shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I can't wait to see your new spinel. It looks very pretty. I think that spinel is more gray than it shows because the white background in the video has a tinge of blue. One of my blue sapphires has a gray tone to it in certain light. Let me know how that works out getting it here since it is from overseas. Would it have to go through customs? And then to pay fees on it? You know I spent way more time today looking at gemstones on Etsy. I could have bought quite a few things and as you said the prices won't break the bank. Yay for us - no cat food for a month. That setting would look great with it but obviously I'm no benchman but I'd guess it could be modified to fit your spinel. Of course how exciting you will see your emerald soon too.

LOL at comparing your jewelry collection to Elizabeth Taylor's collection. We used to gift wrap at Barnes and Noble for donations for the astronomy club one day each Decemeber and I'd go get the book of her jewelry and look through it. I even watched that Lifetime movie with Lindsey Lohan just to see the replica jewelry they had on the TV. I have watched the Lucy segment with Liz Taylor and Richard Burton and the 68 carat diamond several times.

Glad that Sunshine holds it own when you wear it; I'll have rings I think of changing and I'll wear them and realize it's okay. Of course I always want something else.

I hate those days that just disappear so fast. Today has kind of dragged for me but I haven't done much (except look at gemstones on Etsy). We went out to lunch at the place where the wind knocked me on my arse - I successfully managed to get in and out without incident.

It's always nice when games on the table can entertain the kids. How was Chili's? The last time I ate at ours I was very disappointed. I used to love their margaritas, chicken fingers, burgers and molten lava cake (but not all at once).

My last batch of laundry is in the dryer. I washed some clothes when I was working at home Thursday so that made a huge different. I lifted this morning.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Warning: Long post ahead!

Curby, so... what did you buy? :devil: Seriously, isn't that (a) addicting, and (b) astonishing at how cheap some of these stones are?! I can see a real problem coming on, LOL. Especially if I happened across some smaller stones that would fit in Ivy & Rose's settings without modification, because then the whole thing would be SO cheap I wouldn't be able to resist!!! As for laundry... I must have somehow blacked out and not done any for like a WEEK because now there is a pile the size of Mt. Everest down there an I'm scared to got into the laundry room because if it topples it will bury me and I'll smother to death under a pile of dirty jeans and t-shirts and socks -- oh my!

Yesterday. Let me just start by saying it turned out to be A. Day. The time I "spent with you" was definitely the best part of it! We went and met Liam's ex at Chili's for lunch and she handed over the kids. It was 1 o'clock by then and the hostess said it would be another 45 minutes. Well of course they were starving so we went across the street to Applebee's. MISTAKE. It was only about a quarter full, but it took FOREVER to get seated (the couple in front of us in line actually gave up and left. And the whole process after that was lonnnnng and drawwwwwn out. Fortunately I had a mini-Monopoly game in my purse I'd gotten with a happy meal earlier in the week so I whipped that out and the kids played. Then the food FINALLY came... and it was BEYOND TERRIBLE. The kids and Liam didn't eat more than two bites. Fortunately I had ordered the appetizer combo for my meal so I had something on my plate everyone would eat, but it was just BAD. The little one ordered chocolate milk, which they brought him in the same size cups that out sodas came in, so like a big gulp size I swear. Well he was so hungry he drank TWO of them. Eventually we got out of there... and as we were approaching the car he said "I don't feel so good" and... um... reproduced the chocolate milk. All over the parking lot. So then the older one FREAKED OUT because he has that phobia where you are afraid of other people puking to the point that you get upset and puke too. I ushered him off to the far end of the parking lot and by some miracle he didn't also reproduce anything, but the whole think was just surreal. I felt terrible for both kids. We were finally able to get the older one to agree to ride in the car with the younger one, and took them back to the house where they waited for their mom to come and get them. The older one wouldn't even come inside while he waited, and it took her quite a while to get here. OMG. So that' show the afternoon went!!!

Fortunately I had taken pics for the three listings you saw between the time I got done talking with you and the time we left, so I was able to put those up, but I didn't get any others done yesterday. Stupid question: how do you know which ones are new when you look? Do you just know them because you do look frequently, or do you get some sort of notification? Anyway, after I posted those I logged on to an on-line auction and placed a slew of bids. Some of which I won and some I didn't, but that's OK. I'm a little leery now anyway of the on-line stuff since I can't examine the glass myself before deciding whether to buy.

AND THEN (like the day hadn't been ENOUGH at that point!) friends of ours asked if we wanted to come over and play pool. We didn't even get there until after eight and we only stayed, a few hours, but it was nice anyway. Then... this morning the wife sent this text: "So... we decided to sit on the couch and watch the fire after you left. I am on the couch. Tom turns light out and decided to roll over the back of the couch to be funny or fun????? But smashes to the cement floor breaking things including his lips and gashed his finger when he broke glass...all this kicked in his vertigo tendencies...better now but saying home today..." DOUBLE OMG!

