shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-we went to Sams, Target and Kroger tonight. I do better with the disposable masks than the cloth, but the stores were really warm inside. When I took my mask off, my face underneath was bright red. Ugh! And there were so many shelves, even completely empty aisles, in every store. What the heck?

I love the chicken and rice with cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix. Mom made it when I was a kid and I thought it was the most awesome meal. Matt’s mom didn’t cook, so I’m trying out all these things mom made for us on him. And it’s funny...we’ve been married for 25 years and it only took a global pandemic for me to cook! I don’t have to worry about Matt messing with my stash of tomatoes. He hates them. And they’re so good when they’re fresh out of the garden! That’s good your sister and BIL brought you some fresh goods. I bought peaches tonight at Sams. I hope they’re good.

Yes...you need a ring! The mask takes away the fun of shopping though. Do you have something in mind? Do you wear most of what you have? I don’t have much of a rotation, but I love what I have. For our big trip to the stores tonight, I wore my wedding rings, my sapphire ring, and my favorite dangle earrings. I felt all dressed up!

It rained the entire day. We just took Lily for a quick walk in the neighborhood before bed. We had leftover hamburgers and corn for lunch, and I had pasta with marinara sauce and grilled chicken at the Olive Garden for dinner. Our restaurants still have seriously limited menus and there are so few people there. Makes me wonder how anything is making it right now. Gotta head to bed so I can do it all again tomorrow. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, you certainly made the rounds of stores last night. Darn that your face was red from masks. I see pictures of people who have developed serious skin rashes / conditions from them. I use a folder paper towel at work sometimes and can definitely breathe better through it than the cloth masks. Cases seem to have fallen but you aren't hearing about that. I guess if it's not bad news no one wants to report it. Sigh.

That's good you still make some dishes you had as a kid. That is too bad Matt's mom didn't cook but if II remember rightly she wouldn't win mother of the year. Glad he found you and your family. My sisters and I still make some of those dishes we had growing up. I guess they are almost comfort food to old ladies like us. Better to start cooking now than never, eh? Good deal you don't have to share those delicious tomatoes. I notice our baggy of tomatoes is going down.

Nice that you got out jewelry for your shopping trip. Are the flower cluster earrings shipping on the 24th? You should get them on the 25th then maybe? I am anxious to see them. I do have favorite rings and most of the other ones get ignored. If i went to the store I planned on upgrading a few rings (my ruby ring, my sapphire ring) and trading a raspberry sapphire for another Kentucky Blue sapphire. Typically I leave with something different than I went in to buy. If I order online they have a sapphire they are listing as salmon color which based on pictures looks to me like a pad color. If I order something online I might order that in a ring. They have 2 ovals - with a price difference of about $2000 tho; I might use their online chat and have them check the make of the larger one. They have makes that rates the cut quality and if it's a 5 or better I might buy it sight unseen. i can't lose money on it because I can return it if I hate it or have it to trade towards something else someday. They run things rather poorly in the store and I generally spend an average of 3 hours in the store, but I contribute to the time I'm there because I have so much of their jewelry to clean and check plus I usually go in with the intention to upgrade/buy a few things. They only bring out 3 loose stones for you at a time and then you have to eliminate the ones you don't like before they go get other stones to check. Plus they can be waiting on more than one customer. They do take appointments now and you can post links to what you want to see so maybe they round it all up for your appointment. I pick settings out of the display cases but always pick loose gemstones.

I feel bad for restaurants. Ours can only have 25% capacity at once and a manager at one place told me their limited menu is because they have a hard time getting supplies. I don't see how they can maintain that kind of loss for any amount of time. A girl friend of mine is a waitress / bar tender at a local steakhouse and she only works 12 hours a week.

Work wasn't too bad today. One of my employees is off tomorrow and Friday so we'll be busy filling in for him. I made pasta for lunch today and had chips / salsa for supper followed by a peach for dessert.

I did get my lifting done too.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-in the press conference on Monday, the state health officer explained that our deaths were going to jump because the CDC was requiring them to report probable cases as Covid deaths, regardless of whether there was a positive test. She explained in more detail when questioned by reporters, and it’s just bogus. I won’t go on a rant.

