carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!

Deegee, it is hard to go back to work after a nice vacation. I hope you are feeling better. That is too bad you had to work 5 hours on your sick day. You should get 2 days extra for that! Tell them I said so; I'm sure they will listen to me. NOT.

Nice you ate healthy last week. Good idea to cut back on sugar. I sure eat / snack more when I'm in the office so I am trying to watch it. Today I told myself if i snacked I couldn't have 2 cookies tonight. It kept me honest.

I am with you on staying up late is preferable to getting up early. When I used to have to get up at 3 or 4 am to get Marty to the airport in Denver I always gave him a hard time - like there isn't even air out at that time of day. With little traffic though I usually got home in about 80 minutes after dropping him off (and using thee restroom there) so that wasn't too bad. It made for long days though.

It doesn't seem like your car is 2 years old already. I know you've said you really like it. This is the first car I've let go out of warranty in about 10 years. Kind of makes me nervous. I am tired of driving the 100 miles round trip for service too. Locally we have Ford, Lincoln, Toyota, Chevy, Buick, Kia and Hyunda. Maybe Mazda. At least if I buy Mercedes they will come pick it up from Colorado.

That's a tough call on dying / highlighting you hair. I really like highlights in hair. i did at home stuff for years - the old frost and tip kit, Summer Blonde for years. Then I started drying my Summer Blonde hair in the sun and it turned my hair Ronald McDonald orange. They had to bleach it to cover the orange and after that all grew out I haven't put anything on my hair again. And I still haven't started drying my hair out in the sun again. First I need something on my deck to set on.

I had a busy day at work. Had to add all the World Series games for the week. Then about a dozen locals had one of last week's town halls listed tonight and then shifted the following programs by about 2 hours. It took me 2 plus hours to make all the updates. I worked through my lunch to get it pushed out as soon as possible.

I checked on my vacation hours to see if I need to take a day off this pay period and was not pleased to see my current balance was listed as 0. Luckily the drop down menu posts hours per pay period so I was able to take a snip of that and emailed it off to HR. I told my boss I worked through lunch and now all my PTO is gone so I'm out of here. Of course that was 5 minutes before I usually go home.

Hopefully Marty gets our sprinklers blown out tomorrow. Starting Wednesday night we are having lows in the teens and twenties for the 10 day forecast. Oh oh!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I finished and sent off my November astronomy article for the paper tonight. Work has been crazy or non-existent this week. My senior manager and I are taking care of last minute updates for that day. I swear it was amateur hour today for me. We had just sat down to eat lunch and I got a text this needs done NOW. Usually when I do that much editing I work at the desk and use my mouse instead of the touch pad - first my mouse needs a battery so I skipped it. Then I forwarded the schedule to my iPad to print and it was too tiny to see. Couldn’t find my computer glasses, then edited the wrong channel, then did something at the wrong time. And since I was using the touch pad I kept closing myself out of my application. It was all good though - I took a deep breathe and started over. I must need retraining or maybe shouldn’t get fluster and rush.

Speaking of amateur hour - Marty downloaded an app that assigns and stores passwords. He wants both of our logins in there. Both of us keep getting "this password may have been comprised". So I install it on all my devices last night and added the option to use it in browser which wiped out all of my saved logons and passwords. Oops. Then I tried to log on to Paypal in both Firefox and Safari using the app and promptly locked the account for suspicious activity. I am glad Marty is a patient man because I am sure he wanted to kill me. He'd spent over 2 hours on the phone with our domain provider because our emails haven't received any emails since Friday. He couldn't log in and when he tried to reset his password he never received any notices. When he called in they would say they sent a password reset to the email and phone on record - sadly the email is old and our home phone doesn't do text. They didn't want to reset anything without the confirmations he couldn't send in.

I did run my car to a tire service center yesterday. All tires did read a bit low so I had him top them off to the high range for them then drove around for about 20 minutes to get the sensor readings going. They showed up lower than what he put in them but haven’t tried it since. If the car is squawking still tomorrow I’ll make an appointment. While I was warming up my tires and did spot and pick up a donut and 3 donut holes. Ha!!

