carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I read about the winds you're having! I think one report said 105 MPH. Isn't that a HURRICANE?!! I'm sure I told you this (because after all this time I'm sure I've told you EVERYTHING, hahahahaha!), but I was once lifted off my feet crossing a bridge over the Chicago River carrying a golf umbrella. Fortunately it was just a little bit and I came right back down squarely, but it was a surreal moment!

Work this week has been out of the park crazy. I won't bore anyone with details, sufficient it to say if it was always like this I'd find a new job! I've even got calls on Monday, and technically we're "closed." Not happy about that At All.

This weekend I need to do the 2020 accounting for the cow bag lady and also a friend of hers that I've picked up along the way. To really finish it I'll have to go by her house and pick up The Magic Box Of Receipts, but I'll loop that in with a trip downtown that I'm hoping will happen some time next week (assuming the contractor gets his act together and provides me with a quote so I can give him a deposit check, and I'm also hoping my emerald will make it's way to Chicago eventually and I'd like to see it!).

OK, early call this morning, and one video no less (!?!) so I better hop in the shower. And I haven't washed my hair since Tuesday so that's on the agenda while I'm in there LOL.

Later gators!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Today, like yesterday, will likely be a day of Not Much!

There's a plan for crockpot chili (although I will have to actually get out of bed to make that happen :lol:) and I am going to at least start on the accounting for the jewelry lady (friend of the cow bag lady), although since she's "new" to me so there will be a learning curve and I'm not sure if I'll get done. I did finish all of the cow bag lady's 2020 stuff yesterday, with the exception of The Magic Box Of Receipts.

I found a yoga video that I queued up yesterday and never got around to, so maybe that will happen...

And TR got me some tomato juice at the grocery store last night. Can you say Bloody Marys?!?
:lickout: He did get literally tomato juice though, and not like spicy V8 or anything else I would have chosen myself, so I have to figure out how to doctor it up a little. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, and it was nice of him to surprise me, so I'm not complaining (even though it might sound like I am, ha ha.

OK, off to find some clothes and start this day of Not Much!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you heard correctly about our winds. That 105 mph was about 10 miles SW of us. They also had a gust recorded at 125 mph - that's tornadic wind. WTH? No wonder it can knock me on my arse. How scary to have a Mary Poppins moment with your umbrella. I am glad you weren't hurt. As a kid I always wanted cute or fancy umbrellas and of course our wind ripped them to shreds in no time sometimes attacking me in the process. When I get in an elevator at work with someone who has an umbrella in hand I always ask them - you aren't from here are you? To date, not one of them has answered yes.

Yes I am sure we have told each other everything by now. Ha Ha.

I hate to hear your job has been so crazy and you have to work on the Monday holiday. I am right there with you. Friday I took a vacation day but had to dial in to work on appraisals. I had submitted 2 of them without the employee adding comments, I knew I had but figured my boss would kick them back to me and I'd tell him that was my fault. Being the typical hothead he is though he yelled at those 2 employees. I am sure he was ticked off at that. Then yesterday we almost had 2 on air errors. The general manager found one of them and fixed it before it went on air and then another department notified me about 30 minutes before a missing event would have gone on air so I was able to add it. Grr. They were both last minute events on Friday so didn't go through normal checks but they obviously didn't follow a check list. Today I had to dial in an work again. The cancellations of live games are killing me.

Glad to hear the cow lady still keeps her receipts in a box for you. Nice of you to take on her jewelry friend as well. I need to round up ours and start nagging at Marty to get his gym receipts ready. I fear we owe big bucks this year but we will see.

Yes, I am anxious to see that emerald. Did you get your CAD for the blue sapphire?

How was your chili? I cooked a roast in the crock pot today. I swapped out my crock pot for my old one downstairs; it cooks so much better. We have several that we use for Christmas or parties and my usual one ended up downstairs.

Mmm bloody Mary's. We used to talk about taking them camping then we'd always forget.

My weekend was busy and other than work uneventful. Marty and his sister went to Casper for a lifting competition one of his clients was competing in. They were gone from Friday afternoon till Saturday afternoon. I enjoyed the solitude. I did some grocery shopping, finished laundry, went out to lunch and watched some movies. A friend came over about 4:30 yesterday and we played cards. Marty and Chris got here soon after we started so we ordered in supper and played cards for several hours.

