shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I buy a package of car washes like that at a local Loaf n Jug but they shut it down due to COVID. I like that you don't have to steer your car on to rails. I agree it does seem to work really well; it even cleans off a lot of the brake dust on my car (like I use brakes ha ha). The only thing that doesn't get cleaned well is the window on my lift back. The car washes I have Marty take my car to is definitely an obstacle course and has a sharp corner to get to the car wash so Marty gets elected to drive my car through them. I bought him a car care kit from Jay Leno's garage for Christmas maybe he'll clean it by hand. He'll probably save that for his truck.

Woo hoo! The weekend is here.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, it's funny you mention the back window! I always feel like there are a couple of inches right under the top lip that don't get sprayed just because of the shape of that little overhanging piece. I guess if I really cared I could clean it myself after the fact... but... yah... no. :lol: I've still got a handful of stragglers who haven't done their certifications. I will be on the phone to them as soon as I get done here "talking" to you.

Last night Liam brought the kids home (there was the usual noisy chaos) and I sat here at the table and obsessed some more about my ring design. I think I'm going to commit to the one you and I agreed on the other day. At this point it's a matter of splitting hairs, which is rarely productive (for me, anyway).

Liam's cousin came over from Iowa this morning and they are at an auction at the fairgrounds. I hope they dressed warm because it's pretty cold out there today!

My big plan (after beating on my employees) involves doing a workout video and taking a shower. Beyond that, the world is my oyster, hahahahahaha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes that is the exact spot that doesn't get cleaned on my car either. Easy enough to wipe it off (if I get around to it).

Darn those pesky stragglers that need to finish their certifications. I have one employee I always need to pester to finish signing off on things or take some required course. Such fun.

I bet chaos erupted with the boys got there. I'm not used to being around kids so I sure notice the noise and chaos. I do think that setting will be gorgeous on your ring.

I hope Liam and his cousin have a nice time at the auction. What kind of auction? Darn that it's cold out there. We are in the low 40's today and the stinking hurricane force winds are back. We went out of lunch and I told Marty I'd try not to get knocked over this time.

Yay my car is clean till snow arrives this week.

I got the February newsletter done today for the astronomy club. I am down to one load of laundry left to wash but think I'll do that tomorrow.

My $45 bright yellow jacket from Land's End arrived. Makes me want to sing the little Rubber Ducky song but hey you can't beat a warm coat for $45. This one falls below the waste and my other 2 winter coats are long so I wanted something shorter for variety.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, Liam goes to auctions almost every weekend. That's where he gets the stuff for his ebay business (and I swear he almost makes as much doing that as he does from his regular job as a banker now that he's established). There are a lot of farms and manufacturers in this area and that's much of what he buys; i.e., equipment and instruments. He does sometimes get stuff that's a lot bigger/heavier than he's anticipated (most in the on-line auctions, which have picked up due to covid) and then shipping can be a challenge. His real specialty though seems to be chainsaws. There was one auction he went to in the summer where he bought a lot of TWENTY EIGHT of them! And they all sold!

Yesterday I did really not a lot of anything... I did finish the jewelry lady's stuff, with the exception of one thing that I'll do today. But other than that I didn't do a single load of laundry or dishes (Liam took care of it after dinner). I also never got around to doing a workout video, even though I had my workout clothes on all day, so I think that half-way counts, LOL.

We got quite a bit of snow overnight. I'm a little concerned about letting the little while dog out the back door because I'm afraid it might be as deep as he is tall! The big hairy dog though, he's LOVING it.

I just realized it's only about 8 o'clock. Based on all the activity downstairs I was sure it must be later. Why aren't those children SLEEPING?!

Oy... it's going to be a looooooong day...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, how is the chaos at your house today?

Liam's Ebay business sounds lucrative and both my BIL would like his products. There is a guy here in town that will buy things from you and sell them on Ebay. I guess he does well with that.

Good deal you had a relaxing day yesterday. I have "stuff" to take care of today but can work at it on when I get ambitious. Nothing big. I did just order the furniture for the deck from Polywood. Marty moved our other furniture down to the patio so right now the deck only has the grill on. It faces east and has no roof so there is no shade on it until afternoon. Estimated ship date is early April. I swear I'll dry my hair in the sun on weekends and get all blonded up. It'll be funny if I get to pick the furniture I want and still not go outside. We are by a greenway that they don't control the weeds and grass so it really bugs my allergies to be out there.