We saw snow flakes today and it is cold. It says it feels like -3 now. Sunday night our low is 1. We could get snow this weekend. Winter has returned.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-people have no idea what goes on behind the scenes to get things done. People will ask “can’t you just do this?” Well yes I can, but it won’t be quick. One of my duties is to create and revise forms and publications for our system and I have to use Acrobat, which is finicky. I told my boss if she adds one more sentence or rewords anything at all, something else has got to go! Sorry you had such a goof-filled day the other day. I hate days like that, and when one thing goes wrong...it’s like an avalanche of goofs.

Wow! Your summer blonde hair sounds like a nightmare! I don’t blame you for not putting anything else on. I ended up not doing anything fancy this time but made an appointment to get some silver/grey highlights to blend in my grey roots. It will take a few appointments to get the right look and there’s a good chance I’ll chicken out beforehand.

I hope they got your PTO fixed. I have 11 days I need to use by the end of the year. We’re planning to go to the beach the week after Christmas. We did that last year and it really helped me get through the holidays. We may go for a week in November too because beach houses as cheap at that time and a change of scenery is always nice.

And boo to winter being back! That’s awfully darn cold!! It’s in the 50’s and rainy here. I don’t love rain but I’ll take it to snow any day.

Today was an action packed day. We voted, ate out and went grocery shopping. The excitement is almost too much! I decided to put on a nice shirt & jeans and wore rings and earrings. I’m feeling all fancy pants! At a meeting last week our director said there were no plans to bring the rest of us back this year and they’d reassess after the first of the year. They have obtained laptops for a good portion of the staff who didn’t have them and are going to start rotating people in and out for in office and remote working. This is all still so unbelievable! As I was leaving with my box and laptop in March, I told the director it felt like I was never coming back. He laughed and said we’d all be back in a few weeks. Crazy! I guess now is the time for me to play around with hair color, huh? Too bad I didn’t do it back when salons reopened in May. Oh well... have a great weekend! Stay warm!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Deegee you are so right we never know what goes on behind the scenes to get something accomplished. I would guess nothing is as easy or smooth as it seems. I haven't used Acrobat much but did find it finicky. Sorry you have to fiddle with it for small changes. Ugh.

Your silver/gray highlights sound like they'd look great! The nice thing about hair you can always change it and it will grow.

That would be rough going to beach for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think I could handle it. Ha Ha. What a great idea and plus it sounds like the price is great that time of year too. Yes, they did correct my vacation time but didn't say what happened. I think I'll start doing a screen shot once a week.

Sadly winter came back with a vengeance today. Right now it feels like -10 and I guessing we've had about 10 inches of snow; not sure since it drifted pretty bad. Phooey.

Nice to get dressed up including bling this weekend. Sounds like you made the rounds and have a great time.

That is amazing you won't be back in the office this year. Crazy surreal times for sure. I know my company had to scramble around to get laptops for people to work at home. My team of then 5 had a rotating laptop for whoever was on call. I already had one so i was good.

We too ran around yesterday. We started with breakfast out then I donned a mask and picked up some groceries. Marty had a doctor appointment at about 2:30 and after he was done with that we went out for early supper. While we were eating Marty suggested I text some friends of ours to see if they wanted to meet us for a drink. Wee met them, played some cards then ended up back at our house for dessert. By the time they left the snow had started.

This morning I did my lifting and made homemade beef noodle soup. We had soup and cornbread for lunch; I am still full. I did get the laundry done and finished a book today as well.

Have a great week!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We ended up with 14" of that 4 letter cold while stuff. I am working from home today and tomorrow. Ha! Marty ventured to the gym this afternoon; his morning clients all cancelled.

I brewed up cookies during my lunch; I wanted to give some to our cleaning lady tomorrow. Her mom recently passed away and she mentioned she wanted to try my chocolate chip cookies sometime.

We had leftover soup for lunch and I am trying to bake a burger in the oven for supper. I am being lazy on dishes.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I had to keep rereading your last post. 14”??? I kept thinking maybe I missed a decimal in there. Sheesh! Do you get used to that kind of weather? I sure whine and complain when snow hits here. One of the contractors on our project a few years ago lived in Boston. He said the difference between a heavy snow in Boston and WV is that they clear all the roads in Boston. Here you’re lucky to get the interstate and main roads clear. Roads in town and everywhere else, forget it. Sidewalks-nope. I’m glad you could work from home! If I ever get back to the office, I hope they let me work remotely on bad weather days.

