carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is great the kids got to see their grandparents. I am sure it was a wonderful time for their grandparents. Too funny you spent the time in the car looking at setting ideas. Poor Liam had no one to talk to though.

LOL at seeing "type 1" cookies. Talk about a diamond mentality. I totally get that though. IMO my cookies could be certified as XXX or AGS0. Ha Ha Ha.

Darn that your polish only lasted 6 days and I agree ease of removal go hand in hand with longevity. I think it was Avon had a polish that dried instantly but it was trashed by the next day. My hands are not quite as dry right now so I plan on polishing my nails soon. I like the wider brushes too; I swear sometimes my overflow look like a kid painted my nails. I can easily pick that off though after my shower.

I hope your phone connections work well in the basement. I know we have issues in our basement. Verizon is about the only cellular service that works worth a darn in Wyoming and our neighborhood has issues with that. They wanted to put a tower about 1/4 mile from us but the neighborhood voted it down. I never set up an office for me at home since I didn't think it would last very long. I was wrong.

The family GTG to today. We have the table set and need to start getting food ready for the oven soon. Marty rearranged the man cave so everyone can set in the same area. He usually has it broke in two sections, one the poker table area and then a little TV room; he moved the chairs and love seat against the wall so it is one bit open area. Looks great!

Yesterday Marty spent his entire days installing a new door lock / key pad at his gym. Members get a fob to use that will open the door. Of course nothing fit since it's probably an circa 1960 glass door with metal frame. To top it off the template that came with it to drill holes ended up being off on the bottom section. He was there until 6 when he met his sister and I for dinner. After dinner we drove around and looked at some Christmas lights then he went back tot he gym to finish programming the rest of the key fobs.

I ran some errands yesterday including racing er I mean driving along a new bypass they built on the east side of town just because I was there and thought ooh new smooth road to try. I visited the cemetery. My folks are in the military section and every grave had the nicest Christmas wreaths from the program wreaths across America. It looked really nice. My SIL went grocery shopping at that same time so after we both got home we started watching season 1 of Yellowstone.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- an emerald and a sapphire? Awesome! I can’t wait to see what you with them. They’re both gorgeous.

Marcy-I hope your Sunday get together was fantastic!

I have forgotten what day it is! I am currently holed up in a cute beach house, avoiding all people. Matt is good with the social distancing too, but Lily feels the need to introduce herself to everybody she passes. I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas!

EABC4330-6C6B-42DB-A3F0-18B136ECC7A9.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee the beach looks lovely and completely deserted. Sweet. That is too cute Lily wants to introduce herself to everyone. She is everyone's friend.

We did have a lovely Christmas and hope you did as well. The Sunday family get together was nice. With less people, less variety of food we had less dishes which was very nice. The brisket was really good but I'm getting sick of it in leftovers already. I bought enough for 20 people but we ended up with 12 so there is a lot of brisket left.

I had yesterday off, went to the office today and will work at home tomorrow and Thursday. It was icy this morning with several new inches of snow.

Marty turned in his pickup this morning. They said 2 weeks on it. He didn't rent a car and is using his sister's pickup this week. I assume we will hear this week if the frame is bent. Crossing my fingers there.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy last hump day of 2020 kids!

Deegee, the beach looks like a ton of fun! And LOL for Lily not being big on the social distancing. Yes... a sapphire AND an emerald. #DeeHasNoSelfControl! It's funny; I don't get anything for ages and then I buy a couple (or a bunch!) of things all at once.

Curby, I haven't had brisket in ages! I'm with you though on the leftovers... we had ham, ham and more ham several meals in a row and I was GLAD to throw the very end of it out finally! Keep us posted on Marty's truck.

It started snowing yesterday afternoon and by the time Liam came home at five he was going 20 MPH and said it was a white out. I woke up to the dogs barking from outside at about 4:45 and came down to see what was going on. Liam was half way done snow blowing the driveway by then -- at 4:45!!! The neighbor directly across the street was out there too though, so I guess the whole neighborhood was awake by that point. We got about six inches total.

Today I've been on calls and working on a bunch of stuff I committed to getting done by year end. Yeah... right... I'm interested to see if my boss's usual Wednesday afternoon call comes through and/or if our department happy hour at 5 pm gets cancelled today.