So THAT is the rest of Sunday/early Monday in the Land of Dee!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Dee Jay. Your adventures in Deeland sound adventuresome and not always in a fun way. Of course my reference for if I had a bad day or not is the movie the Revenant. I’ve never had a bad day in my life compared to that dude.

What an awful birthday for Liam son #1. It’s one he won’t forget. Sorry the food was so bad and even worse all that chocolate milk made Liam son #2 sick and I can totally understand son #1 being concerned he would get sick too. How horrid for all of you. I am glad I was able to provide you at least a nice start to the day.

I didn’t buy any gems on Etsy YET. I was considering hunting up weird things like bi color sapphires, color change stones. You know stuff I might not put in jewelry but just have to admire but not spend a fortune on to acquire. I’d love a diamond with a little garnet in it but I doubt I’d find that on there. But you never know. Yes I can see this becoming dangerous for us but hey we can’t take it with us. Both Marty and I are spenders. Bad idea there. Ha ha.

I do check your site usually every night so I just notice if you have more things posted and notice your sales. I’m stalking you in Etsy. I’ll pay attention if it tells me if new things are posted and let you know. I was going to mention I find peanut butter can help get sticky residue off glass from old price tags, etc. Dawn dish soap can help too. Some of them can be a PITA to get off if they have been on there a long time.

LOL to a Mt Everest stack of laundry. It stacks up fast. Marty will forget to empty his gym clothes sometimes for a week then I have at least a Mt McKinley pile of laundry.

An evening of pool sounds fun. Oh no that your friend Tom played stunt man and got hurt. It sounds awful but glad it wasn’t worse. Do you remember my fight with the laundry cupboard over my washing machine that gave me a huge knot and concussion? I still feel that spot sometimes, not painful just achy aware of it. I at least have an excuse now for any brain damage I may or may not exhibit at any point down the line.

I’m in the office today. Got up to 100 mph out here before I had to turn in to work. It is supposed to get in the 60’s today so I didn’t even put on a jacket. What a rebel! Snow storm moving in Wednesday and continuing through next week. CRAP I took Friday off to use needed PTO and go shopping at Sams Club to stock up on dead animal and to hoard some paper products.

Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, so listen to this: The seller from Etsy messaged me that my grey spinel must have been sold "offline" and they forgot to take the listing down because she can't find it anywhere. BUT! She's got "another good stone"! It's a carat less, the color is muddy, and it's got a window you and I could both drive our Porsches through side by side. Um. NOPE. She did issue a refund promptly, so I was glad about that. Oh well, it's not like I needed it. But STILL!!!

Yesterday it put up three new listings (which I'm sure you saw!) while I was listening to calls. Then I went to Liam's and spent 4+ hours helping him. When I got home I saw that I'd sold some glasses so I packed those up, and also did some organizing in the basement.

This morning I made myself get out of bed before 8 (!?!) and I have a bunch of stuff to do, including going to the post office and seeing if the stuff from Sunday's auction is available for pick up.

Gotta hop onto a call. Later gator!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Dee Jay that sucks about your gray spinel but at least you got a refund already. That’s something if there is a such a big window in the other stone that we can drive our cars through it. Ewe. I was sad this morning. The lady in front of me was going the speed limit on the open road out front of work. We have an obstacle course to drive through once we go through the gate so I darted in to every corner and said “wee” just to have some fun driving today. There is always the drive home.

I did see your new listings. I am sure Liam appreciates your help. How nice to find some new sales when you got home. Sweet.

Nice to get up and going early. I get up at 6 on days I come in to the office. Sadly I was watching the minutes tick off on the clock starting about 5:30. I should have just got up and headed to work early.

Good news my ring is expected to be done tomorrow and shipped. I might have it on my hand on Thursday. My nails are a disaster so I’d best get them done. I broke a few nails and have some of those dry splits right by my thumb so decided to keep acetone away from them until that heals.

Marty was grumpy last night and this morning. He entered a strength meet next month and has been pushing his weights up again and his shoulder really flared up again. So he is in pain and ticked off at that. Poor guy.

We have a lot of snow coming our way. Starts tonight, several inches each day with maybe 10 inches on Saturday. Springtime in the Rockies.

Have a fabulous day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm so excited about your ring coming back! Can you put liquid bandage on the cracks before using acetone? (Or maybe the acetone would eat the liquid bandage right off... ?) But even if you don't do your nails, I want pics the instant you get it on your hot little hand! Will Marty still compete if his shoulder is acting up? Poor guy, I feel for him!

