and Marty are so happy in the picture you sent me yesterday -- I can tell how much you're enjoying it already!

Liam didn't feel great yesterday; a reaction from the vaccine I think. I guess the good news is a small reaction now will hopefully prevent a big sick later from really getting it, but I felt bad for the guy.

I need to get up and get a move on early because Liam's parents are coming sooner than I thought and I have the kitchen and dining room to clean up yet. I think there's just vacuuming left to do in the rest of the downstairs but everything else should be pretty much taken care of.

Alright! Better HOP to it! :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out for the summer! 7143E2E0-FCE7-492E-BD14-618C354C009C.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids. Happy Easter!

Dee Jay how did the day go with Liam‘s parents? I hope you had a great day! Is Liam feeling better? Poor guy.

Yay to bringing Billy Ray home for the summer. It’s looking good.

We went out for breakfast. Then came home and set up things in the car. I lifted and did laundry. After Marty got home from the gym we went for a ride and got the car washed to get the bugs off of it. We got an error message saying engine fault but okay to drive. Great. We are going back Saturday anyway. I am not thrilled the car came with Goodyear tires. I would think Porsche wouldn’t stick tires on their new cars that wouldn’t be suitable but all the reviews I’ve read of them are mostly unfavorable especially on snow and ice. I am a Michelin fan. They are not rated for as fast as the car will go either. Phooey.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A better picture of the new Curbymobile. It’s funny how bright white the car looked in infrared at night. I told Marty that is how cool it is.

C06EE5B0-BE78-4131-9B7A-B57E822FBAB0.jpeg

Attachments

• CDF77A55-3967-4781-8B41-9D57EF0A11D9.jpeg
    CDF77A55-3967-4781-8B41-9D57EF0A11D9.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 27

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, WTF that there's an engine fault message? And I agree on the tires. Do you think they will swap the out for you? Speaking of setting up the car, I need to figure out how to change the clock on the Deemobile (ha!). If i just wait long enough it will be right again, LOL, but I think I'll try to fix it before that.

Yesterday was nice. We got the house all cleaned up well ahead of Liam's parents arrival. The ham, mashed potatoes, biscuits, etc., we all good! When the 'rents left and Liam took the ferals back after being here for the entire week I sat on the deck with a biggggg glass of prosecco and relaxed.

Today I need to take a package to the post office and get my annual review under way. There are a bunch of people I reach out to every year to confirm things and for some reason I always wait to do that. We not this year! I'm firing those messages off TODAY!

It sounds like it's starting to rain and I just remembered we had some windows open downstairs that I bet never got closed last night before we went to bed. Better go check on that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, apparently the engine fault is a known issue that Porsche hasn't been able to fix yet. It apparently happens at altitude; strange my 2017 Macan didn't have it. This car was brought in from California just last week. It only had 11 miles on it so it definitely hasn't been on a lot anywhere. I decided by about 10 this morning that I was ordering Michelin tires. I at least acted like a good wife and asked Marty if I could buy new tires. I pointed out it's like a chip in a flawless diamond; it would drive me crazy. His response was I am surprised it took you this long to ask. He knows me well. I just got a quote from the dealer so I told them to get them ordered and they can put them on Saturday. They didn't say boo about giving me credit for the Goodyear tires but I guess I don't care. It's my choice so it's not like they are responsible; he was kind of talking about if I wanted them we could include them in the purchase price the other day and I said no. The dealer does a lot of charity events maybe I'll suggest they sell raffle tickets to give them away and use the money towards their next charity. I don't want to hassle with trying to sell them.

Did you figure out how to set the clock in the Deemobile? I always had to think about it in my first couple Audis but it wasn't something I remembered right away.

Sounds like dinner was quite tasty and the day went well. Having a drink and relaxing on the deck after everyone left sounds like a perfect way to finish off the day. Our deck furniture has shipped. Woo hoo!!!

Rain sounds lovely; we have rain looking clouds today but no moisture. There is a chance of rain tomorrow. I know there is more of the 4 letter cold white stuff in our future though.

It took me an hour to get home from work today. Mostly because I drove around and put in some bonus miles. I stopped by the cemetery to show the parents my new car; they must have approved because they didn't say anything - which is good because I would have got the hell out of there if they did. Then I stopped by the gym and said hi. I ordered in a thin crust cheese pizza and ate a few pieces with an apple for supper.

I did manage to get my work done today but I was sure distracted. I emailed our insurance agent and called them this afternoon but never got a reply. I will bug them again tomorrow.

Laters,
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results