I'm waiting for three things to get delivered today, including some big stand-up "tubes" with handles to organize the wrapping paper so I can start putting stuff away in the basement. The tub I'm currently using is so large that by the time I load it up with paper I can't even lift it so hopefully these will be a more manageable option.

Boy ladies, I'm really at a loss about how to set the sapphire. Part of me wants a totally simple classic design and the other part wants some sort of ornamentation to jazz up the size view a little. I've spent HOURS and HOURS this past week looking at every site I can think of and still not decision... Opinions are welcome!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, glad you are done with the ham. I still see $$ looking at the brisket but it's only been cooked since Sunday, it has to go soon though. Marty picked up Culver's for lunch.

Darn that you had about 6" of snow. Glad that Liam made it home in whiteout conditions. 4:45 am is pretty early to be out with the snow blower. Of course I was up about then myself but did manage to fall asleep right before the alarm went off.

Did happy hour get cancelled? I have been working most of the day and not too motivated to be working though. Since Marty and my SIL are on vacation all week I really don't want to work. They were both taking naps this afternoon - the brats. Of course I wouldn't take a nap but still.

Good idea to organize the wrapping paper. I have one of those Rubbermaid gift wrap containers; works great except extra long tubes don't fit and the top section for bows doesn't catch which is annoying. It's handy though.

I saw your thread for ideas on the setting for your sapphire. I tend to be more of a minimalist on the settings because I want the center stone to be the star; it kind of boils down in my mind - do I want a gorgeous ring that has a beautiful stone or do I want a gorgeous stone that is housed in a ring? Both end up with a fantastic ring but each focuses on something different. No help at all for you but that is how my mind picks settings.

Deegee I have a lovely picture of the beach in my mind.

Marty was rather cranky last night over no car and how much we will be paying for a renal and deductible so when he got up at 4 am today to eat breakfast and head to the gym I got up to talk to him. I told him I'd check my company's benefits section today for car rental discounts, see if it's too late to add car rental on our auto policy and let him know what I find. Being a small town with a tiny airport we have limited car rental places and I only get a 5% discount so phooey on that. Marty went to that place first and got hassled over some things plus they wouldn't rent a car before tomorrow so he went to the one with Ford and got a Fusion through the 15th and got a nice military discount. He said it sounds like it is powered by a singer sewing machine engine. He probably can't get a speeding ticket with that car. He seems in a better mood now that he has his own wheels again.

Marty took his sister's truck to the gym bright and early then I ran her over to the gym at about 9. Marty tortured her by having her lift then they went to the car rental dealers.

I had a busy day working from home. I think I'll take down my Snoopy village here shortly and all of my Snoopy lights. That way I can crank on the fireplace when I am cold. I am sure things on the mantle are fine but my plastic trees by the fire probably not so much. Or I might watch a movie. It has Liam Neeson in it. Ha Ha.

Take care.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new years eve kids!

Curby, I go through the same debate when thinking about setting a stone -- is it about the *ring* or the *rock*! In this case though I think it has to be about the rock because at 11+ mm square there's not a lot of room for ring without it going into mother ship territory. I'm trying to come up with something simple(ish) but with a little bit of a twist. Liam and I ran to the store before and we were behind a Mazda at a red light so now I'm inspired by the logo, ha ha!

My feet were cold yesterday so I unpacked and plugged in this foot massager thing with heat that my mother sent me. It work great for a while... but then I swear I started to smell that electrical fire smell -- you know what I mean; like when a lamp from the 70s with a frayed cord is about to start smoking! So I turned it off. I'll probably try it again at some point in the future, but not for a while!

No real festive excitement to report here sadly. The ferals are here now, and will be for the next few days. I think I'm going to go to my house tomorrow and work on a project... I've got a vision for putting self adhesive wallpaper (textured like seagrass) on the closet doors. The materials have been sitting there for months so there's no real point in not doing it. I remember last year being "off" for 16 days and thinking, "Oh, I'm going to do This and That and The Other Thing" and then NOTHING got done at all! Beyond that I think that's really left to do is some replacement lighting. And then I'll probably sell the place and start over, LOL.