Yesterday was like Lather, Rinse, Repeat from Monday. I put up some listings while I listened to calls (man, my guys yak a lot!) and then spent 4+ hours helping Liam. We even ordered the exact same thing for dinner from the place across the street. Total Groundhog Day!

Someone bought the really cool bird bowl I had up on my site. I'm kinda sad to see that one go to be honest; I liked it a lot! I did pick up my stuff from the Sunday auction on the way to Liam's bank. I'm a little torqued off because the thing I wanted the most was a set of six specific glasses. One of them was badly chipped, and I highly suspect it happened in the process of the auction because it looked to me like a fresh chip. Two of the others have small chips, but I think I was able to save one of them and the other I sanded too and I'll keep that one for myself. So I've got a set of four. I did get some other other nice stuff too though so I guess it's OK. I should try to get pics today because it's overcast so I feel like the light will work well in the the area I've set up in the living room with a sheer over the window and a high table. #DeeTakesPicturesAllTheTime

OK, today is Wednesday so I' have my weekly call with my boss. Better get something done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, our excitement must be put on hold for a day; my ring was returned from QC for a minor issue. What, what, what? Anyway it should ship tomorrow. I'm wearing my Big Blue (little Blue compared to yours) today to make me feel better. I did get out clippers and files today so my nails are ready to paint - I think I'll do them tomorrow. I do have some liquid bandage but haven't tried it before but that is a good idea. I usually put some vaseline in the splits before I use the little polish remover pads. Marty does still plan on competing. His blood pressure was really high too so they gave him some low dosage BP bills - he dropped from 155 / 90's to 125 / 70's in just one day. Wow!

Don't you love those Ground Hog days? At least you know what to expect. Liam must really be processing the loans. I swear my work days are like that. I really notice remote offices have brought out talkers - I have talked more on the phone or in conference calls in the last year than the past 10 years. I do believe I have been working at home for a year now. Wow! I even set up in the den today. Not a bad idea at all but I want a new chair. That big and tall man chair is not suitable for me.

Darn someone bought the bird bowl; so many of your bowls and dishes remind me of things my mom had and loved. I swear you would have been a happy camper if I'd called you 7 years ago - bring something with lots of room for hefty boxes. Crap some of your new glasses were chipped. I can easily believe it happened at the auction. Glad you were able to sand out some of the chips. My dad totally used to use his sander / grinder to smooth out little chips on my mom's dishes. I like to take pictures with light from outside on overcast days; makes for rich colors.

I hope the call with your boss went well. I didn't talk to mine at all today - one text and that was it. Woo hoo!!!!

We are expecting roughly 2 feet of snow this weekend. NOOOOOOOOOOO! We had very wet snow overnight last night but it melted on the sidewalks and streets. I lifted and will probably bake one of my mini pizza for supper. I wasn't hungry when I came back upstairs but now I'm starving.

Laters,
#Curbynodiamond (not really but you know what I mean)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I do get a notice that you have new things posted. It’s a little bell at the top that pop ups like a message. That white Fenton ruffle bowl is a total flash back. My mom had some of those pieces.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I think all those Fenton pieces are so much fun! When I was doing that listing I had a big internal debate between using the Easter pastel M&Ms or kisses. Of course I had to eat several of each while I made up my mind, LOL. I'm sorry your ring is delayed, but better any issue gets addressed before it leaves WF than you notice something when it gets to you and then have to ship it back. That's crazy about Marty's BP! A drop like that in one day is amazing. Modern medicine... !

Yesterday I put up a bunch of new listings (which you already know!), including two of them for four glass sets... and then I realized they were actually SIX glass sets and I'd put the others in a different place when I unpacked them so I had to redo some of the pics. Of course it was almost 10 o'clock by then and I was cursing all things glass under my breath as I got the props back out, took and posted the new pics, and put everything away again.

I sat down and really did the economics on some of the pieces from the last two online auctions, and I think I'm making the decision not to buy from those any more. The prices are much higher and I can't see the condition of things, so I'm going to stick to in-person auctions and estate sales. If something SPECTACULAR came up I'd chance it, but in general I'm going to step away.

This weekend I have a client to take out on Saturday, and possibly on Sunday too. I'm debating whether to go downtown tomorrow or not. Of course if Ilya says my emerald is back I'll do that, but if not I might just go down Saturday morning. My taxes are done (already!) and my accountant's daughter lives in my building so she's going to leave my envelope there to pick up too. I think I'll wait to open it though until I am sitting down and have a cocktail in hand. There's no surprise in that I owe, but just seeing that number always makes me need a drink!

