carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I see you have more admirers. Sweet.

Did you do your happy birthday clip? Great idea. Sometimes I wish I had some video of my parents; at other times I think that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Those slipper socks from the hospital are great. I will let you know what I think of the ones I ordered. Anything lined gets my attention since I'm always cold.

Yay for having lobster all weekend. I made tacos for lunch and had a strawberry pancake for breakfast. I have no idea what's for supper.

I hope your nail polish lasts 2 weeks with the good top coat. I ordered one my favorite colors yesterday from Amazon; the one I have is getting low and the polish is kind of thick. LOL to #ManicureMcGyver

Did you get more product loaded today?

It's windy as crud here again. The closest I came to being outside is I heard something in the garage. I was sure someone was messing in the garage or it was a bit rat - I was right! Marty was the big rat. Ha Ha. He finally put his sandbags back in to the bed of his pickup.

I wish I believed in naps; I'd be taking one now. I am working on my new article and it must be boring because it is putting me to sleep. I have it mostly done; I'll proof it again later and get it sent off. If I don't get it in tomorrow it won't make the paper next weekend for the beginning of March.

Last I checked my FedEx box - with or without a ring inside - was in Denver. I maybe should have mailed it Monday or Tuesday as I'm sure FedEx is backed up in Houston.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My “box” is in Memphis now.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I'm sure it will be a relief to get your box opened up at WF and have them confirm the ring is in there! This whole shipping delay thing sucks, doesn't it? Everything seems to be taking forever... I did get more listings up yesterday, but it took AGES to even get the first one done because the lightings just did NOT cooperate. There's so much reflection and glare. And in one of the shots I used a wine bottle as a prop. The pics turned out great... on my phone. When I put them on the computer and they were blown up I saw that I was shown in a perfect reflection on the bottle, right down to my camo print hoodie and the scowl on my face born of such a tedious time-consuming process, ha ha. I really should have saved that one!

After that adventure I spent over three hours on the phone with my best friend doing her taxes. She has three properties, once of which she lives in, and the system decided to delete one of her properties out of the blue. What a PITA that was. Honestly I'm not sure at all that we did the right thing on that in the end, but it is all now filed so fingers crossed. I also got the last piece of paper I need for my own taxes today so I'll be getting that to the accountant hopefully this week. Speaking of accountants, did Marty get an PPP stimulus for his gym business? If not, he may be entitled to some. I can put him in touch with Liam if so because I'd love to help him out if possible! The rules are changing in the next few weeks to become a little more liberal too, so even if he didn't quality before he may do so now.

Alright, enough procrastination. I need to work on a few big things and my motivation meter is not even ticking past 25% today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my ACA is all sad and lonely (hopefully) at FedEx in Houston. It has no one to sparkle for right now.

Yes shipping things seems to take a lot longer recently. How irritating!

Darn to see your reflection in your pictures. I notice that in my jewelry sometimes; you can often tell the color of shirt I have on in the reflection. Too funny to the scowl on your face; taking all those pictures will be time consuming.

Nice to get your best friend's taxes done over the phone. Marty did not file for any of the PPP stimulus money. Our accountant advised us against it at the time and I don't remember why. We agreed at the time to what she said. So they are relaxing some criteria / requirements soon? I'll mention it to him and thanks for suggesting it. Too bad Liam doesn't have some programs we can apply for that gets us money for sapphires and emeralds. If I am going to dream, I may as well dream big!

I hate when that motivation meter seems to be broke or barely registering. I sure didn't want to be at work today. I was mumbling a lot of Gordon Ramsey words under my breathe too; the teddy bears at my desk might have learned new words.