Today I worked on the astronomy article for February to get sent off to the local newspaper. Marty got the Christmas lights down since today there was no snow on the roof and the winds weren't gusting in the 80's and 90's range. He mentioned later I could have helped him but he never asked either so there.

I lifted today and now hope to be lazy the rest of the evening.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, my blood Mary experience yesterday was... um... not fabulous. I sorted through the fridge and cubbard to see what I might be able to use to make the plain tomato juice more interesting. I settled on season salt, chili powder and a spoonful of pickle juice. Don't laugh -- it was the best I could do! Now of course the bottle of juice is open and I'll have to keep plowing through, but I'm going to look up some recipes first!

The chili was pretty good, but I think I had it turned up too high in the beginning and even though we put it just on warm after several house there was still a crust on the crockpot that took some scrubbing. Fortunately it didn't taste burned at all, but it was a bit of a hassle to clean.

I did start the jewelry lady's accounting yesterday, but honestly I didn't get far. I'm back on it this morning as I'm dialed into these calls I just need to listen to, but not actively participate in. And I never did do a workout video yesterday, but I did two short ones this morning, one yoga and one cardio. Honestly, I'm not sure yoga is really for me, but I'm going to give it a shot a few mores times and see if I get an benefit from the stretching at least.

No sapphire cad yet. But I'm hopeful it will show up soon! I've already got the setting for my emerald pretty well set in my mind so that one should be a much faster process (I hope!).

Liam went into the bank today, even though they are closed, to work on some stuff in quiet. He brought his laptop home over the weekend but said he couldn't get anything done because there was too much distraction. Welcome to my life! And the kids weren't even here this weekend; imagine how difficult it is to work when they are here too!

OK, off to switch some laundry from the washer to the dryer and then back to the jewelry lady's credit card bills.

Whew -- things are out of control here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, darn your Bloody Mary's wouldn't win a drink of the year award but hey you at least got to drink some. Pepper, Worcestershire sauce and tobacco sauce might perk it up. Now I want a Bloody Mary.

Good deal your chili tasted good. I generally like the crusty stuff that sticks to the edge of the pan but that's more on potatoes and macaroni and cheese. I usually use crock pot liners but don't know how they would work on chili.

Phooey you had to dial in to calls today. I had to work as well. It was a long day. Glad you found some exercise videos to try.

I am anxious to see your CAD and your emerald. I was tempted to drive to Denver on Saturday to look at different rings for my latest sapphire but decided I didn't want to mess with restrictions and wait to get in the store, etc.

It is hard to get work done at home with distractions. I got home from the dentist today and Marty and his Chris were watching Top Gear and chatting - I told them as soon as this is over I'm kicking you both out of my office. Neither of them had to work today.

My dentist experience was not fun. I didn't sleep well so I was cranky. They pretty much gave me the Spanish Inquisition about COVID to get in the door. Then the hygienist immediately tells me they are going to measure all my teeth for bone density. She claims they told me last time I was in they would do that this time. I certainly didn't recall that. I was in a hurry so tried to postpone it so she wants to go talk to the dentist about it because I have to do it. So he comes in and chats with me about it and they pull up X-rays from last time and show me where stuff is built up they need to clean out and where my bone is receding. Um if this was a concern why didn't we cover this 6 months ago? So then they want me back twice for each time a 2 hours session to black and decker my teeth. It's so bad they deaden your one side like you are getting a filling. FUN!!! My hygienist for years didn't seem to clean my teeth very well so I am sure that didn't help to get me in this mess now. I'll pick up a water pick and Listerine this week. Anyway other than work that was my fun day.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, YOWCH on the dental front. Ugh. You poor thing. I have been skipping my cleanings during all this covid crap and I'm sure my first trip back will be more intense than usual. Good call on the Worcestershire! I think we have some in the fridge... but it could be long expired. Does stuff like that go bad though? Hmmm... Am I willing to risk botulism for a decent bloody Mary? Maybe! :cheeky:

Yesterday afternoon the contractor got back to me with a quote. It was a lot higher than I expected (like double!) but I guess it is what it is because I want it all done, so Liam and I ran downtown. Along the way I dropped off a rug for a friend (it was just going to live in Liam's basement for infinity, so I'm happy to give it to her) and then we were in and out of my place in record time. On the way home we ran through McD's and *somehow* I ended up with a small chocolate shake. Oops! Oh well, we skipped making the broccoli along with the pork chops for dinner so I think that evens out, right?!