That’ was nice of you to make cookies for your cleaning lady. Sad that she lost her mom. Matt and I made homemade chocolate chip cookies once during lockdown. We were so proud of ourselves...first (and only) time we’ve ever made homemade chocolate chip cookies during our almost 26 years of marriage! And they tasted like they were supposed to. Success!

I’m glad they got your PTO fixed. Good idea to take screenshots every so often. I put in my vacation request for the week of Nov 9 and also Christmas Eve through the end of the year, and I still have a few days I need to take. I am determined not to lose days.

We have done well food-wise this week, and have made it to the park for a few good walks on the trail. It’s supposed to start raining around midnight and rain for a few days. Our county is now green on the Covid map. Apparently there were 500 recoveries that were still being reported as active cases. Once they closed those out, our numbers got much better. This means trick or treat on Saturday! I wonder if we’ll have many kids. Normally we sit outside because even kids won’t walk up the hill if they don’t see us outside. Sometimes we can tell the kids who see us are trying to decide if the walk up the hill is worth it. Haha! Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deegee. Sadly our snow depth was revised to 15" and I believe it. it started to melt today. We have the same plow service here as you do - main roads and that is about it. Side streets in our neighborhood are a disaster and the street I go down to a main road is downhill and was solid ice this morning. I don't get used to it but what can I do? I hope you can work from home on bad, snowy days.

I did chuckle that you and Matt make your first batch of chocolate chip cookies. I've been baking cookies since grade school days. I had 2 out of the freezer tonight.

Nice that you are taking off from Christmas Eve to the end of the year. Marty usually does that too. With my smaller team I don't know if I'll get time off or not. One employee took off the week of Christmas and another one took off the week after Christmas. NBA may start up by then so we'd have work to do. i might take off the week before Christmas to get ready for the family Christmas party but then again it's on the 27th. Hum, that won't help me much.

That is awesome your COVID cases have dropped. That is great! Too cute you have to set outside to hand out trick or treat candy. Our neighborhood gets lots of drive by trick or treaters so we run out of candy fast.

Our state and county has had a big spike in COVID cases. Although Marty's doctor told him testing is up 400% from this summer though which means more cases. Sadly some of nursing homes are getting cases and our hospitals have more COVID patients than during the peak last spring.

I did venture to the office today and will the rest of the week. I lifted when I got home tonight then baked myself a chicken finger and had it with a scoop of cottage cheese. And my 2 cookies of course.

Marty just asked if I wanted to meet him for Mexican food but it's 7:30 and cold out. Mean Marcy said no.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

I’m wearing my halo sapphire ring today. Darn I like all that bling better than I thought I would. Ha ha. No, I swear I’m not upgrading all my jewelry.

My sister’s 100 old MIL has COVID. she is in a nursing home here in town that went from no cases this entire time to about 60 cases in the last few weeks. They have currently 41 active cases and they have them all in one wing of the nursing home. Sad and scary.

I helped plow out our street this morning. The Macau has 3 chassis levels and i picked sports plus this morning. The street has ruts where everyone drives but the snow is still in the middle. The whole way down the street I could hear the snow scraping since it froze up overnight. So I asked Marty is that mode had the most ground clearance? He said no. I figure I shaved about 3 inches off the top of all that snow. Too funny. I was helping. But as you know those Germans know how to build cars that can go through snow.

I’m at work, eating lunch and freezing. I am always cold in the office. I had a PBJ for lunch. Quite tasty.

Take care.
Marcy Snow Plow Assistant.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that’s scary about your sister’s MIL. I sure hope she recovers. The 90+ year old mom of a lady helping me on my project had Covid a few weeks ago. She was pretty sick for about 5 weeks, but has recovered. Talk about spunk!

Is your car louder when you drive in sport plus? Mine sure is! I guess they want everyone to hear the powerful engine. Plain Sport mode is loud enough for me. The kid who takes care of our cats when we’re away told me my car sounded super cool. Haha! I feel like the tires grip the road better in sport or sport plus mode. Did you find that to be the case while you were plowing? Be sure to send your bill to the city so they can compensate you for your services!