I ate well today. I had leftover tacos for lunch and made a BLT for supper.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, it sounds like your ring should be at WF today, yes? And then in a few weeks you'll have your new one! I wonder why Marty's accountant discouraged him from the PPP... ? No need to answer, just thinking out loud. Liam is so well versed in this program right now I'm waiting any day for the SBA to offer him a job, LOL. I haven't had a BLT in ages and it sure sounds good! We're still on that pork chop kick right now. That is, if you can call a 2+ inch thing a pork chop! I swear, the are like little mini pork ROASTS! We marinated the last two in BBQ sauce overnight and we're going to slow cook them starting around mid-afternoon. :lickout:

I got a deposit in my Chase account for the first sale! Not sure how that's all going to work out because I keep getting an automated message that Etsy has been unable to verify my business info and therefore I should redo the admin piece as an individual... but yet they put the $ in an account that is named to my business... ??? Whatever. It's only February so I have many months to get this straightened out before any tax forms of consequence are issued. Still galling though.

Today I Must Do Some Massive Work. MASSIVE. Ugh.

Ready... Set... GO!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my ACA did arrive at Whiteflash today. Woo hoo. Apparently they check it and get back to me. I guess to make sure it's the diamond I bought from them. I haven't got my bill for the new ring yet maybe I'll get that soon.

I don't recall what the accountant said about the relief money. I am sure Liam is a total expert on it now. I feel so bad for small businesses through all of this. Glad Liam is able to help them.

BLT's are pretty tasty. My BIL will bring us huge beef steak tomatoes out of his garden and the first thing Marty and I do is get a loaf of french or Italian bread to toast and make BLT's. I bet your slow cooked BBQ pork mini roasts were delicious.

Yay for getting a deposit in your account. I see you have more followers now too.

How did you MASSIVE work go today? I was quite busy at work today as well. And cold.

I totally need to go to bed on time tonight. I'm yawning already and it's only a little after 7.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I'm relieved your box made it to WF and that the ring was actually in there, ha ha! I have to admit that I was sorely tempted to reach out to Vera and get her to mess with you a little and say the box was empty... But since you are my friend I don't want you to die of a heart attack! :cheeky: Speaking of boxes, has your box from me gotten there yet? Tracking info at this point is almost nonexistent on any service, USPS, UPS, FedEx or otherwise. So frustrating! One thing I sent to the DC area did make it, and that was shipped the same day as yours. That person hasn't written me a review yet but hopefully they will soon because I'm sure buyers will be more comfortable with sellers that have reviews. This is such a process! The mini pork roasts were good... but I ate my entire one... and then I was so full I practically had to crawl up the stairs to bed. Ugh.

This morning we had to take Liam's truck in to the Chevy dealer (I won't bore you with the details... most of which went in one ear and other the other anyway!). Hopefully it will be done today. #UberDee

My massive work yesterday didn't go as well as one would have hoped... But Today! (Hope springs eternal! :lol:)

The washer is dinging at me. Better go swap to clothes to the dryer and start a new load.

Later!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spoke too soon on the shipping tracking. I just got an automated message from Fed Ex that the box containing five sets of glasses going to Oregon is scheduled for delivery tomorrow... Except the tracking site says it's still in a town about 20 miles from me... which is obviously no where near Oregon. I guess we'll see!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, that would have been well played to get Vera to mess with me. She probably would too. I keep telling Marty I don’t want to die now because even if I fall down the steps or get airborne in the Porsche they’d list it as a COVID death so forget it.

I did check on my package and it only says in transit and it’s from Etsy. No other info. What a pain. That’s funny about the delivery notice you got. They don’t seem to update FedEx as well as they used to for sure.

Hopefully your massive project goes well today. I am more hardly working than working hard. I’m too cold to work. This office is COLD all the time.

Glad the mini pork roast was delicious. Meat really fills me up especially something like ribs or London broil. It’s good though.

Hopefully Liams truck is easily fixed. Woo hoo for getting laundry done. One of the work at home benefits. I am doing some of mine tomorrow.

Well crap. #marcyneedsnewtread. That’s going to cost. I told Marty I need new tires. He asked what size. I said expensive.

Other than that my day is going well.

Off to eat my PBJ for lunch. I went all out planning that.