We've got a family sized pan of Stouffer's lasagna in the oven right now. Only the finest of haute cusine for this crew! After that the prosecco drinking will move into high(er) gear. I can pretty much assure you I will NOT be awake come 2021!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy New Year!!!

Dee Jay, I had to look up the Mazda logo; that would make a cool basket. Your sapphire is huge and gorgeous so I get making your ring about the rock. No matter what you choose it will be a stunning ring.

That does sound scary your foot massager got that hot electrical smell. That would make me turn it off as well. Definitely not a good smell in the house.

Good idea to go work on the closet doors at your house tomorrow and I can't say I am surprised you will probably sell it soon and begin anew.

How was the lasagna? And the prosecco?

We picked up takeout from Olive Garden for supper. I had chicken parm and already had to make an Alka Seltzer. I'd best not eat chicken for a while. Phooey. We had cookies and mini cheesecakes as well. I have some Austi chilling. We've been watching movies tonight.

Work seemed to last forever today. Marty and his sister hung out downstairs while I worked. About 3:30 I started taking down the Snoopy village on the mantle and small decorations around the living room. Tomorrow the tree comes down and hopefully the snow melts enough Marty can take down the outside decorations this weekend.

We got a honey baked ham delivered today from my aunt so that will be lunch tomorrow. I'll put out the last of the Christmas cookies and dinner rolls. January 2nd will be back to reality.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I have to confess the lasagna wasn't exactly a hit, especially with the children. I had never had Stouffer's in this big format before (although I'm down with the little microwave meals!) and the noodles were really thick and dense. I of course ate it like a champ because I was the one yammering for lasagna, but that's not a meal to be repeated LOL.

I got all of the xmas wapping stuff put away in the basement -- what a pain in the a$$ that was! TR did a big cleaning up in the main room of the basement too, where the TV is and he enlisted the help of the ferals. It really looks a lot nicer down there, but I will be surprised if the room is used once the novelty of the new cleanness wears off. I mean, in the 3 years I've been with him I can count on one hand the number of times the kids have gone down there. Oh well, at least it's cleaned up now -- right?

Yesterday I came downtown to start the closet door project. My initial thought was that I could do it while the doors were up. Oh silly silly Dee! I mean, I *could* have, but it would have been so much harder, so TR came down last night I took the doors off. In the course of removing one of the big doors on the coat closet a plastic thingy that the pin goes into at the top got broken. Great. So I'm hoping the maintenance men will have access to another one. Otherwise I'm not sure what McGyver-ing will need to be done on that. If I get the whole way done with putting the paper on these damn doors and then I have to replace them due to a broken thingy that is no longer available I am going to be MAD. SO for now I'm just going with the assumption that piece will be available and crossing my fingers that's actually the case!

OK, off to shower and start today's portion of the project. Wish me luck!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay darn that the lasagna wasn't very good. I know people that really like the big pan Stouffers lasagna but maybe they never make ti from scratch. Now I want lasagna. I think I have some noodles too.

Sounds like the cleaned up basement might be ideal for an office for you if no one hardly goes down there. Hopefully your phone works okay down there. Marty's man cave has comfy Flex Steel leather recliners but it's too chilly down there for me to watch TV or work. Phooey.

Crap on having a thingy break off the door; I hope the maintenance man has one for you. It's always those stupid little pieces that are a PITA to find. I hope your project went well.

I slept in a bit enjoying my last day before returning to the rat race. I lifted this morning and we went out for lunch. Marty's sister took off for Denver already; she has to go in to the office this week Monday and Friday. She rented an AirBNB for tonight. I think that is what she plans on renting for the 8 months she'll be working but so far I think she is enjoying staying here with us.

We are having a high wind day; and it actually knocked me over walking in to the restaurant. Right on but. Guess I need rocks in my pocket. I have a sore but and arm on the right side and my back and neck are a bit stiff but nothing serious. Marty and my SIL were sorry they didn't have a video of it. The wind was coming at me sideways and was knocking me around and then a gust knocked me off my feet. I said they got dinner and a show.