You sound like you have lots of options for buying new stones and jewelry. That would be awesome! Although I don’t think I could spend 3 hours in a jewelry store, especially wearing a mask. It would be kind of fun though, with them bringing out things for you to look at. I am such a visual person. It would be fun to put together a setting with a stone all at once. I could never do a custom project, explaining what I want and all that. The closest thing I can come to custom is picturing my new earrings set in a lever back instead of a post. I’m not super creative!

I have received a couple of updates on my earrings, along with a picture of a smaller pair set in lever backs. I think I’m going to love them! First they said the earrings were normally 14kt and the lever backs were 18kt, so they were going to make them all 18kt at no extra charge. Then the 18kt wasn’t available, so they’re all 14kt and I received a $100 credit. It truly doesn’t matter to me. I just want them to be pretty.

I showed my mom your flower pots and watering system. She loved it! She has such a green thumb and still plants way too many things that require watering every year.

I had a follow up for my painful tooth today. I have a had a sinus headache for two solid weeks after my root canal. Turns out, one root was a pretty good bit into my sinus cavity. Added to that, when he opened the tooth, there was pooled blood and all the medicated cotton packing was in shreds. Long story short, he unpacked the tooth, it bled a bunch, and the sinus pressure has eased. Hallelujah! I’m supposed to take 800 mg of ibuprofen a few times a day for the next few days, and then it should be calmed down. Fingers crossed there! I had shredded wheat for breakfast, Matt brought me home a chicken sub for lunch, and I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich for dinner. It’s soft food again for a few days. We walked a few times around the neighborhood today. The storms yesterday knocked the humidity down and it was a glorious day! I worked 11 hours today. Matt griped at me when he got home from church this evening because I was supposed to come home and lie down after my appointment and not work. Oh well. Have a wonderful Thursday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, wow, just wow! That is totally bogus about reporting COVID cases and I know a lot of states are doing that. There was some senator who is a doctor in either Michigan or Minnesota that questioned that same order from his state and the state filed charges against him for spreading misinformation about COVID and threatened to pull his license. I think they finally dropped the charges. This has turned in to such a scam. Hospitals get money for treating COVID cases - our local hospital got 5 million dollars for it just last week. We've hardly had any positive cases here. I am calling my mandatory mask my "MaskCharade". Grrrrrrrrr.

I don't mind spending that time in the jewelry store as long as I can set at one of their little cubes; now standing around for that amount of time I don't enjoy. I enjoy picked out the loose gemstones because I can usually get really nice ones that way. They don't always have a well cut gemstone I like but I do enjoy looking. I generally don't want to go totally custom because some pieces I've had made here locally turned out awful. i view it like gambling; I'll only spend what I am willing to lose.

That's cool you got to see a smaller pair of cluster earrings on lever backs already. I think they will really look great. Sweet for getting a $100 refund. I'll look forward to your glamour shots. Their photographer's name is Marcella (my given name). I am anxious with you.

I am glad your mom liked Marty's watering system; I am sure Matt could get that easily set up for her. I love it. Those 3 pots getting watered now are really looking good.

How completely awful about that root canal getting in to a sinus cavity. No wonder it hurt. Glad unpacking it and letting some of the pressure out helped. Darn for being on soft food again for a few days but hopefully you'll be all better in a few days. You deserve your pretty new earrings after that. I swear my teeth and sinuses bug each other constantly.

Darn you worked so much today; I hope you have a good night's sleep.

I logged off at 4:30 today so didn't work any extra time. We had late baseball changes but I didn't do them. The first change was going on air in 30 minutes so I said nope, ain't going to happen. My senior manager asked me if I was going to make the changes and I said no and after he looked at what I'd have to do he agreed. Our guide provider didn't get the NHL playoff game in the guide for today either but again I didn't have a nice, neat little spot to change so I left it. My direct manager thinks I should make all those changes so we will see what if anything he'll have to say about it tomorrow. Oh well.

Marty grilled steaks for us for lunch. I baked some fresh corn on the cob and made a plate of raw veggies. I shared my orange cherry tomatoes. I fixed the medium cucumber they brought us and it was nasty bitter so we didn't eat it.

Speaking of peanut butter; I think PB toast is on the menu for my supper.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

I am boredom shopping this morning. I ordered a new sapphire ring. See below. Ordered some Hallmark Christmas ornaments and a 100 year birthday card. My sisters MIL will be 100 next month. I need to order a Christmas tree and have it narrowed down to 2 choices. I’m a fo shopping or a shopping fool.