I can imagine the little dog in the deep snow; he probably wouldn't enjoy that. Maybe since his big brother is enjoying the snow his little brother will too.

I got my lifting done already. After I searched the entire house plus garage for my 2 pairs of kitchen scissors. Marty took care of the dishes the other day and swears he didn't do anything with them. I finally found them in our knife block. Good idea but I sure didn't think of looking there.

My last batch of clothes just needs dried and next I'm rounding up my tax documents.

Take care.
Curby

Here is my furniture - we ordered 2 rocking chairs

Polywood.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby,

Ooooh -- I like that furniture a lot! Liam sacrificed two old wood anarondack (sp?) chairs to the burn pile in the late fall because they were DONE after being exposed out in the weather for many summers/winters. And I hear ya on the allergy thing. I love the idea of sitting out on the side deck at the table with the big umbrella and my laptop in the summer to work, but the instant I get settled out there my sinus SLAM SHUT!

Your BIL are EXACTLY Liam's target market! He also sells a fair amount of hunting and fishing stuff too. He always says his customers are men who like to build/fix things and spend time outside. Based on how much he sells, he's pretty good at his business model so that really must be his correct pool of buyers! Lately I've been thinking I should start an Etsy store to get rid of some of my glassware. Not all the fabulous stuff of course, but like things where we were forced to get a set of 24 of something and I really only wanted two. Not sure I'd make a ton of money, but at least I could make room to 'restock," and I'd probably have a BALL doing it! I need a clever name for the store, but all the fun ones I come up with have an apostrophe and I don't know how well that would work in terms of searchability. If you've got any ideas feel free to throw 'em right out!

Well I just emailed the jewelry lady her info in a giant spreadsheet for 2020, along with a lot of notes. She's not at all savvy in the ways of accounting... I sure hope her head doesn't explode...

Good for you for finishing your lifting. Would you be surprised if I said I haven't done my workout video yet?!

OK, off to un/reload the dishwasher. AGAIN!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Yesterday wasn't as productive as I'd hoped, but I did do a workout video so I'm calling it a success! Today though, some stuff has got to get DONE.

I'm not sure if you saw my thread in Hangout, but I'm thinking I may open at Etsy store to sell some of my vintage glassware and other "treasures." Any thoughts on that... ?

My right hand has some sort of weird sore swollen area at the base of my pinky finger and the one beside it. Really hope that hand doesn't fall off -- it would be a b!tch to relearn how to type at this point in my life!

OK, off to make some hot tea and get serious about today's work!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you. I am anxious to see what the furniture looks like. But stupid allergies, huh?

I would say Liam has a good business plan on Ebay - that kind of stuff sells for sure. I think you can sell your glassware on Ebay as well or on Etsy. My nephew's wife had an Esty shop but finally just moved it to her own website. She makes little clay miniatures and does pretty well with it. I cannot think of a clever name for your shop tho; I'm so bad at that.

I hope the jewelry lady's head doesn't explode. That would be messy.

I feel your pain on dishwasher chores - i swear that's all I do too and we don't have ferals running around here.

Yay for doing a workout video yesterday. Success! Tomorrow is my lifting day.

Ouch to your sore and swollen fingers. Could a spider have bit you? Is it better? Maybe try soaking your hand in Epsom salt and see if that helps. Feel better.

I worked at home yesterday and then went jewelry shopping today. My friend sadly didn't get her DH's blessing to buy a new ring or diamond. While we were looking at stuff through loops she looked at her diamond so then I took a look. IMO her DH needs to suck it up and buy her something nice. It's cloudy, dull and has nasty inclusions including black ones. Oh well, none of my business. I just told Marty and he agrees - you'd think the guy would be embarrassed it's such a nasty diamond and want to get her something nicer.

As for my shopping I spent more than I planned but I always do. The band I liked looked great with that oval sapphire so I bought it and then got a 7.8mm round sapphire to but in my chunky solitaire ring. The round just looks so much better in that setting that the square cushion. Four rings need repairs (3 prongs re-tipped and one ring missing a pave diamond). I should get them all next week sometime.