I finished my latest Connelly book. It wasn't my favorite of them.

Take care
Curby #watchoutforwindgusts

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just painted my nails and used my computer glasses. It’s amazing how much easier it is to polish only your nails when you can see what you are doing. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I confess I have bought my very first pair of readers (mostly because they make me look smart!) but they *do* help with the ol' nail polish application, LOL.

And to give you an update on my DIY project... OY. I have definitely LEARNED through this process. I may very well end up redoing the first bifold door at some point in time. <-- Note the nebulousness of both certainty and time. :lol:

I'm debating whether I have it in me to cut the pieces for the last closet (4 big panels) into 16" strips, which I've discovered makes them manageable, because trying to wrestle a 7' long piece of self adhesive wallpaper was proven -- on the very first panel -- to be juts plain stupid. If I do this tonight that's one less thing I have to do tomorrow...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- You’ve made us all want lasagna! There is a restaurant in Clarksburg WV that packages their lasagna for sale at Kroger. I have one in the freezer. Might be dinner tonight. Did you decide on how to set your gorgeous new stones? You know I can provide zero input there.

Marcy-the wind actually knocked you off your feet? Wow! Impressive wind. I can tell my eyes have changed again because I’m having trouble seeing, even with multi-focal contacts and computer/readers over top of those. My no contacts glasses are no help either. I have an appointment this month. I had worked up to only going to the eye dr every 3 months instead of every month, but with Covid it has been 6 months.

I’m logged in for work today. I liked last week at the beach better! I did lots of laundry yesterday and got the rest of the inside Christmas crap put away. I got the big outside decorations into the garage to dry out yesterday, but the lights will have to wait. It’s still raining/snowing/sleeting. Winter is awesome. This is going to be the year I tackle some home improvement projects. I say it every year, but this is going to be the year! The biggies are- tile backsplash and paint the kitchen, new front door, new flooring that isn’t carpet for the bedroom that has become the cat room, AND... getting pictures for the walls, and getting them hung up too. Should be doable, right? We came home to no heat downstairs. Matt thinks the blower motor has quit working on the downstairs unit. Of course, my office and our bedroom are both on the first floor! I took an extra hot shower this morning and I’m taking my lunch break by the fire. Again, I liked last week better.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

@Dee Jay, it’s amazing what a pair of glasses can do. I didn’t have a single drop of nail polish to pick off my cuticles this morning. Sweet!!! When I was wearing contacts I reached a point where I needed readers anyway which is one of the reasons I switched to glasses. I bought a 4 pack of readers at Sam’s Club (one for my purse, one for school, one for the kitchen and one for work) and the plastic stunk so bad they made my face stink after wearing them. I let them air out for a few weeks and they still stunk so I threw they out - that $20 for all of them was a case of too good to be true.

Darn you “may” end up redoing the first door. I have heard doing wallpaper isi a major pain; glad to hear the smaller pieces work better. As for maybe doing something - that’s like my back bedroom closet. I was delighted the other day “rediscovering” my big Tupperware bowl I couldn’t believe I gave away or threw out. Who knows what other treasures lurk in there on that “sometime” I’ll clean it out.

Deegee I’ve been thinking of lasagna now myself. I might look in to that this week. With my SIL here at least there would be 3 of us eating it. Did you bake your frozen lasagna tonight?

Yes, the wind knocked me down, over or off my feet - whatever happened I felt a big gust hit me and down I went. I still have a sore spot where I hit; at least it is the most padded part of my body.

I hate to hear you are having trouble seeing right now; I hope the eye doctor fixes you right up. I have definitely noticed my vision is different between pollen season and non pollen season. Good luck!

I can totally see why the beach was better than working. Best wishes for completing all of your plans for this year. I’d be happy to tackle that back bedroom but it sounds like too much work and I can always find something better to do. Ha Ha.

Phooey for no heat; did you call someone to fix it? We always have the furnace go out on weekends. Just our luck. Yay for getting decorations down and we are in the same boat about lights on the house outside.