Glad you’re enjoying that bling! Do you have anything in mind for your next purchase? I decided against the ring from Lang Antiques. It looked similar to something I already have, and I have got to stop buying similar things. I have been thinking about a pair of antique dormeuse earrings. They sit just under the earlobe and I like that. But you know I have to think things to death, so...

It rained all day, just as predicted. It was a great day for chili and grilled cheese. I worked until 6:30, at which point my brain declared no more. The rain let up long enough for a quick walk in the neighborhood. I was going to make chocolate chip cookies where you make the chocolate chips look like spiders, in the spirit of Halloween. I decided no-bakes would be easier and quicker, so I went with that. I’m going to read for a little while and head to bed. Goodnight!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
32016BEC-3718-4327-B000-365D870ED08C.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I saw those spider cookies. Marty hates spiders so I doubt he'd be amused.

That's great to hear your co-worker's mom recovered from COVID. My sister's MIL was a farmer's wife so she's definitely tough; hopefully she pulls through okay.

Yes, my car is definitely loudest in sports plus; it has a lovely growl no matter which 3 modes I use. It makes our cars sound faster, right? I would agree the tires grip more in those modes; Marty explained to me tonight the lower the car is to the road the better it corners. That sense. Of course he drives it like he stole it and I drive it like the little old lady from Pasadena that occasionally will go fast. Ha Ha. That is pretty cold the cat sitter likes how your car sounds. I should bill the city for plowing. Good idea.

Can you post a picture of those earrings you are thinking about getting? I have no idea what those look like. I am with you on trying not to have a ton of jewelry that looks alike. I have a thick YG solitaire ring with a square cushion cut raspberry sapphire that is next on my upgrade list. The band needs tweaked up a bit in size anyway but I want to trade in the sapphire for a round or oval blue sapphire. That way I'll have a down payment too. That color looks like my rhodolite garnet and similar to my lavender sapphire so I want another blue. I should take time to think things through - some of my impulse buys were a waste of money.

Glad your rainy day cleared up enough for a walk. Did you make those spider cookies? That is pretty cool.

Marty's new iPhone showed up today. He is working on getting it all up and running now.

It's only 8:30 and I am yawning like it's 10:30; that time change will really throw me for a loop. LOL.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Im thinking about one of these 2 pairs. The top pair is antique in rose gold and platinum, and the next two pics are of the same pair which is yellow gold and platinum and they aren’t antique. And I don’t go anywhere so why am I looking at earrings?

8F0E2F17-D34D-42D6-B082-46B6BDF252EE.jpeg F98F89DF-4046-4E2A-BA18-56BACAEBBCAF.jpeg D72A3503-B980-472F-AD39-5AC8A0689561.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I like those Deegee. They are very pretty and I bet they look great and elegant on the ear.

My right earlobe curls under so that style or large studs look funky on my ear. If I stick with 5mm studs I’m okay. Lever back dangles work good but are at a slightly different angle because of it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Election Day! Results TBD by Christmas. Ha Ha.

I have today off due to necessity so I won't lose any PTO hours. I had a busy day. I hit Sams Club first thing. I am loving that Scan and Go app they have. I wanted to stock up on paper products before panic buying version 482 sets in only to find out I was too late. They did have some of the commercial paper products, I asked the girl stocking shelves if it was any good and she suggested I come back Thursday when their new stock comes in. Understood. I picked up some of the baking ingredients I need for the holidays, some candy (of course) and got Marty a 3 pound tomahawk steak. It was like a roast when it was done; he ate the entire thing. I picked up a pack of tenderloins and ate one of those. I love their prices; I got a big bag of apples for $6, 12 pounds of Gold Medal Flour for $5 but darn I forgot to get my AA battery stash for all my battery operated Christmas lights.

Store 2 then was the regular grocery store which did have TP and paper towels (Score!) so I got 2 packs of each plus the rest of my baking ingredients. I was delighted to find a jar of yeast; such little pleasures these days.