We stopped on the way home and had a nice lunch including a glass of wine. Jewelry shopping, wine - what a great day. We both got a small box of chocolates at the jewelry store as well.

Here is a collage of what I got. The left images are the new ring for the oval sapphire and the sapphire kind of propped in the round head. The ring has PC diamonds, baguettes between them and little round diamond. On the right is the new sapphire for the solitaire ring.

Tomorrow is back to the office and work. Phooey.

Curby

Attachments

• today.jpeg
    today.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, sounds like you had a very successful jewelry trip! And that's too bad about the lady... is there any chance she can save up and buy herself a nice diamond on her own? Of course that could cause other stress with her husband, but would be bad. These situations are always tough and I'm sorry you're kind of caught up in it.

We ran to Home Depot when Liam got done with work and then picked up some KFC. Let's just say it didn't sit well on his stomach, poor guy. That's the second time in a row so I think we've written KFC off out list of fast food places.

Last night Liam showed me some sights where you can see upcoming estate sales and auctions and also some auction sites where you can bid online. It is all a bit overwhelming LOL. Just taking the pictures alone would be hours and hours of work in the beginning. We'll see how far this goes...

The IT people keep getting me to "refresh offline days" through our RSA app. I don't even know what they're talking about and when I follow the steps in the email it does not take me where it's supposed to (according to how I'm reading the message anyway). Guess it's time for a call to the tech people. Wish me luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Dee Jay, I think my friend might buy her own diamond and ring sometime. They keep some of their money separate and each pay for certain bills. Marty and I have one account - he makes money and I spend it. Ha ha. But seriously unless her husband decides to get her something nicer it can only end up hurting someone’s feelings. I think I’ll quit leaving my ring home when we get together. I have an empty WG solitaire band and a decent 1/2 diamond I could give her but that wouldn’t go over well either. I feel bad for her. He isn’t one of my favorite people. She does car leases but then trades for another lease too soon and keeps ending upside down on loans. She wanted to get a BMW SUV but he had her buy an older Jeep to save money last fall. Then 2 weeks later he went to Carvana in Denver and bought a year old Volvo sedan. I get as a couple they need to decide how to spend money. I did suggest yesterday well if it was me every time you discuss money I’d bring up I want a nicer diamond. Of course that’s easy for me to say. We are both spenders and don’t get upset if one of us buys something. Her step daughter just got engaged as well and from the picture it looks like a nice diamond. Maybe that will make her husband feel bad enough to take her shopping.

Darn that KFC didn’t set well with Liam yesterday. I always loved their biscuits. Now I want chicken. Mmm

The online estate auctions sound interesting and I bet you could sell your glassware there but it would be work. There are places in Colorado that do the auctions for you but when I checked on them for my parents estate it was so pricey it wasn’t worth it to me. I am sure her crystal and china had some pieces worth something. Those things were disappearing weekly though. My sister was writing down names of patterns then must have been looking them up online and huh that pile of dishes got smaller all the time. She was the sister who was worried about getting cheated.

Good luck with your IT person. I need to contact someone about a VPN connection myself.

We are having lovely weather today. I’m in the office and cold. I put on a scarf and had a blanket over my shoulders. Dropped them both on the floor and forgot I had them on and then dropped them in the bathroom so they are going home to be washed. Luckily I have one more of each here in the office.

I woke up about 2 and didn’t fall back asleep for several hours. That is getting to be a habit. Best find a way to count sheep or sapphires.

Take care.
Curby.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, that's *interesting* about your sister and the dishes. Hm. So I think I really am going to go ahead with the Etsy store and would like your opinion on the name. I was originally contemplating Glass Goddess, but there is always the possibility I could sell other stuff so does that sound too limiting? Then again, maybe the store name means absolutely nothing because people search by item and not by store name...? My other idea at this point is MyLastName Notions. (Since you know my last name that will make sense, LOL.) What do you think of that? Any and all other ideas are welcome!

I want to go downtown this weekend and grab some of my glass to take pics so I did a run to Costco and the regular grocery store last night. I was pretty efficient and managed to spend a lot of money in a short period of time! But at least that chore is off the list. I also ordered a light box so I can decent photos. Nothing fancy, just the $39.99 version, but I see so many bad pics that I'm going to try to do better than that.