That alarm at 6am was quite annoying. I was rather busy at work though so the day zipped by. I filled out the on call schedule for my team for the year, worked on my self appraisal - what a work of fiction that is; but I have no intention of listing anything I did wrong or should work on - why give my boss any ideas? Next I’ll have to write appraisals for my 4 employees. I told my boss today one of them should be put on a performance plan but I’m not doing it - with 2 less employees if they left him go we are screwed.

My poor hands are so dried and cracked it looks like I tried to cut up a bunch of raw veggies and kept missing. Too many dishes lately with all my baking.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I like these glasses so much -- they are super cute (if such a thing can be said!) -- that I'm tempted to go hunt down a bunch more pairs because the store at the local mall only had one in the lowest strength and they don't have them on-line.

And now, my report on the doors... I cut up all the pieces I needed for the big entryway door (4 panels plus all the trim) on Sunday night. Yesterday morning I ran to get coffee and stopped at the maintenance office on the way. The building engineer came up a little while later with the piece he assumed I was talking about. And.... yeah.... no. Not only doesn't he have parts for this type of door, he said that they used these for floors 2-10 and then switched to something else for the additional 41 floors because the developer decided these were crap. Too heavy and the parts would break even in the installation, so maybe I should be glad mine lasted almost 20 years, LOL. Bottom line: I'm getting all new doors. He put me in touch with a guy who has replaced a bunch of them in the building already. Hopefully he'll reach out relatively soon and I can get this DONE. I am super bummed though that I spent all that time (not to mention $250 in removable wallpaper) and this is going to be the result. Ugh. Oh well, I guess if that's the worst thing that happens to me I'm doing ok!

I headed back out to Liam's around 4:30 to avoid the traffic and it was a quick(ish) drive. We had burgers for dinner and I did not much of anything, but I need to kick work into high gear today.

On the way to Liam's I stopped at Ulta to get some new gel polish colors. I swear the racks were 95% empty and I didn't want anything they did have. I asked a lady if they were having trouble getting stuff due to covid. She said no, they just didn't have a big demand for the gel. Well... ok... but then you might want to reduce the size of the space you're allocating to it since the racks are empty and use that area for something else that you can actually sell. I mean, obviously I'm a retail guru that should be giving a beauty supply store advice on their merchandising, right?!

My sapphire is sitting with Ilya awaiting a design idea... if only I could some up with something! Maybe today will be the day inspiration strikes...!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is great you like your glasses. Good idea to pick up some more. I really like Oakley frames but want blue; sadly they didn't have any styles I liked in blue this summer. I picked a pair of Ray Ban I like okay but they are not as comfortable as Oakley. I will go back to Oakley this year.

Darn the luck on the door but hey you are getting new ones. Phooey about that money and effort though on wallpaper.

Glad you had a quick trip back to Liams and had a quiet evening. My SIL called me about 4:15 and wanted to know what was for supper. She picked up Arby's for us. We had a nasty snow storm blow in about 4 today. It's like January iin Wyoming of something. Weird.

Darn Ulta didn't have much selection in gel polish; yes it is kind of silly to have a big display and not utilize it. Obviously they could learn from your consumer side experience. A new field for you to explore. You know - in your spare time. My polish is holding but will need replaced tomorrow already.

Did you figure out a design for your sapphire? Do you know when the emerald will come in? Inquiring mind want to know.

I was in the office today - cold and working on appraisals. Go figure on mine too; I reviewed it this morning, updated a few things and it was back to a bare form this afternoon. WTH? I don't think there is a delete button in there. I did one employee's today too so I saved it as a PDF right away. I'll see if either or both finished PDF is there tomorrow. Grr.

I am working from home the next 2 days. I have a grocery pick up at 11 tomorrow and yes I ordered the stuff to make lasagna. Mmm.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I called the local store and they said they'd just gotten a new shipment of glasses last week so I ran over there... and they are all different than what I originally bought. The lady was like, oh, in accessories like this we never get the same thing twice. Damn. So I think I really am going to have to make a trip to two other stores that are farther away, but bigger, over the weekend. And I broke down and ordered three colors of nail polish off the Ulta site. Who knows what will actually show up, but I'm hoping I like them!

Yesterday my computer went Blue Screen of Death around 4 o'clock. I actually have another laptop from when this happened before, but IT never set it up. They are busy right now until afternoon so I who knows if this will even get done today. Ugh.