Marty is hiking and I am starving but I hate to eat much because we will go eat when he gets home and I don’t want to fill up first. I had a piece of candy and drinking a mini Coke to tide me over.

I dialed in to do some work first thing then got a hair cut. I asked for more layers like a shag. It’s better but I don’t think she gets the shag idea. I’ll see what it looks likes tomorrow.

as for my ring I decided I’m not up to shopping for jewelry is a mask so I ordered a solitaire ring in rose gold, a 5x7 oval salmon sapphire and a diamond halo. The sapphire is 1.12 carats and a very good cut. They had a larger oval very good cut but it was 2K more and they had an excellent cut salmon in a cushion cut but I’ve got 4 or 5 cushion cuts so I wanted oval. And I still have cash to upgrade a blue stone when I can get to the store. I typically won’t get anything rated below excellent cut but I can always upgrade to another 5x7 I can see in person should I not like this one. they generally don’t have many salmon sapphires and usually they are below a carat so I haven’t got one yet. The one time they had a gorgeous oval over 2 carats I wanted it but I’d already bought earrings, upgraded one ring and 2 sapphires so I passed. They aren’t listed as Padparadscha but seem similar in color so I want one. I should get it Thursday.
sorry the picture is so big. I’m on my iPad.

take care

Marcy

1598121446174.jpeg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I like the salmon color! That will be really pretty. I love how you don’t think things to death like I do. I wanna be like you. When I buy something pre-owned, I spend only what I’m willing to lose. So far I have liked everything except one ring I bought from a pser. It’s too bulky, but it was cheap so no harm done. I’m sure I’ll wear it sometime.

How’d your hair turn out? I don’t think my haircut lady understands a shag either. I don’t show her an actual picture anymore. I draw a picture of a shape. She kind of gets that. I’m glad I had her cut layers in the bottom last time. Where I have been letting it dry by itself and not using a flat iron, it would be huge if I hadn’t had it cut.

Did everything turn out okay with work and the changes? There’s only so much you can do!

My sister, her fiancé and my niece unexpectedly stopped by Friday. My niece has been medically discharged from the Navy and they picked her up at the airport, which is less than 10 minutes from my house. I made chicken enchiladas, tacos, rice and corn cake. After they left, I logged back in for work so I could get my 10 hrs of OT for the week. The only thing I got done yesterday was laundry. We had planned to go out to eat out, but it began storming so we stayed in. Today we went to mom’s. She sent me home with 3 bags of tomatoes and a few peppers. We brought pulled pork and corn on the cob, mom threw together macaroni salad, and we had fresh watermelon from the garden. My sister and 18yr old niece were there. My niece is really mad that in-person school has been cancelled in KY until November and she’s starting her senior year in a virtual classroom. Her sister is a nervous wreck because she is student teaching this semester, and will be doing a virtual classroom with first graders. That will be interesting!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whew! Long day. I worked 8am-8:30 pm. I’m too old for this!

My earrings shipped with a delivery date of Wednesday. This works better for me than overnight. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon and Matt is oblivious to anything else going on while he’s concentrating on work. I didn’t get a glamour shot, darn it. Maybe tomorrow.

I had leftover spaghetti for lunch and a sandwich for dinner. I snacked on tomatoes all day long. We took a couple of quick walks in the neighborhood between rain showers. My momma had to have a Covid test today because she has surgery on her hand scheduled for Wednesday. She’ll get her results tomorrow. They told her if the results came back positive, they’d just do 2 more tests because they’re getting so many false positives. Encouraging, isn’t it?

I’m off to read before bed. Goodnight!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, thank you - I am anxious to see the sapphire when it shows up this week. Speaking of showing up this week - did you get glamour shots yet? A shipping notice? I am so excited to see your earrings.

My hair does look better and I think drawing how you want your hair to look is a great idea. Good deal your bottom layer works better now. Mine isn't so poofy now. I still have to use a bobby pin to keep my hair from falling in my face but that's easy. I don't want to use gel to keep it in place.

Yes, things did turn out okay with our weekend updates. A director sent out an email to my boss with a nice note about the 4 of us that dealt with it this weekend and I get a day off this Friday. Sweet.

That's nice you sister and niece stopped by. You made a feast for them. I hate to hear your niece was medically discharged from the Navy - is that the niece that was in Chicago? I hope she is okay.