While shopping in Sams my boss sent me a text to call in to our 8:30 meeting. I tried but the one click number in my calendar didn't do a darn thing so too bad I missed the meeting. I called him later. Since our local county issued a mask mandate for this month our director has decided you have to wear you mask at work all the time if you are in a cube. As expected - none of us cube farm residents are happy to hear that. We already alter days at work so you are by an empty cube, we wear a mask anytime away from out test, we do a health screening and temperature check each day before we can enter the premises and we don't have cases spreading through employees so we are going - huh? Plus the local mandate frequently says this applies to retailers and services open to the public. We aren't open to the public. Sigh. We'll see what happens. If my senior manager wasn't worried about being a kiss arse he'd probably say we will all work at home but I'm sure he won't do that. At least 2 other departments on our floor alone have not returned to work yet. Retirement becomes more appealing.

The awesome great exciting news to me was walking around 2 stores didn't make my legs stiff or sore - yay for having muscles. The right knee kind of did the popping in or out of place right as I got in my car at the second store but hasn't been too bad even after hauling things in and taking care of them. That is incredible. I did make sure to tell Marty that lifting has helped me there.

Our weather is gorgeous. It's about 70 degrees all week.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I’m trying to picture your curled earlobe! I have big ole fat earlobes. I wore my 1.15 ctw ACA studs for many years as they were really my only pair of good earrings. I have the jackets too, to dress them up. But then I discovered I really like dangly and drop earrings, and now I want more!

I’m so glad you were able to walk around the stores successfully. Those concrete floors are hard on a body. It’s awesome to see the benefits of your faithful lifting. You can walk around stores and lift crates of peaches at the farmers’ market! I’m sure you can tell in a lot of other ways too. Have you noticed more energy?

I am also glad to hear you’re having some nice weather after way too much snow. I can’t believe you have to wear masks all day at work. I don’t think I could handle that. I nearly had a panic attack in Target last week because of the mask. It was too hot in there and a lot of people had pulled their masks down under their noses because it was so hot. Me...I just about panicked and had to get outside. I feel that way when I’m about to have an asthma attack. I hope you get to work from home more.

Matt’s office is closed due to Covid cases. Luckily he hasn’t been to the office in over a month. One of his youth group kids, a kid he usually drives to church, has it as well as 7 people in her family. Again, luckily she hasn’t been to church in a few weeks. A family down the street has it. Yet again, luckily we have only chatted with them from the road since this began. Too many close calls!

Good idea to stock up on some things. Have you noticed canned foods are becoming scarce? We have decided we need to get a freezer. We have never really needed one, but now it would come in handy.

I had yesterday off due to the state Election Day holiday, but ended up working 5 hours anyway. I have a bunch of things hitting me all at once with end of year deadlines. I put in a 12-hr day on Monday and today. I need to cut that out!

Dinner tonight was wine and baked cheese puffs. It seemed like that kind of day! We made it to the park for good walks on Monday and Tuesday, but today got away from both of us. Did I tell you my favorite trail has reopened? It runs alongside the river, and a big chunk of it collapsed into the river during our flood in 2016, and it kept crumbling to the point it was unsafe and was closed last year. I’m so excited that they opened it back up because it is so pretty and peaceful. And plenty wide now, for social distancing.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I can totally understand wanting drop and dangle earrings. The bottom of my right ear lobe curls down so it is noticeable especially on studs. I will see if I can find a picture; getting pictures of my ears seems difficult for me. Ha Ha. I tend to prefer my ACA studs over anything else but I have sure been wearing my newer YG diamond dangles.

I was excited I could walk around that much yesterday. My knees were both a little sore last night but not bad and they felt their normal achy this morning. Sweet. I do notice little things all the time and yes I do have more energy. it keeps me going back for more.

Sorry you struggled with wearing a mask the other day. I worried I will have that problem as well. Right now I in the office 3 days a week; i don't plan on going in early or working late. The "kindly" sent out an email saying you can take your mask off at your desk to eat your lunch but then put it back on. Really? What about when I want to drink water or something. I'll snack all day (not a good idea) so I can take my mask off. I am pretty unhappy about it especially since there isn't a soul within 15 feet at least.

Sorry to hear about that family at church and down the street with cases. A doctor on TV the other day said the country is testing about a million cases each day which of course makes sense why cases are going up. He said cases are different than infections and deaths are way lower than the peak last spring. I remain hopeful for us all.

