shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I’m glad you had a fun movie night! A once a month movie night sounds good. Matt went to poker night for the first time in a long time, and he had a great time. He has really missed chatting with some of his coworkers.

Snow? Nooo! It’s not time for that! I remember my MIL complaining about snow in September when they lived in Montana. But she complains about everything, so I didn’t take her all that seriously. I am dreading winter more than usual this year. All this daylight and being able to go to the park everyday has sure saved my mental state!

Your dinner sounds delicious. I’m going to have to check out Omaha Steaks. We had grilled chicken, fresh green beans and fresh corn on the cob for dinner the other night, and the fresh veggies were sooo good. Last night I made spaghetti with mom’s sauce recipe. I was really craving it for some reason.

We’re getting ready to head to mom’s as soon as the pulled pork I have in the oven gets done. It’s our last bbq of the summer. Wahhh! Matt installed the outside security cameras Friday afternoon. (I never thought we’d need something like that.) Last night at 10pm I got a motion alert, and 2 guys I have never seen walked down the hill, up the driveway and the sidewalk in front of the house and kept walking through the yard into the neighbors yard. I was working in my study, which faces the sidewalk. I thought I saw something go by, but nothing was there when I got up and looked. I didn’t pay attention to the motion alert because I’d been getting them all day. Matt needs to reposition one of the cameras so it doesn’t pick up cars driving by. Anyway, I think that it quite creepy, especially since I was sitting right there. All of our neighbors have security cameras too, so I’m sure somebody has a good view of them.

We’re off to mom’s. Have a great Labor Day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, movie night was fun. That's great Matt got to go out for a poker night too. I'm all for getting back to normal life.

Your MIL wasn't lying about snow in September. i have seen it snow every month of the year here. It is really windy and getting cold now. Snow hasn't arrive yet. Right now it says it feels like 41. Yesterday we were near 90. Snow totals vary - depending on the weather app I have seen 4 inches to 25 inches. Woah!

We buy from Omaha steaks quite a bit. I sign up for the rewards program so can get free things that way and always wait until they have something on sale with free shipping. We like them. Your dinners sound great; I remember how much your love your mom's spaghetti sauce. Sounds delicious.

Good idea to get outdoor security cameras installed and it's sad to say they are probably a necessity anymore. That would totally creep me out seeing those 2 guys walking up your sidewalk and cutting through your yard. Checking ours one night right before going to bed (and Marty was out of town) I saw someone right up by our front window. Scared the crap out of me and when I looked again nothing was there. It was the night view, black and white and I swear it was a face with a white hoodie - was it a glitch from a stray headlight or a person? I didn't sleep a wink that night.

I hope you had fun at your Mom's and the last BBQ of the season.

We had a nice day. My sister, BIL, nephew and his wife were here so Marty could go over with them how to do / maintain / whatever my sister's website for her doll clothes. My sister is not very computer literate and Marty doesn't think she got most of it but I am sure my nephew and niece will do fine. My nephew does the cads, building and repairs on Hu Hut so he brought his tools and tweaked our basement patio door that hardly opens anymore. Something has shifted but that door has always been hard to open and close since they installed it 6 summers ago. My BIL watched movies all day while everyone else had computer lessons. We went out for lunch and had brownies sundaes this afternoon. I did get a phone call about an hour ago to do an update for work. It was the problem I pointed out to my boss on Friday but he didn't fix it. So other than confirming the update matched what I did it didn't take much of my time.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We have been getting snow all day but it mostly melts when it hits the ground. I would say we have several inches piled up on the grass and deck. Right now it feels like 15.

I did swap my days at home this week to today and tomorrow. I had no desire to venture out in the snow; it looked a bit icy out there - not to mention COLD!!! I got up in the middle of the night and turned on the furnace. We are warming up a bit again on Thursday.