It sounds like you had a lovely time visiting your mom and getting to see some of your family again. Dinner there must have been delicious. I feel bad for your niece that is starting her senior year remotely. That is such an important milestone in a young persons life. I feel worse for your niece that is teaching first graders in a virtual classroom. That will be challenging.

Heavy smoke here again today - it's giving me a headache and my eyes are burning. When my allergies are bad I get so tired. On top of that I woke up at 2 am and couldn't go back to sleep. I am too old to miss sleep; I've been dragging all day. I was going to pick up an Egg McMuffin on the way to work but everyone else must have had the same thought. Darn.

I stopped by the grocery store after work and picked up a few things.

Do you watch Yellowstone? They had season 3 season finale last night and talk about a cliff hanger. i can't wait a year to see what happened. Grr.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, how cool your earrings will arrive on Wednesday. Your photos hopefully show up tonight or tomorrow, I've got them very late at night before. How exciting.

You did have a very long day of work.

That's funny - I had leftover spaghetti for lunch and a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. Great minds think alike.

I hope your mom's tests are negative and no it's not a good thing to know they are getting so many false positives on those tests.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee - did you get glamour shots? I can't wait to see your pretty new earrings.

Great sunrise this morning; a very orange sun. Work wasn’t too bad today; woo hoo. I picked up my new glasses after work; I do see well with them. I then stopped at the farmer’s market and bought a box of peaches. To funny the last time I bought a box of peaches a few years ago I had to have someone carry them to my car and then I had to pull out a bowl full of peaches at a time and carry them in the house. No problem now - I picked that box up and carried it right to my car and then right in to the house when I got home. They need to set out about a day or two but they look delicious. After picking up peaches (literally) I stopped and had a roast beef sandwich, a few fries and some frozen custard. I had to use some drano in the shower when I got home; it was draining slow this morning; which led to scrubbing the shower as well but oh well it should work better tomorrow. I got a call on my ring; the ring I picked has surprise diamonds on the side that don’t work with the halo crown I picked; I told them that’s fine just pick another rose gold solitaire from 2 to 4 mm wide - I want the sapphire and halo. He said I’d still get it this week. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-we had terrible storms this evening and our internet is down. I can’t type real well on my phone, so I’ll post more tomorrow. I wanted to share my earring pics. I am going to make sure to be home all day tomorrow so I can sign for them! As soon as I step out for a walk, the FedEx man will stop by. I hope that yellow tint I see is just a reflection. They’re F/G stones. 5C9F97FE-E701-4F69-9BDC-68301683F353.jpeg 2682C518-2963-4967-AC7A-47403BE4D5B1.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee they are gorgeous. I am pretty confident they be very white diamonds. And sparkly. I can’t wait.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, did you get them? Huh, huh, huh? Do you love them???

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I did get them! They’re really sparkly and white. I’m glad I went with the 1ctw. I tried really hard to get a good ear shot, but they kept swinging and sparkling. They are so much lighter than my similar pair set in platinum. I can’t feel these at all, and I like that. I have a few pics on my phone, but my phone and iPad haven’t synced up yet. I’ll post them later. Now I’m thinking what I can buy with my last paycheck overtime, and then my next one! I’m liking this 10hr OT each week.

Your comment about being able to carry the box of peaches cracked me up. You muscle woman! I am lacking in upper body strength. I wonder if I could convince Matt to put a weight bench in his man room. Hmm. I hope your glasses work out for you. I’m excited to see your new ring! I live vicariously through you and your jewelry!!

We had a hellacious storm last night. I was driving home from my hair appointment, and the sky opened up. We’re in the mountains, and high wind is just bad. I live off a barely two lane curvy road off of a slightly bigger curvy two lane road. There were trees hanging over the road and in the road with power lines dangling off the trees hanging over the road. It was raining so hard, visibility was low. No place to pull off... Hillside on one side and ravine on the other. I was barely able to get turned into our neighborhood. Somehow we didn’t lose power, but we did lose internet through about 1pm today. We didn’t have damage, but our neighborhood is full of debris. Crazy.

Mom had surgery on her hand today and is doing well. She hasn’t taken a pain pill yet because she says the surgery pain is much better than the pain she was having. I imagine it will be really sore tomorrow. I had leftover beef brisket and macaroni & cheese for lunch, and a salad with fresh tomatoes and peppers for dinner. We took a few walks around the neighborhood today, but it was slow going with all the debris in the road. I’m off to bed. Have a great Thursday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, did you wear your earrings all day? I love them. They look like perfect. Isn't it nice to get OT money? When I was teaching I'd rotate checks - Marty would get one, I'd get one and then the next one went on a bill or something for the house.

i was very excited to be able to carry in the box of peaches. I was a weakling a year ago. LOL. I am seeiing pretty good with my new glasses.