Oh well, looks like it's time to do some laundry and clean up the kitchen since I'm not going to get any actual work done!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! This day seems to go on forever. I can barely hold my eyes open any longer, and it’s not even 6pm. It’s been cold and rainy all day and it’s so dark. I’m ready for spring and sunshine! I have done really well with food this week and I feel like I should be down 10 pounds. What? It’s only Wednesday and I just started being good 2 days ago? Hmm... Tonight is Matt’s youth group night so I’m on my own for dinner. I have been craving a good salad, so that’s what I’m having. My boss had a virtual ringing in the new year gathering for us today. We always go out to lunch for Christmas and she gets us all gifts and we play one of those games where you can steal somebody else’s gift or choose from those not taken. Since we didn’t get to do that in person, we did it virtually today. It actually worked pretty well...stealing and all. So I have 3 philosophy body creams in vanilla fig scent and a Vera Bradley mask sitting on my desk for next time I swing by the office. Other than that, my excitement has been a new pair of Maui Jim sunglasses delivered yesterday. Somebody sat on my old pair and broke them in half, and my last trip to the beach I destroyed the prescription sunglasses. One lens is fine, and the other looks like it was used as a cat scratching post. No clue what I did.

dee*jay-get crackin on those rings! I live through you, you know. That stinks about the closet doors. Matt has had to replace hinges on almost all of our cabinet doors. Some plastic piece snaps in half, and the door just kind of hangs open. Lily nudged the door open all the way for one he hasn’t fixed, and pulled out a can of rotel tomatoes. She was gleefully chewing up the can on the rug...big mess.

marcy-your homemade lasagna will be loads better than dee*jay’s Stouffer’s and my Minard’s frozen versions. I have never attempted to make lasagna. Do you have a good recipe? We ended up having potato soup and blt’s instead. A cold, rainy day is perfect for soup. Have fun with those appraisals, especially your own! Too bad it didn’t save after you updated it. You’ll have to think of all those good things to say about yourself all over again!

I’m going to eat my salad and read a little. I swear, I’m not going to make it to 10pm. Sheesh, I’m old. Or maybe I didn’t fully sleep off the sleeping pill I took along with a dose of NyQuil and glass of wine last night. That sounds bad when I say it out loud. Have a good evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good luck finding those glasses. Isn't that always the luck? Oh no to getting the blue screen of death. I was hoping my computer would die a slow, painful death today but no such luck. Did you get laundry done? I need to do some tomorrow.

Deegee, darn that you are so sleepy tonight. Marty feels your pain; he is almost a Zombie for total lack of sleep. I woke up about 4 and didn't really go back to sleep. Phooey. The virtual gift swap sounds fun. Yay for getting new sunglasses. Oh no for Lily chewing up a can of tomatoes on the floor; I bet that was a mess. I generally follow the lasagna recipe on the back of the box. I use low fat cottage cheese though because I think ricotta is gritty. Soup and BLT's do sound delicious on a chilly night. And yes a sleeping pill, NyQuil and wine does sound like it would seriously knock you out. I have take DayQuil before and I swear that stuff drips my IQ 30 points.

The lasagna is made and in the fridge to bake tomorrow. Our Door Dash supper showed up mid-layering and I forgot to put sauce on one layer, Oops. I doubt anyone will notice. Tomorrow will tell. I got a loaf of French bread for garlic bread too. I am hungry already.

I had a hectic day with work, many weird little issues cropped up. I did manage a 2 for 1 deal and ticked off both my boss and his boss. Good big or go home.

I picked up groceries during lunch and got my lifting done after work. The excitement-o-meter is not showing much activity.

Laters,
Curby / Marcy

Charles Ryan

Rough_Rock
Healthy living to most people means both physical and mental health are in balance or functioning well together in a person. In many instances, physical and mental health are closely linked, so that a change (good or bad) in one directly affects the other. Consequently, some of the tips will include suggestions for emotional and mental "healthy living."