Laters,
Curbyslicktires

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring is paid for - woo hoo! Estimated "shop" time is 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get my ring in mid March?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, at the rate we're going you're going to have your new ring before I get mine! Actually, I got a message from Ilya yesterday that B.B. (big blue!) should be ready next week.

I probably shouldn't say this lest I jinx you, but new tires is what caused the issue with Liam's truck. He noticed a bulge on one of the tires last weekend and ended up getting all of them replaced. Well somehow some sensor got tripped (or something like that...) and now there are all sorts of issues. The Chevy dealer called him yesterday afternoon and said his truck was fixed -- except for all the lights on the dashboard. He was like WTF; that's why I brought it in! So apparently they changed the oil and replaced the wiper blades (which he had them do since it was there anyway) and "identified" a coolant leak that will cost $1K to fix, but the lights were still flashing. He was so mad he just picked up the truck and is going to take it half way across the state to where he bought it and get it fixed for real. Ugh.

Still no updates on the Fed Ex tracking for the shipment to Oregon. Hopefully the lady will let me know when she gets the box, otherwise I may never find out! I had another sale yesterday BTW... but it was the other set of four like yours. If your friend wants more for x-mas we'll find something else that will work with them. I feel bad now -- I should have set those aside for you just in case but I didn't think of that. Sorry!

Today I need to do the second half of training for someone who started on Monday (it's turned into a two step process since we're work from home... ) and then the IT guy is supposed to fix my new (third!) laptop. Please let this work...

I need to commit to getting some more listings. There are still boxes and boxes of glass downstairs and no one can buy what they can't see! I do think I've got most of the colored glass listed now, and that's probably the more interesting stuff, but some of the clear are really pretty so might as well get them out there.

OK, off to get things straightened up in the kitchen and then send the new guy the forms he'll need for our training session.

Later gators!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that will be awesome if you get Big Blue next week. I am very anxious to see the finished ring.

What a PITA for Liam to take his pickup to another dealer to get it fixed. On top of paying them $1000 to fix a coolant issue. Did the other Chevy dealer resolve the issue? My SIL has taken her Dodge Ram in 3 times for the transmission and electrical issues and they still haven't fixed it.

I hope the lady in Oregon gets her delivery okay. I didn't venture over to our mailbox today (too much snow and cold out there) but can check my UPSP delivery notice. I had quite a few packages delivered to the door today though. No worries about the glasses I bought for my friend. Their bar glasses are made up of many assorted styles, colors and sizes so they will fit right in.

I hope your got the training for the new employee finished and your new laptop got fixed.

I will go see what you've got posted new on your site. How fun! I am enjoying watching new things appear.

I was busy with work today but did get in call to our accountant. She is fine with us dropping off our info so I'll nag at Marty this weekend to get his summary sheet printed out. She didn't want Marty to print out all of his receipts. I did save all of his bank statements as PDF this afternoon. I need to see where he wants them saved. I'll be glad to get that process started.

Marty doesn't think I need new tires; the tires we have fairly flat tread in the middle and probably looked completely bald to me in the light at the moment and walking back in from sunlight. I'll look more closely this weekend.

I think I'll brew up spaghetti and meatballs for lunch tomorrow. We ordered in burgers from Five Guys for lunch. I heated up 2 pieces of cheese pizza while I lifted tonight and ate that for supper.

Tomorrow if Friday. Woo hoo!

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW - I like your pictures - you are staging the glasses and dishes really well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I survived Friday and hope to be able to ignore work ALL weekend. I was planning on making us spaghetti and meatballs for lunch but didn't have time to make meatballs so I just browned the hamburger - I told Marty he got meat drops rather than meat balls. Ha Ha. The noodles and sauce was easy and it did hit the spot. Our garlic bread was flavored with garlic powder since we don't have any fresh garlic in the house but it worked - oven toasted french bed can never be bad.

I got one batch of laundry done today and finally received all of my Amazon order - your package still hasn't arrived though. Pony express was faster than this. Ha Ha.

I got an email from Brittany today asking what to do with my old ring; they are going to remove the head so I can wear it as a band again. I may as well have 5 wedding bands instead of 4, right? Any word on Big Blue?