I just checked my ring status and it says ready to ship; I'm going to be ticked if it's for Monday delivery - I have to go in to the office that day. Noooooooo! Hopefully I'll get a shipping notice tonight.

That storm sounds awful and driving home in it pretty scary. I am glad you didn't lose electricity or have any damage. We had an intense and windy rain storm this afternoon. I hope some of the fires around here got the rain as well.

Your mom's surgery sounds promising for her if she is already feeling better. That's great.

Marty has been dealing with a bad shoulder for well over a year and has been seeing a doctor about it for a few months. The doctor tried a few things on it and finally ordered a MRI. The insurance kicked it back and wants Marty to do 6 weeks of therapy first before they will approve it.

I had an exciting day - not. I spent the first few hours taking care of double header updates and this afternoon got to revise the titles and descriptions on some adult PPV events. You know with titles and descriptions like you see in your spam emails. Such fun. I guess I'm making sports and **** more accurate for the world. Ha Ha.

We had baked potatoes, steak, corn and cherry tomatoes for lunch. I opted for popcorn for supper.

Take care. I'll watch for your pictures.

Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, are you loving your earrings?

I got up about 6 am and saw a gorgeous sunrise then went back to bed until about 8. Woo hoo!!!!

I met Marty for lunch, watched some stuff on YouTube and spent my afternoon waiting for the optical shop to get my new lenses put in my sunglasses. I wandered Hobby Lobby (next door to the optical shop) for a while, sat in my car with the AC running waiting for the call the glasses were done and finally gave up and came home. Just as i got out of my car they called and said your glasses are ready. Back I went.

Hobby Lobby had all their Christmas stuff out so I wandered those isles.

The jewelry store called me today because the halo I picked is too small for the sapphire so they need to use the next larger one (which costs more) to which I said that’s fine but I pointed out you already changed the ring so is new ring cheaper? She didn’t know about that change so once it’s all said and done I may or may not need to pay again or more or get a refund? Let’s hope they figure it all out soon; if I’d been home when they called me I would have asked for the replacement ring item number so I could look it up. Oh well, the solitaire band isn’t why I’m buying it. I hope the larger halo isn’t over kill - the one I picked before was 5 pointers, the one they are using are 8 pointers.

We had Mexican for lunch so I had a peach, a piece of toast and dish of ice cream for supper.

I should be doing something productive but that sounds too much like work.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring is packed and ready to ship. I asked for the item number of the band. Seems very similar to the other one. I forgot to ask for the item number of the other halo. If it’s the one I found it has oval diamonds. I like it. We will see what I think come Wednesday.

I was working on my September article (late) and my battery was low so had to plug in my laptop for a while. I guess I goofed off online too much today.

Oh well. Have a great weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that’s going to be a blingy ring! I can’t wait to see it. I’m glad it’s ready to ship and it wasn’t held up for the change they had to make. I’ve been wearing my earrings since I got them. When I get something new, I think I wear it for a solid month and then slip it into a rotation. I haven’t been able to get very good pics and for some reason, my phone isn’t syncing with my iPad. I’ll post pics from my phone.

Good you’re there to make sports and adult entertainment accurate! So if someone makes a mistake after it’s on air, can it still be corrected? I’ve been picking through data for the last 4 hours and I’m about to go cross eyed. We’re working on a bigger county where every stinking employee needs their 2017 data corrected. 4 people are identifying the problems and filling in certain cells on my spreadsheet, and I am running edits to make sure the corrections are within reasonable expectations, and I’m working with the database guy to get them fixed. I love working with data! Weird, I know. It’s better than working with people.

I got sidelined last week with my regular job duties. I don’t have time for my regular job. I have 38,000 teacher accounts to fix!