I had a very busy day at work and ended up working late. Marty picked up food from Culver’s for lunch; I really like their pot roast sandwich; I throw out the bun and eat the roast beef. I made a bowl of soup for supper.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had a busy week at work and was back at it for 90 minutes this morning. In a few weeks we'll be SLOW again. My boss gave me an ultimatum to get cross training done between my 2 departments which will be challenging with rotating remote workers and not being able to set together at work. We will probably use Google meets.

We are back in the 70's today so winter is at bay for a while. Woo hoo!!!

Marty washed our cars today and power washed the garage.

We went out for lunch today and I did laundry. Such excitement - my thrill-o-meter doesn't register any activity.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had to work again for a few hours this morning. Phooey.

I got my lifting done and my last batch of laundry finished. Marty grilled steak and corn on the cob on the grill for lunch.

Is it really Sunday afternoon?

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Last week got busy and got completely away from me! So have fun with the cross training. Matt’s work has had to hire several new people because they are slammed with projects. They have brought everyone back who had been laid off or on low earnings and still don’t have enough people. The person they hired to help Matt is a new chemical engineering grad fresh out of WVU. How crazy would it be to be a new hire working remotely from the get go?

Did you have the option of working from home on snowy days before Covid? We were not allowed to. If I ever do get back into the office, I will definitely be bringing my laptop home everyday and working from home in bad weather.

I spent another 3 hours at the dentist with my nightmare tooth last week. Would you believe I had to be numbed again, and for a tooth that has had a root canal? I am so done with this tooth! I am going to be so mad if this thing ends up having to be pulled.

My friend from Seattle was in last week with her new boyfriend, and we had to get together. We had a “distancing on the deck’” gathering on my deck. A few other friends who live less than a minute away but who I haven’t seen since March came too. It started raining after a few hours even though there was no rain in the forecast. We moved inside and chatted for hours. It’s good to see people!

I have a sneaking suspicion that our agency is being moved back to the Capitol Complex. I’m thinking they’re giving serious thought to reducing the office footprint, permanently having more remote workers, and “hoteling” work spaces. The Capitol Complex is nice. The grounds are well kept and there is security everywhere. Plus it would cut about half of my 17-minute commute out, and I wouldn’t have to get on the interstate at all.

I’m off to work a few hours before bed. I meant to work earlier, but I fell asleep hard on the couch. We went out for brunch and I may have had too many bloody Mary’s! We went to target and I came home and crashed. All better now. Have a great Monday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, that's great Matt is busy again and hired some new people. Marty's job is getting scary right now; their biggest client booted them out.

I have never had the option to work from home on snowy days; but since I can pick 2 days a week right now I will be checking the forecast to make my choices (hopefully wisely). My former boss was tolerant of it; but current boss isn't. Of course he lives about 30 miles north of town in the country so his commute si worse than mine but he has way better knees than I do. I hope they'll allow you to work from home in bad weather too. I have gotten so I hate walking on ice or through deep snow.

That really stinks about your tooth; is it still infected? Does it hurt? I sure hope they got it fixed this time.

The get together with your friends sounds fun. Nice to do something normal.

I hope they do move you to the Capitol Complex; sounds like a lot of pluses for you. My commute is about 17 minutes as well.

A bloody Mary sounds great.

My day off started with a request to log in and do a test of one of our applications since they loaded a software update last night. I sent a text to one of my employees already at work to do the test but she couldn’t get logged in. I logged in and took care of it. What would they do without me?

Our cleaning lady came today. After she left I ventured to the grocery store. Took my about 90 minutes in the store and I bought more than normal so I won’t have to go back as soon. Every time I saw an “X” or “stand here” I thought of the road runner meme and stood off to the side of it. Ha. They aren’t going to sucker me. Speaking of sucker me I sure got on someone’s spam list - I’ve been getting about 50 calls a day about some computer security I paid for that wants to give me a refund. The calls are from all over including Russia.