Today I've got another couple of short work out videos queued up to "enjoy" along the first of two calls I have to dial into today.

Alright, off to get a little other work done before all that starts!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am not looking forward to my torture at the dentist. At least it is a few months away. Good luck when you get your teeth cleaned!

I doubt Worcestershire sauce goes bad. When Marty was in the guard his MRI's had the cutest little bottle of Tabasco sauce in them; I think I still have one somewhere.

Isn't that the way it always goes - upgrades and renovations cost way more than expected? We were telling my SIL this weekend how getting a new mattress cost us 25K on furniture, flooring and area rugs. One thing leads to another. Next time I get the bug my kitchen island is on my list. We had a split sink put in and neither of them are big enough to easily handle big pots and pans. The sink is mounted under the granite countertop. I want one big, deep sink but then I'd either have to replace all of the countertops in the kitchen or have the existing island countertop cut for the new sink and have the sink mounted on top. I bet they'd have to do some new plumbing too but I am only guessing at that. Maybe I should stick to new fans and light fixtures - that would probably be cheaper.

Nice to give away a rug to someone who can use it. I got 2 things out of my back bedroom recently and was pretty excited about that. Some day I will be bored enough to tackle that clean out that room project.

A chocolate shake sounds good. I almost drove through McD's tonight myself. I am craving their fries.

How did your workout videos go today? I watched one TV program during my lunch at work today but obviously I'm not doing a workout video in the cube farm. Now that would be funny!

Work went as expected today. I did talk to all my employees about the errors this weekend. I didn't yell at them as my boss thought I should I approached it as how the heck do we avoid this happening again? I updated some reports and then got called in to my boss's office right before going home that I need to lower the ratings on all of my employee's appraisal. Joy!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, sinks come in so many sizes that you may well be able to get a single bowl sink that fits in the same space as the current double bowl, and it wouldn't be very much work at all for a plumber to swap them out. You could start looking at the same brand; i.e., if you've got a Kohler look at that first for the swap. But really, the most important thing is the actual dimensions, and those are generally pretty standard across the makers. No additional plumbing should be needed either. See what that 6-1/2 years with the CB got me -- all sorts of plumbing knowledge!

So this morning I had myself a BIG ol' glass of prosecco around 10:45! And then Liam called and said his Trans Am was FINALLY ready (he had 305 swapped for a 350, and a bunch of other work too) so went over the the bank and picked him up and we did all the running around required to get the car home. Good thing I only had one glass! For lunch I decided today was going to be the day of my annual Big Mac. Actually, I say "annual" but I can't even think of the last time I had one... Could be several years by now...

Eagerly awaiting my second round of CADs. Since it's a small modification I hope it doesn't take long!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, my sinks are each different sizes and not a total rectangle. I'll get a picture for you. I am sure it would be easier to do than I think. At our last house we picked a really deep Kohler and has a small side and a large side; this one was the closest option when we were picking out things for our house. It's not bad but I liked my old sink better. You did pick up a lot of plumbing info from CB. Thanks.

Sweet that Liam's Trans Am has a larger engine now - how exciting! Yes it was good you only had one glass of prosecco first. Are you enjoying your Audi yet? My poor Curbymobile is so dirty I feel bad for it. If it's not crazy windy it's snowing though.

Funny you mentioned a Big Mac. Did you go get one? I was honestly thinking yesterday that is what I'd get with my fries. Great minds think alike even if it's thinking about food from McD's.

I hope you get your second round of CAD's soon. You could have that ring on your finger in weeks. Awesome!

What a day at work (or working at home). Spent several hours modifying and modifying again my appraisals - I was about ready to tell my boss since you are writing them anyway why don't you do this? I am sure that would have gone over well. I finally started on my normal work about noon and quickly found a few mistakes that needed fixed ASAP. Then we had an on air error that I figured my boss would flip out over but he seemed calm about it. He didn't respond to my email for 30 minutes so I am sure he talked it over first with our general manager. I totally assumed we were all going to be told we are working on sight from now on starting next week. I bet that is coming soon.