All humans have to eat food for the growth and maintenance of a healthy body, but we humans have different nutrition requirements as infants, children (kids), teenagers, young adults, adults, and seniors. For example, infants may require feeding every 4 hours until they gradually age and begin to take in more solid foods. Eventually, they develop into the more normal pattern of eating three times per day as young kids. However, as most parents know, kids, teenagers, and young adults often snack between meals. Snacking is often not limited to these age groups because adults and seniors often do the same.

Physical activity and exercise is a major contributor to a healthy lifestyle; people are made to use their bodies, and disuse leads to unhealthy living. Unhealthy living may manifest itself in obesity, weakness, lack of endurance, and overall poor health that may foster disease development.

Healthy living involves more than physical health, it also includes emotional or mental health. The following are some ways people can support their mental health and well-being.
  • Get enough sleep daily.
  • Take a walk and reflect on what you see and hear at least several times per week.
  • Try to focus on a process intensely and complete a segment of it over 1 to several hours.
  • Plan to spend some time talking with other people about different subjects.
  • Have fun (go on a trip with someone you love, go shopping, go fishing; do not let vacation time slip away).
  • Have a network of friends; those with strong social support systems lead healthier lives.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Deegee, I am still super annoyed about the doors, but what can I do? I just wish the damn contractor would call me back so I can get this little replacement under way!

Curby, the IT guy got my new computer up and running 90% today. The 10% though is the documents on my own drive and without those I am pretty hampered. Ugh.

So I got two of four things done today that I wanted to focus on. I *hope* to get the other two done early tomorrow because I have a call with my boss at 10:30. Then I need to go to the grocery store because we are pretty low on "good stuff" and the ferals will arrive tomorrow evening.

Not much else to report right now... I should go read a book that the library is going to yank back tomorrow and I donn't want to have to check it out again just to find out who killed her, ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you get the doors replaced soon. Did they send you a new computer or did you have to go in and get it? I hope they get your documents recovered for you and the computer is up and running. But hey it's a good excuse to say i can't do that. Ha Ha.

Did you get two of your four tasks done today? I got quite a bit done today. The lasagna was delicious. I sliced the French bread for the garlic toast and had my SIL chop up the garlic. No fingers were mutilated in that process. Yay! I did a batch of laundry and baked some cookies. Plus worked. Yes, you'd best pick up some good stuff for the ferals.

Good idea to finish the book so you know whodoneiit.

I had a piece of toast and cookies for supper; I ate too much lasagna for lunch.

I'm yawning and it's only 7:16. My SIL went to Denver for the night since she is in the office tomorrow. I sent her pictures of the cookies since she was looking in our freezers just to see if she could find some more cookies. Now she can find some in there when she gets back.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, the contractor texted me at 12:30 and said he had a little time this afternoon so I zipped downtown and met him to look at the doors, and also a few light fixtures I would like to replace. He certainly knew the building, and had actually done some work for the previous owner of my unit, so I'm hopeful he'll get me a (reasonable) quote quickly and I can get this over with!

The ferals are here for the weekend and they were pretty loud and wild tonight. It annoyed the sh!t out of me, but they eventually settled down and are finally in their rooms doing (I assume) video game type stuff. I am in the family room enjoying a third glass of prosecco, LOL.

My nails are super long right now but I am hoping the polish I ordered earlier this week will come tomorrow so I can use one of those when I redo them this weekend. UPS tracking says arrival on Tuesday, but the updates say the stuff is actually at the UPS facility here in town so fingers crossed.

Tomorrow TR is taking the ferals to a friends' for dinner. I had already started making plans to go see another friend of mine so I'm going to do that instead. We'll order Italian take-out and do xmas presents (birthday too since his birthday is Dec. 26). There's also a trip to the grocery store in my future...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is great the contractor knew your condo well; I hope you get the doors and lights changed out and at a reasonable price.

Good deal the ferals finally settled down; my nephews at that age were very loud and annoying. That is why there is alcohol.

Did you get your new polish? I need to trim and file my nails today; they are getting "wild". I took my polish off on Thursday so it's time for a redo.

I hope you had a lovely time catching up with your friend. Sounds like a good time.