I ran a few errands this afternoon and have brewed up chocolate chip cookies.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Work was okay for a change - no major updates I had to deal with. Sweet. I have been upgrading the operating systems on my phone and iPads. I hit the wrong button on my phone cutting me off access to our network but I was so proud I found it and fixed it. Marty would totally have been amused if I had to ask him how to fix it.

i just got done lifting. Marty uses a program that his clients get reminders of their workouts and you submit your "numbers" after you lift. I submitted very fictional numbers - 438 lbs, 482 lbs and 1008 lbs. I wonder how long it will take him to find it. Yes, I am easily amused.

I am eating a bowl of strawberries that need a pancake, whip cream and powdered sugar to make them taste better but I'll be good and eat my bowl of fruit. I have a mini meatloaf baking and will heat up a bread stick I had in the freezer. My orders from Omaha Steaks and Kansas City Steaks showed up today so my freezer is over flowing. We only have the freezers in our 2 refrigerators.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Work was slow this morning and crazy busy this afternoon. Marty brewed up tacos for us for lunch. I am heating up 2 pieces of pizza for supper then will top it off with 2 cookies and a mini B&J Cherry Garcia.

I did make myself a strawberry, whip cream pancake for breakfast. That made those strawberries taste way better.

Our Christmas lights showed up; they are heavier than what I looked at when I was browsing around Hobby Lobby. I'll be good and wait for Marty to come home to try them.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Good idea to doctor up your strawberries to taste better. I bought fruit tonight that I hope ends up being good. The nectarine tasted like a nectarine, so that’s a good start. What kind of Christmas lights did you get? I was so sick last December, we didn’t put anything up outside, and we bought a real 4ft tree for inside. That’s all I had the energy for. We need to go all out this year.

Did you see the meme somebody posted of a massive boulder in the road and authorities were looking for Mr. Wylie E. Coyote? That was on the way to my mom’s house. In the background you can see a blue bridge and a green bridge (they blur together in the pic). That’s going from Ohio to Ashland, Ky. I thought it was funny that it ended up a meme!

My mom had a freak out last week because her iPad was croaking. It wouldn’t stay charged, even plugged in. I had an iPad Pro 12.9in shipped to her and my niece stopped by to help her set it up. I think she’s loving it! She’s 82, and she keeps up with her sisters and friends on Facebook, plays all kinds of games with people, sends texts all day. She pays all her bills online, has her accounts set up for ordering medicine, and she has about a gazillion books saved. She nearly panicked at the thought of losing everything, but we got her all fixed up. I think she’s liking the larger screen too.

I have been working way too many hours. Somebody made a good point that I wouldn’t be staying in the office until midnight, so I shouldn’t be working until midnight at home either. Matt is working crazy long days too. The landscaper finally came by and I gave him the go ahead. He said he has been unbelievably busy this year, so who knows when he will get to my messy landscaping. We ran a few errands, picked up groceries and ate out tonight. I’m in the only county in WV that’s in the red, and we have some strict rules. Eating out is no fun. I bought some cheap long-sleeved t-shirts at Kohl’s for working at home. I’m guessing since we’re in a red county, Matt and I will be home for a while longer.

Have a wonderful Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I hope your fruit was good. We are down to very little fruit left and the little cuties on the table are looking pretty bad. I just hate going shopping these days.

I ordered some commercial Christmas lights from christmasdesigners.com. They just came up in a lot of google searches. I hope you feel great for Christmas this year and go out all. Marty doesn't seem to like putting up lights outside anymore - but given our weather i can't say I blame him.

I did not see the meme about a boulder in the road; that doesn't sound fun. They have massive rock slides on I-70 west of Denver and you'll occasionally see one of those giant rocks fall. Pretty scary stuff.

That's great you got your mom the larger iPad and she loves it. I might get that size the next time I upgrade. It sounds like she uses her iPad a lot; that is awesome.

Sorry to hear both you and Matt are working so many hours. Our work load will plummet next week with all pro sports being in playoffs or finals. I am glad some college games are coming back but they are just one day a week - until college basketball starts anyway.

Sweet to get underway with a landscaper. When does he think he'll be done?

Oh no for being in a red county. Hopefully your local restrictions are relaxed soon. I sure don't understand why we still have so many restrictions here.