Oh no that Marty is having shoulder problems. Of course insurance wants lots of PT before an MRI. They like to drag everything out! Matt had a torn rotator cuff that, fortunately, responded well to therapy and he didn’t need surgery. My mom amazes me and makes me feel like such a wimp. When she went for her surgery, she asked the Dr to do a local anesthetic instead of putting her all the way under. They tried to talk her out of it, but the doctor ended up doing just the local. So they cut into the knot at the base of her fingers to get the tendon to release and she said the sharp electrical pain she was feeling immediately stopped. Her surgery was Wednesday and she has taken one pain pill. She said it hurts from the surgery, but felt better than it did and she didn’t need pain meds. When my dad was in the hospital after having a whole lot of colon removed, he had a morphine drip he wouldn’t use. He told the nurse he was no druggie. Sigh.

I talked to mom today for 4 hours, then Matt and I went into town to pick up a pizza for dinner. There was a patriotic boat rally going on in the river that was quite pretty. Matt worked the entire day today, from 8am until 11:30pm with a break only to get the pizza. I only worked 4 hours because I don’t want to use up all my OT hours already. I’m thinking about asking to bump that to 15 or 20 hours this week. I have a lot to do. But then again, I need that limit or I’ll just keep working and I don’t need to do that. We went to Walmart last night and there were lots of empty shelves. Sheesh. Have a great Sunday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
View attachment 776113 DB633BE0-34F0-4178-A6C4-D7B531B78B13.jpeg This pic is my new earring next to my old one. The old one is small, but it had a short, fixed lever back setting, and the flower came just just below my earlobe. They were perfect everyday earrings. Small, not fussy.

Attachments

• 0D4451D4-6D7A-46CD-9447-7639BBBD602F.jpeg
    0D4451D4-6D7A-46CD-9447-7639BBBD602F.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 8B85B1DF-8A69-4996-ABC2-2C4A07A20307.jpeg
    8B85B1DF-8A69-4996-ABC2-2C4A07A20307.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee your earrings look fabulous on you - the perfect size in my humble opinion. They are awesome! I do the same thing with new jewelry; wear it all the time for a while.

Yes we can correct on air events but it naturally gets a lot of unwanted attention. It takes roughly a minimum of 10 minutes to get changes pushed out to customers. You remember my Neg Nellie we were going to fire but she quit first? She personally created 4 on air errors inside of 5 months and we hadn't had any for like 5 years before that.

Making all of those corrections sounds very tedious for you but I'm with you I'd rather work with data than people. That kind of work is right up my alley as well. Fixing 38,000 accounts doesn't sound like a quick fix unless there is some magic query that can help.

That's great Matt's rotator cup responded well to therapy. I am glad your mom could feel relief right away in her hand; she is brave or tough or both to do that with local anesthesia. I had hernia surgery that way and it was awful - doubt I'll ever do it again. It was a outpatient surgery place, they were behind and I was the last patient for the day so they said it won't be that bad - you won't feel a thing. WRONG. They just wanted to go home earlier. My dad was the same way with drugs; he wouldn't take anything.

Darn that you and Matt had to work on the weekend. It was nice of you to keep me company. So far I've worked less than the past few weekends. Pizza sounds great. Darn that Walmart had bare shelves. I might go stock up on paper products at Sams Club early Tuesday.

I have been working on the September newsletter and September article today. I kind of started on them yesterday but I goofed around on my laptop so much I needed to plug it in by 5 pm yesterday. We had grilled steak and cottage cheese for lunch. i got my lifting done this morning.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-mom said she felt everything they were doing, but it felt no more than a tug or pressure. They put a tent over her face so she couldn’t see. I guess we’re just a wimpier generation! Although I think a hernia surgery under local anesthetic would not be a good idea. That sounds horrible.

I do remember your negative Nellie. I don’t understand how making mistakes doesn’t bother some people. With this project I’m on, our “data manager” worked on it for a year and then retired. They had to scrap everything she did. The next manager had her staff make screen prints of the 38,000 accounts over 2 years’ time and that was about it. Useless! Especially since I told her I didn’t want them. So now it’s mine, and I WILL fix it.

I told Matt I thought we needed to put a weight bench in his man room. He gave me the funniest look!