Yes, I noticed canned goods are depleting again and great idea for you to get a freezer. I was thinking of getting a small chest freezer for our basement myself. It would be nice to stock up on meat especially for the winter.

What is up with us working on our day off? We are dedicated and responsible.

You supper sounds good. I had a grilled cheese and 2 cookies. Yes you mentioned your favorite trail was open again and how cool it's by the river. Sounds pretty and peaceful. Very nice.

Not much going on here today. I stayed up late and confirmed this election won't be settled for weeks. I worked at home today so got a batch of laundry done and did my lifting after signing off for the day. Our internet was down for about an hour so I goofed off then. Ha!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha Ha - all of the pictures I can find with earrings on either are of my left ear or don't show what I'm talking about.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, can you remote start your BMW?

Have a great day,
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vacation lunch. No judging! 3809628C-3CAA-409E-83EE-633B39C956FC.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, the beach looks awesome and Lily obviously loves it. Lunch looks delicious. I'm not judging at all; I made homemade cocoa brownies but had a piece of PB toast and an apple first. Then ate a warm brownie.

The funeral I went to on Thursday was nice. Easily 200 people were there and I'm sure more would have been there if not for COVID. I caught up with all of his sisters, his kids and his ex-wife. I was there over 2 hours but made it home for my 3 pm meeting.

My sister and BIL came up this weekend. She wanted one more lesson for her online virtual craft show.

We are working from home at least through November 20th. COVID cases are rising here.

So I've drove myself crazy the last 4 days and ended up where I started. Last week we got another warranty extension on the Porsche - it's for tire gauges and extended for 2 years. I sent Marty a text telling him and said "if I buy another car so it's under warranty; I want one with a remote start. That means no Porsche". He never answered me so I thought well that subject is dropped. Saturday when we were out he drove us through the car dealer lots where he pointed out some SUV he thought i might liike. He said it's my car I should get what I want. I came home and started my "search" for the best luxury small SUV. Then read reviews, watched test drives on YouTube. Priced out assorted cars and model. I initially wanted to stick with a local dealer. I ruled out Cadillac; it still has as many cons as they did when we looked at them 15 years ago. The only car I kind of liked is the new Lincoln Corsair. Even maxed out with pretty much all options I'd end up with a way smaller car payment. Then I read customer reviews including the Corsair owner forum and then I ruled that out. Next I looked at Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes. I thought BMW & Mercedes had remote starters but found out that isn't so, apparently Germany no longer allows car to be built with remote starters because it wastes gas. I believe they both offer pick up and delivery service on your car for maintenance and repair while under warranty which would be great. Looks like they both have an app that will start your car, but the Mercedes will just heat or cool it. Then I watched videos on YouTube of test drives. I was leaning towards the BMW X3. Then I went to the owner forums and saw complaints about the remote apps not working well with new Apple phones. Also when I did comparison reviews of each car to the Macan; the Macan has the things I like about cars. Then Monday came - we had snow most of Sunday and it got bitter cold and windy. The drive home was on solid ice. Lots of accidents. We have a tall hill with steep grade on the way home and naturally some cars were struggling to get up the hill; jerks in pickups were going around them in the ditch, cars were getting stopped halfway up the hill then and couldn't get going again. My car didn't have a bit of trouble and never slid once the entire way home. I sent Marty a text when I got home that said "screw a remote start. I'd rather have a car that can laugh at this kind of road conditions that be warm when I get in it." And that's the end of my long, boring self centered story. I suppose I could price out a new Macan if I am that concerned about a warranty. It probably wouldn't be here until after all the spring blizzards anyway.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F594D0FF-4803-4A15-96B5-6DBE18E54C5E.jpeg

Marcy-I’m sure you’re like me, thinking about your dad today on Veterans Day. My dad was so grateful to be from the US. When we were kids, he often described things he had seen in other parts of the world and said he always kissed the ground when he got back on US soil. He served in the 50’s, mostly in Europe. Not long after WWII was over.