My SIL left for Denver so I am washing the bedding right now. It will be nice to have the house to ourselves again.

I lifted tonight. I am resting before I cook my supper. I need to sign up for Door Dash and then maybe I'll never cook again.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sinks from an odd angle since I’m short.
4F7065AC-8A5C-43B6-80EB-650D12267B34.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday to my mother today kids! (I'm typing that out here in the hopes I'll remember later and actually call her, LOL.)

Curby, ahhhhhhhhhh... Well. OK. Let's think this through some more because I clearly did not get it the first time. So the good news is granite can be cut in place, so when you find something that works that part is doable. That being said, it may be less expensive to have a new piece cut, assuming you can find one that matches (and I think you can jut looking at the stone here), or this could be an opportunity to go with a contrast piece if you want. But as for the sink, if you wanted to keep the stone that's there and have the opening cut I think you've got three options: (1) see if the maker produces a single one that would fit (not sure how feasible that is given the shape now that I see it), (2) see if a restaurant sink is available that might work (try some restaurant supply houses; this might also involve moving the faucet, etc. back a little so you can do a regular rectangle), (3) having one made, which is not as hard as it sounds if you've got access to a decent welding house. Too bad you're not here because good friends of the Liam have a shop that does specialty welding (they actually make certain lavatory components for airplanes) and I'm sure they could whip you up something that would work. So those are my alternative options for your kitchen, ha ha! Aren't you glad I'm just full of ideas with no real solutions!

Yesterday afternoon was pretty much a bust. After all the morning's activity I settled onto the couch for a nap, but sleep never came, and eventually I got up and just putzed around until my 5 pm department happy hour, and then a 6 pm call that I ended up being WAY more involved in than I normally would due to some technical issues. After that Liam came home with a pizza and, loaded with pepperoni and mushrooms, I read for a while before going to bed. So really not much at all interesting happened here beyond The Big Mac, LOL.

Today though, I have to be productive!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Happy Birthday to Dee Jay's Mom!

Dee Jay, thanks for the assorted ideas on my sink. I see that pattern (or very close to it) in so many houses I think I could easily find granite that matches. I tried to find a link to the Kohler sink I liked at my old house but since it's been over 8 years now my memory isn't that good. I imagine I could find some custom place in Denver. Every time I try to wash our largest skillet I curse this sink. I only picked it since it was similar to what we had and this one was deeper than their other standard choices.

Nice you got in a nap yesterday. Darn that you had to participate in a late call.

My day at work pretty much sucked. Our on air error Tuesday is the gift that keeps on giving. A big old email came out today to ask what and why it happened. My general manager answered clearly making us look far worse than we already do and he and my boss are implementing a new procedure that basically keeps me out of the loop. I guess I've been told. My boss is again crying this happens because people work at home. I pointed out the day it happened ALL of us were in the office. Tomorrow should be good times since I'm in the office.

I picked up Arby's for lunch and they had their white cheddar mac and cheese again so I picked up one for supper. Easy cooking today. I saw my Macan twin while I was out getting lunch; it's a S tho not a GTS. I was behind a 911 at Arby's so I put my car in Sports Plus so I would sound more cool

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, isn't it interesting how people are now eager to blame stuff on employees not being in the office? Kind of a side issue, but on my department happy hour call on Wednesday we talked about what we think the world will look like when all this is over, and the consensus is we think it will go back to the way it was, in our little bit of the financial industry anyway, with people in the office all the time. There's even a financial firm here in Chicago well known for their "slave driver" culture that is already back in the the office full time.

Last night after dinner Liam and I went to Costco. It is a totally different animal here than in the city; i.e., hardly anyone in there, and not really much traffic that I ever see at the gas pumps. Downtown you practically need a cattle prod to get through the aisles and the pumps have big lines. I really hope this store makes it out here...

So crazy question... what do you do with your hair at night? Mine is driving me (and Liam!) crazy when it's loose. I tried a ponytail but the scrunchie bugs me, and it's not long long enough to braid. Ugh!