Today I decided to be super health conscious. Matt picked up sausage egg biscuits this morning and I couldn’t say no to that. For lunch I had popcorn and a Bloody Mary. Then I had a few more bloody Mary’s. Dinner was leftover pizza, but I wasn’t terribly hungry after all those drinks. We went for a few walks around the neighborhood and I stepped on a dead snake. Ew. Still a lot of storm debris in the street and I thought it was just another stick. I’ve had a lot of vodka today, so it’s early to bed for me! Have a great Monday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a long day! I couldn’t connect to our work network until 11 this morning. I worked on stuff on my machine for a few hours, knowing I really needed to get to my project on the network. When it came back, it was sluggish for hours and then crashed again right in the middle of me testing a fix for a system defect. Ugh. I logged out long enough for a good walk in the park and dinner, and then back on for a few hours. It seemed to be doing better this evening. After our walk, Matt decided Outback takeout sounded good. I didn’t argue. I had 3oz filet and broccoli for dinner, a sad peanut butter sandwich for lunch, and Cheerios and a banana for breakfast. Super exciting day, but not too bad food-wise. Plus we got our good walk in at the park. Have a great Tuesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, that’s good your mom didn’t feel anything awful during her surgery.

I don’t get people either that aren’t concerned if they make a mistake; they don’t learn from them then either. I admit I chuckled at 38,000 screen shots - how was that a good idea? I am sure you’ll fix things up right.

I think a weight bench in the man room is a great idea.

Bloody Mary’s sound great. Ewe to stepping on a snake. At our old house we had a den of snakes under the deck or side of the house - I didn’t look in to it that closely. We used to get small snakes in the basement and ended up having a belt size in the living room. Marty finally put fine metal grates in all our basement drains and “Supposedly” no more got in the house. I used to scream when I’d find one.

I hope your internet access worked better today. I hate when that happens. At least you did get your walk in for the day.

My ring arrived at about 2 pm today. I do like it. The halo kind of overpowers the sapphire but probably because I don’t have any halo rings. The oval has a bowtie in roughly the same place as an extinction but it’s only bad looking straight on and shows way worse in photos. Color is pretty good - I see pink in some light and orange in other light, when I move it around I see both colors. I can’t seem to get a decent picture of it but will try when I get sun coming in through the window.

I enjoyed my day off. Slept in a bit, The cleaning lady was here. She loves to talk to me so misses stuff because she gets distracted. Oh well, my house looks clean. I had Marty pick up Olive Garden for us for lunch.

After submitting my article to the paper the lady I deal with sent me back an email thanking me so I asked her if I could get a discount on my subscription. She said she’d get with the manager of subscriptions and he got with me and gave me a free subscription. Sweet. I just download it and my renewal for earlier this month was double what I paid before so I thought it won’t hurt to ask.

Take care.
Marcy

In profile but very pink sapphire. The halo has 24 diamonds - probably 3 pointers then tiny little ones
IMG_5027.JPG
This kind of shows the orange and pink I see sometimes
IMG_4995.JPG
It lightens up in sunlight and all very sparkly
IMG_2920.JPG
Again shows color of the sapphire and the window / extinction
IMG_4996.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blowing up some of these pictures I am pretty sure the halo is what is causing the dark spots.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- your ring is beautiful! I love the halo. It looks layered. Lots of bling! Are you happy with it? I look forward to daylight/sunlight pics. When you get tired of it, you can pass it on to me. Of course, it would take me 6-8 months to think about it. You’d have 10 new rings during that time! I think I only have one halo ring. It’s a pear shaped opal and it’s really pretty. I never wear it because it is too big and I never had it sized.

Good thinking about the subscription. Can’t beat free! I thinking about having our cleaners come at least every other week. We have no idea when we’re going back to our offices and I really hate cleaning.

Matt has already worked more than 40 hours this week, and I’m at 26. We’re already tired, and it was only Tuesday. Ugh. We got a good walk in at the park, even though it started raining in mile 3. It was hot, so it felt good while it was raining but got steamy afterwards. We passed a lady who remarked that the air was thick. Yup. I had strawberries and a banana for breakfast, the rest of my filet and salad for lunch, and we had crockpot roast for dinner. I finished my book and now I’m heading to bed. Happy Wednesday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, thank you. I am totally pleased with my ring. The zoning/extinction is totally caused by the halo crown; you can see the center of the basket in one of the pictures. The camera catches it way more than I see it. The sapphire lightens in backlit or side lit. It's more pink in bright light and more orange in other lighting. I do see both pink and orange facets when I move it around. I think the halo overpowers the subtle color changes but I wouldn't change it. A few pictures from this morning is below. You can see the different colors and overall it is a very sparkly ring. When I dig out a different RHR it is going to be way less blingy.

Good plan to have the cleaners take care of that pesky chore for you.