We had a quiet weekend. I finished watching all 30 episodes of Yellowstone. I still hated the ending / cliff hanger episode. We had about 2 inches of snow over night and in to most of Saturday. I have to admit I kept starring at the snow; it generally was gently falling straight down. What an odd sight. Usually it is blowing every direction around here. I lifted this morning, did laundry and baked a roast and potatoes for lunch. My SIL took off for Denver through Thursday. She did slip up and let me know how we can get rid of her if we get sick of her being here - fight and picker like her parents or quit being funny. I told her good to know.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy super lazy completely non-productive Sunday kids!

Curby, polish didn't come yet, but I broke down and did my nails anyway with an old color. I couldn't take it any more, LOL. Good to know you have a plan to get your SIL out if needed, ha ha. I keep forgetting to ask, what is going on with poor Marty's truck? I ordered two light fixtures for the bathroom that are now ready at Home Depot. I'll probably go do curbside pickup tomorrow if I can't convince Liam to swing by there on his way home from work.

Yesterday I had dinner with my friend at his place. We ate Way. Too. Much. I also ran buy the store that carries the reading glasses I like and found two more pair... and a scarf... and a long sweater vest... and a leopard print hair scrunchie thing... Clearly I need adult supervision when I am shopping!

Today has been a whole bunch of not much. Liam actually did several loads of laundry this morning and made both lunch and dinner. I've snacked my way through the whole day, finished a book that had a weird twist ending, and took a nice nap on the new sectional. The kids' mother is on her way to get them, so tonight should be peaceful starting within the hour!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that's great you did your nails; mine didn't get done. I need to trim them first which I never got to yesterday. Marty's truck won't be ready until probably the 26th. That means they would have it for 4 weeks (or as Marty refers to it he has to pay to rent a car for a month). I sure hope it turns out like new; they did a great job on the F250 when it got beat up by hail but this is a lot more involved than surface damage.

Nice you found some light fixtures at Home Depot. I want new lights but never see something we both like. Woo hoo for finding 2 more pairs of the glasses you like plus some assorted other things. You may need adult supervisor all right. My shopping has significantly dropped since I am afraid to lock myself out of our pay pal account again. Which I am sure Marty finds hysterical.

Glad you had a lazy Sunday. I hope the twist ending to your book was a good one. I need to start a new series of books.

I had another busy day at work. I did get all my appraisals done and have a few more days to proof and revise them. NHL starts Wednesday so we will be getting busier. My team is obviously struggling to keep up but only minor issues but I am "bugging" them about sure they get their reports ran to find discrepancies.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Work has been busy but at least I'm working from home tomorrow and Thursday. The Friday I'm taking off because (you guessed it) I have accrued too many hours again.

Not much new with me but I did enjoy my new sapphire ring again today.

Speaking of sapphires, Dee Jay did you figure out a setting yet?

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick check-in kids!

Curby, I have an email all ready to go to Ilya so hopefully with that info he can move on to the CAD. And my mail polish finally showed up... but boy, the colors are different than what I had envisioned from the site. One of them is BRIGHT PINK!

Work these past two days has been hard and long, and the rest of the week will be the same. Ugh. Will circle back in when I can...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I am looking forward to your CAD. Darn that your nail polish isn’t quite the color you expected. I have a bright pink one too. It is not one I intentionally use but once it’s on my nails I’m like oh yeah that one. It works for a few days. Of course my polish doesn’t last more than a few days before I need to paint them again.

It sounds like your job is as busy and hectic as mine right now. Keeps us employed anyway.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another quickie!

Got up early today and am still working. Ack. Made it to the bottom of one big project, stirred another up to the the potential point of no return LOL. Tomorrow I've got calls starting at 8. 8 AM. As in, In The Morning. WTF.

Off to bed so I can read for a little while and unwind with a serial killer before I fall asleep.

:lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay we shouldn't have to work so much and be this busy. I still plan on winning the lottery and buying myself a private island.

Ugh to calls starting at 8 am. Marty works with people in Europe sometimes and has horrible hours on some conference calls.

Our hurricane force winds continue. I need to venture over to the gym in about an hour. I'm nervous it will knock me over again. A friend of mine is bringing cupcakes by the gym for her dad's birthday. It's a surprise.

Take care.
Curby #stopthewind

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results