I wore my Big Blue sapphire solitaire today. Darn ring is too big for me now.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I can't believe your package STILL isn't there! Forget the picture taking and the careful packaging and the actual selling -- the most stressful part of all this is the SHIPPING! Spaghetti sounds good. Hmmm... Maybe I should get a package of hamburger out of the freezer and make that for dinner. At least I know the ferals will eat that!

Well yesterday didn't pan out at all like I'd planned... I was Wide Awake from about 5 o'clock on, which I never enjoy, LOL. I went to the bank, the car wash, the regular grocery store and Costco, thinking I would then come home and post some more listings. Welllllll... a client called me and said he wanted to buy a parking spot and -- oh -- he wanted to see it TODAY. So I had to jump in my car and bolt into the city to take him to look at it. Both he and his brother bought condos from me five years ago, and I really like the whole family (his parents included) a lot, but it was a bit of a chore to be honest. The icing on the cake is that his offer is very lowball so I'm not sure we're even going to reach a deal. I guess we'll know today.

And speaking of today, there is an auction at the fairgrounds. The pictures don't show any glassware, but Liam is going to run by there on his way to the storage locker and take a look for me. If there's nothing for me to buy my plan is to be a listing machine!

Ilya said B.B. should be ready this coming week! I'll text you pics the instant I have it on my hand!

OK, up and at 'em -- I have to be ready if Liam says come to the fairgrounds!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I'm so glad the box finally made it! I was at an auction yesterday with Liam when we were texting and the connection was horrible out in the middle of nowhere in a metal pole barn so I didn't try to send you a pic, but I bought some glasses that reminded me of your Mom's Viking! They are blue and not green, but same concept. I need to unwrap them and look them up to be sure, but I'll let you know as soon as I list them. I bought them in your Mom's honor!

So the auction... wow. At first Liam didn't think there was much for me, but there were a few things he sent pics of and I figured I might as well wander over since it's just a few miles away. Were there was actually a lot of stuff I wanted! I had to say though, I felt like I'd been beaten and dragged behind a wagon after standing for seven solid hours in the cold! I got some good stuff, but it was an astonishing amount of effort. I have a new appreciation for what Liam does! I did take a quick run through the Culver's drive through at lunch time to bring the ferals food (good thing too because we left the house before 8 and didn't get home until after 4 so they would have starved to death by then!) and when I did that I grabbed a big bag of bubble wrap, which turned out to be a godsend when it came to wrapping up all those glasses and plates. Liam was quite impressed by my forethought!

Today I am going to list, list list! I've still got tons of crates in the basement I haven't even cracked, and then yesterday I bought four more sets of glasses, some dessert plates, a serving platter, and a sugar and creamer set. I also got two boxes of embroidered table runners and other stuff like that to use for photo props. I sorted through it all last night and even after weeding out the stuff that was too far gone (linen gets so yellowed when it just sits... ) I still had a full washer of things. I'm hoping I didn't ruin them by running them through a cycle, but they just had that musty smell that would have made me crazy if I left them alone.

OK, off to make sure I didn't miss anything major on PS and then I'm locking myself into the basement for the duration! If you don't here from me in twenty-four hours order a pepperoni pizza and slide it down the stairs! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sounds like the auction had some treasures for you; sweet.

You've been busy. I did have to chuckle at "buying" a parking spot. That's not a problem we have here in Wyoming. Just curious - what do those cost? If there are lots of offers I doubt the lowball offer is accepted if there are other bids. But what do I know about real estate?

Looking forward to B.B.'s arrival next week.

How cool to see some glasses that reminded you of the pattern my mom had; I will watch for them on your site. Thanks for thinking of her. She used to buy me candle holders that I think were the same brand; I wish I still have them. Those were among the many things we didn't move.

The day at the auction sounds LONG but glad you got some great pieces. I bet you do have a new appreciation for what Liam does. Glad you picked up bubble wrap too. Mmm Culvers. I might buy supper from them tomorrow after work.