OK, off to clean some work stuff up and then to straighten out the dining room, which has become ground zero for all the glass stuff that came into the house from the auction. Glasses and bowls and candy dishes -- oh my!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes those Fenton pieces are fun. My mom had the covered candy dish for sure. I can see gum drops in it for sure and you could get that lid off and on very quietly if you were careful. Of course you have to try some of the display candy.

That is kind of amazing how much Marty's BP dropped in one day. He was in a better mood too. Ha ha.

I did get the shipping notice for my ring; it should be at FexEx here tomorrow. I guess there was a scratch on the bottom of the ring most likely from putting the stamp inside the ring. Hopefully I get the glamour shots tonight.

I totally noticed the new items you have posted. Darn you had to redo some listings. Probably not a bad idea to stick with the auctions and sales you can attend in person. I'll attach pictures of my glasses. They came in a dark blue box, set of 4 but for the life of me I can't remember the brand. I had 8 of them in pristine condition and when we had my sisters and BIL in for dinner I was bragging the glasses the one sister bought me for a shower gift were almost 28 years old at the time and still in good shape. And you guessed it - I broke one of them taking care of them later. I tried to find the pattern on Replacements Ltd but couldn't figure it out. There are no markings on it anywhere. Seems like they were Oneida or Mikasa but not sure. We also got those Noritake blue swirl glasses when we got married (30 years ago this summer.) Marty still has those blue glasses down in his bar.

I hope your emerald is in your hands (and on your hand) soon. I can't wait to see it and the finished project. I totally understand needing a drink in hand before you see that dreaded tax number. Hopefully Marty turned ours in today - I wouldn't bet money on it though.

Work was busy today. I had a grocery order to pick up at 2 so took a late lunch to go get that. My strawberries are quite fresh; the grapes not so much. My bananas are really green but should be fine in a few days. The blueberries were all over the bag but I rescued most of them. The store was crazy busy with our snowmagedon in the forecast.

I have tomorrow off. Woo hoo! I woke up before 5 today and couldn't go back to sleep. I am really sleepy.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So if you have any of these I'd love them

IMG_0948.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 11

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I don't have any of those glasses, but I saved the pic and I'll keep an eye out as I'm perusing! And isn't it just Murphy's Law that you broke one after saying you had all of them in perfect condition?! My great grandmother used to be a huge lover of butterscotch hard candies. I would "sneak" them out of the bowl too... but I think she knew and was just pretending she didn't, LOL. Did you get snowed in? We're likely going to get a bunch of rain from the storm, but it's warmed up quite a bit here so not snow.

Yesterday I did some stuff... but not a ton. Only one listing up, and a little bit of real work, but I wasn't super motivated. I did go over to Liam's office and put in a some hours at night, and then when we got home I cleaned out the big cabinet of glass in the kitchen to take stock of what I had up here so I can do the final push on listing.

No word yet from Ilya, but I'm going to ping him and ask what the status is because I need to run into the city anyway for a client. I'm also going to talk to him about putting a "plate" under my sapphire because there is a tiny window, which I knew, and I always seem to catch it just right so that it bugs me. I spent all of yesterday with a piece of foil under it and it worked like a charm. I think there's still enough open space in the gallery for cleaning, and the plate under Uni was the perfect solution for the big open culet so I hope this can be done without too much trouble. I've also rethought the setting for The Green Goddess to add a plate there too because I'm going to cut any possibility of windows off at the pass from this point forward!

Liam is already gone into the office (this PPP program is the gift that just keeps on giving!) and I might as well get up and do some actual work too. I'm sure my boss will appreciate that!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I agree Murphy's Law doomed me to break a glass - reminding me it never pays to get cocky! Too funny about your grandmother and butterscotch hard candies; both of my grandmothers had them everywhere too. I am sure my mom knew I was sneaking candy - she did the same thing. We only got less than an inch of snow last night. Tonight is when the big storm is expected to start. It's too cold to rain so we'll see how much we end up getting. I saw one forecast to expect 4 - 65 inches - really covering all basis there.

Do you plan on putting most of your glassware online to sell? Then are you starting a new collection? I started kind of channeling my mom the Christmas after she died - my dad had given me her Lenox Holly glasses so I bought the Lenox Holly china for 20 of us. After my dad passed away I did bring home a few of her crystal bowls. Her china was all floral which I like but Marty wasn't interested in it. We ended up buying some white china for our every day dishes. Your site is bringing back many memories for me.

Did you run in to the city today and get your emerald? Interesting about adding a plate; that is a great idea. Clever to try foil under Big Blue to see if it made a difference. I have on my salmon sapphire halo ring today and sure see the basket in it. Once you see something you always see it.

That's great that Liam has so much PPP to help get to people. Marty made $2600 last year at the gym - woo hoo - profits. No he can't quit his day job. Ha Ha. Can I quit mine though?