I've been getting up a little earlier these past few mornings, but yet I don't seem to get any more done ha ha. This morning I'm going to do a quick 25 min workout video and then hop in the shower because I have to zoom train a new employee at 11 and there's no point in having to do hair and makeup twice.

We're already getting the first few flurries for the next wave of winter storm. It's not supposed to be as bad as the last one, but 3-6 inches of heavy wet snow still doesn't sound like a very good time to me. Oh well, what else can you expect for February in the upper Midwest?!

OK, workout video here I come!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I like the Notions name - it's catchy and memorable. Very cool! Yes, my sister was turning over the dishes, glasses, etc and getting the pattern name then I'd stop by in the middle of the week and stuff would be gone. I bet she was checking Ebay or Craigs list for prices. I am sure she had her son in law sell them. It took was a while to notice but I started taking pictures of the table and it quickly became obvious. When I split the money 3 ways I always told the bank if there was an extra penny or two to give it to her.

Nice to run downtown and get some shopping done. A light box is a good idea. I also like taking pictures outside in early morning or late evening light; less direct but you get rich colors. Have fun with that!

Good idea to get up early so you can get in a workout video and shower before your meeting. I got my lifting done after work today. I sleep in till the last minute and generally regret it. On days I'm working at home I am usually logging on with the bath towel still on my head and a robe on.

Darn for a snow storm moving in. Sadly we both have a few more months of the white stuff left. We have been crazy windy with only enough snow to make it nasty. It's cold as heck too. I signed up for Door Dash today to get lunch delivered for us instead of running out to get something.

Work was hectic today. My BIL is back in the ER for the 3rd time this week. He couldn't keep food down Monday and was in a lot of pain. They ran lots of tests and decided it was a urinary tract infection, gave him antibiotics and sent him home. Wednesday he was feeling awful so they went to an urgent care place and his blood pressure was awfully high and detected an AFib event so called an ambulance and sent him to the hospital. Today he went to a doctor, they did a blood test (again) and found that troponin level had changed since Monday so did lots of heart tests. They called them tonight with the blood test results and told him to go to the ER for another test. I haven't heard anything yet.

When I took all my rings in Tuesday to get cleaned and checked I left my diamond ring in the safe. Since they kept 3 of my gemstone rings for loose or broken down prongs I got to worrying about my diamond ring. I've been having hair or fuzz catch under some of the prongs lately. I was definitely able to confirm the diamond is loose. I think I'll get a different ring with more protection around the prong. Like I needed to spend more money on jewelry now. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I hope they figure out what's wrong with your BIL ASAP and that he's OK! I think I've moved on to MyLastName Estates. MLY Notions just sounded so damn "cute" that I wasn't sure I could do it, even though I liked how the two words sounded together. I do need to make a decision though and get the process rolling.

This morning I woke up to a flurry of emails that came in between 11 pm and midnight about something someone wanted clearance on for today. I got it done around 8, but PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE -- it's FRIDAY! Chill!!!

Then TR said, oh, aren't you going to all the local estate sales to see if there's any glass? Uh -- for some reason I had in my head they are all Sat/Sun events, but apparently a lot of them start on Fridays, and even Thursdays if they are big. Well of course I popped up like toast and logged onto the system to look. I don't think there's anything out there I'm willing to brave the single digits for first thing, especially since I don't know if all the side roads are taken care of yet after yesterday's weather. I may motivate to go downtown and get my boxes of glassware this afternoon rather than tomorrow, but we'll see.

First things first though, more coffee and some breakfast are in order!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, they did figure out what is going on with my BIL. He had a blot clot hit his kidney and bruised it. I think he'll be miserable for quite a while. He'll be on blood thinners for life and they are seeing a cardiologist next week on his AFib. He is pretty miserable right now and was able to eat a little bit today. Poor guy! I suggested they try a shake for him tomorrow.

Don't you hate those darn emails that come in overnight and want something NOW!!!! And on Friday!

Good plan to stay off the side streets till that snow goes down. If they clean residential areas there like they do here (or NOT is more like it) the main roads are fine but side roads are awful. Then if they do plow them they pile it up in the middle of the street or right in front of your driveway. Grr. Did you venture downtown in the cold? I wore my new bright yellow jacket today and it definitely is a warm coat. It's one of those Squall Parkas from Land's End. It felt like 12 here today at our warming. Next week is going to be even colder. It's like I live in Wyoming or something.