OK, I think I'm going to do a short workout video before I get in the shower. And yesterday I got a couple of small things off my plate, but today I need to do two big ones -- on a Friday no less!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

This morning I was awoken by a phone call... from Liam... as he pulled out of the driveway... ??? Apparently Blue (the Australian sheperd) decided to go for a run with a fox. He must have seen it in the neighbor's yard and took off, electric collar be damned (or maybe the battery is dead...). Liam was driving around looking for him but he wanted me to come downstairs in case he came back. Eventually Blue somehow ended up in another neighbor's yard and started playing with their dogs and TR came home and got him. Well then of course I was UP.
After all that I decided to do my nails, even though I was going to put it off for another few days since I unexpectedly had some time on my hands. ( :lol: ) I used one of my new colors, which turned out to be darker than I'd expected. I keep dancing around the ever elusive perfect mauve. Too light... too dark... too pink... too something else... It's like the Goldilocks of nail polish for me! Oh well, now they are done and I'm set for another two weeks.

We just had lunch and I'm hoping to get in a nap. Who knows if that will actually happen!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I agree - everything that goes wrong is due to people working at home. I totally enjoyed pointing out both days we had errors all of us were in the office. Hence, maybe we should all work at home. Ha! I think people will eventually go back to the office as well. Our CEO doesn't believe in people working remotely but I guess with COVID he had no choice for a while.

I bet a COSTCO away from the big city is no where near as crowded as what you see in Chicago. If there are more than a few people in a checkout line here I think it's horrible.

Sorry your hair is driving you crazy at night. I was able to start getting hair cuts again in May or June (can't remember for sure when) and as luck would have it the hair cut I got before the shutdowns I had her cut it shorter than normal. The only thing that gets in my face is my bangs; during the day i just pin them with a bobby pin. At night I generally sleep on my back so they don't bug me. I would imagine sleeping with a scrunchy would get uncomfortable.

Glad to hear Blue eventually showed up; he wanted to go exploring.

I am also totally a fan of mauve nail polish and although I've got about 20 different colors there are 2 I like the best. I have the same problem, too light, too dark, too pink, too purple. That bubble pink needs to get pitched - I am not a fan but after I get it on my hand it's like oh well it will do. Instead of putting it back in my little Tupperware container I should pitch it. I also don't like glitter polish; it seems difficult to remove. Gosh, I am kind of pick there, huh?

Friday was not fun at work. Our senior management must believe horrid appraisal scores motivate people. They have mandated 10% can get exceeds expectations and 35% have to be needs improvement or develop towards improvement. Too make that 35% worse it is not based on your total number of employees it is 35% of those salaried and 35% of those hourly. Our general manager was so stinking mad about it he was asked to hang up from the meeting and calm down. He started crying when talking to me and my boss - I think he is like me that he cries when he gets mad which of course makes me more mad that I am crying. So I had to drop one of my employees to the develop towards improvement and she sure doesn't deserve it. I might have to drop another one too depending on how our general manager spreads it out over the 47 employees under him. What a bunch of CRAP.

Our weekend was uneventful. We had snow and wind. Shocking that would happen in Wyoming. I worked on my article for the local paper and started the February club newsletter. I washed all of our bedding and did the rest of our laundry. We went out for breakfast yesterday and Marty grilled some steaks on the stove. They were really, really good but I found out he basically kept basting them with butter. No wonder they were so good. We picked up our grocery order today and ordered in pizza for supper.

I rented 2 movies this weekend. Both were pretty good - they were Born a Champion and Our Friend. I like they are releasing movies straight to PPV.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, that thing about the "bottom" 35% is pure crap! When I worked at the major financial institution with initials starting with G and S we did this 360 review thing every year and the bottom quartile were put on "plan" and the bottom 10% were shown the door. (So I guess that means the bottom quartile was really the bottom 11-25%, but you know what I mean.) If was an horrific system!

Today I was kind of productive... I worked through all of the cow bag lady's stuff that I picked up yesterday and finished her off for the year, including sending an email to the accountant with all her stuff. I also had a call with the jewelry lady and figured out how to download her sales info from the two sites she uses so I should be able to finish her off without too much more trouble too. It's not going to happen tonight though, LOL.

At this point I'm including to sit back with (another) glass of prosecco and work on a book that the library is going to yank from me any day now.

Tomorrow is Monday again already; how does that happen?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I just saw a commercial that Big Macs are 2 for $6. Ooh.