Embroidered table runners will be great to photograph your glassware on for your site. Good idea!

How are you liking your Audi? We were talking yesterday about how much we liked our last A6. Today I saw an article by Car and Drive about the 10 safest cars this year and the 2021 A6 was #2. The safety rating on the A6 was what drew us to the Aa6 in the first place. I even checked my dealer to see what color that had in stock of the A6. I told Marty I still don't want something I have to drive to Colorado for to get service but I'm betting after driving Audi and Porsche for 16 years I probably wouldn't be happy with a Lincoln or Cadillac. Of course I haven't driven them yet either. Just passing thoughts.

My weekend was uneventful. I got the March newsletter finished for the astronomy club. We went out for breakfast and dinner today. I had 2 glasses of Pino with dinner. After dinner Marty went on to the gym; his speakers for the gym got delivered today so he had a project to work on. His 3 chores on his "honey ignore" list are still waiting to be done. At least he is doing exactly what my list says - if they get done I'm excited. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, are you thinking of replacing The Blue Streak?! I love that car! My Audi is fine... but I wasn't really in the mood to get a new car since my Lexus was still pretty new (to me) so I probably don't appreciate it like I should, LOL. As for the parking spot -- this one is going for about $30K, and it's a bargain at that price! I'm sure you're thinking that's some sort of typo, but it's not! Parking in the city is verrrrry expensive. There are spots in some buildings that go for -- sit down before you read this! -- approaching $100K. Yes, really!

I really don't know what I got done today -- to be clear though, I was doing stuff all day! Not the same thing at all, ha ha. Now Liam is home and we just had sloppy joes for dinner, which is one of my favorite meals. Yes, I know, I am a child! Earlier this afternoon while I listed to a conference call I opened up The Giant Mystery Box of clear glasses that I'd packed up when I moved out of my condo. It was a 24 x 24 moving box and it was PACKED FULL of glasses. I found something I was hoping to find for a really nice lady, but I also got everything else out of the box. And now there is a SEA of glasses on the kids' computer table downstairs (which they have used exactly one time in the 3+ years I've been here so that's not an issue). An important lesson I learned this morning is (a) sets of two aren't very desirable so I need to rethink some listings, and (b) I really have to go through ev.re.thing. and get it all listed. Alright, I guess that was TWO lessons! But nonetheless, I've got a ton of work ahead of me!

There are some hersheys kisses and other candy down in my photo props and I'm sorely tempted to go have a little chocolate to motivate me for the evening's picture taking!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I toy with wanting a car that I don't have to drive 100 miles to get service and that is still in warranty. Yet I love the Curbymobile so it's more talk than anything. Glad your Audi is fine and I totally get you didn't want to get a new car when you bought it.

Holy crap to those prices for a parking spot. Is that per year or do you actually own the spot forever? I bet there is property taxes on it too. Ha Ha.

Don't you hate those days where you are busy all the time but you can't really say what you did all day? Sloppy Joes sound great; I haven't had one for years. Marty actually doesn't care for them but we used to have them camping. LOL to being a child; that is me as well. I always say my maturity level is way different than my actual age.

Yay for finding what you were looking for to give a very nice lady. I would agree listing 2 glasses probably would not sell as well as 4, 6, or 8 per set. Of course once you switch to that you'll get emails can I buy just 2 of them? Ha Ha. I do go look every night on your site every night. And you know the kids will want their computer table once they see it's covered. That's kids for you. Going back to my maturity level the minute Marty covers something up I'm totally going to say I was going to use that.

My BIL got to go home from the hospital today. The cardiologist said his heart is good but there is a chamber they want to check on occasionally. The attempt to put his heart back in rhythm did not work so he still has aFib. They are taking him off blood thinners for 2 weeks so they can fix a blood vessel in his nose. The kidney specialist appointment is still a few weeks out. I am sure he is glad to be home.

I was a good kid and went to work today in spite of trying to convince myself this morning I was sick. I picked up Culver's for supper because their flavor of the day sounded good - cookie dough, salted caramel. Mmm.