I like the XXXX Estates name for your shop too. I still like the catchy other idea as well. It's someone they won't forget. Either are great!

I left my diamond at home today and freaked out about every time I didn't see it on my hand. I am actually leaning towards getting a solitaire around here so I can get the ring checked and repaired easily. If it wasn't so stinking cold I would go look this weekend. I think my SIL is coming to visit this weekend too.

Have a great weekend. I did get the Curbymobile up to 101 this morning. Sweet.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I"m glad they figured out what was going on with your BIL and are now treating him appropriately! Some of the roads here were pretty bad yesterday. I picked TR up at lunch and we wen to an estate sale out in the country. At one point I was on a stretch of road between two big fields and there was a lot of snow blown across. I realized I was driving the car FORWARD but it was drifting on it's own from side to side in the lane. Pretty scary! Good idea to get a ring locally so it can be serviced. And I ended up going with the Estates option for my online store. After combing through Etsy to see what other similar names already existed and then also going through the State's site because I had to file a DBA that seemed like the best available option.

Yesterday afternoon I hung around waiting for the 3 pm call to start so I could take it from the car as I drove downtown. Well we all got on the line and the main consultant guy never showed up. Argh. Then I went downtown anyway and brought back fourteen (!) cases of glassware. I've figured out where in the basement I"m going to set up and Liam brought me a folding table back from his storage locker so I'll have additional surface space because I can tell this is going to be a big spread out endeavor!

Today I have a work call at 10 am (yes -- really!!!) but I'm going to start to get everything organized and take some pics for the site. I also think maybe I should do my nails before I get started because they are like talons right now and when they are super long that's when I tend to have things slip off my hand and break them. Liam also suggested we make a quick Salvation Army and estate sale run so see if there's anything good so we'll probably due that in connection with picking up some lunch.

OK, off to get this show on the road!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Kids!

Dee Jay, wow your trip to the country does sound scary. I've been out in conditions like that far too many times. Stupid snow storms. Glad you made it home safely. The Estates name will be a good one. Sounds like you are on the way to getting the site up and running. Sweet. Nice to have a table to spread glasses out on so you can get photos to post.

Nice that the main consultant didn't show up for the conference call. At least you could take the call in your car.

I had a work call today as well; as luck would have it I didn't hear my phone ring so one of my managers dialed in and took care of it. I'll have to have my volume on low more often.

My BIL is feeling a bit better today - he was at least able to eat. They got him a strawberry shake and he drank 1/2 of it. I looked up bruised kidney - pretty serious condition. Poor guy.

I got my hair cut this morning. The snow was really coming down when I was out. I packed up my rings and paperwork for Kays and Riddles and headed to the mall. Riddles always polishes my jewelry so I turned in my 2 channel set bands too. I had them look at my engagement ring and the prongs were just loose so they tweaked them for $5. I am still seriously considering a new ring. I backed out on heading to Jared's since it was snowing. After getting my ring fixed for now and kind of settling on going to Jared's to get something Marty told me just get something from Whiteflash. I have 3 solitaires I like on their website.

I got laundry done. Marty grilled tenderloin outside in our 20 degree weather and I made mashed potatoes. Tasty.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the rings I like is a Vatche with 6 prongs but the prongs are yellow gold. I don't know I'd want yellow gold prongs.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, can they do the prongs in white metal? I would think that would be an option for a high end company like that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I do plan on asking about that. There is a bead set diamond band with a 6 prong head that is white gold. Decisions. Decisions. At least I can wear my ring while I figure out what to do. If I didn’t have 3 bands I really like I’d go with some entirely new chunky bypass set.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I'm glad your BIL was able to eat something. Poor guy. LOL that Marty said just go to Whiteflash. Good idea not to go to the jewelry store in bad conditions. I was really surprised the other day at how bad the roads were. I guess when you've got blowing snow between two big fields that's what happens, but it's not a condition I've had a lot of experience driving in!

Yesterday didn't turn out as productive as I would have liked. After my work call, which went from 10 to 11, Liam and I ran to a couple of places. I did pick up a set of two glasses and a set of four, but that was about it.