I slept in until 7:15. I made some blueberry muffins for breakfast. I was goofing off and finally checked status of my FedEx shipment and was delighted to see it was ready for pickup so off I went. I am quite happy with my new ring. I told Marty my diamond seemed larger and brighter - or maybe it's just because I haven't seen it for over a month. Here are some pictures with my different bands. Not sure I'll wear the Danielle often but honestly I wasn't wearing it much anyway.

I love days off - I could get used to this.

Curby
New Ring 2.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Snowmagedon has not arrived yet. I saw on FB someone said it stopped in Colorado at some pot store and forgot where it was going. Ha Ha. We did have some intense snow for about 10 minutes this morning.

Marty and I went out for breakfast. I am making beef noodle soup for lunch. It smells good and I've got the noodles air drying.

My SIL didn't come up for the weekend. Her pickup won't shift out of first gear so it is at the dealer. Pretty rotten too - they didn't have any cars to rent her and they wouldn't take her home. She called a friend from work that lives over an hour away from the dealer to pick her up and take her home. I guess that is a small town thing where dealers have a shuttle service than can drop you off at work or home.

I am working on laundry and even updated my ring info on my insurance policy on my ring. I got my 2 new puzzles delivered so I may start on one of them.

Marty is watching boring to me movies on Prime.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, are you snowed in?! I told Liam about the forecast with it's wiiiiiiiide range of snow possibilities, LOL. The glass I'm selling is really stuff that I had to be a lot of to get the one or two pieces I wanted. For instance, I had to buy a set of 72 (yes -- SEVENTY TWO!) of something one time and all I wanted was one each of three sizes for my "collection." I bought it at a yard sale $20 for the entire box so it's not like I was out a lot of $. For the most part I am keeping at least one of everything, with the exception of some clear that I never really loved in the first place, I just bought it because it was "there," and if I have even numbers of those I'll sell them all.

Yesterday I went into the city eartly, grabbed my finished taxes, met my new client for coffee, and then went to Ivy and Rose. Ilya is going to make the modification to B.B. that I mentioned and we talked about side stone options for G.G. I'll text you a couple of CADs on different sizes, but I'm thinking about 3/4 ct each in H+ color and of course eye clean. Liam was laughing each of my side stones is going to be nicer than some people's engagement rings. I also pieced up the appraisal for B.B., which I need to add to my policy. Traelers loves me...

My head yesterday was NOT GOOD. I started with what I thought was a sinus headache and by the time I got back from the full city adventure I literally went to bed at 5 pm and stayed there for 14 hours. I hoarded the last dose of my migraine meds until this morning so hopefully I'll live through the day. First thing tomorrow I'll be on the phone to my doctor getting a refill. Yowch.

I've got some things to list today, including four sets of glasses I got at an estate sale on Friday so my work is cut out for me today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay I hope you are feeling better by now. Yes we are having a full blown blizzard now. Easily a foot of snow already and another day of snow and blowing snow to go. I can’t see out too well. All of our windows are covered with snow. My satellite dish much be buried as it won’t acquire signal. Our power keeps going off and has been since about 4 am. There goes my idea of baking a roast today.

That’s cool you keep a few of each glasses for your collection. I remember the time you had to buy 72 glasses to get the ones your wanted. I will check your new listings later.

Liam is right your side stones are nicer than most people’s engagement rings. As Marty says I am picky about jewelry. I like what I like and I want it to be nice. I am Sure travelers loves you. Nice they are going to modify Big Blue for you. I will watch for your CADs on GG.

Woo hoo your taxes are done. After nagging Marty for a month to print out his income and expense report he got our tax info as far as his truck but hasn’t turned them in to our accountant yet. He drives me crazy on that kind of stuff. She is like 2 blocks from his gym. Timing is tough with his day job. So I’ll be nagging daily until he gets that done.

I woke up at 4. We had thundersnow going on then and the power outages starting. I did manage to go back to sleep.

Good day to start a new puzzle. Guess I will go try a shower.

Laters
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our weather bureau says we’ve had 21.5 inches of snow so far.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we've had maybe 30 inches of snow - the power was out most of the day but it's on for now anyway. I kicked Marty's arse at cribbage and ate cold food. Not much else exciting. I did start a new book since that was about all I could do.

Our driveway has at least 4 foot drifts, our front door won't open and the shovel is at Marty's gym. True story.

Laters,
#Curbyishappytohavepower

IMG_5154.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    329.2 KB · Views: 9

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Still drifted in; our shoveling service is no where to be seen - then again not sure they could get down our street anyway. City is pretty much still shut down and emergency crews are being transported to and from work by volunteer snow mobile riders. Just knowing I can't go anywhere makes me antsy. Must be the rebellious streak in me. Who would believe that? My diamond ring brightens my day though.