Does Liam run all the remotes? I couldn't get the TV or Apple TV to come on when I got home tonight. I never know which stinking buttons or remotes to use to get everything to go except for the on / off button on the satellite remote. If that doesn't work I am lost. I know the sound isn't on right but I finally got the TV on and sound coming out of the TV instead of the speakers. Our tuner is basically on the floor so I can never read what the heck it says for which sound it is playing. When I turn it off at night the tuner turns back on about 10 minutes later so I hear TV for about 5 minutes then it shuts itself back off. Naturally that never happens to Marty. Messing up electronics is one of my super powers.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick pop-in to say I only got one new listing up tonight because I spent so much time with a guy from Australia as we tried to figure out shipping, so you won't have much new to look at!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with shipping to Australia.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, parking spots are generally deeded as separate pieces of property so there are indeed property taxes on them, and also monthly assessments. Think of it as a condo for your car! We had a little bit of sloppy joe left so I know what I'll be having for breakfast! :lickout: I'm glad to hear that things with your BIL seem to be on the right track. Poor guy! I may be the only person who doesn't like caramel ice cream. It is just to "pure sweet" to me, if that makes any sense. I guess I should consider that a win -- an ice cream flavor I don't like, haha. As for the remotes, I try to avoid them like the plague (or should I say the covid!). I never turn anything ON, and on the rare occasions when I have to turn something OFF I always screw it up. Why WHY are there a minimum of two remotes for every TV anyway? Isn't ONE enough?!

Well last night's Australian adventure was a success! The guy was lovely and really loves his glassware so we had quite a chat. The shipping is crazy expensive, but we got a price sorted out. When I went on Etsy this morning I saw that I can actually ship a bigger box than what we were talking bout for around the same money so I'm quite relieved because the idea of putting the glasses in the sized box he requested made me anxious! As you saw, I'm all about OVER packing!

My inventory of colored stemware is dwindling fast. There is an estate sale about an hour from here on Saturday that Liam and I are going to be at first thing. The pics only show one thing so far, but it is a rare color so I'm hoping that's not the only glass the lady had. It would be unusual for her to have and just this one oddball thing and not others. There's also an estate sale around here that starts on Friday morning with one set of glasses I'd like to get. For these two day sales everything is half price the second day, but I am definitely not going to the far away sale late just to get these for a few dollars cheaper, so if I go on Friday and they aren't outrageous (by estate sale pricing anyway) I'll just get them.

Any update on your ring? And I can't remember if I commented on WF taking the head off of your other one so you can wear it as a band -- that is just brilliant!

No word yet from Ilya... but it's only Tuesday... (Dee taps foot impatiently!)

OK, off to shower and then a quick trip to Office Max to get a box for Mr. Australia's shipment!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I am totally loving Big Blue. I keep looking at your pictures. Are you thrilled with it? I even sent a picture to the friend of mine I bought those glasses for from you. BTW, I did email Etsy to see if they can post a review for me or move my purchase to the account I can log in to right now. It's worth a try. I am wearing my Baby Blue ring - the oval sapphire with the new chunky ring.

Wow, those parking spots are prized possessions. I like my wild west living (mostly). ha Ha.

I totally want sloppy joes now. I ordered in canadian bacon / pineapple pizza for supper. This place has cream cheese on their Hawaiian pizza too; it was pretty good.

I agree caramel ice cream is way too sweet. I usually don't even like adding things but this was caramel syrup with pieces of cookie dough; that I like. They have a caramel cashew I'll get now and then too. I am generally boring since vanilla is actually my favorite flavor.

We should definitely avoid remotes. Forget me trying to run the Blu ray player - of course anymore we just download movies anyway.

Sweet you got the deal worked out with the guy from Australia. I don't think you can over package glassware.