I worked from home today since I had to be in the office tomorrow but then the reason I was going in got cancelled so I'll work my second day at home tomorrow. Good timing my right knee isn't bending too well and it quite painful at times. We had execs coming from corporate tomorrow and they invited me and my senior manager to lunch with them for our weekend drill of updating all those NHL playoff games. Can't say I'm sorry they cancelled.

This weekend was pretty quiet. I worked on my article for the newspaper and kind of struggled with it so let it set for a few days and I'll finish it this week. Sometimes I have ideas for things i can't find many sources to review and pick out ideas to expand or summarize.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I got up early today because my knee said "yo Marcy - get up and move me." I noticed it actually started feeling better after lifting this afternoon. It gets super stiff when it's straight and pops when I bend it. Putting my leg straight when I get in bed really gets my attention and then bending it or unbending it lets me know it's still there. Stupid knee. The best part about pain is when it stops.

I played cards online with a friend of mine over lunch today. I was hungry by 11 so made myself a cheeseburger using a piece of toast as my bun. Marty picked up a pot roast sandwich for me at Culvers so I had it for supper with a small baked potato. I did have one chocolate chip cookie and a magnum mini ice cream bar for dessert.

I got a batch of laundry done mostly because I needed my stash of masks washed before heading in to the office tomorrow.

I plan on proofing and tweaking my newspaper article toniight but seem too distracted to concentrate. I have been watching political podcasts on you tube and that has my mind pinging all over the place.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I admire that you write an article! I could never commit to something like that. I used to love to write, but years of writing crappity crap manager stuff and providing blah blah input on documents has left me with zero creativity.

I’m sorry your knee is bothering so bad. Is there treatment other than knee surgery? Mom has an appointment tomorrow for the first of three shots in her knee that hasn’t been replaced. I sure hope it helps her. I’m glad you were able to work another day from home.

I’m expecting the landscapers to drop off loads of mulch and top soil along with lots of new plants tomorrow. I’m super excited! We have neglected landscaping for too long. They are supposed to be finished by Friday. I am also having them clear the hill directly behind our house up to the forest. Matt isn’t super happy with me about that, but he hasn’t taken care of it the last few years and it is highly overgrown. Next up is picking out and ordering a front door.

I’ve already worked 37 hours this week and it’s only Wednesday. Man, I’m tired. We’ve been logging out to go to the park for a good walk each day, coming back and fixing dinner and then getting right back to work. Tonight I made sausage cabbage skillet, which is a weird meal that my sister learned to make in home-ec decades ago! It stuck with us and it is so tasty. I’m going to read for a little bit and head to bed. Have a wonderful Thursday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
C4957D28-D709-46C0-9809-92919277FFF9.jpeg
Marcy-here’s that meme. That boulder really damaged the road and took a few days to get cleared. That area is so prone to rock slides anyway. They’re in the process of cutting back the hillside to make the roadway a little safer. It’s a major roadway that runs through a whole lot of states...US 52. That pic is not an exaggeration!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Deegee love that meme. Looks like the rock slides they get in the mountains west of Denver. Those rock slides are so scary and I sure don't want to be around when one happens.

Funny you mention writing manager stuff - I haven't mad any notes on my employees since COVID work from home started. I am usually good at keeping notes. I thought that would be short term and did not think it was fair to document any issues since our normal processes are harder to follow.

I hope those shots help your mom. I would be afraid of trying injections since I am allergic to the universe. That is the same reason I wouldn't rush in to replacing my knee. I continue to hope the lifting continues to help my knee and so far it is.

How did your landscaping turn out? I noticed one of our trees has shed enough leafs we should actually rake it up this year. We've been here 8 years in December.

Your sausage cabbage skilled dinner sounds good. I like those recipes that stick with us for years.

You are working too hard! Such dedication.