You and Matt are workinig too much this week. I hope today wasn't as busy for both of you. Your menu sounds delicious yesterday. Today I've had a piece of toast, a piece of cinnamon bread, a baked potato, a mini meatloaf and some raw veggies. Supper will probably be a peach and maybe an ice cream bar.

Work has been a little slow today. I played cards online during my lunch today. Our order from Omaha Steaks showed up so I got everything put in freezer bags.

Lifting is on my agenda this afternoon. I got a load of laundry done earlier today.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

rings.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Not much going on here. Work was slow so i've been looking at pretty pictures on PS when I took a few breaks. I ordered groceries to pick up at 6 so I'll be heading out for that here shortly. We had sirloin and rice for lunch so I'm not very hungry. I think I'll have a peach before I go pick up my order.

Tomorrow is Friday and the beginning of a long weekend. Sweet. Cross your fingers and toes no games get cancelled this weekend.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I love that ring. It even has a pretty profile! I have a few things on my wish list with Lang’s Antiques. I calculated how many OT hours I need to buy one of them. Once I work the hours (I should be there by next Friday), I’ll decide if I still want it. I have a pair of earrings in my cart on Ruby Lane and was just about to buy them when I noticed the seller is in Portugal. I’m afraid of an overseas transaction.

I hope your weekend is quiet! Matt mentioned something about some baseball games being cancelled. I will probably work some either Saturday or Sunday. Depends on when we head to Ky. I don’t get time and a half next week because of the holiday, but I still plan to work extra. Gotta decide about that ring!

Poor Matt has already worked 70 hours this week. He has had a 7am call with the India office every day, worked all day with the last meeting ending at 6pm. He’s kind of a zombie right now. He said there was a good chance he’d be going back to bed after the call tomorrow.

We went to Sams, Target and Kroger tonight. I am still shocked that there are empty shelves. Tell me why Target hasn’t resupplied hands towels and plastic storage bins. I get cleaning supplies and paper goods, but some things are head scratchers. We ate at a local Mexican restaurant and I ordered from the healthy menu. Still too salty, but it wasn’t covered in those tasty sauces and cheese. I’m trying to do better! Have a wonderful Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, good idea to wait a week and see if you still want that ring at Langs. What type of ring is it? I agree that I wouldn't want to mess with buying something from overseas. Nice to have that overtime money to use for jewelry. Darn that you won't get overtime next week due to the holiday. I did ask payroll at work today if i could opt out of that temporary payroll tax deduction so I don't have to make it up next year and found out our company is opting out of doing it anyway. That is fine with me.

I hope I have a quite weekend as well. Between playoffs still going on and baseball I am not optimistic I won't be working at some point. Cross my fingers anyway.

I can see why Matt is a zombie working that much and starting the day so early. Marty has some of those early morning / late night calls sometimes as well. Such fun.

Darn that the paper products aren't coming back in stock; we have the same problem here. I read somewhere Tuesday morning and Saturday morning are the best days to shop since stores generally get a shipment in on Monday and then later in the week to stock the shelves for the weekend. I have no idea if that is true. I need to get TP and paper towels very soon. Ugh.

Yes, Mexican food is usually salty but like you said tasty. I usually eat way too many chips and salsa too while we wait for our food. We had a family Mexican restaurant in town that made their own flour tortilla chips; they were so good. Sadly they were struggling before the COVID shutdown and have decided not to open up again. They had great peach margaritas too.

I read today new Jeopardy programs will start on September 13 - sweet. Something new to watch.

We are having a movie night tomorrow for some of the gym folks. I talked Marty in to posting "bring your own snacks and beverages". It's not that I'm cheap but just thought that would be smart right now. If he didn't post that I was going to go buy bags of microwave popcorn and mini Snickers and Milky Ways - that way everyone could have their own popcorn and candy. Ha! Monday my sister, BIL, nephew and his wife are coming to learn how to do my sister's website. Sadly we are expecting up to 6" of snow Monday in to Tuesday with my favorite "ice". Nooooooooooooooo! That will be the earliest snow / freeze I can remember in a while.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We had a movie night for Marty’s gym clients last night. 4 of them showed up and it was fun. We watched Gross Pointe Blank and So I Married an Ax Murderer. I think we’ll try that once a month.

We had a total Omaha Steak dinner today - grilled steaks, baked scalloped potatoes and chocolate soufflé. Everyone was really good. I might brew up some popcorn here for supper.

We are still expecting snow accumulations Monday night through Tuesday. Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results