I hope you find some great new treasures at the sales this weekend. I really wish I had a picture of my mom's dishes and glassware. Their dining room table was probably 60 x 80 inches and it was totally covered with dishes stacked up. She easily had 200 glasses, maybe 3 sets of china, lots of crystal dishes, bowls. Lots of stuff. I wish I knew what happened to a lot of it; those days are pretty suppressed and foggy. I know my sister who was concerned she "got her fair share" was taking pieces all the time. She sent some of them to her daughters, took on of the china sets but I am sure the rest was sold on Craig's list by her son in law.

I am totally enjoying my Snoopy throw. I had to carefully fold it so the bunnies show too. Thank you again; I really appreciate it.

No word on my ring yet - I think the soonest I get it would be mid next week. We will see.

I will we still had an Office Max here - I like it way better than Office Depot. Conveniently Culver's is right by Office Depot though.

Not much exciting going on here today - work, ordering in lunch and supper and lifting.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Work was frustrating, the busier we get the more the cracks show. Ugh. We ordered in Mexican food for lunch. Weather was decent again. Not much else going on. The thrill-O-meter is not showing activity. Ha Ha.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, this will be a bit of a quickie because may already long day is far from over! The Snoopy throw looks great with the bears and killer rabbit! I am not sure I really know the difference between Office Max and Office Depot but I have been to the one here four times in the last two days LOL. If this keeps up I'll have my name painted on a parking spot right outside the door. Funny you mention the proximity to Culver's -- this one is close to Culver's too and their chocolate custard is like crack to me!

My meeting with my accountant was pretty typical... I owe the Feds a bit and I owe the state a bit less. It seems like there is just no way to adjust my tax withholding to make this not happen! Of course some of it has to do with the fluctuation in my real estate commission from year to year, but damn I hate writing those checks!

OK, I've got to go deal with load of laundry #3 in the dryer and #4 in the washer and clean up the basement because I have packing materials EVERYWHERE. And tomorrow I am going to work with Liam to help him with the PPP stuff, so I'm hoping for an early bedtime.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy early Saturday kids!

Yesterday my adventure in Liam's office went pretty well!, although the PPP stuff is coming in much faster than he can process! I did feel good though because in a normal day he's getting 4 or 5 loans in and yesterday we got in well over 20! There's just so much time taken up by calling someone, telling them you're going to email the form and why (the SBA changed the form last week so any that were signed before then aren't valid any more), getting it back, printing everything out, doing the checklist, and then scanning the total package in and saving it... AND THEN AND ONLY THEN can you put it in the system. So I did all of those other things and Liam entered into the system. He's going in today too, and I'm going to go by after I hit one estate sales that has some fun mid-century green glasses that might still be there (the sale started yesterday but I was on such a roll that I didn't want to leave the bank).

I had a burst of energy the other night and straightened up the basement, so today and tomorrow I need to list, list, list, and also relabel the storage boxes because I've sold some things (62 glasses so far!!!) and moved others around to fill in the gaps. If I don't stay on top of that I'll have to look in every single box to find stuff when it does sell and that will be a major hassle.

As crazy as this sounds, I'm sitting here in bed wearing nothing but B.B. on one hand and Sunshine on the other, ha ha. Every once in a while I think maybe I should look for a different (translation: really big!) new yellow diamond, but then I look at this one and I really love it. I think I envisioned more finger coverage, but the kites on the sides are so narrow. I also toy with the idea of having it reset with rounds or ovals on the side too, which would give more coverage, but I always wanted a ring with kites and these are really good ones. Likely I'll end up doing nothing but what do you think? WWMD? :lol:

Well I guess I might as well get up and launch the day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I think Office Depot now owns Office Max - our local OM had lots of cool little stuff I enjoyed browsing through but they probably aren't that much different. Too funny a Culver's is by your store. That would be great to get your own parking spot; you should suggest it. Do you do your shipping from them too?

Darn you owe state and federal taxes; I like it when we get under $100 refund - the government didn't have my money and I don't have to send in anything. Generally that doesn't work out though. I figure I can spend my money as foolishly as the government. Ha Ha.