It sounds like our appraisal system is designed just like you one you had at G S - they put the lowest scores on performance plans and if they don't make it they are out the door. Really poor system - a total bunch of CRAP!!!

Yay for getting the cow bag lady's finished and sent off to the accountant. Good luck finishing up the jewelry lady next. I keep thinking of rounding up my limited receipts and documents but haven't yet. Marty "claims" he is working on the gym info.

Enjoy your prosecco and book. Yes, Monday rolled around way too fast.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I thought of you and Marty on Saturday when I took all of the receipts out of The Magic Box and stuffed them in two giant manila envelopes! The good news is when I got done organizing them the whole year fit in one neat well contained rubber-banded file, so I felt a sense of accomplishment, LOL.

Last night I slept like the DEAD. I had two very vivid dreams, one where I had bought a condo on the first floor of a new construction building and the mail boxes for all the units were in the wall above my bed. The only way for the mail person to put the mail in there (and for the residents to then get it) was to stand on my bed. I was on a mission to get the mailboxes moved to a common room inside the front door of the building. No idea if I was successful because I woke up, fell back asleep, and then dreamed I was at a neighborhood up north and I had to get back downtown. I got in an uber and I realized he was driving north and west (going up a snowy mountain as a matter of fact!), rather than south and east toward the city. I was like, uh, can you show me on the GPS the path we're taking. He pulled up the screen and it was taking us god only knows where, but it said the trip was going to be 51 hours! WTF goes on in my head?!

Anyway, today I am going to do some serious work! There are three things that need to happen, and I'm going to do all of them! I am EMPLOYEE, hear me ROAR! :lol:

Oh... and I'd like to do a workout video too, LOL. :cheeky:

Alright, time to get this show on the road!

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

Does anyone of you here is doing intermittent fasting? low carbs? How was it?

I am on my 22nd day and I am doing 18:6, it is pretty challenging, sometimes I feel comfortable, sometimes it is difficult. I still eat rice and sweets. And I would like to remove it from my diet slowly. I find it hard, any tips on how to eradicate these?

Thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Aerielle!

I wish I had some good advice for you, but sadly I really don't... Sweets are a big sore spot for me, and the only thing I find that works is to get them out of the house, ha ha.

Good for you on being on day 22 though! It takes some real fortitude to change old habits and you're really doing an amazing job!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's great to get all the receipts bundled up from the magic box and ready to go. I swear that is my project this weekend.

You may have slept like the dead but sure had a couple of strange dreams. I don't know which one of them would be worse. I hate those dreams that are all jumbled between places, times and people. You wake up and got WTH??? When I was in college I took a sleep and dreams class; we did assorted things to try and manipulate our dreams and had to keep a journal of our dreams to analyze. I had some bat poop crazy dreams that semester.

Did you ROAR today? Way to face the day! Did you get to an exercise video too? We were crazy busy today and I only mumbled under my breathe a few times. Maybe I should don my mask then no one can read my lips. Ha Ha.

I think I'm heading to Denver next week - I want a chunkier ring for that new sapphire. I might have them halo my little EC ruby too. Way cheaper than getting a larger ruby - like over $3500 now to go up about 1/4 carat on the ruby. I can trade in other stones to get there but then I'd want to buy replacements for them. I like that ruby band I got so well I wear it quite a bit anyway. Did you get your revised CAD? Any news on the emerald?

Hi Aerielle. Good luck with your dietary plans. I find what works best is completely eliminating things until I can control myself with small portions of something. My husband is a strength training coach and really entourages high protein and low carbs. He eats plain rice quite a bit for carbs and fresh fruits. What works for one person may not work for another. I'm with Dee Jay, sweets are my biggest downfall.

Gosh darn the flies - my team just had another on air error. WTH? Tomorrow will be fun in the office. Oh it was a work from home error this time. Joy! Maybe I'll go test drive that Lincoln Corsair and retire. Ha Ha.

Marty sent me a text a while ago. His shoulder is really sore - worse than before so he warned me he is grumpy. Poor guy. The cortisone shot helped for several months and he was pushing himself (or pushing weights I should say) pretty hard.