I actually only had to do a few things for work this weekend; nice for a change. I have my article for the newspaper done and will send it off once I proof it one more time. Since I was working on my article I decided to start on the October newsletter. We have a huge fire burning about 80 miles west of us so we’ve had heavy smoke and ash here. So awful; it’s an area where there are a lot of dead trees from beetle kill. They’ve been logging out the dead trees but of course most of the rocky mountain region got hit with that disease but all that kindling hasn’t been removed yet. I’ve heard this was human caused too. It’s usually a ignorant camper or hiker; I sure hope it wasn’t arson.

We only ventured out for lunch yesterday. I ordered groceries to pick up tomorrow and will have Marty pick it up in the morning.

I am working on laundry today and did my lifting this morning.

Off to finish my chores.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Work was quite slow today; I had my morning tasks done by 9 am. Marty picked up groceries for us about then so I helped him carry stuff in and take care of things. I forgot a few things and ordered the wrong things so I might venture out morrow to pick up a few things. None of it is critical.

I've become a youtube junkie; watching videos. I can pull them up on Apple TV. Like I need a new lazy habit. I have a new Mitch Rapp book to read and haven't started it yet.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey kids!!!!!!!!!!

Just popping in to see what's going on -- lots, I see!

Mayyyyyy be on my way back (but possibly only here for now). Was vaguely disgruntled over the general negativity before, but have drunk enough to be over it, LOL.

Anyone want me back?!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay - Howdy! Yes, come on back! I have been having a hard time in general with this whole place. It’s not that I even read the threads, the topics were what got me. I even stopped looking at the memes thread, and I loved that thread! I apologize for being negative myself. I’ll do better! Matt is always so positive no matter what, and I keep hoping some of that will rub off on me. Anyway, you have to stop by to give me front door advice.

Marcy-your work sounds like it is either feast or famine! I hope you don’t get too stressed out or overworked. I’m sorry to hear about the fires. I remember fires burning my first trip to California. You could see the smoke from the plane. We ate at an outdoor oceanfront restaurant on a cliff in Laguna Beach, and it was so hazy and smoky you couldn’t see very far out into the ocean. How are your knees doing? Mom has a series of 3 shots, but she didn’t write down the name of the medicine. She said it was like a gel to cushion, or something like that. And the YouTube videos! I got hooked into watching a girl do how-to makeup videos, and I don’t ever wear or intend to wear makeup like that. It just fascinated me seeing how she changes her whole appearance. But all that contouring, highlighting...not for me.

I bet it is tough to supervise employees while working remotely. I don’t envy you there. I think some of our people have those cheater devices (mouse jiggler) that makes them look like they are at their computers all day. I noticed one late Saturday evening while I was working (I have no life), several people appeared to be working, and they don’t work overtime. When I logged in Sunday, they were on again. So I started paying attention, and they always look like they are working. I didn’t even know those devices were a thing!

I’m really happy with my landscaping. 5 guys worked for 11 hours and got everything done in one day, including clearing the hill behind my house. They brought a load of top soil, a load of mulch, and 20 new things to plant. Now looking out of my office window, I see lovely coral colored drift roses. I hope they’re nice in the spring.

I feel like such a bum this week. I didn’t work last evening because my computer did 6 hours of updates starting at 6pm. I planned to work late tonight, but more updates were pushed today at 4 that took about 2 hours. I couldn’t bring myself to get started again! It rained all day (great for my new plants and bushes), so we weren’t able to walk. But we have been going to the park for a good walk just about every evening. I made breakfast for dinner, and have some leftovers for breakfast tomorrow.

We’re leaving for vacation this weekend and I am so excited. I can’t wait for a change of scenery! I figure we’ll be eating in or getting takeout, and keeping good distance at the beach. I am hoping for lots of walks and bike rides. Both of us desperately need this break. Have a great Wednesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!!!

Yes Dee Jay, please come back. I am glad to hear from you. I’ve considered quitting myself. I’ll try not to add to the negativity here.

Deegee, I had no idea about things like the mouse jiggler. Wow. The things they come up,with. Yes, my job is feast or famine.