How nice to help Liam process loans; it sounds like the 2 of you really knocked it out of the park yesterday. So many local small businesses are hurting here and even closed down. Pretty sad to see. I am glad to so many loans being processed.

Did the estate sale still have those green glasses?

I am totally enjoying my Snoopy blanket; I made that picture I sent you my desktop photo at work yesterday. It brightened my day. Thank you again!

That's great you have sold so many glasses already. Good idea to get organized with all of your boxes and inventory.

What a great way to start the day with BB and Sunshine sparkling back at you. I am CONSTANTLY thinking of what I could do different with rings - as for WWMD - if I won't wear it I generally do some kind of upgrade so I will wear it. I like to buy stones from places with upgrades so I can get a new stone if I want one. If I feel let down every time I wear it then I definitely try to figure out a way to change it. Sadly over half of my rings rarely see the light of day. The rings I wear frequently I really like just the way they are. Sunshine is gorgeous. If you changed it would you love it more? I never say never to new bling. Ha Ha. How is that for a non-answer answer?

I was very happy to see 04:30 pm roll around yesterday so my weekend could begin. I even stayed off my electronic devices last night and simply watched TV. I have groceries to pick up at noon today. I was going to see if we could to go Texas Roadhouse for lunch today but Marty ate there last night with some of the crew from his gym so I guess I'll figure something else out for lunch. I should get started on laundry today but that doesn't sound fun at all.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay so I just went and looked at your Sunshine thread - it definitely does not have the same finger coverage as Big Blue but no matter what I thought of to change Sunshine appealed to me. I thought of a halo around the diamond - nope, adding other size / shape side diamonds - nope, even a wider oval gold setting for the diamond - nope that would push the kites out to the sides and off the edge of your finger. So my initial thoughts think Sunshine is beautiful the way it is.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made mini pizzas today -yay I'll have 5 mini pizzas to bake for supper in the freezer.

Sadly I had to log in and do some work - stupid rain and baseball games.

Marty grilled burgers for us for lunch; I made us both a bowl of fresh fruit and had some cottage cheese with it. I might have popcorn for supper.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, you are so right!!! Sunshine is a beautiful ring and a beautiful stone and I need to remind myself that not everything has to look like part of Elizabeth Taylor's collecton! I've got a few rings I stack with it, including one that has a "gap" so it sits on either size of the bezel and looks great, and that all gives some more coverage. And... inspired by Donnabrsd's search for a sapphire, and your enthusiasm for always being on the hunt for something new and fab, I miiiiiight have ordered a cushion shaped grey spinel from Thailand yesterday. :lol: I'll text you the video. I'm hoping it looks more grey than blue when it comes. I've viewed it now on three computers and two phones and it's different on every one. But the stone was only about five hundred bucks all in so even if I hate it it's not like Liam and I have to eat cat food for a month to make up for it. I've also got a setting idea that I'll send you. When I got down to see my emerald I'll ask Ilya about modifying it (it's set up now for an emerald and has N/S/E/W prongs, but the stone is a cushion and I'd prefer a bezel, or at least prongs in the traditional corners. So stay tuned on that!

I have no idea what happened to yesterday... POOF -- it was over and not much really got done! Liam went into the bank early and I wandered over a bit later. We popped out to an estate sale but the green glasses they had pictured sold the day before. That's OK, I can't have everything! I did then go to three Salvation Army's and came home with 30+ new glasses, so that was fun. When I got home I took a nap and then eventually Liam came home and we ordered a pizza. Then he went BACK to the bank and I took all of the price tags off the glasses (bye bye manicure!) and washed them.

Today is the older child's 14th birthday and we're going to take them to Chili's for lunch. They have a video game console thing right on the the table so he'll be amused. And (broken record alert!) I've got to list a whole bunch of stuff, including your mom's glasses! I wanted a set-up with some back lighting because I think the pattern on those is so cool and will show up really interestingly in the light so I bought a sheer curtain the other day at BB&B and I'll try to arrange them on a table in front of a window to see what that looks like. #DeeThinksSheCanTakePicures, LOL.

OK, shower time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results