When we got home I worked on the storefront a little more, but etsy won't let me use the selling app until I have at least one listing, and that's what I was going to use to DO the listings because then I can just take pics and post right from my phone rather than transferring the pics from my phone to my computer. Can you see the circular time consuming problem there?! I'm hoping once I get one on there it will let me do the rest with my phone.

In the afternoon I tried out the second of the nail polishes I had ordered. This one I'm calling Elvira! It is a really dark burgudy, almost black. I posted a pic in the Hangout thread What Color Polish Are You Rocking Right Now with a glass of Cabernet because they are a pretty good match!

Alright, I guess the first step in getting show on the road involves a shower now that Liam has delivered my coffee.

Keep me posted on your reset adventure. I'm living vicariously through you now that I'm just in waiting mode on my sapphire ring ring. I feel like this is taking For.Ev.Er.!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, yes I have frequent exposure to blowing snow in wide open spaces. Of my maybe 7 mile drive to work easily 5 of it is open. It’s a total blast driving home in a blizzard.

my BIL ate some mashed potatoes and Salisbury steak today. He is eating fruit as well. Still has quite a pit of pain.

yay for finding more inventory yesterday. I hope your Etsy shop does well. I’ll check it out when it’s up and running. Yes I do see the circular time consuming way to get started. Hopefully you can eliminate the computer once it’s going. Marty set up a website for my sister to sell doll clothes and we had her load her pictures to a google drive for Marty to use when setting it up. She is loading her own pictures now and i keep telling her she doesn’t need to use her google drive anymore but that’s how she learned it so she keeps doing it that way.

nice to have some Elvira nail polish and of course it’s important to know what kind of wine it matches. Wine actually sounds good right now. We didn’t go out this weekend so I missed my glass of wine. I should see if I have a mini bottle somewhere.

I am sorry your ring projects are taking so long. My updated rings should hopefully show up Thursday.

cold and snow plus wind is in our forecast. Joy.

I lifted this morning and have beef noodle soup going.

take care

Curby.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the JA one with the single diamond accent! I think that would look good with your scattered band too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed Dee Jay, I worry the criss-cross mount would not set flush with my bands though. Marty always suggested I buy another Etoile band and have it made in to an engagement ring. That is always another option.

Ha Ha I just showed Marty what I am considering and told him it was nice of him to pretend like he is interested in it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! I am sure I’m driving Brittany at WF crazy this morning. I’ve emailed her 3 times. I have on my Tiffany band today and it matches so well with my 3mm WF scattered band why not just go with a 4mm WF scattered diamond band?

The question remains how much more protected is my diamond in a cathedral mount versus a prong mount? I’m guessing not much difference. If I do a 6 prong head on the 4mm band it’s not likely to fall out or is that wishful thinking? ETA a 6 prong basket setting should be darned secure. I think.

Okay back to work. Opinions welcome.

Curby.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, that's an interesting idea about having another etoile made into an Ering. Would you have a peg head put on it so it would sit flush with the other band? I wonder if that would be "structurally sound"? But then again, it probably wouldn't be any LESS structurally sound than any other ring made with a peg head so just ignore me -- Dee's thinking out loud here, ha ha. I hope you found some wine yesterday. I bought a case of prosecco and and a mixed case of red and white on new years eve and I was, shall we say, *surprised* when I went digging around in booze storage area to see how little was left, LOL. I'm pretty shore Liam put some of the red down in the wine fridge though -- or at least I hope so!

Our internet here is acting up. Yesterday I worked on The Glass Project alllllll day, and one of the frustrations was that I couldn't get pics to load. I figured it was either that I was in the basement or that the ferals were here any using up bandwidth playing games, but it turns out there's an issue still this morning so someone must have hit a pole or something. This rural delivery of technology leaves quite a bit to be desired! I did take pics of several sets of glasses though and I managed to identify one pattern that has been eluding me for ages so that's good. I'm debating whether to go live with only half a dozen listings or to keep on going and make a big splash with many more at one fell swoop. The second option is my choice at this point, but if Liam says "Are you live yet?" one more time I'm going to smack him!

Today I have to do my real job... what a bummer! I have a zoom at 2 so I'm hoping whatever is going on in the land of wifi is fixed by then. There's also a boatload of laundry in my future because I did exactly none over the weekend.

OK, off to begin the adventure!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See now nice they match? 54EB0AA9-2AE0-4D4E-9B05-04607B4F550D.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love those together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results