I meant to answer you but forgot! I guess you found the answer on your own. No, my car doesn’t have remote start. I remember the dealer saying something about Germany and wasting fuel. It does have a feature I have never used where you can remotely turn on the heat or air for 5 minutes, I think. You would use it right before you were ready to get in so. I have the BMW X3 M40I with every possible option. I didn’t intend to do that, but the local dealer had the exact color and engine I wanted, and the rest came with it. I have never used so many of the features... like parking itself, steering itself while the cruise is on, and who knows what else! My car is very heavy and I have never slid in rain or snow. My friend who was recently looking just bought a Lincoln Aviator. It’s very luxurious, but a little too big for me. I feel much more driving something the size of my little suv. See...we know what we like! My next vehicle will probably be a lot like my current vehicle.

The night sky is incredible here! It is very dark at night, no street lights or big buildings or anything like that. They also ask that people turn off their porch and outside lights at night for the creatures of the seashore so there is very little light pollution. The sky is absolutely beautiful! Matt sat on the deck with binoculars for a while last night.

We got an email yesterday that our office has had its first positive case and the person was in the office on Friday of last week. Luckily I haven’t been to the office since I stopped by in July to pick up some files, but I did go to see my friend’s SUV on Friday and she works the same place I do. She has been going in every other day because she’s a manager, and she alternates in-office time with her assistant manager. We had so many positive cases yesterday, I wouldn’t be surprised if they close our office again for a few weeks.

I’m off to take a lunch walk at the beach. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, yes I have been thinking of my dad today as well. Great photo of your dad. My dad was in Korea in the 50's. I know he was very happy to get back to the US as well. Thank you to them and all veterans for their sacrifice of protecting all of us.

It sounds like I was looking at the same car you have including the color blue. I know you love it. I will probably go test drive one once this COVID mess is behind us. I will probably try the Mercedes CLC 300 4Matic 43 SUV (I think that is what it is called.). Yes, we do love what we love. My car has features I forget how they work but I do like the driver's assist and blind spot feature. I turn off the lane assist; it scares the crap out of me when all of a sudden the wheel moves on it's own. The reviews I read all praised the comfort and luxury of the Lincolns. I don't want a larger vehicle either; I hit curbs enough as it is.

That's awesome the sky is so dark at night there. Good deal Matt was enjoying the view with binoculars.

Oh no your office has someone with COVID. I hope they recover quickly.

Well my 2 weeks of work at home was reversed today. We got a LONG email assuring us our facility is safe to work in and that we are following proper recommendations to stay safe. Looks like our director made that decision on his own and corporate said no way. Since I usually work at home on Thursday I am not going back in the office until Friday. Ha!

I lifted after work tonight but didn’t do much else exciting today.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I spent most of my day working rather than test driving cars. We went out for a late lunch after I was finished and Marty said he’d cry if I traded off my car. He did say again I could do what I wanted but I guess I’ll tuck that idea away for a while. I did finally decide it would be like trading my ACA for some mall diamond. It may sparkle but it wouldn’t be the same. I do absolutely love my car and that heated seat warms up Quickly. My car will quit calling me names now when I walk by it.

Marty is playing poker tonight. I am watching TV and made some popcorn. I rented 3 different movies and didn’t like any of them so I’m watching reruns instead.

I hear a smoke detector chirping in our “guest wing”. I am rather confident in my almost 30 years of marriage Marty has NEVER been home when a Battery dies in one of them. At least he is in town this time.

We have had horrible wind today. I picked up groceries this afternoon and I have a nylon organizer and cooler bag in the cargo area for groceries. I opened the back of my car and the cooler whipped out of the car and flew off. I grabbed the organizer to hold on to while the girl brought out my groceries. After everything was loaded up I wandered the parking lot until I found my cooler. Good thing I live in Wyoming since my purse and key were in my car and no one took off in it.

i have been tired, sneezing more than normal, coughing more than normal, had a sinus headache and then thought I was getting pink eye. I’m like oh oh do I have the COVID? I know the high winds probably triggered my allergies so was hoping I’d feel better as the day went on. And I do. So must just be allergies.

Tomorrow is laundry and lifting day. Then back to work.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Today is my Friday. Woo hoo!!! I get a freebee tomorrow for working this weekend and then I am taking Friday off because once again I am closing in on too much accrued vacation time. I plan on going to Sams Club and the grocery store in the morning and start my Thanksgiving and Christmas baking.