Take care.
Curby #retirementlooksgood

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I actually DID ROAR yesterday! I did all the things I have been putting off, plus one more big thing I had forgotten about (but my boss didn't LOL). Now I"m in a holding pattern waiting for people to turn things around for me. But I gotta say, I was pretty damn happy with myself! Send me Marty's Magic Box of Receipts and I'll get it all organized and on a spreadsheet and send it back! Now that I'm on a roll, what's one more?!

Today I have three calls on my calendar (it was only one until about 7 pm last night... ). I may sneak in a little house cleaning along the way because the dust is about an inch thick and the dog hair has turned into it's own creature. We really need to have the cleaning people come through again. I think I'll suggest that to TR sometime soon. Maybe I'll write it in the dust on the top of the TV stand, ha ha!

OK, off to start the day's adventure!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you did kick butt yesterday. Don't you hate waiting on other people before you can get your work done? If only Marty actually had all of his receipts - he is missing several. I'm not shocked at all.

How did your calls go? I had several today myself. House cleaning does not sound fun but your dust joke reminds me of a joke a guy at work loves to tell me. The wife sets down after doing all of the supper dishes and asks her husband "what's on TV?" His reply was "Dust" and that's when the fight started. That does always make me laugh.

I did turn in my request to take next Tuesday off. It sounds like my girl friend is going to look at diamonds that day. Her ering has a really cloudy diamond in it. Her husband ordered it online but I have no idea from where. Woo hoo! Jewelry shopping.

We had cold and snow again today. I have no idea if Marty picked up his pickup today or not.

Off to veg out and watch TV.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on dust being what's on top of the TV! I hope you and your friend have a marvelous time looking for a new diamond. Did Marty get his pickup?

Well you already know how the most important part of my day went! Ilya emailed me either last night or this morning (not sure which, but I saw the message right when I woke up) so I BOLTED out of bed and into the car to go downtown. I was going to go down anyway within the next few days do take care of something for my contractor, but the message sealed the deal on timing. I am just thrilled with the emerald, although the "runner up" did give me pause, I have to confess. Mine is clean but that one is absolutely astonishing in clarity for an emerald. If you are interested at all in the 2.11 it is truly knock your socks off too. It will be a month or so until it's back from GIA, so think it over!

Lunch was a happy meal and dinner was hamburger helper. The cuisine gods are rolling over in their graves!

Liam is half asleep on the couch right now and I'm going to make myself get up to bed so I can get a few more chapters in on my latest serial killer novel. The library is going to yank it back in the next few days so I better make some progress.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, visions of emeralds are dancing in my head. I am anxious to see a ring out of that beauty someday soon. That runner up was amazingly clean for an emerald. I will let you know if I want to be tempted by that emerald. I'm intrigued now that you are calling it knock your socks off. There is nothing like the glow of a pretty emerald. I'd totally do a 3 stone on that too. I keep toying with doing that with my EC diamond ring; I hope my EC studs by it and think "ooh".

I was quiet accident prone today. I spilled water on the floor so I had to fold up the rug and rug padding so the wooden floor would be okay. The pad was dry a while ago so I put a trash bag between the pad and rug and will pull it out tomorrow night. With our low humidity it should be dry by then. I dropped my phone, broke a dish and dropped the surge protector on my work laptop on the floor. I was delighted I made it to the bank and back without incident.

I am sore from lifting. Phooey.

Marty got his pickup back. They exhaust they put on it is scratched so he'll have to return it for that when it comes in. So far it seems to work okay.

The cuisine gods are frowning on me as well. I made mini meatloaves and baked potatoes for lunch and had grapes and PB on crackers for supper.

Definitely get your serial killer book finished; that would stink to get the book pulled before your know whodoneit.

My friend has been shopping diamond rings online today. I am sure her husband is thrilled. She says she likes blingy rings and cushion cut diamonds.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I swear, if I hadn't already fallen in love with that first emerald i would have taken the runner up in a HEARTBEAT! It is a smidge lighter, but oh SO clear! How did your friend come to be replacing her diamond? I'm always interested in those conversations.... "Uh... Honey... this stone you bought me... ? We'll I think I'll swap it out!" Fortunately your accidents yesterday weren't tragic, but be careful!

Our quarterly certifications are due on the 30th and there are 36 out of 96 employees who haven't done them yet. I reached out to them last night and fortunately a bunch of them went into the system and are now done, but there are several who posed crazy questions to us. I'm like, we do these EVERY quarter folks, WTF are you talking about?! Oh well, that's why I get paid, right?