I hope the shots work well for your mom. My knee is in a less agitated state. We went to Sams club this morning and my legs / knees didn’t get stiff or sore. I was rather thrilled at that.

we are having that haze like you mentioned from the smoke. That fire grew today and is back to 0% contained. 60 buildings lost so far, mostly mountain cabins.

yes, YouTube can amuse anyone for hours. i am a late jumping on that bandwagon but I’m wasting lots of time on it.

that’s great your landscaping turned out so well. Sweet.

how fun to be going on vacation. Enjoy!!!

sorry about typos or no capital letters. I am typing on my iPad.

I got up at 6 this morning on my day off. WTH??? Anyway we dropped off the pickup for an oil change and a recall. We stopped for breakfast and then went shopping at Sams club. We were home by about 8:15. Our cleaning lady came today. A friend picked up take out for us at Olive Garden. I paid and she picked it up. I was chucking when I ordered it how funny it would be to check pay upon arrival but I was nice. We played cards for a few hours which was fun.

after Marty left for the gym I ran out to the cemetery and dropped off some mail at the post office.

I am in the office tomorrow. I am having my recognition lunch with the executives from corporate. i will try to behave.

and I am excited. I ordered the new Dyson 11 oversize cordless vacuum. we have one of the animal ones and love it. This has a larger vacuum head, bigger canister and longer battery life plus has another battery you can change out. Marty can have our current one for the gym. Too funny I’m excited for a new vacuum. Life in the fast lane in Wyoming. Ha ha.

best get to bed

laters
Marcy aka Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and this is shocking news. I put a small gash in my forearm and have no idea where I did that. I was sitting here after the cleaning lady arrived and noticed 2 streaks on my arm. at first I thought it was chocolate that i dropped and smeared somehow. I’m like I haven’t eaten any chocolate today (yet) so where did that come from. I got up and was cleaning it off with a paper towel and noticed that spot started bleeding. I’m blaming the killer rabbits. It couldn’t be that I’m just a klutz.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I can finally leave the bandage off my arm. It’s not as hard to avoid as a knife cut. Woo hoo!!!!

I’m in the office today and just ate my lunch. Our work load has dwindled to almost nothing except weekend events so I’m kind of bored. I’ll be working from home tomorrow. Marty and 5 of his clients are participating in a strength competition this weekend so he is stealing my rack tomorrow for the meet to use for warm ups. I might get Sunday off from lifting. Ha! It is kind of lame the state rep for this competition lives about 150 miles alway and won’t bring down the necessary equipment because it might snow. You live in Wyoming, it might snow every day!? so Marty volunteered to take in 2 racks and lots of weights.

Marty went to the court house and did early voting yesterday. He said he wrote me in a few times. The putz. If I see my name listed in the results I’ll totally crack up. I requested an absentee ballot and mailed it yesterday. We both have that checked off our to do list. Sweet. Of course if I win some position like county sewer inspector I won’t be happy.

Our nearby fire continues to grow. We need snow and less wind soon. Mother Nature are you listening?

I guess the St Jude’s bears are in at Kay’s so I might stop on the way home and make my annual purchase. One of my employees picked one up last weekend when she was in there buying a ring. She and another one of my employees made up an abuse a bear sign and have it at an empty desk. I might have teased them a bit with my bears over the years. I used to make people talk to them. The things I do to be amused.

Take care.
Marcy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2D827351-2AAC-4E27-ABD0-95AF7CD37D20.jpeg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-ouch! Darn those killer rabbits. Isn’t it crazy how you can hurt yourself and not even realize it until you look down and see blood? The other night I was folding laundry and it hit me that my finger was hurting. When I looked at it, I discovered the knuckle was purple and swelling. I vaguely remember my ring catching on something when I was getting the garbage out but I didn’t think I did that to it!

Let me know how you like that new vacuum! I tend to buy fairly cheap ones because I go through them quite often. I bought an expensive one thinking my problem was buying cheap ones, and the more expensive one didn’t last much longer. My mom has had the same Electrolux canister vacuum since I was a kid. No lie.