I have a roast cooking in the crock pot for supper. I plan on lifting as soon as I check out from work. Still no TV. Glad I started an interesting book.

My thrill-O-meter seems frozen at a Big Fat Zero!

Laters,
#Curbyisbored

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I can't believe YOU are snowed in! Talk about hell freezing over! You guys treat blizzards that would shut down most places like nuttin' LOL. Can you imagine if you were waiting for your ring to be delivered and the only thing between you and your WF was some snow? That would be terrible! It has been warm enough here for several days that everything had melted... and then we got some yesterday -- less than 24 hours after Liam put the snow blower away for the season, haha. Midafternoon yesterday in the think of our "blizzard" I decided to mentally check out for an hour and do my nails. When I looked out the window I said, oh well, might as well do Curella De Ville one more time this season!

Not much exciting happened yesterday. Aside from my nails, I took some packages to the post office, did laundry, cleared off the dining room table a bit, and went in to Liam's bank for a few hours in the evening. Today I am going to do some more actual work, and maybe work on listings for the last of the backlog of glasses. I've got about four or five sets to do yet and then I think pretty much everything I have will be on the site. I do have a TON of things that aren't going to be listed, mostly one-offs, and I need to figure out where to put those because they won't fit in the cabinet, but if I put them in a box they will go to never never land.

I guess I should get up and get moving. I have a new employee to train at 10 o'clock and I haven't put her new hire forms together yet.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy St. Pat's kids!

Curby, do I need to send a St. Bernard with a cask full of whiskey or have you managed to dig out yet?!

Yesterday I did quite a bit of real work, and then went in to Liam's bank for a bit. We decided to go out to an actual restaurant for dinner rather than just ordering wings for delivery like we'd been doing several nights in a row. It was a pleasant change!

This morning I had a call at 9 so I did a little early laundry (although I've yet to put the sheets back on the bed... ) and I'm hard at it again. My boss should be calling me in an hour or so and I like to have something to report on every week, call me crazy!

Liam ran to Costco at lunch and brought home a bunch of junk, including an industrial sized back of jalepeno potato chips that I wish we'd never opened... Cruch, crunch, crunch!

OK, back at it -- later gators!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay - definitely send that St. Bernard here with whiskey - I am about ready for some. Marty has ventured out with his pickup and says roads are horrific. For as much snow as we get here the city wasn't prepared to handle this much snow. Cuts, cuts and more cuts over the years. They also didn't get plows out during the storm so rather than making multiple passes they waited until there were 3 to 6 foot drifts. Oh well, I'm not running the city but trust me he is getting some grief. The governor has declared a state of emergency so maybe the military will help plow us all out. At least I get to stay home.

Marty ventured out with his regular shovel yesterday and started chipping away slowly on our massive drifts and he got all sorts of help from some neighbors. Someone used a snow blower to clear the sidewalk and the rest of them dug a single path down our driveway and in to the street. Someone with a blade on their pickup ran one path down our street yesterday morning yet I have only noticed pickups and large SUV occasionally going down the street.

Too funny that Liam put away his snowblower - if we had one - it would only be safe to retire it maybe in July. Maybe. And of course you'd get snow after Liam puts it away. I am cautiously optimistic we are finished with snow each year on June 5th and yes I've been wrong before on that.

You've been busy - how nice to go out to dinner yesterday. The ironic thing here is all restrictions were lifted on Tuesday - and nothing is open. Liam still has money for those PPP loans? Seems like the last round our banks ran out quickly.

That's pretty cool you'll soon have everything listed. I hope you can sell everything. I totally remember Libbey glasses - I bought my sister some with wheat on them since she is married to a wheat farmer. Your site has taken me down memory lane for sure. Good luck finding places for the pieces you are keeping. We have 10 foot ceilings so naturally the kitchen has high cupboards making the top 2 shelves out of my reach.

Any idea when you will get GG? That is going to be soooooooooo pretty.

I noticed some fuzz under one of my prongs on my new ring. I am going noooooooooooooo. So then I got my 30X and 60X loupe out only to see more fuzz. I tried paper under each prong and they don't seem loose. I'm debating writing Vera about them. I have no idea how to get the fuzz out myself. I know don't look at my diamond with a loupe.

Oh well,
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy windy Thursday kids!

Curby, there was money left over in the PPP program last time... ? I do know some banks stopped taking applications because they lacked the capacity to process any more, but there was most definitely still funds available. As for your prong fuzz, could you maybe carefully use tweezers and just pull on one corner of it in the hopes it will all just slide right out? Then again, I'm definitely no jeweler so taking advice from me might not be a wise idea, ha ha.