I'm going to queue up another workout video this morning. I've realized though my attentions span for this sort of thing is quite short. The other day I did a 40 min one, which was good, but about half way through I seriously thought about bailing, so today I'm going to go with a shorter one LOL.

Alright, off to shimmy into some workout tights and take a look at the goofy questions in my inbox!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, both of those emeralds are gorgeous! I am still amazed at how clean the runner up is for an emerald.

Good question about my friend and her ring. She loves her ring - sentiment wise - but she has always been unhappy about her diamond. It's not very lively at all, it's definitely cloudy and when the 4 of us get together I often leave my diamond at home because once she has a few glasses of wine she wants to try on my ring and she is gets very vocal that she wants a nicer diamond. She tells me he wishes he hadn't bought her ring online and he honestly didn't know it wasn't very nice. He has said they'll get her a better diamond sometime but of course with kids, buying a larger house and frequent trips that purchase has never happened. I think they've been married about 9 years now. My gut tells me he is going to say no to her buying something and she'll either back out on going with me or come home rather depressed. Based on my brief discussion with her today she needs a quick lesson in 4C's so that will be something to talk about on our trip to Denver. Shocking some people don't want to spend money on jewelry. A foreign concept to us for sure!

Marty was actually the one who brought up the idea of me getting a new ring and diamond - we got me an E 1/2 carat ACA and new wedding set for our 16th anniversary. Let's see that was 3 rings and 4 diamonds ago. Poor guy is probably sorry he suggested it.

Good luck getting those certification's done by the 30th. Good point - doing those things because that's why they pay you. I was just telling Marty I went back in to micromanagement mode today because my team keeps making mistakes on those last minute updates. We are really swamped and at 2/3 the staff I used to have so I get it. I haven't had to really step in and micromanage that much since I got rid of Negative Nellie.

It was warm enough to grill dead animal today. I saved half of mine for a sandwich tomorrow. I spaced out doing some laundry today, darn. More to wash on Saturday.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, oh no to a few glasses of wine bringing out the unhappy bling monster. That must be tough for her husband to have to sit through. Hopefully there's a resolution to this that will make everyone happy! As for the certifications, a bunch of people did their the other night after I sent my messages, but this morning I need to log on first thing and see who the outliers still are. I fear several of them will be the managing directors, which is always the biggest challenge.

So still no decision on my sapphire setting. Ugh. One minute I am leaning in one direction, the next I've done a 180! I just keep telling myself it is such a small part of something that's already so small that it really won't make any difference! But still I obsess... Hopefully some divine inspiration will strike today and I can get this thing moving again!

I've got two calls on my calendar this afternoon but I also need to run to the grocery store and do one other errand before that. I might take my car through the wash too because it's covered in salt right now and I don't like to let it sit like that. As you can see the excitement here ABOUNDS, as usual! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Dee Jay, Yes those times my friend has put on my ring or looked at it has made me feel uncomfortable. None of my business but it’s obvious she wants a nicer diamond.

I hope you got all the certifications done today. I see have some mandated class to take about benefits for the year. I’m on Marty’s benefits but if my employees have questions I should be able to answer questions.

That is a tough call on your setting. I think any of them will be gorgeous. I am enjoying my emerald band today. Emeralds do have an amazing glow. It is my birthstone too.

Did you get your car washed? I already asked Marty to run mine through a car wash tomorrow. It looks awful. I’d do it myself but I’d probably scrape a wheel or two. I did spill my bag of BBQ chips on the floor at work today. My klutziness continues.

Work has been busy and I’m being proactive and helping with updates. I’d rather not have to fix anything this weekend. I did email my contact with NBA and asked why they keep changing times on games. It’s not like COVID is less contagious an hour later.

It’s in the 50’s today so I plan on topping of my gas tank while it’s warm. Woo hoo!!!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, we have these "touchless" car washes where you just pull straight into a garage-like area, but it's open so you don't have to line your tires up with tracks. Then the water and soap, etc., squirt out of arms that circle the car, but there are no "rags" or anything physical that touch the car. At first I was skeptical the vehicle would actually come out clean, but because of pressure of the water that comes out of the nozzles it seems to work. Do you have those? I really like not having to align the tires onto tracks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results