Did you behave for your recognition lunch? Did you go out or get food brought in? The abuse bear reminds me of the stress doll my boss bought me. It’s a curse word that starts with a D doll. Have you seen those? Amazon has them. I love it!

I’m am so sleepy right now I can barely hold my eyes open. I have worked over 40 hours already and have one more day to go. I’m working on some laundry this evening and will pack tomorrow. It was a gorgeous day here with mid 70’s and low humidity. We took a good walk at the park. Our old walking trail by the river is back open and I’m so happy! It had been slipping into the river since our big flood 4 years ago, and got pretty dangerous last year so they closed it. They did wonderful things to it and we can now enjoy it again. Matt made chicken tacos for dinner. Yum. I’m off to bed. Have an awesome Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I know those darn Killer Rabbits are so mean. How do I put up with it? Yes it is crazy how you can hurt yourself and not realize it. Ouch to catching your ring and causing your finger to swell and get sore. I hope it is better now.

I will let you know what I think of the new Dyson; hopefully it's just as good or better than the other Dyson. Our house is too big to vacuum both upstairs and downstairs on one charge so this one should be able to handle it. Also the canister is bigger and our cleaning lady always fills the other one past the fill line. She doesn't seem to want to dump it so I take care of that. The first time she dumped it she didn't latch it all the way and made a mess so she just vacuums and hangs it back on the charger. I am not surprised your mom's Electrolux still works and works great. Those are great vacuums!

I did behave in the recognition lunch. They had us order from Qdoba so they had names on all the covered bowls for us to pick up and find a seat. There were 2 directors, 1 VP and one CEO there. They were recognizing 2 departments. The first one generated a lot of questions so when they got to us we only talked to them about 7 or 8 minutes and my senior manager did most of the talking. It was nice. And my diamonds looked great in the lighting in there. Ha Ha.

That's great your nice walking trail is open again. I bet it's a nice view by the river.

I hope you are having a great time on your vacation.

I did dial in this morning and apply some patterns on some MLB games for Monday. Other than that work has been quiet this weekend.

Marty and 5 of his clients competed in a strength competition today. Five of them placed or got medals; Marty got a medal for his power lifting and also got a certificate for Best Lifter. They had spectators set outside so I kept driving over and kind of watched from my car then came home for a while and then headed back. Between sun and smoke I wouldn't have done well outside all day. We went to supper with 3 of his clients when they were done.

I got my laundry done today and watched some of the episodes of Tehran on Apple TV+. It's a pretty good series. I decided I'd renew my subscription (I had a free year with my phone) since new Snoopy cartoons are coming out in February.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!!!

It is super smoky here today. The fire is over 150,000 acres now and they don't think it will be out for weeks. My allergies are complaining about it for sure. Lots of people have lost their homes or mountain cabins; that is so awful.

I had some odd chores and jobs to do at work today so that kept me busy. Tomorrow is cross training day then I'm working at home Wednesday and Thursday and taking Friday off. I'm within 7 hours of going past my allowed maximum hours of accrued vacation time.

I picked up Arby's for supper. Easy cooking and dishes.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee I hope you are having a fabulous vacation.

Not much going on with me this week. Work and goofing off. Marty's birthday was yesterday so we went out for dinner and a few of his clients joined us. I have tomorrow off - need to take another day to keep my hours under the max allowed. i think I will start the day at a tire dealer. Need to get my right front tire fixed; it's probably just the sensor but I am tired of getting the error message. I need to brew up cheesecake for dinner Sunday. My excitement-o-meter won't be pegged.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- Happy Birthday to Marty! I hope your work week has gone smoother. Tires...oh boy! That’s one thing I love spending money on. The people who we vacation with are in the market for a new car. I’m pushing the Porsche SUVs, but we no longer have a dealer in Charleston. Bummer. I hope you had a great day off!