We haven't had any snow lately but have had several days of hurricane level 3 winds; poor semis are being knocked over on the highways.

Off to get ready for bed. I have a new Jack Reacher book to read maybe I'll start it tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-yay for a nice, long weekend! Enjoy!! I am in the middle of first week after vacation hell. I was lazy and didn’t work on vacation, and now I’m regretting it. Argh! And I know what you mean about those darn smoke alarm batteries. When Matt is home and the thing starts chirping, it’s usually around 4am. Ours are wired into the electrical system and have battery backups. One upstairs seems to be on the fritz and that battery gets changed every month I swear. I picture myself knocking it off the ceiling with a baseball bat. Are you feeling better? No Covid, I hope.

I have had a weird day! I had an appointment this morning to get highlights. My cat Milo is acting sick, so the vet told me to drop him off this morning on my way to my other appointment. I left the house at 9:15. So... I don’t even know how to go into the details of the day. My subtle grey highlights turned into a full head of white hair. Seeing that a full head of white hair was not what I wanted, she was ready to add brown lowlights because no lie...white hair. Then I got a message from the vet that scared me to death, so I rushed over there. When I finally got to talk to the vet, I found out that Milo just has an abscessed tooth and I need to bring him back to be sedated and the tooth removed. The message sounded like he was dead. Sheesh. So I got him home and then went back for brown lowlights. I finally got home at 8pm, hadn’t eaten all day, with a raging headache from having my hair pulled through a cap twice. Gotta laugh! I haven’t seen my hair in natural light after the lowlights. It is still light, but at least it’s not white! I’m going to bed. Tomorrow will be better.

Have a wonderful day off, Marcy!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ask you... is this subtle grey highlights on brown hair?

Attachments

• 08CB2700-F1FE-4F70-9CFE-F29E4949877B.jpeg
    08CB2700-F1FE-4F70-9CFE-F29E4949877B.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 155

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee sorry you are having hell week after going back to Work. Vacation is generally way more fun. I totally get the urge to use something to knock smoke detectors off the wall or ceiling. Ours are wired in too but the batteries still go bad. So annoying. I get why they need both type of batteries. They should have self charging batteries that charge from the electricity.

Yes, I am feeling fine. I started feeling better by Saturday afternoon. I think our hurricane 3 force winds were kicking up my allergies.

That is scary about Milo but glad it was only a tooth. I hope he quickly recovers from that.

Do you like your hair? It looks really pretty.

Yes I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy rainy Saturday! I don’t mind a good rainy day every now and then. It gives me an excuse to be lazy and sit around in my jammies watching Netflix all day.

Marcy-I’m glad you’re feeling better. We’ve been having some strong winds, but not bad enough to knock semis over! Wow! Our deck furniture has moved around, and we have a tree that has fallen but got caught by another tree. It makes me nervous, but Matt promises me it won’t hit the house. In my mind, I see the tree holding it up breaking, and both trees flying down the hill into the house, which could happen if we had winds like you get!

Did you enjoy your two weekdays off? Are you planning to take off any next week? I’m planning to work through Wednesday and maybe Friday. I have to drop Milo at the vet at 7am on Friday for his tooth extraction, so I may end up working that day too. Unless I come back home and go back to bed! Do you have plans for Thanksgiving? Mom wants Thanksgiving as usual, which makes me nervous for her. She nearly gave up the will to live back in the spring, and now firmly believes we can’t stop living because of the virus. We’ll have to be extremely careful.

My hair was quite a shock. I have been having reactions to my monthly root dye for a while now. My scalp turns bright red and it burns for several days. My hair grows so fast, you can already see grey roots after just a week. I told her not to dye the roots this time and to add subtle grey highlights to the rest of my hair. I kept telling her I thought she was pulling to much hair through the cap, but she promised it would be very subtle. Turns out, what she was referring to as subtle was the difference between my roots and the rest of my hair. We had very different outcomes in mind! While it did look very cool, I don’t have the completion for white hair. She added brown back, but it is very light. It’s very dry and frizzy, so I’ve been using a lot of leave in conditioner.

Have a great weekend!

1BBFC03F-A74F-4B89-B7A2-A3D158406FBF.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results