I did some more real work yesterday and also had a productive call with my boss. After that I went into Liam's office and spent the evening helping him. If they are giving out awards for the most exciting couple ever he and I win hands down!

Today I need to do two things that my boss and I talked about yesterday. One of them is pretty much done, just tweaking something I've already worked on. The other sounds simple... but I just know it is going to be a real b!tch when I get into it. Oh well, that's why they call it work!

I just remembered Liam brought home a rotisserie chicken yesterday that we didn't eat (we ordered pizza in while we were working at the bank) so I think I'm going to go enjoy a hunk of that for an early lunch. Oh... and some of those evil potato chips too... ! :lickout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay you are having a windy day? We are sunny and low 40's so the drifts are starting to melt some; they did yesterday too. I guess I'll head to work tomorrow. Snow or ice must be falling off our house somewhere I keep hearing a lot of things falling. I went out once to see if I could figure it out. No luck.

Not sure what I heard on money and the PPF loans - I know some local donut store kept posting on FB the local banks had distributed all their money or something on it. Since we weren't applying I honestly can't remember for sure - or maybe it was state money was gone. Glad there is money to help those businesses out!!!

I thought of trying the tweezers on my fuzz as well but don't know how well I'd do without a loupe to see what I was doing. I will try to quit stewing about it. Maybe take it to Kays and have them pull it out.

Yay for having a productive call with your boss; my boss had to turn around this morning because the road he was on was still drifted shut and then his power went out about noon - needless to say I didn't talk to him much.

Marty and I can give you and Liam a run for your money on being the most exciting couple. But I kind of like boring.

I hope the 2 things you had to accomplish today went well. I did pretty good work wise so went downstairs and lifted during my lunch and heated my lunch up in the oven will I was lifting. Yay - my evening starts earlier that way.

Rotisserie sounds delicious - especially a BBQ one. I love chicken.

Not much going on here. I finished a book and started another one. Watching the snow melt is the highlight of my day.

Take care.
Marcy

See the top of our park bench sticking out of the snow? When Marty went out to brush the snow off our dish the other day the bench was completely covered.

IMG_0998.JPG

Here is our path in the street - it has gone down quite a bit between melting and traffic. I even saw a little SUV going down it when I was out - just dealing with 1 lane should be my only problem tomorrow
IMG_1001.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm LMAO - can't deny my Porsche hit this snow drift backing out

IMG_1008.JPG

Marty is 6'3"

IMG_1004.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, your back-up-into-the-snow-bank pic has be laughing so hard! And wow for all that snow! Having Marty stand beside it really puts it in perspective. I only got one of the two big things done the other day, and now there is a third big thing so I'm back to two again, LOL.

Yesterday was rather annoying. I went over to the local auction, which has three areas. The middle area is where they start and they do that until from 9 - 11 am, at which time they go outside and do anything out there and then come back in and continue the middle before going to the "right" (as you walk in). The "left" goes on at the same time as the middle, but for some reason there's never anything on the left I want, so just ignore that. Well anyway it took TWO HOURS for the guy to do just one full table because it was from a coin collector's estate and Every. Single. Coin. in it's little red sleeve had to be auctioned separately. At 11 I ran home to feed the ferals because Liam and his cousin went a big farm auction up in Wisconsin. I got back in time to just see the table finish in the main room that had the only two things in there I wanted. They must have been super fast outside and then come back in with renewed vigor and whipped around those tables at lightening speed. I was SO mad! Oh well, it is what it is. And I console myself with the thought that everything in the main room goes high so I might not have gotten those things anyway, but still. Anyway, over on the right I picked up some cool green glass Anchor Hocking cups and saucers, some cocktail glasses with an interesting little black "petal" foot, and a hand blow purple vase with a ruffled top. I had to buy the entire suite of purple to get the vase, and I didn't want the rest of it at all because it was either chipped or too much hassle (there was a casserole dish there with a lid that was the biggest one I've ever seen and it weighed an absolute TON -- shipping would have cost a kidney!). I got the whole lot for $10 and I was thinking to myself, sh!!!!!!!!!t... how can I dispose of all this because I don't want to haul it home! The guy who was bidding against me was right behind me and I said under my breath, oy, I only wanted the damn vase! And he said he'd give me $5 for the rest of it. SOLD! I was so happy I could have kissed him, LOL.

Anyway, that's how my day unfolded! I washed everything up when I got home and we had another round of surf and turf for dinner. We tried lobster out on the children. The older one took one bit and was not a fan but the younger one was totally on board. I think he -- like me -- will eat damn near anything that involves a lot of butter, ha ha.

After that I just sat around waiting until it was late enough to go to bed! Being cold and bored for several hours really makes me tired...