How can this be my last day at the beach??? This was a much needed week away for all of us. It is more crowded than usual for this time of year, but I guess people can remote work and virtual school from anywhere! We have been able to keep distanced on the beach and restaurants are at 50% capacity. We have mostly been eating in the outdoor seating areas. We are in probably the most pristine neighborhood we’ve ever stayed. Lots of walks and bike rides. I’m off for one last walk on the beach. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, darn there is no longer a Porsche dealer there. Mine is 50 miles away and I guess I'll be heading there soon. Maybe. I do truly love my car.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Marty. He got a lot of nice cards from his clients which he seems to enjoy; usually he is indifferent to the attention.

Your beach vacation sounds perfect. I am glad you've enjoyed the week. It's sad to go home from a nice vacation.

I had yesterday off so I started out bright and early to get my tires fixed. The place I usually go is hard to get to right now due to construction so I picked another place. Right before I got there a pickup and RV were getting towed in and whatever it needed was going to take them most of the morning so the guy at the desk suggested I come back.

I stopped at the gym next and lifted. Marty hadn't put up my rack downstairs yet and I had a week off already so I was a good kid and lifted. I sadly did hit my head on a metal bar but at least it wasn't that spot I really whacked on the laundry room cabinets. While at the gym I noticed there was a tire dealer right across the street so Marty ran my car over there. They checked all 4 tire sensors and said they were good. I might need to take my car in for a computer issues. Oh no. My warranty ran out on September 30. Does it matter it's been doing this for weeks?

After lifting I picked up a few more things for dinner tomorrow. A friend of mine texted me while I was leaving the store and she came over to lunch and cards. After she left I made cheesecake for tomorrow.

This morning Marty went hiking with a buddy quite early. I made myself some breakfast then watched the new episode of Tehran on Apple TV+. I had to dial in to work briefly.

Marty got home about noon so we went out for lunch. I brewed up my mashed potatoes for tomorrow and am working on laundry.

My sisters and BIL are coming for lunch tomorrow. That should be fun.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Wow is it windy here today - who knew hurricanes can come in so far from the ocean? Ha Ha.

I got a haircut this morning. She cut a more defined layer on the left side since I part my hair on the left side the right side appears to have more layers. It looks great! I think if I had more layers I'd lose the body at the bottom.

I need to make an appointed with Porsche for my tires / computer reading their PSI. As soon as the warranty runs out I need to get something fixed. Oh well, I didn't buy a Porsche because it was cheap to fix.

Marty is brewing up lunch for us. I asked for chicken fettuccine Alfredo, I think he is making chicken parm but either sound great. I'm brewing up cookies after I do dishes.

I continue to amuse myself with YouTube videos. It's a good way to waste time.

I was up until 11 last night watching one of the MLB playoff games; if the series ended we had to delete something for today. The guy on for our traffic logs and I both agreed; we'd rather stay up late and take care of a change then than deal with it early today.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I am not a morning person so I would always prefer to stay up late to get something done than get up early. Matt is the opposite, although he did work until about midnight Friday so he could sleep in and not work on Saturday.

I’m hoping to trade my car in before I need to do anything outside of warranty. Haha...probably won’t happen since I haven’t had my car 2 years yet. I have been working from home since March, so my car doesn’t go many places anymore.

Glad you like your hair cut! I have an appointment this week. Last time I had her dye my hair dark ash blonde with added smoke toner. I would actually like to have her not dye my roots, but maybe do something to blend them in with the rest of my hair. I started having my hair dyed at 22 due to grey and I’m quite tired of it after 30 years! I’m not sure I’m ready to embrace the grey though.

First week back to work from vacation is over. That’s always a tough week! I have been under the weather since we came back. Warm, sunny days there to cold and rainy here. I decided to take a sick day on Friday, but got awakened by texts from an IT guy. They scheduled a production build, but had neglected to send the fixes to me to test first. I ended up working 5 hours on my sick day. I have slept more than I thought it was possible for a human to sleep this weekend, and I think I could sleep more! I’m feeling much better though, and did a few loads of laundry today. I still can’t figure out how 2 people have so much laundry! We ate really healthy last week. I’m trying really hard to cut sugar waaay back in my diet, and trying not to snack. We got a few good walks in last week when the weather let us. Have a great day tomorrow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results