Today I want to list those three things I bought and finish up some other random stuff, and then we are having "family cleaning hour." I told The Boys (all three of them) that from now one we're having one hour of participatory cleaning every Sunday. Downstairs. Where I can see them. Not up in their rooms where they're supposed to be cleaning up and they are really on their computers or phones. So at 10:30 I'm setting a timer for an hour and The Clean will commence!

In the contest for Most Boring Couple what have you and Marty got planned today that can top that?! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I too am still LMAO at my tail pipes and bumper impression in the snow drift. Marty just keeps shaking his head.

Yay to being back to two big things today. Good luck getting the other two big things done now. I got a lot accomplished this weekend. My uncle passed away Wednesday so I did get around and call distant relatives and some of his local friends to let them know. I also got B-day, Easter and sympathy cards in the mail. I wrote, proof read, tweaked and sent off my article for the newspaper and went to a going away party for one of Marty’s clients.

Auctions do sound annoying; good deal you worked out a deal with that guy to buy the rest of that bin. Darn they sold the things you wanted though. When we were starting to figure out cleaning out my parent’s house I looked in to our local auction. They charged a fortune to come pack it up and move your stuff and like you said they dump tons of things in a bin and it goes for $10 - then the auction takes part of the proceeds so we decided it wasn’t worth it.

That’s living having surf and turf for dinner; and I’m with you and the younger feral - anything with butter is good. That’s why Paula Dean recipes always look so delicious!

Being cold and bored does make for a long day and going to bed is an out. Reminds me of camping.

How did the family cleaning hour go? Good idea to plan on a weekly cleaning hour. When I was teaching June was HELL. I was still working my day job, had 2 online sessions and taught each Saturday and Sunday for the entire month. I got really grouchy since nothing was getting done at home without Marcy “nagging”. I finally started doing at least 20-30 minutes each night of some chore and it made a huge difference. My house didn’t look like a tornado went through it, there was food in the frig and cupboard and laundry wasn’t taller than Marty.

We met about 12 people from the gym at the bar last night. I had 2 glasses of wine and slept like crap. This morning I felt like someone had drugged me and I've been dizzy most of the day. Better as the day went by but not normal. Strange.

Okay so for the contest of most boring couple today my SIL scrambled us eggs for breakfast, she and Marty went to the gym, we all went out for lunch and the rest of the day has been boring house chores. Sounds like both of our excitement-O-meters didn’t register much action today. And I DID NOT back my car in to any snow drifts but then again I didn’t drive anywhere.

Tomorrow morning I’m going to navigate the treacherous 2 blocks of drifts to get to open roads. Woo hoo!!!

Laters,

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay you do have some great new listings. Sweet.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, those little Weston highballs and dessert cups are super cute in real life but I can't get a good picture! And those green cups and saucers just glow in the sunlight. The purple vase... well it speaks for itself. I am kind of tempted to keep that, but given Liam has gotten me flowers once in three and a half years I can probably let it go to a new home, ha ha. Good idea to clean a little every night. I do kind of the opposite in that I get up and clean the kitchen every morning when I come down so I at least start the day with a tidy area, but when Liam comes home it all goes to hell. I should really get better about tidying the dining room because I have turned it into a disaster with all this WFH stuff. Good luck getting to the open roads!

Yesterday the plan was to clean from 10:30-11:30 and then do lunch. When I came downstairs Liam and the youngest feral were already at it! Then the older one joined in. I took some photos for the listings in the good light (I've figured out there is a specific time frame in the early morning that works best if I want to put things in front of the big window in the family room) and then I did a deep clean of the kitchen. I also pulled up an old rug in the entryway that is just destroyed from all the snow and other winter crap and had to scrape off the sticky corner things we used to keep it in place with a bunch of goo gone and my nails. That of course resulted in the repair of three nails later in the night. I put the new rug down but I'm not sure it's going to stay in place as well as the old one becuase if has kind of a goofy border on it. Time will tell I guess. It was nice enough here that Liam made burgers on the grill for dinner and then took the ferals home. So the big excitement here yesterday was the cleaning. How sad is that?!

Today I have to take the two things I sold over the weekend to the post office and then I need to work work work.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Yesterday was a laundry fest of mega proportions. I think I did five loads, but it may have been six. Some of it is still sitting downstairs... I keep hoping it will magically make its way up the steps by itself, LOL.

I finally did one of the two things I'd been putting off. And to be honest, it was pretty painless! The other thing is printed out... but I only made it through about three of the 46 pages before I was like SQUIRREL!

My new monitor has shipped. This whole time I've been doing all my work on that stupid tiny laptop screen. Well with the annual compliance review coming up I figured an external screen was in order. 22" of I Can See Clearly Now on it's way, ha ha!

OK, off to get this show on the road!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results